the JLA vs Alpha Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
The teams:

JLA
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Flash
Batman
Aquaman

Alpha Flight
Guardian
Vindicator
Sasquatch
Northstar
Aurora
Puck
Snowbird
Shaman
Marrina

Stipulations:
*fight takes place on an empty earth with the survival of the planet required for either side to win
*bloodlust for both teams
*both teams get their standard equipment
*Alpha Flight gets a 24 hours of prep time and the JLA gets none
*no memeber of either team may exceed mach 5
*teams start out 100 miles apart

Who wins?

Grimm22
Oh this may be the closest match ever big grin

Seriously, with 24 hours of prep, Guardian can do a TON!

Of course, JLA is easily more powerful than Alpha Flight erm

Its WAY to close to call

TheKahn
Anyone else? confused

King_Mungi
They get 24 hours of prep? yesh, gotta give it to Alpha Flight then. Shaman can create anything and with them that far apart he could send them all instantly into the Void. Guardian can put up telepathic blocks protecting his teammates from any tp attacks.

Puck can take out Batman, and since they are only allowed to go mach 5 that gives AF a major advantage. Giving Shaman Guardian, and even Sasquatch as he is a super genius prep is deadly.

TheKahn
Originally posted by King_Mungi
They get 24 hours of prep? yesh, gotta give it to Alpha Flight then. Shaman can create anything and with them that far apart he could send them all instantly into the Void. Guardian can put up telepathic blocks protecting his teammates from any tp attacks.

Puck can take out Batman, and since they are only allowed to go mach 5 that gives AF a major advantage. Giving Shaman Guardian, and even Sasquatch as he is a super genius prep is deadly.

I didn't know the JLA were such pushovers...shifty

Validus
I see Mungi's game. He chooses to rep a team almost nobody knows about so they don't feel confident enough to debate against them.

Sly game Mr. Mungi. Very sly.

King_Mungi
Flash can steal several speedsters speed adding to his or his teamates, but Aurora has turned out to be more than just speed. Green Lantern would be a huge obstacle to overcome, but limiting their speed really helps out AF in this battle.

Also is this Vindicator with her geothermal suit or EM suit?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
I see Mungi's game. He chooses to rep a team almost nobody knows about so they don't feel confident enough to debate against them.

Almost nobody?..... mad DAMN! I was hoping no one knows about them! big grin

TheKahn
Flash can steal several speedsters speed adding to his or his teamates, but Aurora has turned out to be more than just speed. Green Lantern would be a huge obstacle to overcome, but limiting their speed really helps out AF in this battle.

Also is this Vindicator with her geothermal suit or EM suit?

How the hell should I know??? stick out tongue
Let's say geothermal.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TheKahn
How the hell should I know??? stick out tongue
Let's say geothermal.

Well her E-M suit would be more effective in this fight as her geothermal would do crap all to the JLA other than Batman unless he has his anti-magma spray confused

TheKahn
Well her E-M suit would be more effective in this fight as her geothermal would do crap all to the JLA other than Batman unless he has his anti-magma spray confused

Who cares? wink It doesn't seem like anybody is even attempting to put up a fight in the JLA's favor. confused

Validus
Who cares? wink It doesn't seem like anybody is even attempting to put up a fight in the JLA's favor. confused
It's because we can't. miffed

King_Mungi

Well if people put up a fight I'll actually put up a more detailed arguement. I guess I really did prove AF is uber confused

TheKahn
It's because we can't. miffed

Come on. Somebody out there has to think the Batgod can beat Alpha Flight by himself!

Mr. Universe
The entire AF gets speedblitzed in 0.0000000001 seconds.

Grimm22
Its pretty much because 24 hours of prep gives AF a HUGE advantage big grin

Warmonger

LoL. Why do you think I stay out of Alpha Flight threads? I would actually have to read an AF comic and thats a sacrifice I'm not willing to make.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Grimm22

Fair enough. Alpha Flight now gets 30 minutes of prep. Now who wins?

He-guy88
Originally posted by Warmonger
LoL. Why do you think I stay out of Alpha Flight threads? I would actually have to read an AF comic and thats a sacrifice I'm not willing to make.

man u just burn'ed all who read af comics so thats like a major BURN

Warmonger
Don't worry about it Mungi will be hear soon to smack me around.

