Who is the most powerful being ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thisredbox
I'm new here...but lets see how this goes (i know its kind of a vague q, but have fun with it):

If you had to pick any one being/entity/cosmic/etc. from either the marvel or d.c. universe as the most "powerful" (whatever that means to you), who would it be and why? sorry if this has been done before... smile

He-guy88
namor and aquaman no thats a joke so u can laugh now (i do like though)

not sure

branhole
id pick thanos with the hotu.

magneto1992
Well from Marvel will be of course magneto, for DC superman And for movies Dark Vader, because from what I know he is the only been feared in more that one planet mad

General Kon-El
Wolverine w/Cosmic Cube, Waters of Life, Gem of Cytorrak, Mind Gem, and Space Gem is.

branhole
thanos with the hotu defeated living tribunal, the person everyone says is on specter level and he was basically omioptent, he destroyed everything except adam warlock who was in a differrent realm,and adam convinced him to give up his powers. if thats not power i dont know what is. he wasnt even shown to have a challenge.

Comicbook_kid
God

thisredbox
hmm..ok, what about without anythign like the IG, Cube, etc...just the actual character?

Cosmic Cube
The Phoenix Force is at or near the top in Marvel.

branhole
mmm.................................................

toaa

Cosmic Cube
I've never actually seen TOAA in a storyline. Is he in the HOTU saga?

If TOAA is at the top, I'm pretty sure Phoenix is no lower than second.

JOE NUNEZ
Robin..

He-guy88
i say god dont he exist in both??

Avalonofthewind
Pre-retcon beyonder. The guy owned the multiverse with ease.

diabloman
darth vader

thisredbox
this might sound like a n00b q but...the pressence and TOAA are the "gods" of marvel and dc correct? have either of the two shown any feats that would make one superior to the other?

RogerRamjet
The Beyonder, kids! smokin'

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Pre-retcon beyonder. The guy owned the multiverse with ease.
Good point.

Mider
there are alot of multiverses though we'd have to take into account, DC, MU, even crossgen says they have there own multiverse, and other multiverses from other universes, i could argue that spawns supreme being is probably stronger then the MU cause spawn wasnt even close to him yet was uber powerful probably up there with the uber beings in the DCU if he ever went to the DCU.

Validus
World's Funnest Mxy & Bat-mite big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mider
there are alot of multiverses though we'd have to take into account, DC, MU, even crossgen says they have there own multiverse, and other multiverses from other universes, i could argue that spawns supreme being is probably stronger then the MU cause spawn wasnt even close to him yet was uber powerful probably up there with the uber beings in the DCU if he ever went to the DCU.

Does DC really have a multiverse? I never heard them refer to anything larger than a universe.

I always thought it was Marvel Universe and DC Universe in the same multiverse.

Uber-comic-book-quasi-psuedo-physics is confusing.

bherrle
The Presence

Cosmic Cube
In the Lucifer comics, the Presence says he Micheal and Lucifer created the universe. He didn't say anything about a multiverse.

Validus
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Does DC really have a multiverse? I never heard them refer to anything larger than a universe.

I always thought it was Marvel Universe and DC Universe in the same multiverse.

Uber-comic-book-quasi-psuedo-physics is confusing.
DC had hypertime which is for all intents and purposes the same thing. I think Wildstorm is viewed as another universe since the whole deal with Majestic and Superman and now Captain Atom.

diabloman
captain J hook

Lethal_Rise
magneto or graviton.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Validus
DC had hypertime which is for all intents and purposes the same thing. I think Wildstorm is viewed as another universe since the whole deal with Majestic and Superman and now Captain Atom.

So, is the Presence God of the DCU or the Wildstorm U? Or both?

badabing
My vote.

Validus
So, is the Presence God of the DCU or the Wildstorm U? Or both?
Well I can't say for sure about Wildstorm since the specifics are iffy but The Presence has been acknowledged in the DCU.

bherrle
Tell me that isn't Jesus?

badabing
Originally posted by bherrle
Tell me that isn't Jesus?
Yes it is. He's beating the Olympus gods.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by badabing
My vote. Dude what comic is that.

Big Sexy
Yes it is. He's beating the Olympus gods. What comic is that Bro

bherrle
"Yes it is. He's beating the Olympus gods.".

Wow... that's... kind of offensive to me, since I am Catholic. BUT, I suppose it would be unfair of me to insist that comic writers leave Christ alone, wouldn't it?

