Elder Predator vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
this Predator is an Elder, thus one who has been on thousands of successful hunts and proved to be one of the most experienced hunters in the galaxy.

equipped with: Wrist blades, plasma caster, combi-stick, netgun, smart disk, medikit, biohelmet, medium armor, & cloaking device in suit.

this fight takes place in New York City at broad day light. people are runnin around screaming, running for their lives as Venom and the Predator wreak havoc on the whole city trying to kill eachother.

Bloodlust is on.

braz
i say venom takes it. barely though

nimbus006
I dunno Predators can become invisible so if Venom cant see him, the predator could just stand from a distance and blast away. A better fight would be without the plasma blasters in my opinion.

braz
yea, but venom would just dodge the blast, easy.

braz
bump.

braz
Venom wins.

Darth Martin
Venom takes this 6/10.

braz
*thinks*

if venom would win this, then why was everyone saying that Carnage would lose to an elder? confused

Crease
Doesn't Venom posses his own version of "spideysense"? If so, he continually dodges projectiles and the fight lasts as long as it takes for Venom to figure out how to "see" an invisible Pred (throw flour, tar, etc. in the air). Venom would have both the strength and agility edge. Quite sure Pred's a better H2H fighter, but once Venom realizes where he is it's over quick.

braz
Originally posted by Crease
Doesn't Venom posses his own version of "spideysense"? If so, he continually dodges projectiles and the fight lasts as long as it takes for Venom to figure out how to "see" an invisible Pred (throw flour, tar, etc. in the air). Venom would have both the strength and agility edge. Quite sure Pred's a better H2H fighter, but once Venom realizes where he is it's over quick.

Carnage does too. im pretty sure. both of their symbiotes grant them all of spideys powers and more.

Darth Martin
Elder Pred owns everybody in H2H really. Except for KK that is. But if Venom has a SpiderSence and like 25 ton strength he takes this 6/10.

Soleran
Venom smash's an Elder Pred, the symbiote allows 360 vision all the time, and he can form tendrils and such so fighting Venom is alot more then just going H2H with a typical Humanoid.

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Elder Pred owns everybody in H2H really. Except for KK that is. But if Venom has a SpiderSence and like 25 ton strength he takes this 6/10.

and Elder wouldnt own Venom in h2h IMO via venoms 15x or more reflexes like spiderman, the Pred wouldnt even lay one hit on Venom because of that. its not a matter of whos the better fighter but whos quicker here.

braz
Originally posted by Soleran
Venom smash's an Elder Pred, the symbiote allows 360 vision all the time, and he can form tendrils and such so fighting Venom is alot more then just going H2H with a typical Humanoid.

yea. doesnt Carnage's symbiote do the same thing Venoms does? or are they different? explain..

Jyppe
Venom is alot stronger. Predators are max strong as Spiderman (Ten ton range)

Though the sheer fire power the Predators carry is huge. It'll be draw or something like 6/10 for the Venom. I'd say it depends on the luck

He-guy88
how does spiderman lose in the other one and venom wins in this one??

if i rercall venom has been beatin by spiderman

branhole
so its called jobbing, and who hasnt lost to spidey.

FG725
Venom easy...Carnage would lose because of the plasma beams heat and can they predators even see the symbiotes? Anyways Venom can stay underwater for however long he needs till predator walks by he jumps out and WTF PWNS him

Blade Cutter
Venom can go cameo as well making it just as hard for Predator to track him down.

Dinalfos
Venom does not have a spider sense. He has the symbiont to warn him, but it's not quite the same thing. That said, he should win this.

grey fox
Hmmmm....*checks wikipedia*

Venoms screwed.

Darth Martin
Yea I'm changing my vote to the Elder Pred 8/10 because he got thousand years of exp. and bad*** weaponry and knows how to use it.

braz
Originally posted by FG725
Venom easy...Carnage would lose because of the plasma beams heat and can they predators even see the symbiotes? Anyways Venom can stay underwater for however long he needs till predator walks by he jumps out and WTF PWNS him

so venoms symbiote is better than Carnage's in that it can protect him from things like plasma bolts better? even though Carnage's symbiote grants Kassidy much more strength

ExtraMision5555
i thought venom was weak against fire?

braz
ok, i just read wikipedia on both Venom and Carnage. Venoms symbiote= all of spideys powers but stronger because Eddie Brocks strength combines with the symbiote, ability to block spidey sense(doesnt matter here)
camouflage into ne1 or thing including clothing, anything, people ect., its resistant to bullets, even high caliber bullets at that.

Carnage= spideys powers, Class 50 superhuman strength, shapeshifting, ability to turn into any form of clothing, ability to make sharp objects off of suit and use them as projectiles, idunno about protection from projectiles like plasma or bullets it didnt say, so im assuming hes vulnerable to either one. but it doesnt matter, Carnage can camouflage him as his normal self with normal clothing on and pred wouldnt know. and carnage smashes him.

so Venoms suit can block high caliber bullets, but not plasma...? hmm thats iffy about whether or not it'd block the shoulder cannon. ill have to see what someone else says if his suit is vulnerable to fire because i think ive heard that before. fire and loud sounds.

but it doesnt matter. Venom would camouflage himself as som1 else and kill him with brute force when the Pred least expects it

Darth Martin
I'm sure pred could see a difference between him and all the rest of the popultion by their senses and their bio helmet. How would Venom notice the pred while he is cloaked. I'm sure the pred has a sonicn device. They may not show it. They also havetheir shoulder-canons and their burners(hand-held flame throwers). Elders are about meybe from 6 ton to class 10 I would suppose, seeing how unlike humans the more they age the more physically better they get. I say Elder Yautja 8/10.

braz
I'm sure pred could see a difference between him and all the rest of the popultion by their senses and their bio helmet. How would Venom notice the pred while he is cloaked. I'm sure the pred has a sonicn device. They may not show it. They also havetheir shoulder-canons and their burners(hand-held flame throwers). Elders are about meybe from 6 ton to class 10 I would suppose, seeing how unlike humans the more they age the more physically better they get. I say Elder Yautja 8/10.

how would they tell the difference? body heat is body heat. its all gunna look the same in that bio helmet. but u r right about one thing, venom IS vulnerable to fire and so is carnage, so if they get hit with that shoulder cannon plasma caster, then theyre gone. but how would that happen when they cant tell whos who? and Venom has all of spideys powers including a spider sense, it may be kinda hard, but he'd eventually be able to track down the preds location.

but one thing.

i didnt know that about Preds. the older they get the stronger they get?? thats awesome..!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

but i still think that Venom would take this. unless the Predator activates his self-destruct device and wipes out the whole city, but that would kill him too laughing

Darth Martin
First off, what is with they and carnage, It would be hard for an Elder to take both of them. I'm sure the Elder's have encountered symbiotes before. 2nd like i said the Elders have burners and as u no the plasma blasters, they also have those wrist-rockets/blaster's with them like seen in Predator 2.

braz
First off, what is with they and carnage, It would be hard for an Elder to take both of them. I'm sure the Elder's have encountered symbiotes before. 2nd like i said the Elders have burners and as u no the plasma blasters, they also have those wrist-rockets/blaster's with them like seen in Predator 2.

no i was just saying Carnage too because in another thread they said an elder would beat him too and hes basically like a venom with class 50 ton strength..! eek! the Pred takes em on seperate, i was just trying to make a point that if the Pred could beat Carnage then he would slaughter Venom, but now logically looking at it with all the facts, Venom would actually beat an Elder. I think. and thus, so would Carnage also.

braz
btw.. i dont think ive seen Predator 2. is it ne good? or as good as the orginal? big grin

Darth Martin
Not as good as original, but if u r interested in pred weaponry and gadgets u should see that movie. Don't expect to be as good as original, and expect it to have a good ending, meaniong danny glover beating pred in end.

jinzin
Originally posted by He-guy88
how does spiderman lose in the other one and venom wins in this one??

if i rercall venom has been beatin by spiderman
no

in 90% of spidey venom fights.. spiderman gets wrecked by venom 1on1...
people attributed this to his lack of spidersense when fighting venom... but venom threw that theory out the window when he almost killed ben reilly who had a working spider sense....

venom would also wreck a pred because he has a lot of advantages spiderman doesn't have... if anybody thinks that pred's weapons will make this fight go in their favor no doubt... all I have to say is look at what venom did to that mace warrior regiment... an entire battle brigade of guys with predator-akin weapons and venom devoured each and every one of them.. even the invisible ones..

jinzin
Originally posted by grey fox
Hmmmm....*checks wikipedia*

Venoms screwed.
no

you need to start thinking about my TBK vs. SHOCKTOPUS thread... these weapons aren't even guaranteed to hurt venom anymore... hell those "weaknesses" BARELY worked before.