Grimm22
Fair enough. Alpha Flight now gets 30 minutes of prep. Now who wins?

JLA easy wink

Warmonger
But really think about it how often do AF characters appear out of AF comics? No one really knows anything about AF except what Mungi says and my experince debating with Mungi shows me that his recollection can be little... colored.

TheKahn
JLA easy wink

Care to explain how.... stick out tongue

Grimm22
Care to explain how.... stick out tongue

With only 30 minutes, AF cant do much to prepare for a threat as big as the JLA.

Sure they might be able to prep up some of their powerful gear and what not, but they cant exactly analyze the JLA and their weaknesses and use them against them wink

Warmonger
In order to even it up. Why don't you either A: Take out Shaman or B: Add Dr. Fate

He-guy88
war

TheKahn
In order to even it up. Why don't you either A: Take out Shaman or B: Add Dr. Fate

I'll give it a little longer, and if there still isn't anyone who thinks the JLA can win then I might have to do that.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
The entire AF gets speedblitzed in 0.0000000001 seconds.

Read the first post.

and speed limitation

Bastard :P

Don't worry about it Mungi will be hear soon to smack me around.

Nope don't care :P Like I said I only just got into Alpha Flight I was in your boat not to long ago.

But really think about it how often do AF characters appear out of AF comics? No one really knows anything about AF except what Mungi says and my experince debating with Mungi shows me that his recollection can be little... colored.

Actually quite a lot and this isn't all of them
http://www.geocities.com/rplass/afcollector/alpha.htm#XMMV20012

Well this is one of the times I need recollection on what are you talking about. Everything I say I back up with facts, and I post entire issues in the respect thead, see and read it for yourself.

With only 30 minutes, AF cant do much to prepare for a threat as big as the JLA.

Sure they might be able to prep up some of their powerful gear and what not, but they cant exactly analyze the JLA and their weaknesses and use them against them wink

All Shaman has to do is send them all to the Void and they instantly lose their minds.

Actually they can, Shaman can call forth the spirits and cast the spell compelling vision just like what Talisman did: "When Talisman sends out this spell, those who she wishes to aid her have visions of their mission and knowledge on how to complete it. In conjunction, the Spirit of the Wind guides them to the location of their mission." such as a persons strength and weaknesses.

Warmonger
Like I said no one is really in a position to argue with against AF unless they have been reading the book.

King_Mungi
Like I said no one is really in a position to argue with against AF unless they have been reading the book.

Oh I thought you meant I make all my statements up, because everything I have said I can provide scans and issue numbers for each.

AF highest showing which we go by on this board, make them very deadly and I try to convey that through the respect thread for those who don't know them.

Grimm22
Read the first post.

and speed limitation

Bastard :P

Nope don't care :P Like I said I only just got into Alpha Flight I was in your boat not to long ago.

Actually quite a lot and this isn't all of them
http://www.geocities.com/rplass/afcollector/alpha.htm#XMMV20012

Well this is one of the times I need recollection on what are you talking about. Everything I say I back up with facts, and I post entire issues in the respect thead, see and read it for yourself.

All Shaman has to do is send them all to the Void and they instantly lose their minds.

Actually they can, Shaman can call forth the spirits and cast the spell compelling vision just like what Talisman did: "When Talisman sends out this spell, those who she wishes to aid her have visions of their mission and knowledge on how to complete it. In conjunction, the Spirit of the Wind guides them to the location of their mission." such as a persons strength and weaknesses.

Touche' stick out tongue

TheKahn
All right, add Dr. Fate to the JLA roster and they get 5 minutes of prep. Now do we have a fight?

Warmonger
No you do back up your statements its just you sometimes have a tendancy to scew events.

Rember that Juggernaut, Sasquash thread?
Or how you keep calling that Sorcerer from Exiles, Dr.Strange Level?
Or that argument we had about the events of the Hulk/ T-Bird fight in Exiles?
Or when you talk about Aurora beign able to rearange molecules when the one feat she showed of it didn't really look like what you were saying it was?
Or the Sabertooth/ Wildchild fight where you said Wild Child was abetter fighter than Saberooth?

Warmonger
I'm surprised someone hasn't come in and said that WW uses her Godwave and destroys everyone or Flash keeps steling their momentum so they can't move while Superman beats them into the ground or some thing. Man where are JLAKMC or whatever they call themselves.

