Plots in EU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deception
Just a question, of all SW inclusive of EU, what do you think had the best plot?

My opinion is Kotor...a good twist.

Motoko Sama
Hm...

...I wonder...

...Could be...

...Nope!

Honestly, I'm really not sure. I liked the whole plot behind Crimson Empire - though it wasn't the best, it's one of my personal favorites. And Shadows of the Empire was also decent I thought.

I can't think of which EU material had the best plot - many to pick from. Once someone posts some good ones, I'll think of it. Or maybe tomorrow when I've actually gotten sleep.

Ushgarak
It wasn't a good twisy, it was an adequate twist; frankly, I was not certain about its credibility, and it is hardly a startling new idea, with the amnesiac like that.

Despite its adequate nature, KOTOR has mwerely a computer game plot- and for that mater, Baldur's Gate had a better plot than that.

The plot was adequate for a game but would not stand up well outside that medium.

Empire Strikes Back- simple, clean, effective.

True Fox
I'd say KOTOR too. The plot imo was awesome and both Revan and Malak are probably some of the best star wars characters there are.

Ushgarak
I've never understood anyone who thinks Revean is a great character. Other than the fact that you hear a lot of people saying "Oh, he was great"- which is hardly qualification- it is rather implicit to the game design that you never see Revan do anything... except that which you yourself do.

Which makes classing him a great character an interesting exercise in narcissism.

BLAK FOX
Well I think it is the mysterious side of Revan that draws so many fans. That and the fact that he is treated like a god in KOTOR2.

BTW Ush thanks for changing your mind about banning this account. You can bane true fox and the others whenever you want to now.

Razielim
Thrawn Trilogy for sure. Maybe the X-Wing Series as a close second. SotE was great and I loved Crimson Empire (easily the greatest SW comic out there). The NJO was awesome at some points too.

KotOR was alright, but just a video game plot. KotOR II could have easily been up there if they hadn't rushed it.

DE Luke
I agree with Razielim,K2 wouldve been great had LA not rushed it.But I like Dark Empire first,along with Crimson Empire series in at second,followed by Shadows of the Empire going at third.

Kotor series rocks honestly,even if it is just a game.K2 wouldve beaten out K1 for sure if LA hadn't rushed it's release.

BLAK FOX
I really liked Jedi versus Sith but hardly anyone else seems to have.

Razielim
Hoth singlehandedly made that comic badass.

DE Luke
Meh,I didn't really like the Jedi vs Sith series,Hoth was pretty badass though.wink

BLAK FOX
I personally liked Bane. He rocked and I have a feeling Zannah will be crazy powerful in Bane's upcoming book.

Jam-Jul_Lison
I think just about all the books that take place after ROTJ had a good plot. With the exception of the New Jedi Order series. That has to be the worst series ever. If I had to pick any 3 series as my favorite. I would have to pick Thrawn Trilogy. Jedi Acadomy Trilogy and the X-Wing Series.

Razielim
Meh, I didn't like the JA trilogy too much. I like the NJO better.

SnakeEyes
I haven't read the Thrawn trilogy yet, but I've heard it's really good.

Labyrinth of Evil had a really good plot that tied in with the movies (namely Episode Three) very well. I definitely recommend it.

Escape81
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I haven't read the Thrawn trilogy yet, but I've heard it's really good.

Labyrinth of Evil had a really good plot that tied in with the movies (namely Episode Three) very well. I definitely recommend it.

I liked Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader the best. All the Thrawn-related books, Darksaber, and Crimson Empire.

The rest just suck.

Kotor's an awesome game, but Kotor II has a retarded plot.

Archangelysses
Cloak of Deception and the trade paperback Jedi Council Acts of War were good for expanding Sidious' plot

Thrawn was the much breath of fresh air that breathed life back into the universe. Truly, out of all the novels been done, when reading the Thrawn Trilogy, I swear I could almost hear John Williams Soundtrack as I was reading.

However, I found the plot of KOTOR predictable. KOTOR II is a better game in a lot of ways but was hamstrung by its rushed release. Sion made a much better villian than Malak.

SnakeEyes
I actually like the NJO series embarrasment

*runs out of thread*

GM Nebaris
NJO rocked. Anakin Solo and ganner Rhysode made the series incredible.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Archangelysses
Cloak of Deception and the trade paperback Jedi Council Acts of War were good for expanding Sidious' plot

Thrawn was the much breath of fresh air that breathed life back into the universe. Truly, out of all the novels been done, when reading the Thrawn Trilogy, I swear I could almost hear John Williams Soundtrack as I was reading.

However, I found the plot of KOTOR predictable. KOTOR II is a better game in a lot of ways but was hamstrung by its rushed release. Sion made a much better villian than Malak. Ditto.

Julie
I actually like the NJO too....the way it wrapped up anyway...there were a few points that had me about to chuck the books out the window

peterwiggin714
I liked KOTORII but the ending sucked. i'd have to say that Labrynth of Evil is the best. i've heard Shatterpoint is great, but havent read it yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.