Storm vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apolloknight
Bloodlust is on!!!!

Fight to the Death!!!

Takes place in Downtown New York!!!

Casulties do not matter!!!

Who Wins!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Bloodlust is on!!!!

Fight to the Death!!!

Takes place in Downtown New York!!!

Casulties do not matter!!!

Who Wins!!!

Magneto... He has the ability to form magnetic fields protecting him from Storms lightning attacks. That and he could use every car, pole, street light, garbage can etc. etc. to bash her in the face with into submission.

Mr. Universe
^it won't be as easy as Robtard puts it. she could as well freeze him in seconds. and they both can control emf's. she could actually cause him to be fatigued by manipulating the electrical signals in his brain. but more than likely magneto still wins.

her best bet would be to freeze him though, or blow him half way across the planet.

He-guy88
he rips the iron from her body its over

so sad she was a nice person

Apolloknight
Originally posted by He-guy88
he rips the iron from her body its over

so sad she was a nice person

I happen to think storm has a very good chance. Storm can control magnetic fields also, maybe not as good as magneto, but enough to mess up what he's trying to do for a few seconds, She could then rob his brain of all the electric signals in it, making him a vegetable.

Don't count her out to fast.

Mr. Universe
I happen to think storm has a very good chance. Storm can control magnetic fields also, maybe not as good as magneto, but enough to mess up what he's trying to do for a few seconds, She could then rob his brain of all the electric signals in it, making him a vegetable.

that's what i said! wink

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
that's what i said! wink smile

LOL, i know alot of people are going to side with magneto on this one, That was going to be the basis of my whole argument.

grey fox
Aren't they both de-powered ?

If so , Mag's wins.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by grey fox
Aren't they both de-powered ?

If so , Mag's wins.

Fighting in their Prime!!!!!!!!!

ExtraMision5555
i think storm could win this actually, who has more control over thier own powers is what i think it would come down to

ExtraMision5555

In thier prime?
magneto then, i think?

He-guy88

i wont say im counting her out but the way u explained that is the same thing mags could do to her as well its realy about if she could over power him at his own game witch i dont think she could do

Apolloknight
i wont say im counting her out but the way u explained that is the same thing mags could do to her as well its realy about if she could over power him at his own game witch i dont think she could do

I think Storm has a little more options with her powers, I think their are more ways for her to win then magneto has, plus she is an excellent strategist.

I still have it going 50/50 tho.

Robtard
smile

LOL, i know alot of people are going to side with magneto on this one, That was going to be the basis of my whole argument.

I'm siding with Magneto because even though they both have excellent offensive capabilities, he has better defense with his magnetic force fields that could possibly negate anything she could throw his way. That and it has been theorized in the comics that since all forms of energy are related he could possibly turn her lighting against her.

I didn't just say Magneto win's because he 'PWNS' or some crap like that, I gave you valid reasons. I have a feeling most people that will side with Magneto will do it for similar reasons as I stated.

He-guy88
I think Storm has a little more options with her powers, I think their are more ways for her to win then magneto has, plus she is an excellent strategist.

I still have it going 50/50 tho.

magneto has many was to win also the brain dead trick he can also do along with ripping the iron from her blood and with a littel work he could make her think what he wants her to by controling the emps in her brain so simply make her kill her self

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
^it won't be as easy as Robtard puts it. she could as well freeze him in seconds. and they both can control emf's. she could actually cause him to be fatigued by manipulating the electrical signals in his brain. but more than likely magneto still wins.

her best bet would be to freeze him though, or blow him half way across the planet.

His magnetic force fields protected him from the vacuum of space; I highly doubt a 200 mph (322 kph) freezing blizzard will do anything serious.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm siding with Magneto because even though they both have excellent offensive capabilities, he has better defense with his magnetic force fields that could possibly negate anything she could throw his way. That and it has been theorized in the comics that since all forms of energy are related he could possibly turn her lighting against her.

I didn't just say Magneto win's because he 'PWNS' or some crap like that, I gave you valid reasons. I have a feeling most people that will side with Magneto will do it for similar reasons as I stated.

Yes but she could also manipulate magnetic fields. Magneto could bring up his field and storm could "Maybe" weaken it enough to Get a Giant Lighting Bolt Through it.

Like I said, she has alot of Options with her powers.

He-guy88
Yes but she could also manipulate magnetic fields. Magneto could bring up his field and storm could "Maybe" weaken it enough to Get a Giant Lighting Bolt Through it.

magneto changes the lighting bolts path to hit her in sted

grey fox

Damn .

I would have loved to see Magneto and Storm in a fist fight...laughing

ExtraMision5555
Storm would usher in the 2nd ice age, burying the earth in snow in which magneto would put up a magnetic field around himself, averting death. Trapped in mounds of snow, Magneto would then starve to death

Storm wins 16/10

He-guy88
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Storm would usher in the 2nd ice age, burying the earth in snow in which magneto would put up a magnetic field around himself, averting death. Trapped in mounds of snow, Magneto would then starve to death

Storm wins 16/10

that would work if mags dident open a worm hole and throw her in it already

Robtard

Her ability to use powers similar to his are far less than his ability to use powers similar to hers lighting/magnetic wise. If it came down to a lighting/magnetic war, he is on the top of that game there.

Robtard

Storm wins 16/10

I hope you weren't serious with that.... You realize what he can move with his fields? Try a frikkin oil tanker when he's in his prime.
That and I doubt she could bring on an iceage that quick smile

Creshosk
Magneto

"sleep"
"magnetic trick?"
"I basically slowed the flow of copper to his brain."

AOA I know, but no reason 616 Mags(with powers) couldn't do the same, since he basically grabbed a whole bunch of mutants and held them inplace using their blood's copper... including Storm.

Apolloknight
I hope you weren't serious with that.... You realize what he can move with his fields? Try a frikkin oil tanker when he's in his prime.
That and I doubt she could bring on an iceage that quick smile

Storm does have the power to effect the world on a global scale, bringing on an Ice Age or summoning a giant hurricane is not out of her reach.

But i doubt she would have time to do it, even still she wouldn't need to do it, I don't think magneto's thoughts and reflex's are fast enough to stop a lighting bolt.

Creshosk
Storm does have the power to effect the world on a global scale, bringing on an Ice Age or summoning a giant hurricane is not out of her reach.

But i doubt she would have time to do it, even still she wouldn't need to do it, I don't think magneto's thoughts and reflex's are fast enough to stop a lighting bolt. Are his reflexes equal to hers for being able to summon one?

