*WARNING* SPOILERS for Betrayal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starwarsfreak34
*ONLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE READ BETRAYAL*
(cant remember what to do for spoilers)

After reading Betrayal i sat down and began to think (as i usually do) of how the rest of the series will play out from it. On possible conclusion i've came to, and it helps your understanding if you HAVE read the book, is that Jacen may end up killing Luke regardless of what he does.

Reason:

After Jacen kills Nelani (that Jedi girl), Lumiya and the 'DARK JACEN' are discussing that Lumiya has manipulated Jacen and that he <Jacen> will hate her (and love her) for it. My theory is that Lumiya, who has some power with the Force, is subtly pushing Jacen into all these scenarios that will push him closer to getting revenge for her on Luke by killing him.

Consider: There were, what, 3 or 4 instances on Lorrd instigated by her that left Jacen always with the choice of killing. We know that Lumiya wants revenge on Luke.

So... I reckon that over the course of the series, Jacen will be put into multiple scenarios where all possible things will cause him to kill Luke (as Jacen sees the future of it through the Force) except one. In each of these, that one outcome will gradually push Jacen down a path of destruction and inevitable evil, while he believes he is doing the good thing. In the end Luke will decide to confront Jacen anyways and it is through this that Jacen will kill him and take the mantle of the next Dark Lord of the Sith.

I'd like to know what you think of this, and i really really wanna hear your theories too. I'm already excited about Bloodlines now!

Mišt
Jacen has gone darkside? Bah, no more post NJO Star Wars for me. Pure crap now.

starwarsfreak34
because it sounds ridiculous or cause you don't want jacen to fall? in my opinions, he hasn't really. my bet is he's strong enough not to go completely over - plus i agree with vergere's assertion that there IS NO 'DARK SIDE'

Mišt
Because the franchise has been going along with these stupid plotlines, 'oh...theres no more Sith to fight...so we'll invent a couple of superhuman enemies, throw in a few fallen Jedi, and repeat every few months just to keep it going'. Its gotten very boring.

Razielim
I don't even know what the hell Jacen was doing in that book.

WTF! Han helping the Corellians, again! what an asshat smile

Captain REX
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
because it sounds ridiculous or cause you don't want jacen to fall? in my opinions, he hasn't really. my bet is he's strong enough not to go completely over - plus i agree with vergere's assertion that there IS NO 'DARK SIDE'

Because it sounds ridiculous, just like Vergere's theories. The Potentium is full of shite. Watch the movies. There's a Dark Side.

And it's either you fall to the Dark Side, or you don't. There's no 'well, he sort of fell, but not really...' You have to want it, and if you fall, you FALL.

Lightsnake
There is a Dark Side, plain and simple, Vergere's theories have been taken out like the garbage they are

Captain REX
Hell, Vergere was revealed to be an extremely minor Sith apprentice to Palpatine for a short time which is really stupid in itself.

Lightsnake
Luke'll never die, of this I'm sure...if it comes to it, he'll end up killing Jacen

Captain REX
Well, never die at the hands of Jacen, anyways. He'll die eventually, even if it's just old age.

Lightsnake
I mean, never die onscreen

Captain REX
Oh. Like...he's dead, but we don't know when where why? I someone doubt that would go unrecorded.

Lightsnake
I mean we may hear he died one day, but we'll never actually see it

Captain REX
Right, that's what I meant. I doubt that wouldn't be recorded.

Escape81
What was Nelani's relationship with Palpatine?

Vectivus's spirit, when taunting her to strike him down, took Palpatine's form - saying: "could you strike this down?"

I'm not following.

Lightsnake
There was none, she was in love with Jacen.

Escape81
Originally posted by Lightsnake
There was none, she was in love with Jacen.

Mm-hmm, I know. But, when she wouldn't cut Vectivus down, he shifted his form to appear as Palpatine.

Why Palpatine? Why not... a Shimmra or someone?

Captain REX
And if you don't get that connection...

Jacen's supposed to be a future Emperor. Nelani would probably have trouble killing Jacen due to her emotional attachment to him.

Escape81
Originally posted by Captain REX
And if you don't get that connection...

Jacen's supposed to be a future Emperor. Nelani would probably have trouble killing Jacen due to her emotional attachment to him.

Oh. So, Vectivus was trying to goad her into killing Jacen by taking the form of Palpatine, implying that Jacen would follow in his footsteps?

Lightsnake
Dude...Vectivus is long dead by the time the book even opens...what we see is described as a sliver of a ghost

Darth_Glentract
Do we see any of the senior Jedi in the book? Corran Horn has like two pages from what I read and they haven't even mentioned Kyp, Kyle, Saba, or Kam? WTF?

Lightsnake
Very few, I trust Traviss or Denning to give us more on them

General Zink
Vectivus seems to be pre-Plagueis, post-Bane.

Null ARC Avis
Boba comes back in the series. GO FETT.

Captain REX
Dude, he's 72! He should be in Bounty Hunter's Retirement Home rather than the Bounty Hunter's Guild, for Chrissakes!

Lightsnake
Sixty two, actually...and his daughter's still around

Razielim
62?

10 in AotC.

29 in ANH

33 in RotJ

73 in DN, O_o

Lightsnake
You're right, where the **** was my math?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Razielim
62?

10 in AotC.

29 in ANH

33 in RotJ

73 in DN, O_o Don't mean to be rude or anything but..:

32 in ANH

36 in RotJ

78 in DN. O_o

Razielim
Yeah, you're right >_>

Darth_Glentract
Dooku was 83 and still kicking. As we heard in DN, humans can live to be 120ish with SW medical science. 80 years old in the SW universe is like 45 or 50 in the real world.

melenor
i might sound stupid but what is DN? i have never seen that used before, and i really hope they bring back the senor jedi.

xxxpoppunker182
DN is dark nest it takes place after NJO and right before Legacy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.