Lethal_Rise
Sentry (green lantern)

Avalonofthewind
Good point.

Should we include god?

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6945/66mv.th.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1455/78ei.th.jpg

bherrle
^^^ now THAT'S offensive^^^

thisredbox
wasnt the beyonder his own dimension at one point?

Validus
Should we include god?

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1455/78ei.th.jpg
Ah yes, thats the same comic where the Devil kicked God in the balls.

branhole
My vote.

what comic is that. is that marvel or what is it.

branhole
My vote.

is that in dc.

Lethal_Rise
SOCK (saint of crazy killers)

Validus
Originally posted by branhole
is that in dc.
No, thats Image. Home of lame comics.

badabing
Originally posted by Big Sexy
What comic is that Bro
This is the only link with a brief description and pics.
http://www.stjeromeslibrary.com/library/?p=499

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Validus
No, thats Image. Home of lame comics. Amen to that.

Avalonofthewind
Amen to that.

Agreed. I guess God did get the last laugh on them. wink

branhole
what thing was jesus in.

thisredbox
hmm..what about royal joker? not compared to the likes of TOAA or the pressence..but still...

branhole
joker shouldnt get that much of a powerup, but thats dc for ya.

Avalonofthewind
In Marvel, Items that turn you into God Jr. are laying around all over the place.

Want to take over the universe? Simply go to your nearest KFC, It's in the 11 secret herbs and spices. Assemble them and you too can beat the Living Tribunal.

branhole
ya but joker.

Mider
strongest guy ive ever seen in comics is probably the classic beyonder

Xplosive
Phoenix and Thanos with Heart hof the Universe.

Milkie
Static Shock

Laminator_X
jplatinum

Milkie
WHO

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by thisredbox
I'm new here...but lets see how this goes (i know its kind of a vague q, but have fun with it):

If you had to pick any one being/entity/cosmic/etc. from either the marvel or d.c. universe as the most "powerful" (whatever that means to you), who would it be and why? sorry if this has been done before... smile

TOAA/Presence
Pre-Recton Beyonder
LT
Great Evil Beast

Not in order though..

grey fox
Kirbilacticus

Juntai
Dumb thread.

MattDay
hay god at home in comics isnt he, they are all fictional characters anyway, god is as ficional as superman, iconic and revered but not real... like someone said aint the world f*cked up!

bherrle
whatever you say Matt...

Mr Master
Most powerful being ever is between:

Classic Beyonder - Could have erased the Multiverse anytime he wished, the hierarchy of Marvel didn't even bother attempting to stop him.

I would put Phoenix Force on par with him, but he was obviously more powerful than it, since it did exist in Beyonder's prime, and at that time Beyonder was the most powerful being in all existence.(Marvel)Molecule Man was the second, so he also was more powerful than the Phoenix Force. This status lasted from 1984 - to late 86', when he and Molecule Man were finally retconned.

Thanos with the Heart of the Infinite

He absorbed all the abstracts, including Living Tribunal and anyone else that challenged him, besides erasing nearly all existence. It also seems that the HOTU was trully the ultimate power achievable in Marvel. I'll repeat, SEEMED!

Now perhaps Phoenix was upgraded, cause in the latter years of Marvel, they made her restructure the 616 universe in her hands atom by atom.(Very impressive)and she also contained the M'Kraan Crystal from from destroying all existence in Marvel, with the help of some X-Men, but she deserves the majority of the credit, still I wonder if that feat would have been possible without those X-Men.

Mr Master
DC/Vertigo

Everyone knows it's the supreme being

Elaine Belloc, Michael's sister

Wonder Man
The Beyonder. That ends that discussion.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Wonder Man
The Beyonder. That ends that discussion.

Are you being funny or do you agree?

cheap cabbage
Action comics #1 Superman. He is the granddaddy of them all. Every comic owes their existence to him. He can threaten to kill himeself and wipe out everything.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Mr Master

Classic Beyonder - Could have erased the Multiverse anytime he wished, the hierarchy of Marvel didn't even bother attempting to stop him.

I would put Phoenix Force on par with him, but he was obviously more powerful than it, since it did exist in Beyonder's prime, and at that time Beyonder was the most powerful being in all existence.(Marvel)Molecule Man was the second, so he also was more powerful than the Phoenix Force. This status lasted from 1984 - to late 86', when he and Molecule Man were finally retconned.