Darth Martin
But did they have as much fighting skill, weaponry, and expirience as the Elder Yautja do?

jinzin
But did they have as much fighting skill, weaponry, and expirience as the Elder Yautja do?

yeah they did actually.. every mace warrior is bred for combat.. they are like the marvel version of solid snake but then packed into mini iron man costumes....

experience is the only lacking factor... but what they lacked in experience they make up for in sheer numbers..

jinzin
Originally posted by braz
how would they tell the difference? body heat is body heat. its all gunna look the same in that bio helmet. but u r right about one thing, venom IS vulnerable to fire and so is carnage, so if they get hit with that shoulder cannon plasma caster, then theyre gone.

no

sorry but the only way venom would go down so easily is if this were the weak, steriotypical version that people have built up in their heads after reading the back of a few comic cards... but if this is comic venom we're talking about...

pred weaponry isn't going to do the job. Venom is EXTREMELY resistant to heat and blasts akin to what predator dishes out, and what's worse is that venom needs to be CONSTANTLY attacked by fire, sonics, or lasers to be severly effected by them in the long run. If they let up even for a moment venom's back in the action... preds have only ever shown that they could fire short bursts.. that being the case preds won't take venom down through fire power alone.....
proof you ask?

certainly... here's another lesson in "why jinzin owns 101":

venom's hit head on by a full gas tanker... he doesn't even acknowledge the resulting explosion:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5373206
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5373208
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5373210

Venom gets blasted by a desintigration laser that sets his back aflame... he continues to make jokes about it while clobbering the enemy:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5365781

in the arachnis project, venom went through multiple guards suited up with lazers and equivolent firepower.. he then took down the jury (a group of supersoldier types specifically suited up to take venom down), and spiderman in the same fight, and he had a solid advantage.. THEN he goes toe to toe with an upgraded drake IN AN INFERNO eek! :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5402773
AND HE WAS WINNING!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5402774

other showings vs. pure light and heat:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5160797
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5160803

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5160806

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5160815

braz
dayum. Preds dead. lol Venom 8/10.

ExtraMision5555
How hardcore are the predators shouldercannons?

Tassadar
Wasnt the result of the Venom versus Predator thread that Venom looses? If he loses to a normal pred, an Elder kicks his ass effortlessly..........

Tassadar
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
How hardcore are the predators shouldercannons?

It fires a plasma bolt with a metal core, in the comics its supposed to be faster than bullets, the only natural source of anything in a plasma state is a star, so its pretty damn hot

braz
dont matter. the Pred wont even recognize Venom.

braz
Originally posted by Tassadar
It fires a plasma bolt with a metal core, in the comics its supposed to be faster than bullets, the only natural source of anything in a plasma state is a star, so its pretty damn hot

yea. and the surface of the hottest star is known to be 80,000 degrees Farenheit. so basically Preds projecting like mini stars with a metal core. and thats way hotter than just normal fire which Venom has experienced, but this is on a whole new different level of hotness. that plasma bolt would slice through venom like a hot knife through butter. and not to mention all his bladed weapons would too. BUT. i dont think the Pred would be able to recognize or point out Venom with his bio helmet via Venoms symbiote which can take the shape of anyone or anything. and THAT right there, is a very deadly weapon. the greatest offense is a good defense. the pred may have a cloaking device, but Venoms on a whole another level of stealth with that symbiote Venom 8/10.

derrty1
the venoms strengh, reach, the simbiote to warn him, cameo will help him greatly i think he would win big time

p.s. isnt the simbiote cold blooded would the predator have trouble finding and cacthing him venom is very agile

braz
Originally posted by derrty1
the venoms strengh, reach, the simbiote to warn him, cameo will help him greatly i think he would win big time

p.s. isnt the simbiote cold blooded would the predator have trouble finding and cacthing him venom is very agile

yea thats true, all the pred sees is body heat, basically. and with the symbiote i wanna say most likely, yea, Pred wouldnt see him becuz its cold-blooded. Venom 8/10

branhole
preds hella cheap. how can you shoot something hotter than a star out of metal, thats hella weird.

braz
Originally posted by branhole
preds hella cheap. how can you shoot something hotter than a star out of metal, thats hella weird.

idunno, does it matter? works dont it? laughing

its basically just concentrated kinetic energy of hydrogen gases into one little ball with a metal projectile in the middle.

Darth Martin
yea thats true, all the pred sees is body heat, basically. and with the symbiote i wanna say most likely, yea, Pred wouldnt see him becuz its cold-blooded. Venom 8/10

Tracking heat or infa-red is just one of their visions w/bio-helmet, without their helmets that is their normal vision mode. For venom they can just switch to their xenio-vision(used for hunting xeno-morphs,xeno's=serpents,snakes=cold blooded. Once spotted the Elder will take out the burner and fire that along with the shoulder-canon.

braz
Tracking heat or infa-red is just one of their visions w/bio-helmet, without their helmets that is their normal vision mode. For venom they can just switch to their xenio-vision(used for hunting xeno-morphs,xeno's=serpents,snakes=cold blooded. Once spotted the Elder will take out the burner and fire that along with the shoulder-canon.

damn u! mad

lol. naw. that is true i forgot about that. their main prey is cold-blooded. laughing duuh.!
but still. this fights in the city, so theres no way the preds gettin that close to Venom. he'll be swingin from building to building ready to dodge w/e while Pred just sits on top of a building sad

Darth Martin
City or Jungle the Elder has a good chance.

braz
Jungle- Venom gets pwned.

City- that would be really close. cuz Venom would still have to get within his range to actually attack the Pred and not to mention its an Elder Pred.
i think im gunna say Pred though. barely. 6/10

Darth Martin
City or Jungle would not matter for the Elder, he can spot venom, but can venom spot pred? Elder will tell the difference betwween population and sybiote just by switching visions. Venoms gone. Spidey would stand a better chance then carnage or venom

branhole
is venom cold or hot, because if hes cold he hella kills.
its a good thing.

Darth Martin
If he's cold or hot it won't matter I already explained in another post. Venom's gonna die.

braz
City or Jungle would not matter for the Elder, he can spot venom, but can venom spot pred? Elder will tell the difference betwween population and sybiote just by switching visions. Venoms gone. Spidey would stand a better chance then carnage or venom

do venom and carnage have a spidey sense?

systemshock2
In one of my Venom comics he goes against some guy called the Gauntlet, who turns himself invisible with a cloacking device. Venom cannot see him, so the only way he found him was to stretch his tendrils out everywhere, hoping that once they touched their destination they would instantly wrap around him and suffocate him. That would never work against the elder Predator because a) the Predator would never allow the tendrils to get that close with all of his firing projectiles, and b) at least in the comic it leaves Venom very vulnerable as he's using those tendrils. A perfect opportunity for a cloaked Predator to go in for the kill.

In the comic also, Venom camaflouged himself as a piece of a wall to try and elude the Gauntlet, but the Gauntlet has the necessary thermovision to easily spot him. IMO the same would apply with the Predator. Venom may try to camaflouge himself against any backdrop, but it would be useless against the Predator's modes of vision.

Not to mention that the Predator has that homing disc. If something like that struck Venom, he is a goner.

branhole
If he's cold or hot it won't matter I already explained in another post. Venom's gonna die.

well arnold went hella cold in the movie and the pred couldnt see him. then he hella kicked preds ass.
its a good thing.

braz
Originally posted by systemshock2

Not to mention that the Predator has that homing disc. If something like that struck Venom, he is a goner.

i dont think its homing. its just called a smart disk because it comes back to the thrower.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by branhole
well arnold went hella cold in the movie and the pred couldnt see him. then he hella kicked preds ass.
its a good thing.

That's cauze in those movies he only had one vision called infa red because he was not going to hunt xenomorphs he was going to hunt humans. I think the smart-disk is homing.

braz
do venom and carnage have a spidey sense?

?

Darth Martin
I think they do why? I'm not sure.

Darth Martin
Hey braz, check out my wolverine gaunlet.

braz
I think they do why? I'm not sure.

well if Venom does, then he'll be able to sense out the Preds location. and thus, be able to dodge what the preds throwin at him and will have a much better chance(net, plasma bolt, smart disk ect.) cuz he knows where its comin from. if not, then hes dead meat.

