Proof that Jedi are terrible generals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingDubya
Well, any thoughts on this?

truejedi
i agree, they don't make good generals, b/c they have a different code of ethics, and a different way of doing things. Doesn't make em bad, but someone else should have been in charge. Jedi make uber warriors...
(Kinda like U.S. troops, leave a man behind? never. i think their attack on that stadium would have been similar)

Tangible God
That is a very good saying.

Null ARC Avis
But we OWN.

Tangible God
Own what now?

Null ARC Avis
the US army is (most likely) the greatest army in the world, although are last war went kinda wrong.

Tangible God
It's technologically the greatest. And unless your talking about the current war, or Vietnam, alot of people are conflicted as to whether the first Gulf War was a success or not.

Null ARC Avis
current is bad and Vietnam was horrid. damn hippies. still we are awesome.

overlord
Those damn hippies, I hate it when people protest against war, I always protest against protestors!! Urgghh, it makes me soo mad... LET'S START A WAR!! A STAR WAR!!!!!

Captain REX
*Nixon's head's headshake*

Blububububuh! Get those damned hippy bums!

Anyways, the Jedi are crap Generals, mostly.

DE Luke
Exactly.The arena was a joke,you go there to save 2 Jedi and a Senator,you end up killing 100 Jedi.If it were me,I wouldve gave the order to raze that entire planet.So what?3 innocents dead,but it couldve been worse.There,I just prevented a war!

Razielim
Mace makes a speech about how Anakin is more important than everyone blah blah at the end of the book.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
But we OWN.

Considering that the American military is more then twice as strong as the second strongest army in the world, I'd have to agree.

Back on topic, are you telling me that Revan was a bad general?

Swirly Girl
Since when did this turn into jingoist central?

Captain REX
Anakin was pretty important to the Jedi Order, as was Kenobi. And Padme was pretty important to the Senate, in some ways.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Captain REX
Anakin was pretty important to the Jedi Order, as was Kenobi. And Padme was pretty important to the Senate, in some ways.

More important than trillions of ordinary people?

Captain REX
Somehow I don't think that the Jedi expected to be ****ed over so quickly. Mace seemed like he was going to take Jango out of the fight and then take on Dooku when he was in the box, but then the droids stepped in so he had to get out of there and it became a battle...

*shrug* I don't know, I'm making this up as I go.

Swirly Girl
Meh, why did Mace have to be honourable. He was in a position to sneak up on Dooku and kill him, take out Jango, then the other guards...

Captain REX
That's a path to the Dark Side. raver

Swirly Girl
Why? I don't see the code prohibiting the sneaking up on people and stabbing them. It's far less effort than walking up to Dooku and asking for a "straight" fight.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Cause most Jedi do not believe in cheap shotting people. It is one of their many flaws. Also I think they should have just blown the place to bits. So you lose 2 jedi, 1 senater and a bunch of enemies. But you prevent a galactic war. The jedi however underestimated the situation and what Mace was doing in shatterpoint was kicking himself for making that mistake. Also more proof that Jedi make bad Generals is how easily they can be killed by their own troops.

wee-ang
star wars sucks

overlord
!!!!!!

A.J
nice sig lol

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
. Also more proof that Jedi make bad Generals is how easily they can be killed by their own troops.

How do you figure that lessens their skills as generals? lol.

overlord
Originally posted by A.J
nice sig lol Thanks, I stole it!

Jonathan Mark
Jedi don't have the resolve or the will to do what needs to be done in war. That's why they ****ing suck as generals.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Back on topic, are you telling me that Revan was a bad general?
DP sorry...

I don't think you could consider Revan the premiere Jedi... the dude was ruthless in war. He never seemed to follow the Jedi ideals to the extent other Jedi did. I'm guessing that's because he was trained Kreia who apparently was a firm believer of the Gray Philosophy.

A.J
Originally posted by overlord
Thanks, I stole it! wink nice

wee-ang
star wars is shit they can lick my wet pusey.

