Avalanche vs Pyro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
Fight takes place in Manhattan. Pyro is armed with his flame-thrower.

Who takes the majority?

grey fox
I'm going with avalanche , Pyro needs to concentrate to shape the fire. When you've got a 5.6 on the richter scale happening beneath your feet it becomes a wee bit difficult to focus.

He-guy88
Originally posted by grey fox
I'm going with avalanche , Pyro needs to concentrate to shape the fire. When you've got a 5.6 on the richter scale happening beneath your feet it becomes a wee bit difficult to focus.

im inclined to agree

LordKaos
If Pyro is smart, he'll run right into the seismic blast and it'll be redirected at Avalanche, shattering the bones in his arms. They have worked together enough for Pyro to know his weakness against organic matter. I doubt he would take that course of, so he'll probably be buried in earth and debris.

Lethal_Rise
Avalanche has the majority upperhand, pyro could win though.

bitca730
...if Pyro is immune to any fire he has under his control, is it possible for him to create "fire wings" or a giant bird that lifts him off the ground so he can attack from above?

Lethal_Rise
pyro's not talented enough to do that, but it's possible. avalance can affect ANY inorganic matter though. he could just break his flame throwers.

Lethal_Rise
After the Toad's Brotherhood collapsed, Mystique returned to lead the team. Avalanche remained loyal to Mystique, helping her in an attempted second assassination of Senator Kelly. This time, however, the Brotherhood were stopped by their former teammate Pyro, whose last act before the Legacy Virus killed him was to save Kelly's life, forcing the Senator to rethink his anti-mutant stance.

Pyro beat Avalanche AND Mystique before he died of legacy virus, which means he was even less powerful and still won. Pyro, Avalance, Toad, and Blob were all best friends at some point, so I don't really see how they would end up fighting.

rougeredmage
i see this as a Draw..

Avalance can not attack organic matterial..
while Pyro is exceptionaly hard to kill because he made a deal with a devil or soemthing

this comes down to AREA of Effect blasting each other usei ng secondary attacks..,ie exploding things... building falling on pyro

Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
After the Toad's Brotherhood collapsed, Mystique returned to lead the team. Avalanche remained loyal to Mystique, helping her in an attempted second assassination of Senator Kelly. This time, however, the Brotherhood were stopped by their former teammate Pyro, whose last act before the Legacy Virus killed him was to save Kelly's life, forcing the Senator to rethink his anti-mutant stance.

Pyro beat Avalanche AND Mystique before he died of legacy virus, which means he was even less powerful and still won. Pyro, Avalance, Toad, and Blob were all best friends at some point, so I don't really see how they would end up fighting.

you make some very interesting and fair points.. however cant we just blame someone like the shadowking for twisting there minds

Lethal_Rise
Is pyro back from the legacy virus death yet?

Lucid Lui
IMO, it's an even split here. Both characters are more than powerful enough to take the other down. Both characters are quite skilled in using their powers. And they both know each other's fighting style and how they think.

I'd be rooting for Pyro though.

Lethal_Rise
my root's on either side, I like them both the same. They both control something, but can't generate it, and like tearin schit up. Who wins the battle would probably be based on the enviornment, like rougeredmage said, and one would lose with something blowing up, or falling or something like that. Avalanche technically has the upperhand, b/c the ground everwhere, and fire's only on pyro's wrists.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by bitca730
...if Pyro is immune to any fire he has under his control, is it possible for him to create "fire wings" or a giant bird that lifts him off the ground so he can attack from above?

I don't think the fire wings would lift him off the ground, considering the fact that fire is just a chemical reaction and being immaterial, flapping the fire wings would provide no thrust.

Lethal_Rise
hmm...In the end, I think pyro would win this. (I like them both as much), although they were at one time partners in crime, so they would know about eachothers strengths and weaknesses.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't think the fire wings would lift him off the ground, considering the fact that fire is just a chemical reaction and being immaterial, flapping the fire wings would provide no thrust.

In comic world, Pyro basically solidifies his fire....So yes, he could create a bird and lift himself up....Ie: When he did that with Colossus.

Lethal_Rise
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
In comic world, Pyro basically solidifies his fire....So yes, he could create a bird and lift himself up....Ie: When he did that with Colossus. he's basically a fire-based, non-omega iceman.

bitca730
I'd go for Pyro...if he can get himself off thr ground or get Avalanche off the ground via giant flame bird, then I think he has good chances..

Lethal_Rise
I think Toad should be tossed into this battle just to have a trio, or be a distraction.

Kaos sebaceous
I think this would be a Stalemate
Pyro would know enough to get in front of Avalanches vibrations waves to break his arms
But on the other hand Pyro and Avalanche are best friends...or were best friends no so they should know eachothers weaknesses

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
I think this would be a Stalemate
Pyro would know enough to get in front of Avalanches vibrations waves to break his arms
But on the other hand Pyro and Avalanche are best friends...or were best friends no so they should know eachothers weaknesses I dont see this being a stalemate at all. Avalanche wont stick his arms out so that Pyro can get in front of the vibrations, he should just stick his hands to the ground and open a chasm in the ground and send Pyro to the center of the earth

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
I dont see this being a stalemate at all. Avalanche wont stick his arms out so that Pyro can get in front of the vibrations, he should just stick his hands to the ground and open a chasm in the ground and send Pyro to the center of the earth Avalanches powers arent controlling earth its creating vibrations that liquify the ground

I dont see him making a huge hole and sending Pyro to the center of the earth

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
Avalanches powers arent controlling earth its creating vibrations that liquify the ground

I dont see him making a huge hole and sending Pyro to the center of the earth He should be able to open up the ground with vibrations no expression

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
He should be able to open up the ground with vibrations no expression How?

Avalanche can cause earthquakes and can liquify the earth to make it move like a tidal wave and ride on it to get places faster

But he has never opened up the earth

And if he could what makes you think his vibrations are strong enough to reach the earths core

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
pyro's not talented enough to do that, but it's possible. avalance can affect ANY inorganic matter though. he could just break his flame throwers.

Wouldent work

Pyros flame thrower tank is on his back

Avalanche would have to send the vibrations through Pyros body

CasanoVa
Pretty much an even split, depends who's quicker on the draw really.

Both of them are experienced (reasonably so) enough to dispatch the other if the opportunity presents itself. To be honest I'd see the eensy teensy majority going to Pyro though, just because I think he'd be quicker off the mark.

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Pretty much an even split, depends who's quicker on the draw really.

Both of them are experienced (reasonably so) enough to dispatch the other if the opportunity presents itself. To be honest I'd see the eensy teensy majority going to Pyro though, just because I think he'd be quicker off the mark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.