Darth Martin
He doesn't have one, he is just immune to spideys sense I think.

ExtraMision5555
I dont think venoms dealt with such a high concententration of heat before, this is actually a pertty good fight***

Venom might be able to hide, but he cant cool his body temperature down can he?
I think if he gets hit by a plasma blast, hes done, or pertty close to it

Darth Martin
Or if he gets hit by any of the bladed weapons. If he gets caught in the netgun he is done for.

jinzin
Originally posted by Tassadar
Wasnt the result of the Venom versus Predator thread that Venom looses? If he loses to a normal pred, an Elder kicks his ass effortlessly..........

yeah except for venom doesn't lose to a regular predator either... the problem with this is that there are some people that have a serious hard on for predators and a serious lack of real knowledge about venom as he is in the comics... as venom is really represented, he would kick the crap out of a pred with a descernable amount of ease... but people choose to think about venom's steriotypical weaknesses in spite o f contradictory evidence... and that's how you come up with a half witted conclusion that a pred can take venom...

jinzin
yea. and the surface of the hottest star is known to be 80,000 degrees Farenheit. so basically Preds projecting like mini stars with a metal core. and thats way hotter than just normal fire which Venom has experienced, but this is on a whole new different level of hotness. that plasma bolt would slice through venom like a hot knife through butter. and not to mention all his bladed weapons would too. BUT. i dont think the Pred would be able to recognize or point out Venom with his bio helmet via Venoms symbiote which can take the shape of anyone or anything. and THAT right there, is a very deadly weapon. the greatest offense is a good defense. the pred may have a cloaking device, but Venoms on a whole another level of stealth with that symbiote Venom 8/10.

but venom's already survived plasma bolts.... and plasma lasers and disintigration beams.. hell in two of those pics he's facing off with a woman who can shoot pure light/heat beams...

jinzin
Jungle- Venom gets pwned.

City- that would be really close. cuz Venom would still have to get within his range to actually attack the Pred and not to mention its an Elder Pred.
i think im gunna say Pred though. barely. 6/10

why would venom get pawned in the jungle?

he forced spiderman to fight in a jungle for the specific reason of having an advantage over spiderman and he did great.

jinzin
Originally posted by systemshock2
In one of my Venom comics he goes against some guy called the Gauntlet, who turns himself invisible with a cloacking device. Venom cannot see him, so the only way he found him was to stretch his tendrils out everywhere, hoping that once they touched their destination they would instantly wrap around him and suffocate him. That would never work against the elder Predator because a) the Predator would never allow the tendrils to get that close with all of his firing projectiles, and b) at least in the comic it leaves Venom very vulnerable as he's using those tendrils. A perfect opportunity for a cloaked Predator to go in for the kill.

In the comic also, Venom camaflouged himself as a piece of a wall to try and elude the Gauntlet, but the Gauntlet has the necessary thermovision to easily spot him. IMO the same would apply with the Predator. Venom may try to camaflouge himself against any backdrop, but it would be useless against the Predator's modes of vision.

What the f**k?

if pred was using his ranged weaponry to keep the tendrils away he'd pretty much give himself away... and lets all stop pretending that invisible preds are completely invisible.. they bend light around their bodies but you can still see them to some degree... if venom got a pred to reveal himself, that's it venom see's him and the hunt is on... and no he's not a goner if a homing blade is chucked at him... he wasn't a "goner" any of the times wolverine was hacking away at him and he isn't here either.

jinzin
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
I dont think venoms dealt with such a high concententration of heat before, this is actually a pertty good fight***

Venom might be able to hide, but he cant cool his body temperature down can he?
I think if he gets hit by a plasma blast, hes done, or pertty close to it

I just posted pics where he did just that... What the f**k?

jinzin
Or if he gets hit by any of the bladed weapons. If he gets caught in the netgun he is done for.

no

why the hell do you think that? did bladed weapons help wolverine kill venom? no

wolverine was able to hurt him, and slow hi down... but make him "done for"? nu uh...

also.. a net would be easily torn apart by venom's symbiotic blades.

Jyppe
I doubt it Jinzin, in the comics. The predator's net is nearly strong as adamantium and other "strong" metals.

+ The strongest Predator ever existed, was capable of lifting and throwing 48 Tons heavy tank. (The numbers havent been stated, but a tank similiar to the one in the comic weighted 48 tons.. 1 + 1 = 2 smile )

Though Not all predators have showed similiar feats. Most Predators are on the spiderman level.

According to the comics, Elder predators never use ranged weapons, though Broken tusk, and some Elders in the movies have showed that they use/have ranged weapons.

It's 5/10.. The Predator has the selfdestruct weapon, which is nearly nuke like (No radiation though)

braz
Originally posted by Jyppe
I doubt it Jinzin, in the comics. The predator's net is nearly strong as adamantium and other "strong" metals.

+ The strongest Predator ever existed, was capable of lifting and throwing 48 Tons heavy tank. (The numbers havent been stated, but a tank similiar to the one in the comic weighted 48 tons.. 1 + 1 = 2 smile )

Though Not all predators have showed similiar feats. Most Predators are on the spiderman level.

According to the comics, Elder predators never use ranged weapons, though Broken tusk, and some Elders in the movies have showed that they use/have ranged weapons.

It's 5/10.. The Predator has the selfdestruct weapon, which is nearly nuke like (No radiation though)

48 tons!??! eek! thats awesome...!! Preds r friggin bad to the bone nicca. lol laughing Happy Dance

and as for the ranged weapon thing, i know elders dont use ranged weapons in the comics, but he can here. so if hes good with a sword or wristblades, he'll be even better with a shoulder cannon or a smart disk. smile

braz
Originally posted by jinzin
why would venom get pawned in the jungle?

he forced spiderman to fight in a jungle for the specific reason of having an advantage over spiderman and he did great.

well, after learning that Venom doesnt have a spidey sense or at least not one like Spideys exactly, just a 360 degree view and a symbiote to warn him, an Elder Pred would def pwn Venom.

and yea, he can maybe take on spiderman in the jungle, but not someone like an elder with ranged weapons. Venoms not as mobile + no spidey sense= dead Venom. no

Fieldy69
venom easily takes this

braz
Venom dies. of major heartburn laughing

jinzin

that's the biggest load of crap i've ever heard... the nets been broken by xenomorphs using brute strength, it's been cut by a samarai wielding a katana, it was cut when a human got ahold of one of those smart disks... it's nowhere NEAR the strength of admantium... not even close...

+ The strongest Predator ever existed, was capable of lifting and throwing 48 Tons heavy tank. (The numbers havent been stated, but a tank similiar to the one in the comic weighted 48 tons.. 1 + 1 = 2 smile ) yeah and the strongest venom that ever existed pwned juggernaught with ease in a physical contest... what are you trying to prove here... if you have to bring up the baddest strongest preds just to make this competition interesting that doesn't say much for preds in general.

Though Not all predators have showed similiar feats. Most Predators are on the spiderman level. Nah.. most preds are assumed to be at the 10 ton class range which is below spiderman level.... venom's ahead of that class range by leagues... in any case their strength doesn't really matter here.. if they're not stronger than juggy or hulk then their brute force ain't doing much here.

It's 5/10.. The Predator has the selfdestruct weapon, which is nearly nuke like (No radiation though) and if the pred has to use that they've already probably lost...

jinzin
well, after learning that Venom doesnt have a spidey sense or at least not one like Spideys exactly, just a 360 degree view and a symbiote to warn him, an Elder Pred would def pwn Venom.
How? venom has casually dodged bullets and lasers... his CIS just usually prevents him from doing that cause he likes going into brawl mode... he doesn't need a spider sense to avoid danger because his reflexes have already been said to be around spiderman's level and he can probably take about 90% of what a pred's gonna dish out anyways..

and yea, he can maybe take on spiderman in the jungle, but not someone like an elder with ranged weapons. Venoms not as mobile + no spidey sense= dead Venom. no not as mobile as what? a predator? surely you're joking.. What the f**k?

and why couldn't he take down a pred in the jungle? as I recall several humans in both comics and movies have been able to do so using limited and/or primative means, but venom can't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Venom wins majority.

blind faith
yea Venom wins

Sam Z
Indeed.

blind faith
Originally posted by Sam Z
Indeed. wassup Sam Z cool

Sam Z
Originally posted by blind faith
wassup Sam Z cool

Wassup BF. wink
Haven't seen you around for some time.