KingDubya
Originally posted by wee-ang
If you're going to say something like that, then don't even post it. Just let it wander in that little pink blob that we like to call a brain.

Razielim
IMO, Revan was pretty much a Sith in the Mandalorian wars. He was damn cruel, but effective (Rakatan computer on Kashyyyk)

More important than trillions of ordinary people?

To Mace, yes. "Anakin Skywalker is the chosen one, more important than everybody else in the galaxy so its ok if every other Jedi in the galaxy dies, but as long as Anakin lives the Sith will be destroyed, blah blah, if we won the Clone Wars with a Baradium bomb on Geonosis we would have lost the Jedi's war blah blah blah *tree hugger Jedi nonsense*".

A.J
Originally posted by KingDubya
If you're going to say something like that, then don't even post it. Just let it wander in that little pink blob that we like to call a brain. sorry guys thats my gf she was a bit drunk lol, i told her off, i like start wars, why are theybad genarals

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Razielim
IMO, Revan was pretty much a Sith in the Mandalorian wars. He was damn cruel, but effective (Rakatan computer on Kashyyyk)
Yep Revan was ruthless, but by necessity so are all skilled generals.

Razielim
Which is the sad thing in War...

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Razielim
Which is the sad thing in War...
I swear in KOTOR II they tried to make the Mandalorian wars feel like something from Saving Private Ryan... or Full Metal Jacket.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by wee-ang

Maybe.....are you fine? naughty

A.J
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Maybe.....are you fine? naughty Oi thats my girlfreind dam it grrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad mad mad and yes she is but il be doing it later wink

henniestevens
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
But we OWN.

You guys only own cuz u have a bigger army and nuclear bombs and shit.
If u put 2000 regular US soldiers against regular 2000 Dutch soldiers.
I'm sure the Dutch soldiers will win. (something like this has been done in some kinda training). So don't be so proud of "your"country because when the numbers are even and there are no a-bombs involved u guys aint shit!! BTW George W. Bush and his clique suck a lot of dick...

Sesse
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark

I'm guessing that's because he was trained Kreia who apparently was a firm believer of the Gay Philosophy.

Sure. She was a manipulating hag.

Sesse
Originally posted by henniestevens
You guys only own cuz u have a bigger army and nuclear bombs and shit.
If u put 2000 regular US soldiers against regular 2000 Dutch soldiers.
I'm sure the Dutch soldiers will win. (something like this has been done in some kinda training).

You poor suckers...

1 finnish soldier is worth 10 russian soldiers. (And this has actually been tested in war) And 5 Russian soldiers are worth about 1 German soldier. And 1 german soldier with his friends armed with panzers can take over whole Europe, Africa and the former Soviet union.

overlord
Talk Star Wars or face the wrath of Ushgarak!!!
Seriously, I've never reported anyone but we've had these kind of conversations every time we talk about war. So let's just stick at Star Wars.

Darth Kreiger
Jedi are pretty good Generals, they give good moral to troops by fighting on the front (though don't know if that works with Clones?) and the Force gives them a big help, telling where to strike, where to put up defences
Reason US Army doesn't have a great recent Military record is because we pull out now thanks to the libs, we could have stopped these Terrorists early on if we only hadn't pulled out of Somalia, and other areas supported by terrorists, our troops have the best training, weaponry, and tactics, we could destroy anyone

Archangelysses
A general has to be able to make the choice that sends men to their deaths to be able to obtain the objective

The jedi could not do this.

Bad generals

simple

Archangelysses
A Jedi was a General that attempted to get the most optimistic outcome from the war. They wanted to win the fight not only on a physical level but also on a morality level.

They wanted to be able to have the worlds of the seccessionist movement see this.

I also believe that there was mention in some of the novelisations. I recall Dark Lord by Luceno had it. That Palpatine himself was part of this. THe republic had to appear to be morally right in its defense of its borders so to speak.

If this is the case, then it's Sidious being even more sly by tying the hands of those fighting for the republic in a way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.