what happaned to wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red sabre
i used to love wolverine but in the present days its seems like everybody is beating him, i meant always you see wolverine attack someone and he blows wolverine away , i got wolverines comics and since they started the 3vol everyone is beating him, sabretooth always beating him, electra, gorgon beated the crap out of him, daredevil, even nick fury beated him in wolverine #34 vol3 , its seems like if you didnt know what his powers are you could say that his a human punching bag because he only beated a freaking shark oh ye and a 1000000 ninjas or humans, we already got the point!!!!!! wolverine got a healing factor you dont have to show everytime how good he can recover from enything ,everytime he fights he gets, stubbed, burned, slashed, shot, i mean where the hell is the fighting experience?? they always write in the bios of wolverine and sabretooth that there well trained martial artists and yet the "golden boys" of marvel always beating them, the golden boys are such as dardevil or cyclops or captan america, when in house of m black panther beated sabretooth that easily it was idiotic, we got the point that they got healing factors now show us there fighting skills!!!!!!! its seems like if they didnt have the jealing factor they would be dead along time ago because they always get shot or stubbed

Thanos_6383
Huh?

Juntai
I somewhat agree, like in the Miller/Claremont days on Wolverine, they excentuated his fighting prowess, while now, he just walks through whatever the problem is and slash slash, that's it. He fights like a complete dummy now, he shows no prowess or fighting calculation really these days. When he runs into someone who knows what he's capable of, and they DON'T fight like a dummy, he'll often enough get served. He plays more of a brute role than a hunter these days, imo.

Lucid Lui
It used to annoy me that writers tend to ignore all the skill he used to show and instead just show off his healing factor, but i can't be bothered caring anymore.

And everynow and again we get to see a skillful Logan, though it is rare.

nimrod009
Good point raised.

I know some people see it that since Logan has a healing factor, he doesn't need to use his skills, he can just soak up the punishment.

He's not the Juggernaut though...he still feels pain!! He should still use his skills to avoid being hit, and finish the fight quickly, it makes sense.

Alas, he is written badly I guess, but that's just the way it is sad

jrodslam
Is it called badly written if thats how he fights the majority of the time? If it wasnt listed in his bios and stats, we would never talk about how skilled Wolverine is. At least not by going by the comics that is. We all know how bios and stats can be inaccurate and misleading. Suppose the people who did Wolvies bios are huge fans of his and gave him a 7 in fighting ability and said he knows every type of Martial Arts on the planet. If there were no bios/stats in Marvel and we just went by what the comics show(which we should anyway), would people think Wolverine was a great Martial Artist and skilled combatant such as people like Daredevil, Shang Chi, Iron Fist and Captain America? I personally dont think so. HOWEVER i would still think hes a great fighter, but not as skilled in the MA's as the others listed. Maybe it isnt the comics that are wrong and badly written . Maybe its the people doing the bios that are wrong and dont actually READ many of the comics save for only a few.

Just my opinion.

red sabre
ye only the problem is that in the comics wolverine was trained as a samurai , he was trained in japan for many years and then he was trained in weapon x , he even teach storm how to fight, and gave the x-men lessons in martial arts when he fought bishop, its always were in the comics that he was trained in martial arts and was shown many times in the past, but today he just try to slash like in the movie without any skills

jrodslam
Originally posted by red sabre
ye only the problem is that in the comics wolverine was trained as a samurai , he was trained in japan for many years and then he was trained in weapon x , he even teach storm how to fight, and gave the x-men lessons in martial arts when he fought bishop, its always were in the comics that he was trained in martial arts and was shown many times in the past, but today he just try to slash like in the movie without any skills

Being trained yea, but how good is he actually? Trained in Japan and Weapon X, but a 7 means you have MASTERED every form of combat. I could teach someone Martial Arts although i only have a green belt. If i have more knowledge and ability than someone else, i can teach them too. Dont get me wrong, im not saying Wolverine doesnt know any or isnt a master. Im just saying that he may not know as much as others nor mastered every form of combat let along all Martial Arts. I know many wont agree with me such as capt, Wolvie2006 and others, but i just go by whats usually shown in comics and Wolverine is usually shown as a slasher not showing much MA skills.

batdude123
I agree. They definitely need to start showing off his martial arts skills more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.