He-guy88

But i doubt she would have time to do it, even still she wouldn't need to do it, I don't think magneto's thoughts and reflex's are fast enough to stop a lighting bolt.

he can stop bullets now lighting is faster then that but u never know
but any ways he would just throw her through a worm hole in the begining close it and its over

Apolloknight
Originally posted by grey fox
Damn .

I would have loved to see Magneto and Storm in a fist fight...laughing

Magneto walks up to storm with his fist up.

Takes a look at her.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TurnerStorm.jpg

And says "What the hell were we fighting for again"

She then kicks him in the groin.

Storm in a fist fight.......................50/10

He-guy88
Originally posted by Creshosk
Are his reflexes equal to hers for being able to summon one?

i belive i get what ur saying and ur right

Apolloknight
he can stop bullets now lighting is faster then that but u never know
but any ways he would just throw her through a worm hole in the begining close it and its over

She can also stop bullets.

Options......

Robtard

He wouldn't need to stop it, it would hit his shield and then he could either let it dissipate or possibly redirect it at her. I think he win's mainly due to his better defense capabilities against her offensive ones.

Apolloknight
He wouldn't need to stop it, it would hit his shield and then he could either let it dissipate or possibly redirect it at her. I think he win's mainly due to his better defense capabilities against her offensive ones.

But Storm could weaken or bring down his shields, remember she can control the EM spectrum also, maybe not as good as him, but enough to use his power against him, same way you guys are saying he could use her power against her.

Only thing is, I don't think Magneto could summon a wind storm, or a blizzard.

Options......

He-guy88
But Storm could weaken or bring down his shields, remember she can control the EM spectrum also, maybe not as good as him, but enough to use his power against him, same way you guys are saying he could use her power against her.

Options......

not as good as him so she would prob not be able to put his sheaild down or weaken him at least not enough to do damange him

ExtraMision5555
Unless magneto brought a sack lunch, hes just not winning

storm holds the marvel universe together

Robtard

Options......

My point is.... She needs to beat him at what he's best at to even have a chance and I do not see that happening before she gets a car, pole, fire hydrant etc. etc. in the face. If she doesn't try to weaken his fields and just attacks, lightning, wind, ice, rain and snow will do absolutely nothing to his fields. His magnetic fields are incredibly strong, as I said; they are strong enough to keep him safe in the vacuum of space. It comes down to better defense in this fight and Magneto has that over Storm.

Robtard
Unless magneto brought a sack lunch, hes just not winning

storm holds the marvel universe together

Care to elaborate your claim? I'd be interested in hearing how she win's in your mind. Seriously.

He-guy88
not as good as him so she would prob not be able to put his sheaild down or weaken him at least not enough to do damange him

Creshosk

Options......

What options?

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/1345/fatalattractionspt3uncannyxmen.th.jpg

magneto1992

Storm wins 16/10
Good but not goog enogh she needs to take some time so that the same that will take to magneto to magneto (or lest) to brain dead her, kill her with some metal near, stop her blood ciculatonsned her to another dimmension by a worm hole, take her skeleton out like he did with wolverine (of course this has to be the Comic Magneto to this)

Robtard
Originally posted by Creshosk
What options?

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/1345/fatalattractionspt3uncannyxmen.th.jpg

Excellent point, but I doubt he would have to resort to the 'metal in blood' option, which I personally think is kinda cheesy.

He-guy88
Excellent point, but I doubt he would have to resort to the 'metal in blood' option, which I personally think is kinda cheesy.

cheesy yep but also effective

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by magneto1992
Good but not goog enogh she needs to take some time so that the same that will take to magneto to magneto (or lest) to brain dead her, kill her with some metal near, stop her blood ciculatonsned her to another dimmension by a worm hole, take her skeleton out like he did with wolverine (of course this has to be the Comic Magneto to this)

Unless storms bones are laced with metal, i am sure her skeleton will remain intact

He-guy88
Unless storms bones are laced with metal, i am sure her skeleton will remain intact

thats true but other then that he just pointed out plenty of ways for magneto to gain the win

Apolloknight
I think this battle is won within the first 2 or 3 seconds, whatever happens it wouldnt last long.

A. magneto takes possesion of storms iron or cuts off her blood.

B. Storm robs magneto of his eletric brain signals

C. Or a battle of will power, Magneto brings up his shield, storm weakens it, Storm summons a lighting bolt, magneto redirects it, etc etc.

Apolloknight
I think this battle is won within the first 2 or 3 seconds, whatever happens it wouldnt last long.

A. magneto takes possesion of storms iron or cuts off her blood.

C. Or a battle of will power, Magneto brings up his shield, storm weakens it, Storm summons a lighting bolt, magneto redirects it, etc etc.

Of course Options A. and B. make for a boring fight, I would rather see who wins in Option C.

Black Adam

I've seen mags do this

never seen this.
when did storm ever do something like this?

He-guy88
Originally posted by Black Adam
I've seen mags do this

never seen this.
when did storm ever do something like this?

well imo mags would do that to her

magneto1992
Magneto agasnt her is just a joke, look he picks her created a worm hole and send her to Nickelodeons world and then Danny Phantom takes
her out with the Ghost Well.

diabloman
storms lightning cant do jack to magneto. he can absorb electricity

Apolloknight
Storms Powers

Ororo is a mutant with the psionic ability of atmokinesis--the ability to manipulate the weather over the entire planet. When controlling weather elements, her eyes illuminate a white color and aura. She can manifest any degree of wind, temperature, lightning, storm, and all manner of precipitation, tornadoes and hurricanes. Storm actually has the ability to affect the weather on a cosmic scale, but does not because she is very environmentally conscious. Storm has been known to create cosmic turbulence when a Sentinel was about to affect the Earth with a gamma gun to draw a solar flare from the sun to the Earth.