Jyppe
It's true, Maybe I should have worded my sentences better. The net has been stated to be nearly indestrucable. Yes, there has been instances where the nets have been broken by knives, blades and stuff, but usually only Predator weapons and Alien's corrosive blood works.

Maybe these other predators didnt use "nearly indestrucable" nets? I'd say not every Predator have access to such weapons. And besides, Predator comics usually vary a lot. So dont jump on me

I never said this Predator should be capable of doing something like that. Read my post again. I was just witnessing that not all Predators are same in the comics. (To be honest, Tank lifting and beating an Alien queen with nothing but fists are BS IMO.)

How strong Venom is in your opinion, tell me.

Eh, that's what I meant. I meant the orginal strength level of Spider-man. (Haven't really followed Spiderman in a while) Spiderman has beat Venom does feel Spiderman's punches (10 tonner's) Imagine Spiderman thrusting a spear directly into Venom's stomach. Strength does count.

Yes, but this makes sure Venom dies if the Predator dies.

The plasmacasters fire bolts capable of tearing through military chopper's armor, and they can fire them rapidly.

Even I'm more of a Venom fan, I have to give this to the Predator. His firepower is just too big, not to mention their blades (according to comics cut in a molecular level. Sound's odd, doesnt it?)

Fair fight though.

Sam Z

Eh, that's what I meant. I meant the orginal strength level of Spider-man. (Haven't really followed Spiderman in a while) Spiderman has beat Venom does feel Spiderman's punches (10 tonner's) Imagine Spiderman thrusting a spear directly into Venom's stomach. Strength does count.

No it doesn't. Venom does not really feel Spidey's punches.
Spider-man only managed to push him back. He never managed to KO Venom. In fact I never saw Venom KOed at all, only with sonics.
Venom took Juggernaut punches and laughed.
And cutting Venom never worked before.

Tha C-Master
No it doesn't. Venom does not really feel Spidey's punches.
Spider-man only managed to push him back. He never managed to KO Venom. In fact I never saw Venom KOed at all, only with sonics.
Venom took Juggernaut punches and laughed.
And cutting Venom never worked before. Wait, not that this matters, but venom has been hurt by spiderman... Spiderman even went beserk and pretty much pwned him, I'm not saying he'd win the majority, but people have this hard on for venom where they think he's on hulk's level. He isn't even able to beat carnage in a well written fight...

blind faith
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wait, not that this matters, but venom has been hurt by spiderman... Spiderman even went beserk and pretty much pwned him, I'm not saying he'd win the majority, but people have this hard on for venom where they think he's on hulk's level. He isn't even able to beat carnage in a well written fight... really? in which comic did Spidey own Venom by going berserk? I'm just asking because in most of the comics where they fight I mostly see that Spidey's punches do little to Venom (aside from annoying him). As for Venom being in Hulk's level is indeed absurd but Venom did show that he wouldn't go down easy when they fought but that's neither here nor there.

Tha C-Master
really? in which comic did Spidey own Venom by going berserk? I'm just asking because in most of the comics where they fight I mostly see that Spidey's punches do little to Venom (aside from annoying him). As for Venom being in Hulk's level is indeed absurd but Venom did show that he wouldn't go down easy when they fought but that's neither here nor there. Oh I don't think he'd win the majority either, I'm just saying his hits can hurt him...

I wish I had the issue number, but it was when he was going to his high school reunion, and venom showed up and killed on of the people in his school... I guess I'll be taken a trip to the library...

Sam Z
Wait, not that this matters, but venom has been hurt by spiderman... Spiderman even went beserk and pretty much pwned him, I'm not saying he'd win the majority, but people have this hard on for venom where they think he's on hulk's level. He isn't even able to beat carnage in a well written fight...

I'm not saying he is on Hulk's level(he certanly isn't) But he obviously is durable enough to take punches from Hulk or Juggernaut and he proved that. Spider-man never really beat him h2h. He once made him fall from scyscraper but it took him only few seconds to recover. You can't really say Spider-man's punches effected him. And yelling "ouch" does not prove that.
And since Venom beats Carnage almost everytime they fight, I hardly can say it was bad written story...

UltimateStryfe
Venom can comoflauge better than Pred.
Venom: 8/10

Tha C-Master
Several characters have dodged machine gun bullets, and have taken hits from the hulk... it makes them fast and strong, but it shouldn't be mistaken for being able to go toe to toe with these things consistently.

Also there's a difference between dodging and missing, dodging entails that the bullet would hit IF the character hadn't moved... missing is just the marksman missing.

I'm not saying he is on Hulk's level(he certanly isn't) But he obviously is durable enough to take punches from Hulk or Juggernaut and he proved that. Spider-man never really beat him h2h. He once made him fall from scyscraper but it took him only few seconds to recover. You can't really say Spider-man's punches effected him. And yelling "ouch" does not prove that.
And since Venom beats Carnage almost everytime they fight, I hardly can say it was bad written story... Yelling, "ouch", "arrgh", dropping what he was doing immediately, and running away from a fight proves it fine to me.

When has he beaten carnage head up when he wasn't distracted, or anything like that? Carnage has owned spiderman, venom, black cat, AND the ff... whenever Venom starts pounding on carnage its because carnage isn't trying his hardest to get rid of him.

Carnage is venom's superior in pretty much every way, in regards to the symbiote. Eddie vs Cassidy, then Brock might win.

Sam Z

Yelling, "ouch", "arrgh", dropping what he was doing immediately, and running away from a fight proves it fine to me.

Even Juggernaut yells "ouch" all the time (and he doesn't feel pain at all) So it doesn't prove anything. If 3 year old kid kicks you in thr knee you would say "ouch" too but it doesn't mean you was really hurt.

When has he beaten carnage head up when he wasn't distracted, or anything like that? Carnage has owned spiderman, venom, black cat, AND the ff... whenever Venom starts pounding on carnage its because carnage isn't trying his hardest to get rid of him.

Carnage is venom's superior in pretty much every way, in regards to the symbiote. Eddie vs Cassidy, then Brock might win.

Carnage never owned Spidey Venom and cat at the same time. He never fought with FF. Actually it was Venom who owned Spidey and Torch at the same time.
Venom beat Carnage in maximum carnage easilly
Before you bring damaged mind argument i want to say 3 things.
1) His mind wasn't that damaged he was even joking during the fight
2) He, himself said it didn't effected his strength and speed
3) Venom was barely standing when Carnage appeared so it still was a fair fight.
Venom beat him in Venom on trial like there was no tommorow. And without any help. Spider-man actually had to beg Venom to leave Carnage alive.
He overpowered him in Venom and Carnage.

The only time Carnage was shown superior was during savage alliance and that was Carnage first appearance. Writers had no choise but to show him a badass.

Venom proved many times he IS superior to Carnage.

Jyppe
Yeah, at the beginning. Carnage was better than Venom in every ways, but now things have changed. To be fair I'm going to say they're Equal smile

Sam Z
Oops, accidently quoted myself.

blind faith
Oops, accidently quoted myself. didn't Carnage also admit that Venom would kill him in last part of Maximum Carnage, he strangled Spidey and threw him on a tombstone and he was going to attack Spidey and said: "Sayonara Spidey! I can't let Venom take me down without one for the road--and guess who's the fall guy?" From that, it sounded like Carnage thought Venom was too much so I think still Venom could take him down or at least stalemate him but it sure won't be easy.

Sam Z
didn't Carnage also admit that Venom would kill him in last part of Maximum Carnage, he strangled Spidey and threw him on a tombstone and he was going to attack Spidey and said: "Sayonara Spidey! I can't let Venom take me down without one for the road--and guess who's the fall guy?" From that, it sounded like Carnage thought Venom was too much so I think still Venom could take him down or at least stalemate him but it sure won't be easy.

thumb up true, and in venom and carnage he had to wait untill Venom stoped guarding Toxin so he could try to kill him. Means he was affraid to face Venom.

blind faith
thumb up true, and in venom and carnage he had to wait untill Venom stoped guarding Toxin so he could try to kill him. Means he was affraid to face Venom. I haven't read it but I see your point smile oh well but in this fight between Venom & Elder Predator are we agree that Venom wins the majority?

Sam Z
I haven't read it but I see your point smile oh well but in this fight between Venom & Elder Predator are we agree that Venom wins the majority?

Yep, we areyes

Tha C-Master
Even Juggernaut yells "ouch" all the time (and he doesn't feel pain at all) So it doesn't prove anything. If 3 year old kid kicks you in thr knee you would say "ouch" too but it doesn't mean you was really hurt.

