Biggest Movie of 2006 - Superman Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UWHusky
The release date for Superman Returns got moved from Friday the 30th to Wednesday June 28. I think this means that there is that much more time for it break opening weekend records!

Also, the movie itself looks great! especially the trailers where they use Marlon Brando's voice

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The trailers look fantastic. I think it'll be a fun movie.

Let's not delete this just because there is a Superman Forum. I've been in there, and it's just full of fan-boys and geeks. Why not leave a thread here so normal people can discuss the movie?

Solo
I didn't think much of the trailers.

Wolfie
I don't think much of Superman. Yet I still lose respect for it after watching previews to this.

C-Dic
I never was a big fan of the originals, and I thought Reeve was overrated as hell, but I'll see this one out of curosity, even though I thought Tom Welling was always a shoe in for the main role.l

Nevermind
Originally posted by C-Dic
even though I thought Tom Welling was always a shoe in for the main role.l

Tom's great for a younger Clark, I don't think he'd be good as an older Clark as of yet. He still looks too young.

AstroFan
He is older than Routh. laughing out loud

Nevermind
Originally posted by AstroFan
He is older than Routh. laughing out loud

I know. That's why I said looks.

froglegcutlet
I am so stoked this movie is coming out. It has new story line and everything. Happy Dance I love these types of movies, it makes my trip to the movies worthwhile.

jon84
I am really looking forward to watching this movie. I loved the originals films as a kid, and i hope that this film will live up to all the hype.

AstroFan
Movie got bumped up to the 28th, and its reported to be 153 minutes, im stoked. stick out tongue

diabloman
Movie got bumped up to the 28th, and its reported to be 153 minutes, im stoked. stick out tongue king kong is longer than that

AstroFan
Originally posted by diabloman
king kong is longer than that

So are a lot of movies, but for a movie like this, 153 is long.

FG725
eh....I think it looks like crap repetitive villains nowadays aggrivate me. Lex Luthor is the villain big surprise Darkseid should've been the villain in this one. The originals were decent. But I can picture this movie sucking horribly.

UWHusky
How are you going to call Lex Luthor a "repetitive villian" when he is basically the original villian in comic book history.

Spacey looks great in the previews I have seen

Kritish
I so hope this film dosn't suck.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Kritish
I so hope this film dosn't suck.

That makes a few million of us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SnakeEyes
After seeing a couple trailers, I think this movie will be good. Casting an unknown as Superman was a good move, IMO. I also have high hopes mainly because Bryan Singer is directing it and he impressed me with the X-Men films (first 2).

Icicle
I'm not that into Superman, but it looks like a good movie, so i'll definitly wach it. smile

diabloman
So are a lot of movies, but for a movie like this, 153 is long. king kong is 180 mins.

Mr Parker
It looks really good from the trailers and if its as good as it looks from the trailers,I hope it does well but its been horribly promoted so I dont think it will. do very well box office wise.

diabloman
i think everyone is gonna changer there mind of which is the best movie this year when ghostrider comes out next month.

Draco69
Ghost Rider? Pfffft. That'll be as good as Elektra and Daredevil.

Oh wait...

spencerspider
i dont think superman returns will be the biggest. Pirates of the Carribbean might

Draco69
Pirates of Carribean? Very unlikely. Limited audience.

EVERYONE's gonna see Superman regardless if they like him or not. Your grandmother will probably see it. Your divorced math teacher will see it.

It's SUPERMAN.

Even the actor who played him gets friggin worship.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Mr Parker
It looks really good from the trailers and if its as good as it looks from the trailers,I hope it does well but its been horribly promoted so I dont think it will. do very well box office wise.

i went to see X3 and they had the long Superman Trailer, i thought the movie would suck, but when i saw the trailer it looked absolutely amazing

Xam
i think everyone is gonna changer there mind of which is the best movie this year when ghostrider comes out next month.

wtf,ghost rider comes out in febuary 2007

diabloman
Originally posted by Xam
wtf,ghost rider comes out in febuary 2007 spiderman 3 comes out feb 2007. ghost rider is coming up soon next month.

Xam
spiderman 3 comes out feb 2007. ghost rider is coming up soon next month.

dude spiderman 3 comes out may or june 2007,what world r u from

Xam
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7950
ghost rider

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4663
spider man 3

diabloman
Originally posted by Xam
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7950
ghost rider

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4663
spider man 3 saw xmen 3 afew days ago and the previews before the movie started showed that ghost rider is coming next month. check out amc theaters website

Draco69
You obviously read it wrong...

The movie is coming out on February 17, 2007. For god's sake, the movie doesn't even have a rating...

AstroFan
Okaaaaay, thread got sidetracked. confused

The early reviews for the film are looking great. smile

diabloman
Originally posted by Draco69
You obviously read it wrong...

The movie is coming out on February 17, 2007. For god's sake, the movie doesn't even have a rating... put your specs on and go look at amc website.

Draco69
put your specs on and go look at amc website.

For heaven's sake:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

The friggin OFFICAL website states that it will release on February 16th 2007.

Were you held back by any chance.

Yep, I bet you think that X-Men 7 is coming out this August. roll eyes (sarcastic)

diabloman
For heaven's sake:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

The friggin OFFICAL website states that it will release on February 16th 2007.

Were you held back by any chance.

Yep, I bet you think that X-Men 7 is coming out this August. roll eyes (sarcastic) retard i wonder why xmen 3 i called the last stand. its probably the last one silly

SnakeEyes
Diabloman... you're a dumbass.