Storm is immune to all effects of weather: her body changes to compensate for the extremes she engineered; i.e. her body temperature would rise as she caused her surroundings to become cold. She has the ability to project, focus and aim force blasts of extreme electrical bolts from her hands or the sky using her elemental powers. Storm can alter her visual perceptions so as to see electrical energy patterns in an object and in the air as well as other energies that deal with the weather. She can also change the body temperature of anyone by manipulating that temperature and lowering or raising it. The temperature manipulation of the human body also gives her the stunning ability to drain the electrical energy from mutants brainwaves that will literally cause them to lose power. At times, she has been able to use her ability to manipulate wind in a manner that resembles telekinesis, lifting massive objects and hurling them against opponents. By manipulating the winds Storm can fly at incredible heights and speeds. She has even been known to stop projectiles such as bullets by using her ability to manipulate the wind and could accelerate her breathing as well. Not only can she stop most physical attacks with her powers, but she can also generate electric fields, magnetic fields, high-density pressure fields, and even electromagnetic fields. Storm once even generated an electrolysis field underwater to surround herself and her teamates with a globe of oxygen in their proximity. Aside from the abilities granted by her mutation, Ororo is highly intelligent and an able strategist and field commander of the X-Men. She also has some minor telepathic defenses (creating intense electrical currents) and most physical defenses (strong pressure domes that can cut through a mountain and withstand a metal bat). Storm has empathy/infinity for the earth-and apparently the entire universe. She is aware of every living thing and could even "sense" if a tree is ill.

Storm also has been able to control solar wind and ocean currents.

Her days as a thief have given her mastery of skills normally used by professional thieves, such as stealth, breaking into heavilly fortified areas and picking locks (she always keeps a set of lockpicks in whatever current costume she wears). She is also an excellent combatant in both armed and unarmed combat, having been instructed by Wolverine.

------------------------

Please dont just write Storm off, she has the potential to take down Magneto. Tho I still think Magneto would take 6/10, Storm will get a few in there.

magneto1992

Apolloknight

magneto1992
Well yeah but Magneto still best From all this I can tell you he can move separate parts of a body so my Idea of the skeleton still works

Apolloknight
Originally posted by magneto1992
Well yeah but Magneto still best From all this I can tell you he can move separate parts of a body so my Idea of the skeleton still works

Err Storms Skeleton is not Metal, he could manipulate her blood, and just as fast she can make him a vegetable.

Robtard
Thats good and all, and I'll even help you out a bit, here are some more of his powers, note the bold part......

More of Magnetos Power

With the primal forces of nature at his command, Magneto has stopped armies, moved mountains, and threatened to devastate the world with apocalyptic floods and earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed the entire globe with a self-generated electromagnetic pulse that caused widespread devastation. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances). It could also be that he can both naturally generate and draw on the earth's magnetic field to increase his power, effectively making him both a reservoir and a conduit. However, the same power-level mutant, Storm, arguably also one of the most powerful mutants, can counter abnormal global magnetic alterations (by Magneto), albeit almost causing her death since electrical energy is only a branch of her vast meteorological scope.

OK??? So she tries to counter Magneto's most powerful moves and she almost dies... Not sure that's a good thing in a fight to be weakened to the point of death. Do you think Magneto will wait while she takes a time out to recover? Point proven, she has some control over what he can do, but not on the same level.

So it come's down to who can better defend themselves against each others attacks and Magneto clearly can. So in the end he'd would win the majority if not all of the 1 on 1's.

Apolloknight
OK??? So she tries to counter Magneto's most powerful moves and she almost dies... Not sure that's a good think in a fight to be weakened to the point of death. Do you think Magneto will wait while she takes a time out to recover? Point proven, she has some control over what he can do, but not on the same level.

So it come's down to who can better defend themselves against each others attacks and Magneto clearly can.

ROFL, your forgeting one point, If magneto tried to use an attack like this, it would take him an extrandinary amout of time to do it, storm destorys him before that happens.

The reason why I posted that is, if she could stop his Planet effecting powers, she should have NO problem taking down his shield.

He-guy88
OK??? So she tries to counter Magneto's most powerful moves and she almost dies... Not sure that's a good thing in a fight to be weakened to the point of death. Do you think Magneto will wait while she takes a time out to recover? Point proven, she has some control over what he can do, but not on the same level.

So it come's down to who can better defend themselves against each others attacks and Magneto clearly can. So in the end he'd would win the majority if not all of the 1 on 1's.

correct thats like flash and superman just cause superman is fast it dont make him as fast as flash

Apolloknight
correct thats like flash and superman just cause superman is fast it dont make him as fast as flash

No, not really the same thing

Storm and Magneto can negate or hinder one another's powers.

My thing is storm has more options, her powers extend beyond the EM spectrum.

Robtard
ROFL, your forgeting one point, If magneto tried to use an attack like this, it would take him an extrandinary amout of time to do it, storm destorys him before that happens.

The reason why I posted that is, if she could stop his Planet effecting powers, she should have NO problem taking down his shield.

Laugh it up... Do you really think Magneto would waste his power trying to do something world wide just to kill her? The answer is 'No', just as she wouldn't try to freeze the entire planet to kill him. These scenarios you describe are bordering on retard level, trust me, I know. If anything your post proved that she isn't as powerful as he is in the powers he specializes in. His F'ing name isn't MAGNETO because he controls the power of the rainbow.

Not sure how many times I can tell you that to get pasted his defenses (magnetic force fields) she would have to attack him on his level (magnetically) and she isn't nearly as powerful as he is when it comes to that. So, by wasting her time and energy trying to beat him at HIS OWN GAME, she would leave herself open to anyone of his moves, i.e. a car or something large and metallic to the face.

Lets break it down.. She could

Hit him with a 300+mph wind storm: Server says: Force Fields win
Hit him with a freezing blizzard: Servey says: Force Fields win
Hit him with with a twisty tornado: Servey says: Force Fields win
Hit him with with a moist monsoon: Servey says: Force Fields win
Hit him with with a hurricane Katrina X10: Servey says: Force Fields win
Hit him with lightning bolts: Server says: Force Fields win and possible counter by Magneto with the bolts energy
Hit him with a winter wonderland of snowy delight: Server says: Force Fileds win

He-guy88
No, not really the same thing

Storm and Magneto can negate or hinder one another's powers.

My thing is storm has more options, her powers extend beyond the EM spectrum.

i dont think she is as powerful as magneto in the electro magnetics department so that means his feilds protect him but she cant take them down because he has a better control over em spectrum

Apolloknight
Laugh it up... Do you really think Magneto would waste his power trying to do something world wide just to kill her? Just as she wouldn't try to freeze the entire planet to kill him. These scenarios you describe are bordering on retard level, trust me, I know. If anything your post proved that she isn't as powerful as he is in the powers he specializes in. His F'ing name isn't MAGNETO because he controls the power of the rainbow.

Not sure how many times I can tell you that to get pasted his defenses (magnetic force fields) she would have to attack him on his level (magnetically) and she isn't nearly as powerful as he is when it comes to that. So, by wasting her time and energy trying to beat him at HIS OWN GAME, she would leave herself open to anyone of his moves, i.e. a car or something large and metallic to the face.

