Team 1 vs. Team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Team Uno:
Superman
Magneto
Green Lantern (Kyle)
Iceman
Thor (Classic)

Team Dos:
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Beta Ray Bill
Firestorm

Which team wins?

Soljer
Hasn't Martian Manhunter take out the ENTIRE JLA before? If so, that means Superman and Kyle are gone.

Firestorm can take Iceman (finally) since he can alter matter. We've seen Beta Ray beat thor, and Thor beat Beta ray...so that could go either way..Then Captain Marvel (which captain marvel? Mar-vell or SHAZAM?) and Sinestro can spend their time beating up on magneto.

It kinda looks like this is landsliding to team 2...

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Hasn't Martian Manhunter take out the ENTIRE JLA before? If so, that means Superman and Kyle are gone.

Firestorm can take Iceman (finally) since he can alter matter. We've seen Beta Ray beat thor, and Thor beat Beta ray...so that could go either way..Then Captain Marvel (which captain marvel? Mar-vell or SHAZAM?) and Sinestro can spend their time beating up on magneto.

It kinda looks like this is landsliding to team 2...

Martian Manhunter is not as powerful as Kyle, no way no how. