Elder's of the Universe (Marvel) vs 12 Guardians of the Universe (DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Grandmaster
Ego
Obliterator
Runner
Champion
Collecter
Gardener
Astronomer
Contemplater
Trader
Explorer
Posessor
Fallen One (according to Marvel.com VS Ganthet + 12 other Guardians

Crease
Bump

leonidas
validus would know this better than me, but guardians are supposed to be somewhere around (possibly above?) watcher level, i think. elders are no where close to that except maybe ego.

guardians should win without anything resembling trouble. depending on their actual level (have they been shown to be as powerful as they were in the past?) the elders (minus ego) v a single guardian would likely be a closer fight. don't forget -- galactus easily defeated all of them at the same time (even though he couldn't digest them . . . erm )

bigbran
ok the only non jobbers in dc are the super heroes, the rest are jobers. i know the elders r to but some of them arent, so ill go with the elders.

Crease
Watcher level?...Wow, I had no idea. I've just started picking up the GL books. The Elders are portrayed as being about skyfather level, so I guess it would take 10 or so to take out a Watcher-level being. So much for this thread.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by leonidas
validus would know this better than me, but guardians are supposed to be somewhere around (possibly above?) watcher level, i think. elders are no where close to that except maybe ego.

guardians should win without anything resembling trouble. depending on their actual level (have they been shown to be as powerful as they were in the past?) the elders (minus ego) v a single guardian would likely be a closer fight. don't forget -- galactus easily defeated all of them at the same time (even though he couldn't digest them . . . erm )
lol i don't think that they are on watcher level since Doomsday killed one of them

Rols
I very much doubt that they are on a watcher level. I'd go for Marvel EOU 6/10.

Validus
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
lol i don't think that they are on watcher level since Doomsday killed one of them
Yeah, that was a fair amount of jobbing. A Guardian + multiple GL's < Superman's punches? Be real now.

Ganthet stands shoulder to shoulder with Highfather, the Phantom Stranger, Zeus, and the Wizard Shazam as some of the most powerful people in the DCU. According the Kyle Rayner he's able to destroy planets with a simple thought. Each other Guardian (and theres more than 12) is nearly as powerful.

Besides, from what I've seen of the Elders I'm pretty sure the Guardians have them beat in teamwork.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, that was a fair amount of jobbing. A Guardian + multiple GL's < Superman's punches? Be real now.

Ganthet stands shoulder to shoulder with Highfather, the Phantom Stranger, Zeus, and the Wizard Shazam as some of the most powerful people in the DCU. According the Kyle Rayner he's able to destroy planets with a simple thought. Each other Guardian (and theres more than 12) is nearly as powerful.

Besides, from what I've seen of the Elders I'm pretty sure the Guardians have them beat in teamwork.

Right. Respek the Corps!

*runs away, since I know nothing about this fight*

leonidas
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Right. Respek the Corps!

*runs away, since I know nothing about this fight*

laughing

but thanks for the support, bro!

laughing

elders are NOT skyfather level, btw. ss was able to beat a couple on his own, and thanos took out each one individually BEFORE his latest bout of pis, er, his latest 'power-up'.

guardians win. handily.

Rols
laughing laughing laughing out loud

I did'nt know the Guardians were that strong.

leonidas
actually, not many know about the guardians or their limits. but the little buggers are blue badasses . . .

Crease

So are they at or below Watcher level?

Validus
Originally posted by Crease
So are they at or below Watcher level?
Depends on what you mean. Watchers who fight Galactus to a draw or Watchers who get knocked out by Quasar?

bigbran
Originally posted by bigbran
ok the only non jobbers in dc are the super heroes, the rest are jobers. i know the elders r to but some of them arent, so ill go with the elders.
im completly behind you

leonidas
im completly behind you

why? tell me the elders' best feat? oh, no jobbing in the forum. all characters at their best. wink

Crease
Depends on what you mean. Watchers who fight Galactus to a draw or Watchers who get knocked out by Quasar?

I've heard rumors (never actually seen scans) the Watchers have actually warred with the Celestials. If true, then these were the Watchers I spoke of.

leonidas
that was in earth x, out of continuity. the celestials kicked their areses. in an arc of ff, exitar killed the watcher leader, so they DO have some history in continuity but they appear to be well below celestial level.

Juntai
I'd say Guardians.

Mider
the strongest gaurdian is ganthet who is suppose to be above skyfather, with a stray though he is said to be able to break a planet in half, the other gaurdians shouldnt be that less powerful then he is, they have GL power but on a super high scale, i dont think the elders even all combined could even beat ONE of the gaurdians, and earth x may be in continuity since i heard LT showed up.

Juntai
It's an alternate universe though Mider, it doesn't apply to 616, but some would consider it as an applicable showing for LT in that case, since he is multiversal, and only 1 of him exist.