I never said whe would attempt to do anything to world wide, nor would he, what i wanted to prove is that storm can Counter his world-wide powers.

Some of the arguments where that Storm would not be able to get around his defenses, this proves that she can, for if she can stop his Godly world wide powers, taking down his shield, for even a split second, should be no problem.

Also if its an aerial battle, storm has the advantage, for the simple fact she is MUCH faster the magneto in the air. Dodging cars should not be to much of a problem for her.

Robtard
I never said whe would attempt to do anything to world wide, nor would he, what i wanted to prove is that storm can Counter his world-wide powers.

Some of the arguments where that Storm would not be able to get around his defenses, this proves that she can, for if she can stop his Godly world wide powers, taking down his shield, for even a split second, should be no problem.

Also if its an aerial battle, storm has the advantage, for the simple fact she is MUCH faster the magneto in the air. Dodging cars should not be to much of a problem for her.

Your own post say that she isn't an expert in the EM specturm and in fact it has almost killed her trying to match his might in that field.

I'm not argueing that she couldn't get pasted his defense so much as she couldn't easily do it since it is his power forte and such action would leave her exposed to his attacks. I'll put it in bullet points this time, maybe it will make sense to you that way.

1) All of her weather attacks will do nothing against his defenses
2) She has to get through his defenses to win
3) His powers/defenses are magnetism
3) She's 2nd rate compared to him in the magnetism department

What do those 4 points mean to you?

I'll give you a related example; who would win in a raging who can get angrier faster and stay angier longer and harder between hese two angry guys?

1) Wolverine
2) Hulk

Moral of the story, do not bring a one legged guy to an ass kicking contest.

Lethal_Rise
"able to control and create all forms of precipitation, lightning and even the wind which allows her to fly. Invulnerable to the effects of the weather and extreme heat and cold."

her powers can't b used against her. jus pointin it out. i'm sure storm would find a way to victory (and I'm not just saying that 'cuz storms african and magneto's white)

He-guy88
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
"able to control and create all forms of precipitation, lightning and even the wind which allows her to fly. Invulnerable to the effects of the weather and extreme heat and cold."

her powers can't b used against her. jus pointin it out. i'm sure storm would find a way to victory (and I'm not just saying that 'cuz storms african and magneto's white)

no but his powers can be and he can control em on a dif lv then her

Robtard
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise

Never said he'd HAVE to use her powers against. He has his own powers to kill her with, several of them. The most lame being the iron in the blood thing. Besides saying "I'm sure she'd find a way." Come up with one that makes logical sense based on what we know of her and her powers.

Not trying to be an ass, but anyone can say that about any fight, like me saying 'I'm sure the Punisher could come up with a way of beating Thanos.'

He-guy88
Never said he'd HAVE to use her powers against. He has his own powers to kill her with, several of them. The most lame being the iron in the blood thing. Besides saying "I'm sure she'd find a way." Come up with one that makes logical sense based on what we know of her and her powers.

Not trying to be an ass, but anyone can say that about any fight, like me saying 'I'm sure the Punisher could come up with a way of beating Thanos.'

Lame Agree'ed But effective

Apolloknight
Your own post say that she isn't an expert in the EM specturm and in fact it has almost killed her trying to match his might in that field.

I'm not argueing that she couldn't get pasted his defense so much as she couldn't easily do it since it is his power forte and such action would leave her exposed to his attacks. I'll put it in bullet points this time, maybe it will make sense to you that way.

1) All of her weather attacks will do nothing against his defenses
2) She has to get through his defenses to win
3) His powers/defenses are magnetism
3) She's 2nd rate compared to him in the magnetism department

What do those 4 points mean to you?

I'll give you a related example; who would win in a raging who can get angrier faster and stay angier longer and harder between hese two angry guys?

1) Wolverine
2) Hulk

Moral of the story, do not bring a one legged guy to an ass kicking contest.

I hear what you are saying 100%, Storm is not as good as magneto when it come to the EM spectrum, Now listen to this.

1. Magneto brings up his shield, and begins to lunch cars, trash cans and whatever else at her

2. her being able to fly 300mph+ easily dodges these

3. She tampers with his shields just enough, to get through it and drop his internal body temperature to below freezing. She could probably do this anyway with his Shields up due to the fact she doesn't have fire any sort of projectile for this, she does this mentally, not to their mind but their body, magneto's helmet doesn't work here.

4. Magneto under strain can use his powers to his full potential.

Point: She does not have to be better then Magneto at his own game, Just good enough to be able to hinder it or get around it. Sorta like a street fight, just because a fighter has greater strength, doesn't mean he can't have his strength used against him.

For example, every one of Magnetos attacks storm should be able to somehow interfere with it, or hinder it, However, Magneto could not, control wind, cold, precipitation etc. He could only effect her lighting attacks.

It would be a giant chess game. And i know magneto could just cut off her blood, but storm cut just cut off his electric impulses, that wouldn't make this argument fun however.

Robtard
I hear what you are saying 100%, Storm is not as good as magneto when it come to the EM spectrum, Now listen to this.

1. Magneto brings up his shield, and begins to lunch cars, trash cans and whatever else at her

2. her being able to fly 300mph+ easily dodges these

3. She tampers with his shields just enough, to get through it and drop his internal body temperature to below freezing. She could probably do this anyway with his Shields up due to the fact she doesn't have fire any sort of projectile for this, she does this mentally, not to their mind but their body, magneto's helmet doesn't work here.

4. Magneto under strain can use his powers to his full potential.

Point: She does not have to be better then Magneto at his own game, Just good enough to be able to hinder it or get around it. Sorta like a street fight, just because a fighter has greater strength, doesn't mean he can't have his strength used against him.

For example, every one of Magnetos attacks storm should be able to somehow interfere with it, or hinder it, However, Magneto could not, control wind, cold, precipitation etc. He could only effect her lighting attacks.

It would be a giant chess game. And i know magneto could just cut off her blood, but storm cut just cut off his electric impulses, that wouldn't make this argument fun however.

No, she couldn't do a single thing to him without breaking through his shields. As I stated about 2-3 pages ago, his shields are powerful enough to fully protect him from the vacuum of space. No amount of cold or wind force she could muster would equal that.

Besides, she wouldn't be dodging a few cars, that guy would have all the metal of a city block at his disposal, use your imagination. He has also stopped bullets and sent them flying back at his attackers witth equal speed, his projectiles would be slow moving is the point. She would have to divert all her focus on defensive dodging just to stay alive.