King_Mungi
No you do back up your statements its just you sometimes have a tendancy to scew events.

Rember that Juggernaut, Sasquash thread?
Or how you keep calling that Sorcerer from Exiles, Dr.Strange Level?
Or that argument we had about the events of the Hulk/ T-Bird fight in Exiles?
Or when you talk about Aurora beign able to rearange molecules when the one feat she showed of it didn't really look like what you were saying it was?
Or the Sabertooth/ Wildchild fight where you said Wild Child was abetter fighter than Saberooth?

-No, what did I say there?
-Kulan Gath is
-Basically you don't believe the fact that Shaman says he is going to do a daylight spell and then shortly after pulls out a glowing rock from his pouch, what on earth do you think it was?
-Read the mutliple handbook entries of Aurora which state "After the genetic modifications from Weapon X, Aurora could accelerate the molecules within an object by touch, causing the target to tear itself apart from the subsequent stress generated upon it. " and I never said she rearranged molcules
-No I said not to underestimate Wild Child, which he was being done in the thread. Non-jobbing Wild Child has been trained by the best in the world and has gone toe to toe with the elite martial artists.

TheKahn
I'm surprised someone hasn't come in and said that WW uses her Godwave and destroys everyone
planet has to be intact at the end of the fight

or Flash keeps steling their momentum so they can't move while Superman beats them into the ground or some thing.

that is certainly a viable strategy

Man where are JLAKMC or whatever they call themselves.
they are but a shell of their former selves evil face

King_Mungi
I'm surprised someone hasn't come in and said that WW uses her Godwave and destroys everyone or Flash keeps steling their momentum so they can't move while Superman beats them into the ground or some thing. Man where are JLAKMC or whatever they call themselves.

I mentioned Flash stealing their momentum, and yes she can use it just with the prep and the speed limitations it hindered her from doing it.

Warmonger
-No, what did I say there?
-Kulan Gath is
-Basically you don't believe the fact that Shaman says he is going to do a daylight spell and then shortly after pulls out a glowing rock from his pouch, what on earth do you think it was?
-Read the mutliple handbook entries of Aurora which state "After the genetic modifications from Weapon X, Aurora could accelerate the molecules within an object by touch, causing the target to tear itself apart from the subsequent stress generated upon it. " and I never said she rearranged molcules
-No I said not to underestimate Wild Child, which he was being done in the thread. Non-jobbing Wild Child has been trained by the best in the world and has gone toe to toe with the elite martial artists.

-You were saying that Sas was beating him down before Mac told hims to stop but I pointed out he only beat him down after Cain surrendered and before that he was fending off all three of them.
-Debatable, very debatable. The man's spell only controleed Manhatten and Ghost Rider was a better sorcere than he was.
-I'm not talking about hand books. I'm talking about an actual use of the power. You said Aurora could make Hulk explode but the only feat she has with it doesn't indicate that at all.
-As for that one even though its the most recent its the one I remeber least of all.

The point is that I can't take the AF respect thread for what its worth cause I don't reall know what happened and I know I have often dissagreed with your interpretation.

King_Mungi
-You were saying that Sas was beating him down before Mac told hims to stop but I pointed out he only beat him down after Cain surrendered and before that he was fending off all three of them.
-Debatable, very debatable. The man's spell only controleed Manhatten and Ghost Rider was a better sorcere than he was.
-I'm not talking about hand books. I'm talking about an actual use of the power. You said Aurora could make Hulk explode but the only feat she has with it doesn't indicate that at all.
-As for that one even though its the most recent its the one I remeber least of all.

The point is that I can't take the AF respect thread for what its worth cause I don't reall know what happened and I know I have often dissagreed with your interpretation.

-That's incorrect though, Juggernaut was tackled through a house and Sasquatch started to punch him and then Mac told him to stop and Jugs hit him and then he dealt with Alpha Flight till Sas returned and attacked Jugz who gave up. If you want to play that game you made comments that were wrong saying Guardian was Sasquatch and not knowing what they actually could do with their powers.
-He never tried for the world, it was his amulet alone that caused the spell to transform Manhatten which was an insanely powerful spell. No that was Zarathos, as stated and he was better because he stole Gath's amulet after Kulan summoned him.
-NO I DIDN'T! I even made several comments in that exact thread you guys wern't reading what I was writing and saying things I never stated. You also claimed Aurora couldn't use her light on Hulk to calm and weaken him yet Dazzler did the exact same thing to him. I commented several times Aurora is not matter manipulation such as rearranging molecules she speeds them up and they tear apart from the stress.

