How will OBIWAN beat ANAKIN????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
what im most expecting from episode III is what they call the best-starwars-moment-yet-to-come. the ultimate duel. the final (?) battle on the final episode of the saga.

yes the duel between 2 of the most important characters from starwars, OBIWAN & ANAKIN SKYWALKER aka Darth Vader.

we somehow imply that obi is the victorious coz we see OBI in ANH as a whole, with no permanent injury; and we see ANI, well, as a machine, with lots of injuries.

my question is : HOW DID OBI MANAGED TO BEAT "THE ONE", THE JEDI WITH THE HIGHEST MIDICHLORIAN COUNT????

yerssot
guessing on the Fetts dying... Anakin slipped

jedi fernando

yerssot
he did with both Fetts...

Ushgarak
Jango wasn't unluck, he was thrashed.

Meanwhile, though, let's not be equating having the highest midi-chlorian count as being unbeatable. Anakin's powers have not fully developed, and Obi-Wan has years of experience and discipline over him. Anakin is talented but so is Obi-Wan; it's not as if a high MC count guarantees sabre skill so they are far more even in this regard. It is entirely feasible for Obi-Wan to win, I feel.

jedi fernando
i know that it is obvious that experience and wisdom are stronger than midichlorian count, but obi managed to win and leave harmless from big wounds. as for ani he got his ass kicked. that shows not little difference in skill, it shows a lot of difference. and that much difference was what cought my attention. is obi so much more skilled?

Ushgarak
On the contrary. Nearly all swordfights end with one person dead and the other unharmed. Wounds that do not disable you are very rare so first good strike normally wins. If that was Obi-Wan, then that was that.

jedi fernando
i c

LaurenE147
I think he will get over cocky. That would be suitable as to how he has been represented up to this point.

Corran
Obi-Wan obviously realises that Anakin has not learnt as much as he thinks, Anakin believes he is ready for the trials whereas Obi-Wan does not yet. So Anakin's powers, as Ush stated, have not developed as far as he thinks, he may be able to feel that he is stronger in the force than someone, yet not able to control the force as well as Obi-Wan and would not expect to be bettered by Obi-Wan, his over-confidence and impatience could well be his undoing.

jedi fernando

Corran
If that were the case Jedi's would not require any training, the training is what teaches them to use the force effectively.

jedi fernando
of course they are not born as sword masters

LaurenE147
You think Yoda could always do that cool thing where he flies around his opponent? I wonder who Yoda's teacher was.

jedi fernando
if his was not from his own race, then i would probably died around 700 years before episode I

Julie
Obi-wan will be trying to turn Anakin during the fight I think.....still good old fashioned lightsaber fight, maybe Anakin's anger leads to his undoing....then Palpatine can pick up the pieces later

LaurenE147
so perfectly set up for him , too.

phinney6
I love ob1, he is my fav. character, But I think his greatest thing was not beating Anakin, but Seperating Leia and Luke, so that the emp. wouldn't find them, Anyway I think that Ob1 is a damn good fighter and can handle his own

LaurenE147
He was probably a living legend among the Order.

jedi fernando
i would think the luke-leia separition more of a yoda idea than an obiwan idea. yoda is wiser, as for obiwan he is wise and keen but not as yoda.

phinney6
well just having OB1 safely sepreate them

LaurenE147
Yoda became a total hermit. I guess knee-high green guys with pointy ears and backwards sentences are easier to spot than humans.

phinney6
HAHAHA

Captain REX
How will Ob1 beat Ani? With his lightsaber of course!

mah
by the looks of anakin in the OT he's been beaten by the ugly-stick

yerssot
so you mean Bjork will be in EPIII????

and I'm not sure OB1 will win actually

Sabrea
poor anakin, if obi-wan hurts anakin, and i have to watch it, i am going to hunt down george lucas for doing that, i already had to sit thro him getting his arm cut off, and lari thought that obi-wan got hurt bad when he got hit in the leg, anyway, isnt it against the jedi order to kill ur apprentice, which im sure obi-wan tries to do, anakin just probly ends up running or something, but, arnt u supposed to like, give ur life for ur apprentince if theres a life or death situation, not kill them or let them get killed, so oni-wan is breaking the jedi order by trying to kill him, and after all those lectures he gave qgj on following the jedi order...

yerssot
well, that apprentice is becoming a sith, you know

Sabrea
but hes still his apprentice, and obi-wan shouldnt kill him, err...try to kill him neway, because we all kno that anakin ends up killing obi-wan, and even tho obi-wan surrendered, he only did that because he knew that he couldnt win...

yerssot
so, your friend is going bad and is going to nuke the world, he's going to kill you and you will smile and break your neck so he doesn't need to do it?