Apolloknight
No, she couldn't do a single thing to him without breaking through his shields. As I stated about 2-3 pages ago, his shields are powerful enough to fully protect him from the vacuum of space. No amount of cold or wind force she could muster would equal that.

Besides, she wouldn't be dodging a few cars, that guy would have all the metal of a city block at his disposal, use your imagination. He has also stopped bullets and sent them flying back at his attackers witth equal speed, his projectiles would be slow moving is the point. She would have to divert all her focus on defensive dodging just to stay alive.

Now this is what is arguable, since she can also manipulate the EM spectrum, she would not have to bring his shields down to, lets say, hit him with a bolt of lighting. Lets say she tampers with it just enough, for her the drop the air inside the shield to near absolute zero, or create a Down-force of wind that sends him flying to the earth at terminal velocity. We all know storm could do something of that nature in the blink of an eye

We all know magneto were's his helmet to block out phycis, therefore his shield must be ineffective against attacks of the mental nature.

This is why im saying she might not even have to drop his shields to effect the air inside it, or his own body temp, for she does these things mentally.

Swanky-Tuna
He could probably resist that by maintaining the energy within his body.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He could probably resist that by maintaining the energy within his body.

Resist what, the immidiate air around him being dropped to near absolute zero in a matter of seconds?

He-guy88
Resist what, the immidiate air around him being dropped to near absolute zero in a matter of seconds?

yes he could simply raise his body temp

Apolloknight
yes he could simply raise his body temp

no expression

Do you realize how cold absolute zero is? This isnt the spot in which water turns to ice.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah. Basically he keeps the heat within his body from escaping into the freezing air.

He-guy88
no expression

Do you realize how cold absolute zero is? This isnt the spot in which water turns to ice.

i understand does not prevent him from doing this though

Apolloknight
Yeah. Basically he keeps the heat within his body from escaping into the freezing air.

no expression

80% of the human body is water.......Flash Freeze?

Good luck living against a temp of near -273.15C!

He-guy88
no expression

Good luck living against a temp of near -273.15!

he could keep his body temp up its like keeping a heavy blanket on in 36 degree weather just a bigger blanket inside of himself and cloder weather cool

Apolloknight
he could keep his body temp up its like keeping a heavy blanket on in 36 degree weather just a bigger blanket inside of himself and cloder weather cool

Yeah, water freeze's at 32 degrees farinheight. Absolute Zero is -459.67 degrrees farinheight. confused

All motion and kientic energy is ceased at Absolute Zero, Magneto wouldnt even be able to think......

He-guy88
Yeah, water freeze's at 32 degrees farinheight. Absolute Zero is -459.67 degrrees farinheight. confused

All motion and kientic energy is ceased at Absolute Zero, Magneto wouldnt even be able to think......

thats y it could never reach 0 u see as long as he can keep his energy moveing 0 could never be reached

Apolloknight
thats y it could never reach 0 u see as long as he can keep his energy moveing 0 could never be reached

He wouldnt have a choice......are you kidding me!!!!

Swanky-Tuna
no expression

Honestly... It's cold air... It won't absorb the heat out of his body because he won't let it. Do you have an idea how much power it takes to create a wormhole? It boggles the mind.

That's why seconds are more than enough time for him to create a kind of barrier to protect him from the cold.

Really, I think he could just let it happen because by the time the air is getting nippy Storm will be on the verge of a coma and convulsing from asphyxiation.

He-guy88
He wouldnt have a choice......are you kidding me!!!!

how as long as he keeps his feild up and keeps it up that right their prevents it from reaching 0 u see not because it keeps her powers out but because he can get the energy in the feild to become hotter so 0 could not be reached now that being said its easyer to heat then cool because all cold is is the absent of heat so he could replace the heat as she takes it away just by increasing the heat of the feild cool

Apolloknight
how as long as he keeps his feild up and keeps it up that right their prevents it from reaching 0 u see not because it keeps her powers out but because he can get the energy in the feild to become hotter so 0 could not be reached now that being said its easyer to heat then cool because all cold is is the absent of heat so he could replace the heat as she takes it away just by increasing the heat of the feild cool

She could Flash freeze the water in his body, MENTALLY his magnetic field would not matter.

Apolloknight
Honestly... It's cold air... It won't absorb the heat out of his body because he won't let it. Do you have an idea how much power it takes to create a wormhole? It boggles the mind.

That's why seconds are more than enough time for him to create a kind of barrier to protect him from the cold.

Really, I think he could just let it happen because by the time the air is getting nippy Storm will be on the verge of a coma and convulsing from asphyxiation.

He creates a worm hole by opening up a void into another dimension, this has nothing to do with heat. There is absolutely no way he can survive if the water in his body was Flash Frozen down to Absolute Zero, I mean, he would literally, have to become a Star......

He-guy88
She could Flash freeze the water in his body, MENTALLY his magnetic field would not matter.

Storm cant just go around flash frezzeing like iceman she has to summon it and by the time she does its over cause mags rips her in half
or takes her mind or something to that effect

Apolloknight
Storm cant just go around flash frezzeing like iceman she has to summon it and by the time she does its over cause mags rips her in half
or takes her mind or something to that effect

Back to this again, This is not what we were arguing, we were just arguing if storm could flash freeze magneto, you lost, and decided to go back to "He just rips her in half, blah blah blah"

Well how bout Storm can Short Circuit his nervous system from the start of battle, now what?

I cant wait to hear this...... What the f**k?

He-guy88
Back to this again, This is not what we were arguing, we were just arguing if storm could flash freeze magneto, you lost, and decided to go back to "He just rips her in half, blah blah blah"

Well how bout Storm can Short Circuit his nervous system from the start of battle, now what?

I cant wait to hear this...... What the f**k?

no i agree that she could flash freeze him but only if done fast enough
i was not loesing anythig just mearly pointing what would happen if she tryed to flash freeze him and he is the master of the entire em spectrum what prevents him from doing that to her as for her doing it to him no way she could over power him in a battel of em control

Apolloknight
no i agree that she could flash freeze him but only if done fast enough
i was not loesing anythig just mearly pointing what would happen if she tryed to flash freeze him and he is the master of the entire en spectrum what prevents him from doing that to her as for her doing it to him no way she could over power him in a battel of em control

no expression

Im going to bed now.....