He absorbed all the abstracts, including Living Tribunal and anyone else that challenged him, besides erasing nearly all existence. It also seems that the HOTU was trully the ultimate power achievable in Marvel. I'll repeat, SEEMED!

Now perhaps Phoenix was upgraded, cause in the latter years of Marvel, they made her restructure the 616 universe in her hands atom by atom.(Very impressive)and she also contained the M'Kraan Crystal from from destroying all existence in Marvel, with the help of some X-Men, but she deserves the majority of the credit, still I wonder if that feat would have been possible without those X-Men.

does this mean u r saying galactius would go down to Molecule Man?
i have stated that and was laughed out of the fourm

Grimm22
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Wolverine w/Cosmic Cube, Waters of Life, Gem of Cytorrak, Mind Gem, and Space Gem is.

Why Wolverine confused

Seriously give that crap to the Silver Surfer or Thanos. wink

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Mr Master

Now perhaps Phoenix was upgraded, cause in the latter years of Marvel, they made her restructure the 616 universe in her hands atom by atom.(Very impressive)and she also contained the M'Kraan Crystal from from destroying all existence in Marvel, with the help of some X-Men, but she deserves the majority of the credit, still I wonder if that feat would have been possible without those X-Men. The Beyonder was retconned, so I'm not sure she counts for much. I pretty much agree with you about Thanos with HOTU.

The Phoenix Force (not its Avatars) is in a balance of power between Eternity, Infinity, and Galactus. At full power, its hard to say which of these four are above the others. Living Tribunal, however, is clearly above them all.

BobbyD
TOAA and The Presence, who are both one and the same being.

magneto1992
ok how about captain underwear smile

hulk=strength
Should we include god?

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1455/78ei.th.jpg i couldnt bring myself to read those cause it goes way to far disgust

hulk=strength
captain uni hulk or captain uni gladiator hulk stronger but glads is faster but less durable an still has little self confidence at times

hulk=strength
Originally posted by hulk=strength
captain uni hulk or captain uni gladiator hulk stronger but glads is faster but less durable an still has little self confidence at times u knew it was comin u should have prepared

magneto1992
what about apocalypse?

Mr Master
Originally posted by He-guy88
does this mean u r saying galactius would go down to Molecule Man?
i have stated that and was laughed out of the fourm

If pre-retcon Molecule Man wanted to not just put down but wipe out from existence Galactus, then he could have, I say that with confidence.

Galactus was an insect to pre-retcon Molecule Man, just like he was LESS than an insect to pre-retcon Beyonder.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Acrosurge
The Beyonder was retconned, so I'm not sure she counts for much. I pretty much agree with you about Thanos with HOTU.

The Phoenix Force (not its Avatars) is in a balance of power between Eternity, Infinity, and Galactus. At full power, its hard to say which of these four are above the others. Living Tribunal, however, is clearly above them all.

Which is exactly why I specified Pre-Retconned Beyonder or Classic Beyonder, which ever you prefer.

In any case imho, Classic Beyonder was trully the most powerful there has ever been in comics, for so many reasons.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Acrosurge

I believe the Phoenix Force is above Living Tribunal, though I won't classify that as a fact. This opinion is based on feats.

Just think the Phoenix Force is the nexus of all psionic energy which does, has, and ever will, exist in all realities of the marvel multiverse.

willRules
Originally posted by MattDay
hay god at home in comics isnt he, they are all fictional characters anyway, god is as ficional as superman, iconic and revered but not real... like someone said aint the world f*cked up!

Must resist............ urge to............. spark off religious debate..........

IMO most powerful cosmic being? TOAA

Grimm22
Originally posted by MattDay

Explain to me though, how does anything exist? wink

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22
Explain to me though, how does anything exist? wink

laughing

Y'know its a shame this guy doesn't believe in God, cos I believe this guy exists, and funny enough, God also believes this guy exists big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

Y'know its a shame this guy doesn't believe in God, cos I believe this guy exists, and funny enough, God also believes this guy exists big grin

Yep, now back to the topic.

Im going to go out on a loop here and say....

A being composed of the combined powers of Batman, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, and Gladiator.

With their jobber auro combined, they make captain planet big grin

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22
Yep, now back to the topic.

Im going to go out on a loop here and say....

A being composed of the combined powers of Batman, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, and Gladiator.

With their jobber auro combined, they make captain planet big grin

I remember reading comics from back in the good old fashioned days when the most powerful beings were people like Silver Surfer or Xavier...........I miss that............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.