Hell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan

Arachnoidfreak
There IS a Hell, and it's in Michigan.

Lord Urizen
I honestly think Hell is only a state of mind.

To me, hell is unreasonable agony that oneself cannot seem to justify. But I don't think it is anything more than that. I don't beleive in an afterlife where we will be punished for anything that we did on Earth, as a human race we are imperfect, and should not be punished for being what we are.

Alliance
Theres also one on Grand Cayman BWI.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
There IS a Hell, and it's in Michigan. True!!! not far from Paradise .......hahahahah eek!

Gods honest truth

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
There is a Heaven and Hell..Hell is in the center of this Earth in fact..I read about it..creepy..anyways yeah..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Dr_Joshua_Keyes
There is a Heaven and Hell..Hell is in the center of this Earth in fact..I read about it..creepy..anyways yeah..

Why not the center of the sun for hell? You can call the center of the Earth hell if you wish to, it dose nothing good in my life to think that way. I prefer the Buddhist way of thinking about hell as a state of mind, because that gives me something I can work with on making my life better.

debbiejo
They're doomed anyways, cause your thoughts are sins also....

BTW Catholics are Christians and most believe in a purgatory...Purge, purge, purge.........non-scriptural of course.

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why not the center of the sun for hell? You can call the center of the Earth hell if you wish to, it dose nothing good in my life to think that way. I prefer the Buddhist way of thinking about hell as a state of mind, because that gives me something I can work with on making my life better.

I guess then hell is being crushed into a very small speck and burned alive...unless your dead center messed

debbiejo
hmmmmmmmm.ok then gravity is hell, especially when heated...... eek!

Alliance
I was just describing the "center of theory" My vision of hell was always a cold barren wasteland, similar to C.S.Lewis's apparently.

debbiejo
Which book......I've read many......

Alliance
I was referring toi The Lion, the Witch and etc., etc., etc.

debbiejo
Ohhhhh...Chronicles.......I was thinking........Screw tapes (from the devils view) or Mere Christianity (the after death) were very interesting.........man poor Hitler.....walking back and fourth " I know I shouldn't have gone north, I know I shouldn't of gone north"....Or was that Napoleon....for eternity...............lol

Alliance
I always found it interesting that his vision of hell was so different, especialyl since he was so darn religious.

debbiejo
True.........It seems his view in at least Mere Christianity (if I'm right) was they lived over and over their own mistakes of self condemning...Repeated for eternity.......that was they're hell.......

Alliance
Its kind of like Jean Paul Sarte's vision in No Exit.

debbiejo
I think I was wrong on the book......It was called "The Great Divorce"

Though I think he felt hell might of been here on earth while we are living in a sorted way..........which I do believe.

Alliance
Thats rather pessemistic. At least to me, I don't believe in hell. stick out tongue

AOR

Alliance
Then if god plays no role in determining your fate, how is it important?

AOR
Originally posted by Alliance
Then if god plays no role in determining your fate, how is it important?

How is what important?

Alliance
god

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by AOR
Truth is found in the most strangest of forms. But no religion holds all of it.

However in regards to the idea of Hell: My Catholic views (as I can't speak on behalf of every Catholic let alone Christian) is that HEll is the final alternative. Hell is defined as "The Abscence of God". A place where it's not just fire or brimstone but literally NO GOD! Our worst times in life (whatever they may be) always have some God in them, no matter how bad.

You speak of time from all religions. Well you have plenty of time here. Heaven or Hell is a choice. By your daily actions you constantly prove whether or not you merit Heaven or Hell. God may be merciful, but he isn't stupid. When someone says "no God!" all there life, God in the end isn't going to ask him, "do you want me now?" No, if you didn't want him then, why should you want him now? So Hell is the result. But God doesn't send you there, you send yourself. And no not literally...

Sorry bro, I don't buy this whole "gaining merit for Heaven or Hell" BS.

The very fact that we are God's children (if we indeed are) means we deserve every bit of Love he can give. A loving parent would never send thier child to a horrible place like Hell, no matter how bad they were, so why would a Superior Being who has more maturity than ANY of us flawed beings, do a thing EVEN LOWER than us as to send his own child to a place of eternal torment ?

Jesus even said "I am with you when you suffer" so its contradicting for Hell to be a place of eternal torment which LACKS Christ and God.

Sorry bro. Hell is nothing more than what many people ALREADY experience many times....unreasonable suffering that they cannot make sense of.

There is a saying that a human being can take ANY PAIN as long as they can find a reason in it. Without the reason, without justification, intense pain becomes HELL.

Darth Revan

Lord Urizen

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
The very fact that we are God's children (if we indeed are) means we deserve every bit of Love he can give. A loving parent would never send thier child to a horrible place like Hell, no matter how bad they were, so why would a Superior Being who has more maturity than ANY of us flawed beings, do a thing EVEN LOWER than us as to send his own child to a place of eternal torment ?

But that implies god is all loving to everyone. It wouldn't make sense if he was. There would be no motivation then to make decisions that religion dems are "good."

The Chirstian god is all forgiving, but not all loving. He requires that you obey him before you get any "benefits." Without it the system doesn't work.

If my kid (hypothetically) broke the law, I'd send him to jail and not bail him out. Let him stay there for a while. THat doesnt mean i don't love him, I'm just helping him to see the "right way."

THough this raises what I think is a more pertainant question. If you're in hell, and you repent, can you get out. I think this is a true test about the nature of "the one true god" (in reference to jehova).

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
But that implies god is all loving to everyone. It wouldn't make sense if he was. There would be no motivation then to make decisions that religion dems are "good."

The Chirstian god is all forgiving, but not all loving. He requires that you obey him before you get any "benefits." Without it the system doesn't work.

If my kid (hypothetically) broke the law, I'd send him to jail and not bail him out. Let him stay there for a while. THat doesnt mean i don't love him, I'm just helping him to see the "right way."

THough this raises what I think is a more pertainant question. If you're in hell, and you repent, can you get out. I think this is a true test about the nature of "the one true god" (in reference to jehova).

There is a MAJOR difference between letting ur kid spend a few nights in jail, and then sending your child to Hell for all eternity.

It is made very clear in the Bible that Hell is eternal punishment, and that life is our only chance to repent.

I don't beleive the God in the Bible to be one of true love, i beleive that version of God to be a fabrication of people's ideas.

A God of true love, of universal love, would love us all unconditionally. Obviously, the God in the Bible, his love and mercy is totally conditional. Hell would not exist for a God who is Absolute Love.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.