Pain is a wide spectrum of expression... but pain has little to no meaning with incapacitation 100% of the time, I could knock you unconscious without you feeling a thing, and I could do something like, put my finger under your nose and make you feel extreme levels of pain, and do no immediate affect to your immediate health.

So does venom react to spiderman's hits?

Most definately so.

Has venom yelled in pain as well?

Yes.

Not to mention that spiderman himself is usually occupied while fighting venom, and like things with venom and carnage have changed, things with venom and current (adult) spiderman have changed as well.

Spiderman has hurt the hulk, so he CAN hurt venom...

Carnage never owned Spidey Venom and cat at the same time. He never fought with FF. Actually it was Venom who owned Spidey and Torch at the same time.

He hasn't? Spiderman and venom have teamed up several times against Carnage, and the FF had to assist, and carnage was detained.

Venom beat Carnage in maximum carnage easilly

The maximum carnage saga, why does everyone seem to forget that the avengers hit him with an alpha wave and that weakened carnage, I love that comic, and venom was beating him up. Carnage was in a weakened state in that fight, hell he wasn't even TRYING to fight.

Before you bring damaged mind argument i want to say 3 things.
1) His mind wasn't that damaged he was even joking during the fight

So what its a comic, comic characters joke alot, especially in spiderman of all places. Carnage was weakened and brock rushed him into the generators before he came back to full power.

2) He, himself said it didn't effected his strength and speed

But somehow yelling "ouch" isn't credible? Somehow contradictory.

Carnage IS faster, and stronger than venom, he is statistically proven so, outside of matches and popularity contests... the person in the symbiote may be different more or less, but carnage's symbiote is stronger... add to the fact that Cassidy is willing to kill, and you have a beast.

3) Venom was barely standing when Carnage appeared so it still was a fair fight.

Spiderman, black cat, and a shitload of other's helped to overcome him, Carnage went to dig his mother out of a grave, he was obviously in a weakened psychological state from the alpha wave.

Venom beat him in Venom on trial like there was no tommorow. And without any help. Spider-man actually had to beg Venom to leave Carnage alive.

And he didn't seem to be fighting back at his greatest potential.

Spiderman begged Venom to leave Carnage alone because they weren't killers in an example, and Carnage was weakened and they had little time.

He overpowered him in Venom and Carnage.

Or here either.

The only time Carnage was shown superior was during savage alliance and that was Carnage first appearance. Writers had no choise but to show him a badass.

No, spiderman and venom have been shown weaker, (especially during ealier appearences) by carnage.

Hell spiderman beat carnage symbiote on silver surfer, but that doesn't really mean that spiderman is a good match for Kleutus.

Venom proved many times he IS superior to Carnage.

Venom isn't stronger, or faster, than Carnage, nor can he attack with his symbiote like Kleutus can... I don't see him winning in a versus match in this forum, perhaps in a popularity contest though. Or in comics.

didn't Carnage also admit that Venom would kill him in last part of Maximum Carnage, he strangled Spidey and threw him on a tombstone and he was going to attack Spidey and said: "Sayonara Spidey! I can't let Venom take me down without one for the road--and guess who's the fall guy?" From that, it sounded like Carnage thought Venom was too much so I think still Venom could take him down or at least stalemate him but it sure won't be easy. That same match venom was attacking carnage before he could come back to full power and ran him into generators. Why do people leave this out?

I agree however that the writers have made them roughly equal in recent years... but venom as a superior in a match where there was no plot device or anything else in the way, not really.

braz
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
Venom can comoflauge better than Pred.
Venom: 8/10

lol. have u paid ne attention to whats been said b4?? he has electro vision or w/e for cold blooded organisms, like the Aliens, their usual prey.

braz
How? venom has casually dodged bullets and lasers... his CIS just usually prevents him from doing that cause he likes going into brawl mode... he doesn't need a spider sense to avoid danger because his reflexes have already been said to be around spiderman's level and he can probably take about 90% of what a pred's gonna dish out anyways..

not as mobile as what? a predator? surely you're joking.. What the f**k?

and why couldn't he take down a pred in the jungle? as I recall several humans in both comics and movies have been able to do so using limited and/or primative means, but venom can't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

noo. i meant venom isnt as mobile as he would be in the city cuz he'd be able to swing on buildings with webshooters liike spidey.

and an elder pred would eventually hit Venom with that plasma cannon, theyre beyond surgical with them damn things. u think theyre bada$$ with a sword?, just think what an elder would do with a shoulder cannon. and yes, that plasma IS too hot for Venoma symbiote to withstand, iont care how durable u say it is.

MattDay
an eldar would do well against venom, but maybe venom could land a lucky punch and it would send the pred into a heavy daze and if it doesnt show resiliency it would get a second helping for sure, so a good, probably best eldar predator could win. i'd say venom could take an alien queen to be honest and an eldar predator has been said to be able to take down a queen, not easily but still.

braz

yeah and the strongest venom that ever existed pwned juggernaught with ease in a physical contest... what are you trying to prove here... if you have to bring up the baddest strongest preds just to make this competition interesting that doesn't say much for preds in general.

Nah.. most preds are assumed to be at the 10 ton class range which is below spiderman level.... venom's ahead of that class range by leagues... in any case their strength doesn't really matter here.. if they're not stronger than juggy or hulk then their brute force ain't doing much here.

u think that a Pred, and the strongest pred at that that has ever existed. meaning like no other will ever be like him(48 ton strength) lifting a tank is bullshyt, u should check to see what ur saying. ur saying a street-levler like Venom could take hits from som1 like the Juggernaut and laugh about it. eek! now thats some bull. and iont care iont wanna c the scans ive already seem em. thats PIS though. a giant whos virtually invulnerable with 100 ton+ strength and that cant be stopped due to the laws of motion when he gains momentum pounding away at som1 like Venom and him LAUGHING about it? What the f**k? now thats some shi*ty azz writing

Darth Martin
Not all of the yautja have the indestructable melee weapons but the Elders sure as **** do. Ur right most Elders don't use ranged attacks but in these forums they can.Venom is not getting out of the netgun.

UltimateStryfe
u think that a Pred, and the strongest pred at that that has ever existed. meaning like no other will ever be like him(48 ton strength) lifting a tank is bullshyt, u should check to see what ur saying. ur saying a street-levler like Venom could take hits from som1 like the Juggernaut and laugh about it. eek! now thats some bull. and iont care iont wanna c the scans ive already seem em. thats PIS though. a giant whos virtually invulnerable with 100 ton+ strength and that cant be stopped due to the laws of motion when he gains momentum pounding away at som1 like Venom and him LAUGHING about it? What the f**k? now thats some shi*ty azz writing

who can lift 48 tons????

braz
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
who can lift 48 tons????

this one predator. who was like the strongest one who ever existed of the yauhjta race or w/e. yea. pretty badass huh? wink

id like to see Venom beat his azz

braz
Not all of the yautja have the indestructable melee weapons but the Elders sure as **** do. Ur right most Elders don't use ranged attacks but in these forums they can.Venom is not getting out of the netgun.

the netgun will hold him statitonary long enoughi think for the elder to blast some plasma bolts at em which'll for sure put em down. but i woulndt be too sure as to it would hold zVenom forever for good. like they said, those nets CAN break. but i thought only Xenomorph acid could do that?? not normal blades?! What the f**k? now thats some more bullshyt, that metal IS on the same level which adamantium is for marvel universe.

Jyppe
The lifting issue isnt that specific. So i'm not sure how heavy the tank was. Modern Abrams tank weights; 67.5 tons..

Darth Martin
the netgun will hold him statitonary long enoughi think for the elder to blast some plasma bolts at em which'll for sure put em down. but i woulndt be too sure as to it would hold zVenom forever for good. like they said, those nets CAN break. but i thought only Xenomorph acid could do that?? not normal blades?! What the f**k? now thats some more bullshyt, that metal IS on the same level which adamantium is for marvel universe.

Like I said there r some that can break. Some wristblades are acid-resistant and some are not. Some r indestructable and some r not. The onlyu weapons of the yautja that r always indestructable regardless of the class yautja are the combi-sticks and the smart-disk. But Elders have acid-resistant, indestructable extended wristblades and shuriken. Point is all of the Elder melee weapons r indesttructable pretty much.

MattDay
nice! 48 tons! man why dont they stick a predator like that in the avp crossovers, he could be the main predator to watch out for... it would make it more interesting!