Uhhhh...I post entire issues as I have said and I have disagreed with your interpretation does that mean yours is right? I even posted an entire issue once again in the thread. Unlike most respect threads I post the feats in their entirety.

Avalonofthewind
The teams:

JLA
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Flash
Batman
Aquaman

Alpha Flight
Guardian
Vindicator
Sasquatch
Northstar
Aurora
Puck
Snowbird
Shaman
Marrina

Stipulations:
*fight takes place on an empty earth with the survival of the planet required for either side to win

Who wins?

Flash speeds up Batman so that Batgod can come up with a plan in nanoseconds which is then telepathically downloaded to the rest of the team.

All share their willpower with GL, who in turn shuts off ALL of Alpha flights abilities and puts them in a deep sleep.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Flash speeds up Batman so that Batgod can come up with a plan in nanoseconds which is then telepathically downloaded to the rest of the team.

All share their willpower with GL, who in turn shuts off ALL of Alpha flights abilities and puts them in a deep sleep.

Now that's what I'm talking about! eek!
Thanks Avalon. wink

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

That works.

inamilist
The speed restriction is a huge disadvantage...

I still think it works out 50/50 with Fate and less prep

If the JLA could move as fast as they normally can I don't see a lot of hope for the Alphans....

cheap cabbage
The teams:

JLA
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Flash
Batman
Aquaman

Alpha Flight
Guardian
Vindicator
Sasquatch
Northstar
Aurora
Puck
Snowbird
Shaman
Marrina

Stipulations:

Who wins?

So you deliberately handicap everything that makes the JLA combat effective. All you have done is prove that Alpha Flight stands absolutely no chance against the JLA. Have alpha flight hold a gun to Lois's head and see how long they last.

TheKahn
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
So you deliberately handicap everything that makes the JLA combat effective. All you have done is prove that Alpha Flight stands absolutely no chance against the JLA. Have alpha flight hold a gun to Lois's head and see how long they last.

What the f**k?

I don't think anyone would argue that Alpha Flight would last 5 seconds against the JLA sans some type of handicap. The point of this thread was to A) make a interesting (read: even) match and B) to actually address the speed advantage that top level DC characters have over most Marvel characters.

inamilist
What the f**k?

I don't think anyone would argue that Alpha Flight would last 5 seconds against the JLA sans some type of handicap. The point of this thread was to A) make a interesting (read: even) match and B) to actually address the speed advantage that top level DC characters have over most Marvel characters.

:nod:

Its not easy to do a good Marvel vs DC thread, without getting into some of the more obscure Marvel's.

ExodusCloak
What the f**k?

Don't forget the Heightened Reflex advantage, without that Super Speed is useless.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Don't forget the Heightened Reflex advantage, without that Super Speed is useless.

Well some members of Alpha Flight have insane reflexes as well. Ideally with no stipulations, the JLA would destroy Alpha Flight via speedblitz, but the rooster used in this thread doesn't have Alpha Flight's strongest members

Depending on the time span, Shaman could always freeze time
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/scan0014.jpg

ExodusCloak
Well some members of Alpha Flight have insane reflexes as well. Ideally with no stipulations, the JLA would destroy Alpha Flight via speedblitz, but the rooster used in this thread doesn't have Alpha Flight's strongest members

Depending on the time span, Shaman could always freeze time
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/scan0014.jpg

big grin lol, I was addressing the Super Reflex advantage most DC characters have over most Marvel characters.
The power levels of the Alpha Flight are just so insane. What were they doing during the Onslaught Saga?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
big grin lol, I was addressing the Super Reflex advantage most DC characters have over most Marvel characters.
The power levels of the Alpha Flight are just so insane. What were they doing during the Onslaught Saga?

Oh yeah that I agree with that, Flash and GL are one of my favorite characters and have followed them faithfully for years.

It would be bad if AF came in and handled him, but this is what happened when they did step in...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/onslaught.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.