And in that first sentence you meant to say "The strongest Guardian is Ganthet" not Watcher. wink

Mider
thats why we have edit button juntie wink big grin anyway it should be in continuity of they need to change LT's powers or just get it right, my point is even if it didnt happen with 616 i still happend in another dimension or else the multiverse wouldnt be a.......multiverse.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mider
thats why we have edit button juntie wink big grin anyway it should be in continuity of they need to change LT's powers or just get it right, my point is even if it didnt happen with 616 i still happend in another dimension or else the multiverse wouldnt be a.......multiverse. But characters in other non 616 storylines are portrayed at different power levels. I recall Wolverine taking out Silver Surfer in one of them for example. In another Universe, Galactus got beat up by zombies. You can't take these as canon evidence of what would happen in Marvel's main universe.

Mider
no im just saying that heppend BUT IN other universes not this one, meh wolverine beat SS? well watchers and celestials dont know who would win, i know that galactus is stronger then the celestials portrayed in 616 universe.

Crease
the strongest gaurdian is ganthet who is suppose to be above skyfather, with a stray though he is said to be able to break a planet in half, the other gaurdians shouldnt be that less powerful then he is, they have GL power but on a super high scale, i dont think the elders even all combined could even beat ONE of the gaurdians, and earth x may be in continuity since i heard LT showed up.

Mider, you yourself have stated numerous times that Ego stalemated Galactus. So unless the Guardians each have Galactus level power, the Elders could easily kill one of them. There's a reason Thanos prepped before taking them on.

Mider
ego is the only elder with that kind of power he might be second oldest elder next to galactus, he shouldnt count as an example for the others, galactus almost ate the others, only reason they servived is cause they where cursed with immortality, beside that one elder krona with some heavy duty power upgrades killed galactus VERY easily, and even defeated the IG

bigbran
pis and champ is older than galactus.

bigbran
didnt krona get taken out by hawkeye, so it makes you wonder...
anyway they got a tank supporting them(ego) and some powerhouses to take them out. elders win.

Mider
you dont know anything about comics do you branhole? what have the stupid elders ever done to put them on par with galactus get knocked out by silver surfer OH WOW the gaurdians get together and then play rock paper scissors the loser has to be the one to take out the trash, he then goes and beats up on the elders for making him waiste his time.

Juntai
Originally posted by Crease
Mider, you yourself have stated numerous times that Ego stalemated Galactus. So unless the Guardians each have Galactus level power, the Elders could easily kill one of them. There's a reason Thanos prepped before taking them on. Yet Ego was defeated by Gladiator.

Thanos smoked most all of the Elders himself.

Juntai
didnt krona get taken out by hawkeye, so it makes you wonder...
anyway they got a tank supporting them(ego) and some powerhouses to take them out. elders win. Krona's MACHINE got taken out by Hawkeye. He foiled his plans, he didn't technically BEAT Krona. Superman led the charge though. Pretty much everyone else had fallen and Supes cut swathe through the baddies of both unvierses, past and present.

Big Sexy
ego is the only elder with that kind of power he might be second oldest elder next to galactus, he shouldnt count as an example for the others, galactus almost ate the others, only reason they servived is cause they where cursed with immortality, beside that one elder krona with some heavy duty power upgrades killed galactus VERY easily, and even defeated the IG There is a problem with this. I never saw the elder use the powers on krona anyway. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see him use it except to just transport the heroes.

Big Sexy
I also have a ? about the JLA/ Avengers crossover. If Galactus is an essential, why didn't his death collapse the universe.

bigbran
hes essential because if he died, abraxas would be let out, and the story was pis because abraxas didnt cum out, and midershut up you daryl.

Big Sexy
Yeah the story really didn't make sense. That was really badly written.

bigbran
you dont know anything about comics do you branhole? what have the stupid elders ever done to put them on par with galactus get knocked out by silver surfer OH WOW the gaurdians get together and then play rock paper scissors the loser has to be the one to take out the trash, he then goes and beats up on the elders for making him waiste his time.
daryl did i say anything about them being on galactus level, no, so stop lying you daryl. and stop calling me branhole.

Mider
wow calling people darlyn im sure there crying cause of that lame insult but ok whatever whatever bakes your buiscuits, anyway you did make it seem like they was you say they would win when each is probably skyfather level you dont know nothing about comics do ya? :P

bigbran
r u talking to me?

Mider
who else calles people daryln

bigbran
the last part, i dont understand what ur saying, and i never said anything about skyfathers, the only one above skyfather is ego, and i said he could lead them, so i have no idea what your talking about.

Mider
you said elders win all the gaurdians are above skyfather they would own the elders

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas
why? tell me the elders' best feat? oh, no jobbing in the forum. all characters at their best. wink

wink

oh, and champ is most certainly NOT older than galactus . . . how the hell does that even make sense? g is older than the UNIVERSE!

blink

Mider
gaurdians win, probably only one is needed, if ego is there then more then one are needed the elders still lose horribly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.