Sabrea
if they were my apprentice...

Ushgarak
But Anakin was no longer Obi-Wan's apprentice.

In any case, Obi-Wan had a duty as a Jedi to stop Anakin which goes beyond any such bond.

LaurenE147
Of course Obi-Wan is going to hurt Anakin. It's a definite. The whole trilogy has been building up to it.

Sabrea
i dont think im gonna be able to watch ep.III, i cant just sit there and watch anakin get hurt, and padmes probly gonna die...ep.III is not gonna be fun...but obi-wan cant just walk out of the battle without being hurt at all...

Dexx
it's just a movie...actually, ep 3 will have the most Xpected shots. I can barely wait for it.

Sabrea
i kno its just a movie, but anakin gets hurt, padme probly dies, and obi-wan will most likely get hurt...

Dexx
my heart is braking

Captain REX
Sabrea, so what?

btw, shorten your signature. It's too long. Too many words. I'll make you a sig with Anakin on it if you change it.

Dexx
i have TWON-HAs sigs....

Captain REX
TWON-HA's?

Dexx
i bet noone knows what TWON-HAs are........i'll give you a clue....it's something you'll never guess if you don't know about it.
MAybe someone will know in the end.

yerssot
EpIII is supposed to be dark!

queeq
It better indeed. No one turn on the light on that one.

yerssot
well mace with his fight perhaps

Dexx
and his death

yerssot
heared it's a good one

queeq
Hmmm

Dexx
i wanna see blood evil face

Captain REX
Mace will die, Obi-Wan will be injured, Anakin will go bad, Padme will lose a husband, and the galaxy goes to war with itself and people get blown up... This is gonna be great!

Ushgarak
What makes people think Obi-Wan gets injured? Is he hobbling in ANH or somethihg?

Dexx
i wanted to ask that too....damn

Sabrea
ok, if obi was one out of two remaining jedi that made it through the battle, then how can he come out without be hurt even the tiniest bit???i dont think thats possible, no matter how good he may be...

Corran
Anakin will trip over his own ego.

Sabrea
as long as its not anakins blood...

Dexx
oooh, especialy his. Besides, i'm sure we're gonna see Anakin blood.

Captain REX
If we don't see his blood, something is seriously wrong with GL and/or Anakin.

queeq
I dunno. Luke seemed to survive the lightsabre fight with Vader in ROTJ without a scratch.

finti
just messed up his hair a bit

queeq
Oh yes, the hair. Hamill's favourite. big grin

finti
big grin

yerssot
what about that arm in the cantina?

queeq
It's still there I think.

yerssot
they didn't cleaned up the blood?

Corran
No, it adds to the ambiance of the place.

Dexx
Well, he does not put on that big black suit for nothing. I'm sure we're gonna see his blood. Even if he's not hurt fighting Obi-Wan, maybe that lava pit, i dunno

Sabrea
ok, fine, if thats wat GL wants, ill just leave the movie theater in tears...

yerssot
and come on CNN

Dexx
i hope his blood is green

Sabrea
ewww...actually, if it were bright green, it could match his lightsaber... but it would have to be REALLY bright...

Dexx
didn't he have a blue sword in ep. II?