He-guy88
no expression

Im going to bed now.....

good night

Swanky-Tuna
He creates a worm hole by opening up a void into another dimension, this has nothing to do with heat. There is absolutely no way he can survive if the water in his body was Flash Frozen down to Absolute Zero, I mean, he would literally, have to become a Star......
Opening a wormhole doesn't have to do with heat but it shows how much energy Magneto can command. In fact, this method of resistance is similar to the way Storm resists her own weather effects except he's manually raising his body temperature. Possibly even halting the process before it gets to near absolute zero, then complete zero, like you've been toting. He has hijacked her storms before.

Metalmanx
I love Storm as much as the next person, but Magneto can and will literally rip her apart within the first split second of the fight. She can't harm at all in the amount of time it takes for him to kill her.

There is a reason why Magneto is credited with being pretty much the only X-men villian that can take on the entire roster of the X-men and still prevail.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I love Storm as much as the next person, but Magneto can and will literally rip her apart within the first split second of the fight. She can't harm at all in the amount of time it takes for him to kill her.

There is a reason why Magneto is credited with being pretty much the only X-men villian that can take on the entire roster of the X-men and still prevail.

cosigned

Robtard
no expression

Once again, his shields protect him from SPACE (very, very, very, very cold) If his shields protect him from the vacuum of space she certainly isn't going to affect the air within his shields without taking them down first and to do that she has to beat him at what he's best at, magnetism.

Someone else also brought up the a good point, Magento has taken down the entire X-Men solo at times, with Storm being one of the X-Men on the team. If she could have simply stopped him by mentally getting passed his defenses, she would have.

ExtraMision5555
Once again, his shields protect him from SPACE (very, very, very, very cold) If his shields protect him from the vacuum of space she certainly isn't going to affect the air within his shields without taking them down first and to do that she has to beat him at what he's best at, magnetism.

Could she manipulate the air withinn his magnetic shield?

Robtard
Originally posted by Metalmanx

That's what I said in the first page of the post...

Apolloknight

I hear what you are saying, but my Theory is that, Magneto wears his helmet to block out phyics, his shield has no effect against mental attacks, unless someone can prove me wrong on this.

Therefore his shield cannot stop attacks from the mind, Storm Should mentally be able to manipulate the air within his shield, with her mind. Or she should still be able to effect his body temp with her mind.

Heck, if his shield stops every thing from entering or exiting, he should not be able to hear or see anything, for then it would stop sound and light, but it doesnt........

Apolloknight

Dont get me wrong, i still think magneto would take 6 to 7/10, but I still believe she could get a few in there.

Metalmanx

Because you are smart.

Robtard
I hear what you are saying, but my Theory is that, Magneto wears his helmet to block out phyics, his shield has no effect against mental attacks, unless someone can prove me wrong on this.

Therefore his shield cannot stop attacks from the mind, Storm Should mentally be able to manipulate the air within his shield, with her mind. Or she should still be able to effect his body temp with her mind.

Heck, if his shield stops every thing from entering or exiting, he should not be able to hear or see anything, for then it would stop sound and light, but it doesnt........

You make a decent point with the 'mental' aspect of it, but if she could get through his shield because her mental powers are sufficient, she would have easily stopped him in the countless times he fought and took down the X-Men. So based on that, I do not believe her powers give her that option. So I say Magneto 1 Vs 1 with Storm is a Magneto win 10 for 10 unless she catches him with his pants down.

Apolloknight
You make a decent point with the 'mental' aspect of it, but if she could get through his shield because her mental powers are sufficient, she would have easily stopped him in the countless times he fought and took down the X-Men. So based on that, I do not believe her powers give her that option. So I say Magneto 1 Vs 1 with Storm is a Magneto win 10 for 10 unless she catches him with his pants down.

Yeah, thats what makes this whole arguement difficult for me. The fact that magneto has owned all of the X-men at once puts me at a disadvantage.

I look at Storms Powers and thing "WTF, she's a beast, how come she never shows it".

I dont know, maybe im fighting a losing battle.

Whittdawg92
Storm would give Magneto a second Holocaust at full power. She would destroy the planet if she went full power FYI, she can affect weather all over the world.

Robtard
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
Storm would give Magneto a second Holocaust at full power. She would destroy the planet if she went full power FYI, she can affect weather all over the world.

Not the issue.... Can her weather powers get pasted his defenses is. And, it appears they can't. So she goes down.

rox
Magneto... He has the ability to form magnetic fields protecting him from Storms lightning attacks. That and he could use every car, pole, street light, garbage can etc. etc. to bash her in the face with into submission.

she can use the wind to blow the cars away. and if she starts spinning lighting everywhere like she did in x-3 he would not stand a chance cause he can't block them all. then she could spin the tornados

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by rox
she can use the wind to blow the cars away. and if she starts spinning lighting everywhere like she did in x-3 he would not stand a chance cause he can't block them all. then she could spin the tornados
He couldn't block them but he could let them hit him and then use the energy he absorbs to boost his powers.

Whittdawg92
I'm surprised I didn't get in trouble for that Holocaust joke. Storm seriously wins, magneto couldn't destroy the planet, magneto can't create whirlwinds, magneto can't create a second ice age.

Grimm22
Hmm erm

This is a VERY close match.

Storm at full potentiontal could prove to be more dangerous than Magneto at full potentional. no expression

Both could destroy earth as we know it.

Its WAY to close to call

Whittdawg92
supposedly, magneto and storm have been "holding back" forever. whatever happened to staying classic? Storm is way underestimated.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm surprised I didn't get in trouble for that Holocaust joke. Storm seriously wins, magneto couldn't destroy the planet, magneto can't create whirlwinds, magneto can't create a second ice age.
He couldn't destablizing every volcano on Earth and blot out the sun with soot?

ExtraMision5555
i think this is actually a close one too, ide say im leaning towards magento but then i think of storms colossal rawness, good fight i think

Sea King

are u awear that the cloder it gets the more powerful magneto becomes??

remember magnets get cold enough they become super magnets

Whittdawg92
really? I didn't nkow that! awesome!!! I'm gonna go freeze some magnets.

branhole
thats hella cool, im doing it to.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Sea King
are u awear that the cloder it gets the more powerful magneto becomes??

remember magnets get cold enough they become super magnets

Hmm, I highly doubt magneto could survive tempatures that storm can produce, he does posses human durability.

Whittdawg92
Hmm, I highly doubt magneto could survive tempatures that storm can produce, he does posses human durability. true... but he does have shield, which can b broken.

