Would we be better in the will of God than free will

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lugia's_Trainer
This question bafels me? in free will we can do what ever we want
but in God's will we have limits we won't be able to get hurt but then withg every action u'll get hurt no mattwer what becuz a germ entering u
and also it'll be easier to understand heaven but in free will we can hav freedom and we can get hurt but wen we gewt hurt we'll know not to do it again
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!...

grey fox
No , we would be little more then drones. Robot's if you will....

debbiejo
Well I believe a little differently....I believe since we are all part of the creative process and what ever god would be, we are always in the will of god, since we are part of it...

Lord Urizen
How do we know that FREE WILL isn't the same as God's will for sure ?

debbiejo
We don't

Atlantis001

debbiejo
According to the Bible, yep....Though many churches teach "predestination" which goes against "Free Will"........There are scriptures to support both.......Sooooo which is it then?

Predestination = Everything was predetermined by God from the beginning including who will be chosen and who is not.

Free Will = We have a choice to chose our destination.

Brother Prophet
Free will vs God's will. Always an interesting topic.

I believe one of the basic lessons being taught in the bible is that self restraint should be exercised with God's gift of free will.

Which begs the answer to the question, if a person does not exercise some form of self restraint, how can they consider themselves to be totally free?

Which then begs the answer to the question, is it possible for an individual to be completely free?

Jesus answered such questions ages ago, when questioned about his divinity.

John 8:31 - 8:34

8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

So I guess what Jesus is stating is that true freedom comes with self control, not self gratification(sin). If a person uses the freedom that God has given them to do nothing but please themselves, then they've become nothing but a slave to their desires.

TheOnes2
If there is a god, i don't think i would want him writing my life, its like we have been given all of this stuff and we cant do what we want with it without god writing about what we do next. Thats why I'm atheist

Alliance
It seems to me you should be athiest because its the truth, and not because you would be unwilling to face the fact of a relgion.

Its shouldnt be an escape, it should be enlightenment.

TheOnes2
To me, religion is a form enslavement. Each one makes up different rules which retrain your life.

debbiejo
But you don't know that to be true for sure......though I agree that religion is a lie, but there is something else.........

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
But you don't know that to be true for sure......though I agree that religion is a lie, but there is something else.........

Not all religions are lies. smokin'

Regret
In my religion we believe that God means us to learn to behave well on our own, with his guidance. What learning occurs without making a choice?

We also believe that Satan is Satan because he disagreed with letting man have free will. He would have rather had us directed as to how to live, I think this would be the "in the will of God" term you used. God wanted willing servants not forced servants. So God said that's not the right way to do it, and Satan got mad and took off with those that would become his devils.

Those are our beliefs as to the answer to your question, I think. You should attempt better spelling/grammar in the future, reading your post made my head hurt. When I grade papers at the University we typically grade harshly if reading the answer is difficult to do.

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not all religions are lies. smokin'

Or is it not all lies are religions?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret

laughing No, most of them are politicians. laughing

Alliance
Originally posted by Regret
Its that one!
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing No, most of them are politicians. laughing
mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.