Now! Back to the actual topic of the thread.

I can't wait. The trailers look promising.

Draco69
Hardly. The greedy bastards are priming to make another one.

THINK. If your last movie broke several box office records, why wouldn't you make another one.

And don't even attempt to elude that fact that you were embarassingly flat-out wrong about Ghost Rider. A movie that doesn't even have 20% of its filming done...

Draco69
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Agree on both points!

I don't like the woman playing Lois though. Too plain...

diabloman
Hardly. The greedy bastards are priming to make another one.

THINK. If your last movie broke several box office records, why wouldn't you make another one.

And don't even attempt to elude that fact that you were embarassingly flat-out wrong about Ghost Rider. A movie that doesn't even have 20% of its filming done... yes im planning on making a movie called slutt woman and guess whoses in it ? damn lady im sure you would be a star after doing that movie which is hard to believe saying star with your stupid name on it. but mommy and daddy have faith in you can do brat. 10 yr old girl i can tell.

diabloman

I can't wait. The trailers look promising. dumbass ? ty lord i dont run in your retarted family like your other GF on here.

Draco69
yes im planning on making a movie called slutt woman and guess whoses in it ? damn lady im sure you would be a star after doing that movie which is hard to believe saying star with your stupid name on it. but mommy and daddy have faith in you can do brat. 10 yr old girl i can tell.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dusty
I won't tolerate Member bashing on the forums.

Consider this a Warning.

wuTa
I just seen this documentary on A&E about Superman, and it had alot of clips and scenes you don't see in the trailors from the new Superman movie, and the directors and the casts insights of the movie, and let me tell you from the scenes I seen...This movie is gonna be ****in sick!!....I'm callin it right now, this movie will be better than Batman Begins or any of the X-men, It had a couple scenes with Spacey playing Luthor, and it gave me chills..You couldn't have cast a better Luthor, or actor for that matter.....Routhe scenes were suprisingly just as good, and it had Singer explaining the story/direction which left me wanting more, and I'm not even that big of a Superman fan, I love Batman but Supeman never appealed to me, and if someone was telling me what I am posting I woulda shook my head and thought "there ain't noway", but after seeing what I saw....Like I said, Its gonna be better than any superhero movie you ever seen

Dusty

I beg to differ.

That's not completely accurate. People who want to see it will go to the cinema and see it, and those who have partial interest will wait for the DVD. Exactly the same thing that has occoured for years.

PunisherKevin
I think it will be an okay movie but I don't think it will be better than the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

SnakeEyes
Personally, I never found the original Superman movies to be all that great. They were decent movies, but nothing spectacular, in my opinion of course. I think that Superman Returns will do very well. Maybe not the best flick of the summer, but definitely high up there. It'll probably be my favorite summer film.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

DanZeke25
laughing I'm cracking up at diabloman.

Anyway, this movie looks great.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Silverstein
i went to see X3 and they had the long Superman Trailer, i thought the movie would suck, but when i saw the trailer it looked absolutely amazing

Yeah I did to.I thought -Man it wont be anything great like the first two films were so I was originally planning on not seeing it because unlike with the batman movies where it was neccessary to restart the batman movies with Batman Begins,they already had a great superman movie made with the first two movies and it seemed pointless and was unneeded to make another one.But after seeing the trailers,I am excited about this movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PunisherKevin
I think it will be an okay movie but I don't think it will be better than the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

yeah I agree.I feel the same way about another Superman movie being made the same way i did about a hulk movie being made.To me,Christopher Reeve is the one and only Superman the same way Bill Bixby was the one and only Doc Banner.there is no other in either case.Eric Bana sucked as Doc Banner,he could not make you care or sympathise for him the way Bixby did.I just hope this new guy doesnt suck as bad as Bana did as Doctor banner.

spencerspider
I know alot of people who aint gonna see it cuz they loved Reeves so much. I wont see it, it looks ok to me.. and Pirates of the Carribbean isnt a limited audience, almost everyone loves that movie.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
There have been some great early reviews from some reputable sources.

Here's one from Time Magazine.

Dusty
Good movie.

Just got back from the 8:30 show.

Solo
I thought it was pretty good, a tad bit disappointed.

B

Dusty
In my opinion, the beginning took away most of the excitement in the end.

The plane scene was awesome.

EDIT: and the Spider-man 3 trailer.

Nevermind
I thought the imagery was absolutely beautiful and the directing superb. As a drama the movie was great, however, it was lacking a bit. I think that with a movie that's over 2 hours in length they could have place more action into the movie. Also, the movie felt a little empty. I think they could have place more into it than they did. However, the acting was great and the story was good (could have been better but still good). All in all this is a very good movie.

Dusty
I think the best attribute of the movie was the sound. The sound effects were godly.

And to fancy a film maker's eye, there were shots so amazing that I couldn't even come up of a way to do.

office jesus
spiderman 3 comes out feb 2007. ghost rider is coming up soon next month.

Spiderman 3 Comes out in May you stupid ass. Stop posting. Please. Everyones IQ goes down a couple of notches when they read your posts.

Dusty

Originally posted by Dusty
I beg to differ.

I think this is the part where I say, 'I told you so'. stick out tongue

.Dance_Inside.
yeah..I loved Superman Returns
I thought it was better than Pirates of the Caribbean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.