Robtard
confused to the 50th power... Did we not learn anything...

Sea King
confused to the 50th power... Did we not learn anything...

huh?

Robtard
huh?

Oh nothing, people keep bringing up shit that's pretty much been dismissed in the 1-4 pages of this thread... Like 'Storm will use wind to blow him away and use lightning to kill Magneto' etc. etc.

Sea King
Oh nothing, people keep bringing up shit that's pretty much been dismissed in the 1-4 pages of this thread... Like 'Storm will use wind to blow him away and use lightning to kill Magneto' etc. etc.

ah ok

Apolloknight
I look at it like this

Magneto- Godly Power of the EM spectrum

Storm- Godly Power of the Worlds Weather......and A decent grip on the EM spectrum

sad

Sea King
I look at it like this

Magneto- Godly Power of the EM spectrum

Storm- Godly Power of the Worlds Weather......and A decent grip on the EM spectrum

sad

not as good as a grip as magneto has on the em spectrum pluse mags could summon lighting to

batdude123

You're right, Magneto could create a wormhole or a blackhole. no expression

Apolloknight
not as good as a grip as magneto has on the em spectrum pluse mags could summon lighting to

*whoooossssh* huh

Sea King
*whoooossssh* huh

what???

batdude123
For all who doubt Magneto's abilities, here ya go:

Powers and abilities:
Arguably the most powerful being on the planet, Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power of magnetokinesis.

Magnetokinesis: Magneto can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances). It could also be that he can both naturally generate and draw on the earth's magnetic field to increase his power, effectively making him both a reservoir and a conduit.

As the Master of Magnetism, he can: lift, move, and alter objects (sometimes weighing many thousands of tons) through magnetic force alone, manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, control ferrous particles in the atmosphere (even the very air), alter the Earth's magnetic field which extends into space as the Magnetosphere, increase his own strength to the extent of being able to exchange blows with at least Colossus, erect electro-magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability (protecting himself or others from almost any psionic, energy, or physical attack), and achieve an indefinite range of other effects. Although Magneto does not posess the mutant ability to fly, he wears boots with metal heels, allowing him to "fly" by manipulating magnetic fields.

Magneto's power is for all practical purposes limitless. With the primal forces of nature at his command, Magneto has stopped armies, raised islands from ocean floors, moved mountains and threatened to devastate the world with apocalypitc floods and earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed half the globe with a self-generated electro-magnetic pulse that caused widespread devasation.

Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Magnus is tied very closely to the Earth's EM Field. As is it effected, so is he. He knows instinctively all that happens to it, and with this link is granted an odd sort of immortality. The Earth lends him strength by it's simple existence. He draws on it all unconsciously.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of magnetic forces. When his powers are not at their peak, he appears to have greater difficulty controlling forces other than magnetism.

Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal forcefield that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His forcefield has withstood the affects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruption, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-men, as well as Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus. It is possible he is changing the energy of the attacks, rather than simply blunting their impact. Magneto seems to be able to sense the changes in energy fields that predict such attacks, allowing him to shield energy attacks as fast as lasers despite having little or no warning.
Electro-magnetic Sight: By concentrating Magneto can perceive the world around himself solely as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings, as well.
Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. He can fire, absorb, and redirect bolts of electricity (and of pure magnetic force), reverse lasers and other forms of radiation or energy when fired at him, create enough intense heat as infrared radiation to destroy a metal door, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body, as he is able to manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum. (He has also dispersed a "flame cage" created by the original Human Torch, but whether he had simply expanded his personal force field or employed something else entirely is unclear.) However, Magneto almost always uses magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.
Gravitakinesis: He can open wormholes through space. In addition, he can create anti-gravity fields and does so whenever he levitates non-magnetic objects. When the imposter Xorn was disguised as Magneto, he increased his powers fifteen times over with the Kick drug, and the Stepford Cuckoos said that he was now powerful enough to 'do something to gravity and time'. However, Magneto tends to use magnetism.
Magneto also possesses some psychic abilities. Magneto has trained his mind extensively.

Telepathy: capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating thoughts over vast distances. Charles Xavier referred to Magneto's "latent telepathy" and used Magneto's help to break past the mental shields of Galactus. It should also be noted that initially their attempts were futile until Magneto became enraged at the prospect that Galactus might ignore them, and thus created a "surge," as Xavier put it, that forced Galactus to take note of them

Psionic Shield: possesses ability to create a mental barrier against psionic attack
Astral Projection: can project his astral form from his body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane he can only travel in astral form over short distances. In the astral plane, he can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of his environment.
Mind Control: He has claimed the ability to control minds but has not been seen to do so without the aid of one of his inventions. (Note: He has controlled minds without the device, but only through manipulating the iron in blood and redirecting its flows through the brain.).
Known Abilities: A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, instill genetic mind-control, create adult clones of human beings, and manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. He has also created artificial living beings, space stations (said to possess technology even Reed Richards would envy), and machines that nullify mutant powers within a radius of several miles.

Magneto is a skilled strategist and hand-to-hand combatant.

Strength Level: Magneto possesses the normal human strength of a man his age (i.e., rejuvenated age), height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. However, using his powers to augment his strength, he can lift well in excess of 100 tons.

Apolloknight
what???

This guy and girl get into a fight.

She knows one fighting style, he knows another one.

They both are human who exercise alot.

Decent fight huh.

Now think about if she knows his fighting style also, she might not be as good as he is, but she still knows it.

Who has the advantage now?

Storm or Magneto?

Sea King
Originally posted by batdude123

Powers and abilities:
Arguably the most powerful being on the planet, Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power of magnetokinesis.

Magnetokinesis: Magneto can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances). It could also be that he can both naturally generate and draw on the earth's magnetic field to increase his power, effectively making him both a reservoir and a conduit.

As the Master of Magnetism, he can: lift, move, and alter objects (sometimes weighing many thousands of tons) through magnetic force alone, manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, control ferrous particles in the atmosphere (even the very air), alter the Earth's magnetic field which extends into space as the Magnetosphere, increase his own strength to the extent of being able to exchange blows with at least Colossus, erect electro-magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability (protecting himself or others from almost any psionic, energy, or physical attack), and achieve an indefinite range of other effects. Although Magneto does not posess the mutant ability to fly, he wears boots with metal heels, allowing him to "fly" by manipulating magnetic fields.

