The Black Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
I was just reminiscing on Season 2, and I remember when Eko stared down that black gaseous ball. What the **** was that?

rickyduck
Called smoke, ppl believe its Ceberus

Master Fox
It'll probably appear next season.

SlickRick69
don't you think the electromagnetic pulse discharge might have disabled the black 'smoke' cloud?

or something??

rickyduck
Nah, the button wasnt mispressed that many times,

FunkMaster Flex
Well, when Eko stared it down, he seemed to do it with confidence, and perhaps even know what it was. Maybe it was something spiritual, or something that he witnessed in Africa.

SlickRick69
maybe because Ecko is black too

maybe the black cloud is racially-motivated

so eventually, it will be Ecko, Rose, Michael, Walt, Miss Clu and Cloudie vs all the rest of the White Losties (let's call them The Others) in a battle for Ultimate Power and Control of the Unvierse!!!

ya!!

heh

Solo
Originally posted by rickyduck
Called smoke
Smoke occasionally chases people right?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by FlexMaster Funk
Well, when Eko stared it down, he seemed to do it with confidence, and perhaps even know what it was. Maybe it was something spiritual, or something that he witnessed in Africa.

That might not be so strange - Locke had his encounter with it, and he has (had) his own kind of Spirituality.

Though it killed the pilot... I still wonder why.

SlickRick69
the pilot was obviously not the most spiritual person, eh?

obviously, not, being more willing to trust in the sciences that make jets fly, vs spirtuality and such

so, the smoke monster got him

oh, also, the pilot was white, so the black smoke hates him

rickyduck
Originally posted by SlickRick69

obviously, not, being more willing to trust in the sciences that make jets fly, vs spirtuality and such

The last bit wasnt funny at all........
The smoke would've killed Locke, or at least captured him, if it could...

SlickRick69
I know it's not funny... racism is a serious issue, and when LOST really kicks into gear to examine this hot-button topic, look out!

once Ecko and Clu and Rose and Michael and Walt (and maybe Hurley, as he is also a minority Dude!) team up against the other Losties, with the smoke monster as the leader of the Black Pack, they will be a powerful force to be reckoned with, anarchy and chaos will consume the island, and everything we think we know about Lost and the Losties, will be changed again... Forever!!

sexyking
Originally posted by SlickRick69
I know it's not funny... racism is a serious issue, and when LOST really kicks into gear to examine this hot-button topic, look out!

once Ecko and Clu and Rose and Michael and Walt (and maybe Hurley, as he is also a minority Dude!) team up against the other Losties, with the smoke monster as the leader of the Black Pack, they will be a powerful force to be reckoned with, anarchy and chaos will consume the island, and everything we think we know about Lost and the Losties, will be changed again... Forever!!

What are you on i want to call you stupid but i find it irrelevant.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by rickyduck
The smoke would've killed Locke, or at least captured him, if it could...

Well Locke was convinced he would be safe with it. And it could have killed him twice with little trouble. It seemed interested in him, I wonder where it was taking him. What is in it's lair. Anyway, seems to be a shared feature between Ecko and Locke. Maybe it is not so much their spirituality - because they have different types, but something they saw in the smoke.

ilvorlandobloom
Originally posted by crAZRick

then the monster should've gotten jack by now.....jack the "man of science".......and he's white too lol

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~

Didn't images appear in the smoke? I think you can see it is you play it back slowly (not that I've done that, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere). They were things to do with Eko, can't remember what though.

(This has probably already been mentioned somewhere but nevermind).

cain marko
Originally posted by cain marko
i think, if you refer back to ep 10 of series two (i think) the camera panned into it and there were images of things. i dunno if this is called cerberus because it has something to do with the cerebral (sp?) parts of a person. which might explain why the others know so much i mean if the 'security device can read peoples mind ,if you will, then it will know they're pasts and possibly use this information to confuse them, like jack seeing his dad and other visions. the visions if it isn't clear from what i have said already may be projections from the 'black cloud'

just a thought

Leggy_n_Merry
Oooh yes. Why thank you for pointing that out!

~Flamboyant~
IT REAPPEARED TONIGHT! And kicked Eko's ass. sad

Dessel
It seems that the motive behind it killing Ecko was because he wouldn't confess.

jaden101
Originally posted by Dessel
It seems that the motive behind it killing Ecko was because he wouldn't confess.

no...it was because the guy who plays ecko wanted out so they had to find some way to kill him off...

Dessel
Now that's what you would call an out of story explanation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.