Sabrea
no no no no no !!! he had green, green i tell u! dont ask me y its blu in the pics. cause i dunno, he had blu in the end when he had t take obi-wans lightsaber and he was fighting with 2, but his was green, oh yea, and:
ok, u guys, i cant tell u my sorces, but, when anakin and obi ARE having their little battle scene, and anakin is darth vader when they have their battle, if u want i can find out who wins and tell u, or u can just wait til the movie...u tell me, do u wanna kno now, or later??...

yerssot
are you talking about Anakin?
He has a blue one, look at your sig, that was before the arenabattle, and even there he got a blue one

Dexx
let's seee. The first shot with anakin's saber is when he kills those poisoned wormyies. And i'm sure it was blue. I think in the geonosian arena, that N'sync guy, or the other one hands him a green saber. But that one's not his. So, we'll seee in ep. III. Vader's sabers do not count. They're almost 2 different persons.

yerssot
anakin never had a green one dexx

Dexx
well, that's kinda what i was tryin' to say.

yerssot
and that was already written before your post

Dexx
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/corky/corkysm3.gif

Sabrea
yes he did, cause in the ending when he was fighting with dooku he had a green one, then obi threw him his, and obis was blue...thats the scene i remember best because it was my least fave. scene, and that stuff kinda sticks with me...ne way, when the dvd comes out ill watch it again (obviously!!) and see if he has green, which i am pretty sure he does...

yerssot
recap...

Anakin has a blue one at the start, he gets his one broken in the droidfactory.
In the arena he gets a green one and ob1 gets a blue one
The two lightsabres aren't broken at the end, doesn't mean they will have the same in EPIII

Sabrea
ok...gotcha, but obi-wan has always had a blu lightsaber, oh, wait, he lost it didnt he??but he had blu at the beginning of the movie, so he mustve gotton it back after he lost it in his battle with maul

Dexx
i'm sure the jedi temple could supply a general like him witha saber.
Or maybe he built his own. but he had to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery carefull with the calibration of that cristal. Or it would explode in his face.

Sabrea
hehehehehe...i can just picture obi-wan trying to make a lightsaber and the crystals and evrything blowing up in his face..lol...

Dexx
No, actually it looks just fine until you try to open it. Then Boom!

yerssot
no, remember it fell down a shaft, you can't get that one back then
he made a new one. The designs of the sabres are different.

Dexx
i still feel sorry for maul's saber...being cut in half....and then maul being killed. I wanted Obi Wan to die.... sad

Sabrea
y did u want obi to die?!?!?!?! and if it exploded when it opened it might injure or kill his enemy, but he might get killed or injured too...

Dexx
yes, i preffer maul to Obi Wan. faaaaar better character. The movie doesn't show much of him unfortunatley. And in that fight, Maul was the best swordsman, admit that! He killed Qui Gon ( wich i liked very much ) and he would've killed Obi if it wasn't for that silly jump... mad
And about the saber....he couldn't injure the enemy with a broken saber because those are tested before actual combat...so, only the owner dies in case of a mistake...

Sabrea
but if obi-wan had dies then "daddy" wouldnt be in ep.II or ep.III...

Dexx
well, certain events change the course of the movie, ofcourse! But think about it...maybe if Maul would be alive, Sidious wouldn't need an apprentice....so....no more Vader. Ofcourse, only if he would've taken him only 'cause of his talents. But Maul was perfectly trained, discipline, loyalty.....a man's best friend big grin ( unless for his savurating and delaying the kill, wich led to his death.)

Sabrea
there would be no jedi anakin, who woudlve trained him?? qgj and owk wouldve both been dead...

Dexx
oh yes, he would've never been trained....the damn bastard evil face ...killed the poor tuskens

Sabrea
so?!?! they deserved it (wait...how did they deserve it?) well, he was mad...

Dexx
that's what i'm sayin....he was mad. He acted on other emotions than piece.....the worst of all anger and hate. That's no jedi.
The best jedi ( the ones i like ) are Mace Windu, Yoda and Qui Gon Jinn ( was )

LaurenE147
Obi-Wan was such a better character than Maul. We didn't even know anything about him. How could you even judge anything about him without making incorrect accusations?

Dexx
i base myself on EU for Maul description....i liked him before i knew that 'bout him. And i wasn't judging anything....it's just my personal oppinion. Maul and Yoda RLZ...

Sabrea
ok, well...it was anakins fault that he turned to the dark side...

Dexx
damn ugly monster. If he takes down mace, i'm gonna kill'im. I wanna see mace die with honor, if he dies.

Sabrea
mace does die, the only 2 surviving jedi r obi and yoda...

Dexx
well...how do ya know he doesn't take off on a distant planet/galaxy like at the end of the Lotr books.