Sam Z
Pain is a wide spectrum of expression... but pain has little to no meaning with incapacitation 100% of the time, I could knock you unconscious without you feeling a thing, and I could do something like, put my finger under your nose and make you feel extreme levels of pain, and do no immediate affect to your immediate health.

So does venom react to spiderman's hits?

Most definately so.

Has venom yelled in pain as well?

Yes.

Juggernaut while fighting Hulk yelled as well, so? Still doesn't prove anything.

Spiderman has hurt the hulk, so he CAN hurt venom...

Juggernaut KOed Thing in three punches but couldn't KO Venom in 10 so?

He hasn't? Spiderman and venom have teamed up several times against Carnage, and the FF had to assist, and carnage was detained.

Sorry but NEVER happened, he never fought fantastic four and he ONLY fought Spider-man and Venom as a team in savage alliance. In maximum carnage spider-man was actually stopping Venom from going for Carnage and when they fougtht as a team Carnage had many villians to help him.

The maximum carnage saga, why does everyone seem to forget that the avengers hit him with an alpha wave and that weakened carnage, I love that comic, and venom was beating him up. Carnage was in a weakened state in that fight, hell he wasn't even TRYING to fight.

Venom was barely standing when Carnage appeared so he was in MUCH worse shape and still beat him. Carnage tried to fight but couldn't lay a finger on Venom.

So what its a comic, comic characters joke alot, especially in spiderman of all places. Carnage was weakened and brock rushed him into the generators before he came back to full power.

Brock was the one who wasn't in full power. He was tortured for hours before the fight. Venom did rushed him into generators but after beating him for two issues.

But somehow yelling "ouch" isn't credible? Somehow contradictory.

Carnage IS faster, and stronger than venom, he is statistically proven so, outside of matches and popularity contests... the person in the symbiote may be different more or less, but carnage's symbiote is stronger... add to the fact that Cassidy is willing to kill, and you have a beast.
Only words. Faster... stronger... Venom proves an oposite thing almost in every their fight.

Spiderman, black cat, and a shitload of other's helped to overcome him, Carnage went to dig his mother out of a grave, he was obviously in a weakened psychological state from the alpha wave.

Actually Spider-man was only distrubing Venom there. Everytime Venom was going to finish Carnage Spider-man was attacking him from the back. Venom did beat Carnage in fair fight and there is nothing to argue about.

And he didn't seem to be fighting back at his greatest potential.
Spiderman begged Venom to leave Carnage alone because they weren't killers in an example, and Carnage was weakened and they had little time.

He was fighting at full potential and WASN'T weakened. Where did you get that from. Venom simply was beating him and laughing at him that Carnage couldn't even return the favour.

No, spiderman and venom have been shown weaker, (especially during ealier appearences) by carnage.

Hell spiderman beat carnage symbiote on silver surfer, but that doesn't really mean that spiderman is a good match for Kleutus.
Again, shown weaker only during savage alliance. All other time Venom had an upperhand. And Spider-man didn't beat silversurfer with symbiote. Surfer wasn't even fighting, he convinced Spider to return symbiote to kassidy.

Venom isn't stronger, or faster, than Carnage, nor can he attack with his symbiote like Kleutus can... I don't see him winning in a versus match in this forum, perhaps in a popularity contest though. Or in comics.

Couldn't attack like what? With axes? Actually he can and he did formed shape weapon with his suit.

That same match venom was attacking carnage before he could come back to full power and ran him into generators. Why do people leave this out?

Why do people leave that Venom was weakend MUCH more that Carnage. He couldn't even stand still. He ran him into those generators after beating crap of him for a long time.

Venom did beat Carnage MANY times in fair one-on-one fights. You can't denie it. He was shown superior to Kassidy in all fights except for the first Carnage appearance.

Sam Z
Both Spider-man and Daredevil had to stop Venom from killing Carnage.

Sam Z
That's what happened when Spider-man tried to fight Carnage.

Sam Z
And that is what happened after Venom got tired of Spider's worthless tries.

Sam Z
Carnage had problems with his brains but it didn't effected his strength or speed and he DID tried to fight back but just couldn't.
And Venom was even MUCH weaker after hours of torture. He could barely stand. So it WAS a fair one-on-one fight. Spider-man was as much fighting against Venom as against Carnage during that fight. Still Venom beat Kassidy.

Sam Z
Oh! And on-topic. Venom would murder Predator.

Darth Martin
Elder's rule.

braz
Elder's rule.

laughing

damn skippy.

braz
Carnage had problems with his brains but it didn't effected his strength or speed and he DID tried to fight back but just couldn't.
And Venom was even MUCH weaker after hours of torture. He could barely stand. So it WAS a fair one-on-one fight. Spider-man was as much fighting against Venom as against Carnage during that fight. Still Venom beat Kassidy.

meh. Carnage was going easy on him. kinda like Batman beating Supes. ya know? if he really wanted to, he'd smash him. but of course he wont do that to his own father.

Sam Z
meh. Carnage was going easy on him. kinda like Batman beating Supes. ya know? if he really wanted to, he'd smash him. but of course he wont do that to his own father.

LOL yeah, he is too kind to fight his own father.

Tha C-Master
Juggernaut while fighting Hulk yelled as well, so? Still doesn't prove anything. Wow, so not only did you ignore all my other points, but you constantly insist that a character in pain doesn't mean they are in pain? confused So characters words only apply when YOU want them to apply, it seems so.

Juggernaut KOed Thing in three punches but couldn't KO Venom in 10 so?

Now you are using different extremes of examples, Spiderman had Venom running for his life...

Sorry but NEVER happened, he never fought fantastic four and he ONLY fought Spider-man and Venom as a team in savage alliance. Yes he did, spiderman called them for backup, its in the history.

In maximum carnage spider-man was actually stopping Venom from going for Carnage and when they fougtht as a team Carnage had many villians to help him.
Yes because he's not a killer (spiderman), and they teamed up on carnage in the park, when carnage was digging up his mother's grave, yet you constantly insist that Carnage was fighting at his best during that fight. Why?

Venom was barely standing when Carnage appeared so he was in MUCH worse shape and still beat him. Carnage tried to fight but couldn't lay a finger on Venom.

How was he in much worse shape? He appeared fine, spiderman was injured, and carnage was fleeing the entire time, he had no intent on even fighting Venom, he broke into his old cell and everything. If you call that a fair fight, then you're obviously biased.

Brock was the one who wasn't in full power. He was tortured for hours before the fight. Venom did rushed him into generators but after beating him for two issues. By who?

He knew those blows would never finish carnage, Carnage even said he could see clearly now, and Brock did it before carnage came to full power.

Only words. Faster... stronger... Venom proves an oposite thing almost in every their fight.
Carnage's symbiote is CHARACTERIZED to be faster and stronger, if you want to debate semantics..

And again, why do only words matter when you want them to? Why does " I can't take him" matter, but "arrgh, or faster and stronger doesn't?

Venom even admitted HIMSELF carnage was faster and stronger.

Hell all the symbiote spawn are upgrades to their parents.

Venom<Carnage<Toxin

Actually Spider-man was only distrubing Venom there. Everytime Venom was going to finish Carnage Spider-man was attacking him from the back. Venom did beat Carnage in fair fight and there is nothing to argue about.

He was hitting him, he only "finished him by nailing him into some generators.

Venom stalked and attacked a carnage that didn't want to fight... it would be like spiderman attacking a venom who didn't want to fight when brock was dying from cancer.

He was fighting at full potential and WASN'T weakened. Where did you get that from. "Its only a matter of time before that alpha gizmo wears off, better contact the avengers!"-Spiderman.

Venom simply was beating him and laughing at him that Carnage couldn't even return the favour. I should have known better to argue with a guy with venom in his sig, not to be stereotypical, but Carnage did NOT want to engage anybody, not at all... he made some half assed efforts to defend himself, Carnage was growing stronger and Brock ended it by running him into regenerators.

We need reading comprehension classes here.

Again, shown weaker only during savage alliance. All other time Venom had an upperhand. And Spider-man didn't beat silversurfer with symbiote. Surfer wasn't even fighting, he convinced Spider to return symbiote to kassidy.
He didn't have the symbiote on him and was fighting to get it off?

Couldn't attack like what? With axes? Actually he can and he did formed shape weapon with his suit.

He can't project them or other methods like that as well, he has less resistance to fire and sonics as well...

Why do people leave that Venom was weakend MUCH more that Carnage. He couldn't even stand still. He ran him into those generators after beating crap of him for a long time.
He couldn't stand still, but he was fighting and laughing like a champ earlier in the post? Ok...

