Thing vs. Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whittdawg92
They're both in 85 ton range. Thing is smarter, and has more fighting skill. Sandman can do more with his powers, and controls his density. Fight takes place in a ring with NO WATER. Debate. My vote's on sandman.

Darth Martin
Sandman wins by suffucating thing.

JOE NUNEZ
Sandman, he has battled the 4 before and held his own.

Whittdawg92
I really thought a rock vs. milllions of pebble fight woud be more interesting.

who?-kid
Sandman I think. That is, if he uses his brains.

nimrod009
Yep Sandman takes this - he can't really lose can he. He probably couldn't take Thing down hand to hand, but he could try the suffocation method, as someone's mentioned.

Psyquis52
When was the last time Sandman tried to suffocate someone to beat them? Anybody? The last time I saw him (and the time before that) he was making battle maces out of sand and trying to beat the opponent to death. He doesn't often think, "Hey, I'm made of sand. Maybe I could just throw myself on them and suffocate them."

No, he plays it like a grade 'A' thug; and tries to beat them to death.
He won't beat Thing if he tries to beat him up. He'll be too dispersed. I honestly don't see him taking many hits from Thing.

Despite what Sandman is capable of power wise, he isn't capable of much intelligence wise. If someone like Reed Richards had his powers he would be 10x more effective.

Whittdawg92
Thing's actually pretty smart and creative, but he's no where near genius level. Sandman's just a C average student. Geez, he's jorgge busch with sand powers.

red sabre
can someone explain me how thing can hurt someone who is made of sand?

who?-kid
He can't. And not sooo long ago, they fought, and Sandman threatened Thing to suffocate him (fill his lungs with sand).

Thing attacked Sandman and punched him, but Sandman only laughed at his attacks.

red sabre
thats my point thing cant do anything to sandman simple as that

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
Thing's actually pretty smart and creative, but he's no where near genius level. Sandman's just a C average student. Geez, he's jorgge busch with sand powers.

confused

How many non-genuises astronaut/military test pilots have there been...?

My guess is 0

Ben has kick Sandmans ass on more than one occasion.

Ben wins 8/10

Grimm22
Maybe if you jerks would buy Things book you would know that Ben beat Sandman in Thing #6. mad

Oh that and he's beaten him numerous times before wink

bitca730
He how many time's has he beaten him without the use of water? If so, how did he do it? Isn't Sandman practically intangiable?

Grimm22
Originally posted by bitca730
He how many time's has he beaten him without the use of water? If so, how did he do it? Isn't Sandman practically intangiable?

How many times has Spidey beat him without enviormental aid confused

He hasnt wink

My point being, Ben has beaten Sands before and he can do it again big grin

Psyquis52
Thing wins 8/10

Whittdawg92
no one has provided any non-enviornmental proof that thing can beat sandman yet. scans or something?

Soljer
I don't doubt the Thing could beat Sandman. Assuming he can find environmental sources. But this thread specifically said "No water."

Thus, I can't see the Thing winning. And if sandman threatened to suffocate someone, Im sure he know he could go through with it. Sandman 10/10. What can the Thing do to keep him down?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
no one has provided any non-enviornmental proof that thing can beat sandman yet. scans or something?

Tell me who other than Iceman and a few others can beat Sandman without enviormental aid? confused

Plus, Ben can take anything Sands throws at him unless he decides he wants to suffocate Ben. However, Ben isnt going to let that happen. wink

Ben has experience fighting Sands and he will use that to his advantage here.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Soljer
I don't doubt the Thing could beat Sandman. Assuming he can find environmental sources. But this thread specifically said "No water."

Thus, I can't see the Thing winning. And if sandman threatened to suffocate someone, Im sure he know he could go through with it. Sandman 10/10. What can the Thing do to keep him down? nothing Sandman 10/10 unless Thing knew Sandmans weakness.

Grimm22

Thus, I can't see the Thing winning. And if sandman threatened to suffocate someone, Im sure he know he could go through with it. Sandman 10/10. What can the Thing do to keep him down?

Ben beat sands last time using some cement mix thingy stick out tongue

bitca730
but isnt this set in a closed ring or something?

Soljer
I believe so...I mean, the original poster didn't specify whether or not there was a cement mix...so...if you wanted to REALLY stretch the spirit of the rules....

*laughs* No...Sandman wins.

Grimm22
This has turned into a spite thread.