Magneto's power is for all practical purposes limitless. With the primal forces of nature at his command, Magneto has stopped armies, raised islands from ocean floors, moved mountains and threatened to devastate the world with apocalypitc floods and earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed half the globe with a self-generated electro-magnetic pulse that caused widespread devasation.

Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Magnus is tied very closely to the Earth's EM Field. As is it effected, so is he. He knows instinctively all that happens to it, and with this link is granted an odd sort of immortality. The Earth lends him strength by it's simple existence. He draws on it all unconsciously.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of magnetic forces. When his powers are not at their peak, he appears to have greater difficulty controlling forces other than magnetism.

Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal forcefield that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His forcefield has withstood the affects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruption, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-men, as well as Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus. It is possible he is changing the energy of the attacks, rather than simply blunting their impact. Magneto seems to be able to sense the changes in energy fields that predict such attacks, allowing him to shield energy attacks as fast as lasers despite having little or no warning.
Electro-magnetic Sight: By concentrating Magneto can perceive the world around himself solely as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings, as well.
Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. He can fire, absorb, and redirect bolts of electricity (and of pure magnetic force), reverse lasers and other forms of radiation or energy when fired at him, create enough intense heat as infrared radiation to destroy a metal door, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body, as he is able to manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum. (He has also dispersed a "flame cage" created by the original Human Torch, but whether he had simply expanded his personal force field or employed something else entirely is unclear.) However, Magneto almost always uses magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.
Gravitakinesis: He can open wormholes through space. In addition, he can create anti-gravity fields and does so whenever he levitates non-magnetic objects. When the imposter Xorn was disguised as Magneto, he increased his powers fifteen times over with the Kick drug, and the Stepford Cuckoos said that he was now powerful enough to 'do something to gravity and time'. However, Magneto tends to use magnetism.
Magneto also possesses some psychic abilities. Magneto has trained his mind extensively.

Telepathy: capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating thoughts over vast distances. Charles Xavier referred to Magneto's "latent telepathy" and used Magneto's help to break past the mental shields of Galactus. It should also be noted that initially their attempts were futile until Magneto became enraged at the prospect that Galactus might ignore them, and thus created a "surge," as Xavier put it, that forced Galactus to take note of them

Psionic Shield: possesses ability to create a mental barrier against psionic attack
Astral Projection: can project his astral form from his body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane he can only travel in astral form over short distances. In the astral plane, he can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of his environment.
Mind Control: He has claimed the ability to control minds but has not been seen to do so without the aid of one of his inventions. (Note: He has controlled minds without the device, but only through manipulating the iron in blood and redirecting its flows through the brain.).
Known Abilities: A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, instill genetic mind-control, create adult clones of human beings, and manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. He has also created artificial living beings, space stations (said to possess technology even Reed Richards would envy), and machines that nullify mutant powers within a radius of several miles.

Magneto is a skilled strategist and hand-to-hand combatant.

Strength Level: Magneto possesses the normal human strength of a man his age (i.e., rejuvenated age), height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. However, using his powers to augment his strength, he can lift well in excess of 100 tons.

um i skimmed it and yep and lighting dont forget the lighting u see lighting is actualy made from the ground up mags can chang the em charges that build up in the ground thus bringing lighting

Apolloknight

We posted his abilities a few pages back, we also posted storms

Sea King
This guy and girl get into a fight.

She knows one fighting style, he knows another one.

They both are human who exercise alot.

Decent fight huh.

Now think about if she knows his fighting style also, she might not be as good as he is, but she still knows it.

Who has the advantage now?

Storm or Magneto?

he does u see she does not know it as good as him so it wont help

Apolloknight
he does u see she does not know it as good as him so it wont help

Actually, She does, you see she can revese the effects of abnormal magnetism (caused by magneto) on a global level.

Global Level

Sea King
Actually, She does, you see she can revese the effects of abnormal magnetism (caused by magneto) on a global level.

Global Level

as can he but better big grin

Apolloknight
as can he but better big grin no expression

Sea King
no expression

What?

TheBadguy
how is Storm a match for Magneto did she recently get powered up?

Sea King
Originally posted by TheBadguy

not to my knowladge

Swanky-Tuna
Now we have the situation on comic form.

Black Adam
ninja

montrel7
Storm all the way... All i gotta say is ELECTROMAGNETIC HURRICANE as she sips tea atop Mt. Everest. overseeing it. reading

batdude123
Please. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didn't really realize how underestimated and how completely underated Magneto is on these forums. Magneto all day long without much competition at all.

Apolloknight
Please. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didn't really realize how underestimated and how completely underated Magneto is on these forums. Magneto all day long without much competition at all.

Really now.......

batdude123
Really now.......

Yes, really. My God people read through Battle #3 from the tourney. I think DC's posts would explain it better than me.

montrail
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Uncanny X-men #150 where Storm drops a tornadoe on Magneto. He had only a few seconds to breathe and had to use Colosuss as a weapon against her.

Sea King
Originally posted by montrel7
Storm all the way... All i gotta say is ELECTROMAGNETIC HURRICANE as she sips tea atop Mt. Everest. overseeing it. reading

why would she be that stupid to make a hurricane that mags could controll??

montrail
why would she be that stupid to make a hurricane that mags could controll??
I was about to ask you "How the hell can he control tornado's?". But I saw that he/she said ELECTROMAGNETIC. Is their even such a thing?

montrail
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto1vm.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto26nv.jpg

Dalak
In Case anyone hasn't made this joke yet:

Strom Thurman > Magneto

Sea King
Originally posted by montrail
I was about to ask you "How the hell can he control tornado's?". But I saw that he/she said ELECTROMAGNETIC. Is their even such a thing?

i dont know their could be confused

ExodusCloak
What is up with Mags dropping his shield in the middle of the battle? BTW Mags anchoring himself via electromagnetism seems very probable seeing how he controls that fundamental force.

My question is why did he drop his shield?

Sea King
Originally posted by montrail
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto1vm.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto26nv.jpg

all that proofs is that if mags needed he could use a metal object to ko storm.

(iread the comic strips and it is clear that mags use'es his powers on him)

batdude123
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What is up with Mags dropping his shield in the middle of the battle? BTW Mags anchoring himself via electromagnetism seems very probable seeing how he controls that fundamental force.

My question is why did he drop his shield?

Because Storm fanboys like to bring up horrible PIS situations with Magneto to prove their point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sea King
Because Storm fanboys like to bring up horrible PIS situations with Magneto to prove their point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

but the thing is that scan is a good showing for mags not storm.

cause it show he still beat her with out his sheild.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>