Ushgarak
Because the extinction of the Jedi was made very clear, and in any case both GL and SLJ have talked about Mace's impending death.

In any case, do you really see Mace as the sort who would flee and abandon the Republic? The people in LOTR go out west once all the danger is gone, not in the middle of the War of the Ring!

Dexx
smile ....i was kidding!
I know he'll die. But i have to come with these new fake ideeas. A man has to post something, right? big grin Here's another one.
maybe he becomes one with the force and simply evaporates into thin air forever guiding those in need......hmm....sounds so nice

Sabrea
obi-wan kenobi evaporated into thin air...

Dexx
i mean without a saber thru you

Sabrea
i thought u wanted mace to evaporate confused am i now expected to evaporate too?? *ill evaporate from this spot and appear in hayden arms*...

Dexx
nooo! i mean mace evaproate without a saber thru him. just like that. being one with the force.

Julie
maybe....anyway....how will Obi beat Annie....hmmm....with the skill of a desperate good guy. anyway, Obi-wan been known for beating guys superior to himself with a saber...take Darth Maul for example

Dexx
darth maul wanted to savurate his kill. he should've ended it when obi was in the pit. but nooo....he wanted sparkling shower. It was obvious that Maul was a better swordsman and attuned with the force

LaurenE147
And he made such a stupid mistake because he's...good?

Dexx
He was good...well, better than obi.....GL just wanted the good to defeat. C'mon...He could've just force pushed him when Obi was hanging there...and...no more Obi. What he did was a mistake....but that doesn't make him wose than Obi.

Sabrea
wat GL is trying to show is that you do NOT piss obi off or ur gonna have some problems on your hands...and can i PLEASE have permission to evaporate into thin air and appear again like, somewhere in aussie land, either at the place where theyre doin all this work for SW or at haydens apartment...

Dexx
damn it.....i know this isn't true...but ih truly hope there's a maul clone. I guarantee that i'll jump screaming at the cinema.

Sabrea
well, i doubt theres a maul clone, but u can go with darthie, hes a sith...

Dexx
no.....maybe i'll go for sidious after i can see what he's up to in Ep III.
But Maul is just...kewl. ^0% of my pics are with him one way or another

Sabrea
nooo...darthie is kool!!...

Dexx
darthie who, vader? naaaah.....maul

Sabrea
darth vader is too kool!!!!!!...

Dexx
not as cool as Maul and Yoda

Sabrea
maul is not kooler than darthie, and how did yoda get into this??

Dexx
i just listed my fav characters. And maul may not be better than...."darthie" but he sure is kewler. And BTW. Vader's considered to be such a bad ass just because he has the highest midichlorian count and so on and so forth. But from the actually filmed fighting scenes ( the '80s ones) Maul's far better. I mean Vader's rigidly moving that saber. Besides, weilding a double bladed is far more difficult. Anyway...i know that darthie's fighting scenes are worse just because of the time's technology

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic) watever u say Master Dexx...

Dexx
hehe, soundz nice doesn't it? Master Dexx.............

Sabrea
i was kidding!!

Dexx
too late

Sabrea
i am not callin u master dexx

Corran
again.

Sabrea
-.-, i did it before out of sarcasm

Dexx
too late...i'm used to it by now.....it soundz really nice too

Sabrea
well then ur gonna have to find some1 else cause i aint gonna call u 'master dexx' all the time

Dexx
ok..not all the times....sometimes is ok too

Corran
I'm sure Dexx would be happy with just some of the time.

Sabrea
im not gonna call him 'master dexx' ever!! not sometimes, not once in a while, never!!

Corran
never say never.

Sabrea
y? i already said im not going to and i plan to stick with that..

Dexx
nevr say never. he's right...because u already called me master Dexx....and i liked it. More plz

Sabrea
Master should be capitalized because its a title, and no...

Dexx
This is Master Dexx replying. hey, i might even change my nick into that evil face

Sabrea
dont, please dont

Dexx
well......if you don't like it that much...i even might.

mah
sabrea and dexx: you are taking over all the threads here, calm down!smile

Corran
They should open up a Sabrea Vs Dexx thread and just fight it out there.

Dexx
she stands no chance... rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Ushgarak
Ok, I think this one is exhausted now... closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.