I mean I ask you anyone who dosent have water or energy powers cannot defeat Sandman without using the enviorment to their advantage.

bigbran
mmm sounds like a good supes spite thread.
although that will turn into a supes throws him into space.
somebody make the same scenario, but with supes instead of ben.

Soljer
Well, honestly? The only people that could beat sandman without environmental influence are those with matter rearrangement powers. Matter transmutation....

Similar to Blair Wind's Iceman, except, Iceman doesn't have a HUGE environmental weakness.

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
mmm sounds like a good supes spite thread.
although that will turn into a supes throws him into space.
somebody make the same scenario, but with supes instead of ben.

All supes would have to do would use his ice breath on him no expression

Whittdawg92
yes, it's a ring, a boxing ring w/ no cement. just a ring. It's NOT a spite thread, I just wana see who'll outsmart or outmuscle who.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Grimm22
All supes would have to do would use his ice breath on him no expression

or use his heat vision to turn him into glass.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Grimm22
This has turned into a spite thread.

I mean I ask you anyone who dosent have water or energy powers cannot defeat Sandman without using the enviorment to their advantage.

Why is it a spite thread when your not alowed to use PIS, if it was any other character without elemental powers would you consider this a spite thread?... Anyway Sandman can only beat thing by suffocation, thing can only beat sandy if hes stupid enough to fight him head on in his dense form...but sandman is only stupid when hes evil, when he became reformed he gained intelligence.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Sparkz
Why is it a spite thread when your not alowed to use PIS, if it was any other character without elemental powers would you consider this a spite thread?... Anyway Sandman can only beat thing by suffocation, thing can only beat sandy if hes stupid enough to fight him head on in his dense form...but sandman is only stupid when hes evil, when he became reformed he gained intelligence.

Im not saying this in an aggressive way or anything, just a question i have to you (and everyone)

do you consider someone beating sandman by water PIS as in , plot induced stupidity? by PIS, do you just meen in the sense of, a course of events (clever or not) causing someone who may or may not be the superior in a scenario to lose a fight? or were you just saying PIS in a very general sense of the term.

The term PIS gets thrown around alot and its a bit confusing at times

Sparkz
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Im not saying this in an aggressive way or anything, just a question i have to you (and everyone)

do you consider someone beating sandman by water PIS as in , plot induced stupidity? by PIS, do you just meen in the sense of, a course of events (clever or not) causing someone who may or may not be the superior in a scenario to lose a fight? or were you just saying PIS in a very general sense of the term.

The term PIS gets thrown around alot and its a bit confusing at times

I mean it as in a way of beating them without their powers like a bucket of cement which i suppose is more like character improvisation but seeing as we don't have a "CI" every1 uses PIS....although thats the way I see it.

Besides the rules in KMC state that unless stated the fighters fight without additional help or enviorment help so its basicly just the characters, thats probaly why everything is considerd PIS.

Soljer
You aren't thinking of PIS. PIS is when someone like Spiderman defeats firelord. The thought that Spiderman could even hang with a Herald for even a SHORT time. He couldn't. No way. No how. However, for the story, he has to. The plot (Story) induces the stupidity (Firelord being a match for Spiderman).

What you are thinking of is called a Plot device. It isn't ridiculous, but it has to be there. The cement mix being used by Ben to take out Sandman, for example, is well within Ben's abilities and intelligence. It is reasonable, and possible in the comics.

See the difference?

Sparkz
You aren't thinking of PIS. PIS is when someone like Spiderman defeats firelord. The thought that Spiderman could even hang with a Herald for even a SHORT time. He couldn't. No way. No how. However, for the story, he has to. The plot (Story) induces the stupidity (Firelord being a match for Spiderman).

What you are thinking of is called a Plot device. It isn't ridiculous, but it has to be there. The cement mix being used by Ben to take out Sandman, for example, is well within Ben's abilities and intelligence. It is reasonable, and possible in the comics.

See the difference?

Lol its funny how no1 ever says plot device PIS must be easier to type.

ExtraMision5555
AHHHH ok, both of you i understand, that makes sense

ty for the clarity

and yes lol, rarelly do i see plot device used, always goes to PIS
which is why i was wondering if some ppl actually mean plot device instead of pis

Grimm22
Originally posted by Sparkz

How is using the enviorment PIS? no expression

Unless your throwing dumpsters with one hand even though you shouldnt be even able to pick the dumpster up at all stick out tongue

The only way I can see Ben winning this match is if he breaks the arena or whatnot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.