Venom did beat Carnage MANY times in fair one-on-one fights. You can't denie it. He was shown superior to Kassidy in all fights except for the first Carnage appearance. You've shown me your mind won't change, and that you are twisting the matches into your favor and are missing some key points of their history... but ah well.

Wolverine2006
Venom wuld just regrow everything the predator managed to blow off with his shouldercannon

jinzin
It's true, Maybe I should have worded my sentences better. The net has been stated to be nearly indestrucable. Yes, there has been instances where the nets have been broken by knives, blades and stuff, but usually only Predator weapons and Alien's corrosive blood works.

Maybe these other predators didnt use "nearly indestrucable" nets? I'd say not every Predator have access to such weapons. And besides, Predator comics usually vary a lot. So dont jump on me sorry... I'm not trying to jump on you, but it's misconcetptions like that, that allow people to think preds can take down everyone and their grandma in this forum.. it's a little... What the f**k? IMO...

I don't doubt the tinsil strength of the netting.. I just don't think it's anywhere near indestructible.. I'm fairly confident that venom could and would shred it if he had to.

I never said this Predator should be capable of doing something like that. Read my post again. I was just witnessing that not all Predators are same in the comics. (To be honest, Tank lifting and beating an Alien queen with nothing but fists are BS IMO.)

How strong Venom is in your opinion, tell me.
I never thought all preds were. the same.. I'm just not one to give characters the benefit of the doubt.. just because one pred was shown to lift a tank doesn't mean the one that fights here will unless otherwise stated.. It just seemed like that's what you were implying...
as for venom... venom's feats in the past were around the class of 25 to 30 tons.. but after his symbiote bonded with it's other half he became venom times 2 spiderman stated that he was as strong as the thing.. but I think his lifting class is in the 40 to 50 ton range now.

people with human strength can CUT venom.. or stab him... what I'm saying is blunt trauma from brute force.. it won't do much to venom who's proven to take sooo much more...

Yes, but this makes sure Venom dies if the Predator dies.

The plasmacasters fire bolts capable of tearing through military chopper's armor, and they can fire them rapidly.
and run the risk of losing power reserves if they do...

the thing is venom's taken an lsd rocket to his face and he shrugged it off... I think given his history it's not unreasonable to assume he could dodge many blasts and take whatever hits him in stride...

Even I'm more of a Venom fan, I have to give this to the Predator. His firepower is just too big, not to mention their blades (according to comics cut in a molecular level. Sound's odd, doesnt it?)

Fair fight though. I just don't see it that way considering the regiement of mace warriors that venom fought had all the same weaponry.. didn't seem to help them much.

jinzin
noo. i meant venom isnt as mobile as he would be in the city cuz he'd be able to swing on buildings with webshooters liike spidey.

and an elder pred would eventually hit Venom with that plasma cannon, theyre beyond surgical with them damn things. u think theyre bada$$ with a sword?, just think what an elder would do with a shoulder cannon. and yes, that plasma IS too hot for Venoma symbiote to withstand, iont care how durable u say it is.

no but he'd be able to swing on trees.. his strength and agility is still leagues ahead of a predator.... and this fight is in a city landscape anyways.... (read the first page) so i don't know what the hell you're talking about....

AND you don't care how durable I think venom is?

it has nothing to do with what I say.. it has to do with what he's proven in comics.. i.e. plasmas not too hot.. sorry.... in venom "the run" the suit blow venom up from the inside with a plasma explosion... all it did was knock venom off his host but it failed to disable to symbiote... not too hot. sorry.. you fail.

jinzin
u think that a Pred, and the strongest pred at that that has ever existed. meaning like no other will ever be like him(48 ton strength) lifting a tank is bullshyt, u should check to see what ur saying.
no.. actually I don't think that.. I think that's perfectley acceptable... perhaps it's you that needs to check what he's saying... and stop telling me what I think, instead read what I'm actually writing... I'm implying that there's no reason to think that the pred that's fighting venom would be that strong since ONE was shown to be that's all....

ur saying a street-levler like Venom could take hits from som1 like the Juggernaut and laugh about it.
actually I'm saying he DID.... BTW venom's top tier as far as street levels go...

eek! now thats some bull.

care to explain why? I mean street levels are known to take heavy amounts of punishment all the time.. hell look at wolverine... being street level has nothing to do with it... look at venom's powerset.. he can clearly take super human punches from class 100's....

and iont care iont wanna c the scans ive already seem em. thats PIS though. a giant whos virtually invulnerable with 100 ton+ strength and that cant be stopped due to the laws of motion when he gains momentum pounding away at som1 like Venom and him LAUGHING about it? What the f**k? now thats some shi*ty azz writing How? I mean juggernaught wasn't stopped and venom's durability is proven by consistancy... you have a lot of crap to spew and not a lot of proof or rationale to back it up... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
as for the whole venom carnage thing....

running the risk of getting into another post for post slugfest with c-master... all I'm gonna say is this...

yes spiderman has beat down venom with his fists leaving venom in a bad situation.. but he's only done this twice.. once was during the venom agenda...
the second time was at pete's reunion and that wasn't eddie brock venom.. infact it was pretty clearly indicated that spiderman's punches were harming the host more psychologically than physically. I blame that due to lack of experience...

But let's recap.. venom in the venom agenda was physically weakened allready due to his cancer and surgery before the fight.. even then he was still BARELY able to feel spidey's punches until he threatened mary jane...

the point is... consistently spiderman completely fails to subdue venom with brute force and this is something that proves true 95% of the time. Venom HAS taken shots from juggy, hulk, and iron man, and got right back up... hell he's taken shots from a depowered supes... (yes that's been recognised by both marvel and dc in canon material.. and no I'm not completely serious in counting it.. just making a point).

as with carnage vs. venom..
in maximum carnage, carnage was weakened.. but venom was more so.. he WAS barely able to stand (in the issue before that he collapses on the ground).. and carnage DID start that fight.. he only tried to recant that decision when he realized he was losing horribly.

to this date venom has beaten carnage on almost every occasion with the exception of carnage's first appearance...
each thime they've fought has been on equal footing and carnage still manages to lose.. I think.. for those exact reasons that venom stated....

finally.. someone said that carnage is more resistant to flames and sonics.. but I say NAY! carnage grew to be stronger against sonics sure.. but he's got an affinity for flames that's so much worse than venom's it's not even funny... the only difference between them is that carnage is able to recover faster since his symbiote runs reserves all through his bloodstream and eddie never had that luxury...

Tha C-Master
as for the whole venom carnage thing....

running the risk of getting into another post for post slugfest with c-master... all I'm gonna say is this...

yes spiderman has beat down venom with his fists leaving venom in a bad situation.. but he's only done this twice.. once was during the venom agenda...
the second time was at pete's reunion and that wasn't eddie brock venom.. infact it was pretty clearly indicated that spiderman's punches were harming the host more psychologically than physically. I blame that due to lack of experience...

But let's recap.. venom in the venom agenda was physically weakened allready due to his cancer and surgery before the fight.. even then he was still BARELY able to feel spidey's punches until he threatened mary jane...

the point is... consistently spiderman completely fails to subdue venom with brute force and this is something that proves true 95% of the time. Venom HAS taken shots from juggy, hulk, and iron man, and got right back up... hell he's taken shots from a depowered supes... (yes that's been recognised by both marvel and dc in canon material.. and no I'm not completely serious in counting it.. just making a point). Ok I'm not arguing spiderman beating venom, just that he can hurt him... so you agree.

as with carnage vs. venom..
in maximum carnage, carnage was weakened.. but venom was more so.. he WAS barely able to stand (in the issue before that he collapses on the ground).. and carnage DID start that fight.. he only tried to recant that decision when he realized he was losing horribly.

to this date venom has beaten carnage on almost every occasion with the exception of carnage's first appearance...
each thime they've fought has been on equal footing and carnage still manages to lose.. I think.. for those exact reasons that venom stated.... But Carnage has always been fought with superior numbers, and I already agreed that more recently they've been shown at a draw.

My point is that Carnage has the superior symbiote.

finally.. someone said that carnage is more resistant to flames and sonics.. but I say NAY! carnage grew to be stronger against sonics sure.. but he's got an affinity for flames that's so much worse than venom's it's not even funny... the only difference between them is that carnage is able to recover faster since his symbiote runs reserves all through his bloodstream and eddie never had that luxury... Right Carnage is weaker against fire, brock through sonic's.... I agree...

jinzin
Ok I'm not arguing spiderman beating venom, just that he can hurt him... so you agree.

Yeah I agree.. the only question is "is it to any significant degree?"
while he's certainly inflicted pain on venom I'd have to say the answer is no.

But Carnage has always been fought with superior numbers, and I already agreed that more recently they've been shown at a draw.
depends on how you look at it.. the only time I remember him getting attacked by superior numbers when venom was there to fight him was in his first appearance, and one part of maximum carnage (which was in the middle of the series).. but he also had a TON of villains helping him in MC as well... so that's hard to call... I'd say carnage IS usually fought with superior numbers.. unless venom's around, sans first appearance.

My point is that Carnage has the superior symbiote.

agreed (sans current venom symbiote).... but he also has an inferior host.. I think that's his main problem...

kinda like venom now.. the symbiote SOOOOO much more powerful than it used to be.. but it doesn't have a host who knows how to use it like brock did so venom-villains keep failing vs. spiderman where as an inferior-symbioted brock trounced spiderman like it was his dayjob.. lol.
Right Carnage is weaker against fire, brock through sonic's.... I agree... wow.... that went a lot better than I thought it was going to.. laughing out loud

Sam Z
Wow, so not only did you ignore all my other points, but you constantly insist that a character in pain doesn't mean they are in pain? confused So characters words only apply when YOU want them to apply, it seems so.

I go by facts. Spider-man's punches never KOed Venom or even showed any effect except for yelling "ouch".

Now you are using different extremes of examples, Spiderman had Venom running for his life...
Wis his bare hands? When?

Yes he did, spiderman called them for backup, its in the history.
Now you are just making it up. Name the issue and #. Spider-man only called Torch for back up when he wanted to deal with Venom and FF saved Spider-man from Venom once again in other issue. Carnage NEVER fought Spider-man with FF.

Yes because he's not a killer (spiderman), and they teamed up on carnage in the park, when carnage was digging up his mother's grave, yet you constantly insist that Carnage was fighting at his best during that fight. Why?
I didn't said Carnage was fighting at his best if you read my posts. I said Venom was in worse shape than Carnage. Funny how you remember that they teamed against him but forget that Spider-man was fighting against Venom in warehouse and in the park to stop him from killing Carnage.

How was he in much worse shape? He appeared fine, spiderman was injured, and carnage was fleeing the entire time, he had no intent on even fighting Venom, he broke into his old cell and everything. If you call that a fair fight, then you're obviously biased.

By who?
Tortured for hours by Carnage and when Carnage appeared Venom wasn't even standing well. Remember? He tried to attack Spider-man but fell on the ground. He WAS in worse shape than Carnage.
He knew those blows would never finish carnage, Carnage even said he could see clearly now, and Brock did it before carnage came to full power.
Those blows would never finish him so that's why Spider-man had to save Carnage from these blows for a few times?

Carnage's symbiote is CHARACTERIZED to be faster and stronger, if you want to debate semantics..
Characterized is a good thing but still doesn't change fact that Venom did beat Carnage more often than Carnage beat Venom. And not even you ignoring that would change anything.
And again, why do only words matter when you want them to? Why does " I can't take him" matter, but "arrgh, or faster and stronger doesn't?

Hell all the symbiote spawn are upgrades to their parents.

Venom<Carnage<Toxin
Not when I want them to but when they are proven in comicbooks. This "<" system is useless when you have many comicbooks to prove it wrong.

He was hitting him, he only "finished him by nailing him into some generators.

Venom stalked and attacked a carnage that didn't want to fight... it would be like spiderman attacking a venom who didn't want to fight when brock was dying from cancer.

During "MC" Venom was beating him around for 2 issues before hitting generators. And he OBVIOUSLY WAS in MUCH worse shape than Carnage. Arguing that means arguing the facts.

"Its only a matter of time before that alpha gizmo wears off, better contact the avengers!"-Spiderman.

You just don't see the difference between "maximum carnage" and "on trial". Carnage was NOT weaken during the trial and still got his ass kicked hardly. And again Spider had to ask Venom to leave him alive.
I should have known better to argue with a guy with venom in his sig, not to be stereotypical, but Carnage did NOT want to engage anybody, not at all... he made some half assed efforts to defend himself, Carnage was growing stronger and Brock ended it by running him into regenerators..
First of all I don't have Venom in my sig. It's Kazuya if you pay attention. And I do NOT only say he wins because I like him more. As you see I brought many proofs. You again ignore that Venom was weak durind the fight. Carnage did tried to fight him but failed. Same happened in "trial" and in "V and C" and even during "Carnage unlished".

He didn't have the symbiote on him and was fighting to get it off?.
He had symbiuote but wasn't really fighting, only tried to reason with him.

He can't project them or other methods like that as well, he has less resistance to fire and sonics as well....
He has less resistanse to sonics but MUCH better to fire. It does not effect him much at all. You ignored that too.

He couldn't stand still, but he was fighting and laughing like a champ earlier in the post? Ok...

Carnage was laughing and fighting as well so? Venom really was barely standing, look at that issue again when his "son" appeared from the lake.
You've shown me your mind won't change, and that you are twisting the matches into your favor and are missing some key points of their history... but ah well.

I only showed many proofs of my words. You only showed that you prefer to believe what you read in directories but ignore many facts from books.
Once again for you.

"savage alliance" Carnage had an upper hand against Venom and Spider-man. Even there Venom was able to resist sonic attack for longer.
"MC" Both symbiotes were weak, Carnage had problems with his head but it didn't effected his speed and strentgth. Venom was barely standing and still kicked his ass.
"On trial" Venom and Carnage were both tracked by Spider, some agents and daredevil who were fighting against Venom as much as against Carnage. Venom beat the crap out of Carnage and was rewady to kill him but then desided to leave him alive.
"C and V" Venom overowered him in underground.
"unlished" they were fighting through the net. Carnage had experience of travelling through the net, Venom hadn't. But still they had a tie.
I don't need my mind to change since I proved all I said and
pointing that I think that Venom would win only because I'm his fan is low and useless too. I don't just say "he wins! He is so cool!"
I give proofs.

Sam Z

But Carnage has always been fought with superior numbers, and I already agreed that more recently they've been shown at a draw.

Not true. When Carnage appeared from the lake Spider-man wasn't even fighting. It was 1 on 1. Spider was just standing and whining "how Carnage fooled us all!"

In all other fights Carnage had other villians to help him. Or Spider was fighting against both symbiotes at the same time.

Jyppe
Btw, I just re-read The Mace and Venom's disguise doesn't work against his thermal vision mode, and the stuff the Mace guys shoot at him arent Plasma, they're lasers. Nearly not the same.

Sam Z
This happened a moment before Carnage appeared. Venom is in a MUCH worse shape than Carnage.

Sam Z
Yeah right, Carnage didn't even tried to fight Venom...

Sam Z
Look how he stands and waits untill Venom punches him. And pay attention how HELPFULL Spider-man is.

Darth Martin
Elder wins.

Sam Z

Sam Z
Spider-man actually fights Venom more than Carnage.

Sam Z
And not only in the hause but at the cemetry too, he had to save Carnage again.

Sam Z
Btw, I just re-read The Mace and Venom's disguise doesn't work against his thermal vision mode, and the stuff the Mace guys shoot at him arent Plasma, they're lasers. Nearly not the same.

Plasma works the same way as heat and it wont hurt him much.

A.J
Told you sam im watching in the shadows........... ninja

UltimateStryfe

that's cool.

AngryManatee
I'm going with Venom on this one. Definitely stronger, most definitely faster than the pred. Tryin to hit Venom would be the predator's downfall since his speed is comparable to Spider-Man's (ex: when carnage tosses that baby out of a window and they both go after him, with Venom successfully catching the baby)

I havent read the Predator comics in a while but the idea of Elders lifting tanks sounds like the biggest load of crap ever written in a comic. Preds are supposed to be badasses because they're cunning hunters and powerful (due to their size advantage compared to humans), but not so powerful as to be able to lift a tank.

AngryManatee
Also the Pred would want to preserve his honor (thanks to there stuck-upiness), so he'd have to match Venom weapon for weapon for it to be an honorable kill, and Venom doesn't use guns and blades.

AngryManatee
Just out of curiousity, when did elder preds become so damn strong? I have a comic book where an elder gets maced by one frickin drone alien.

Also the symbiote can alter the surface temperature of the hosts body. It did this to fake Eddie's death by covering and mimicking his skin so it was cold to the touch so he could escape from the morgue in the Vault.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.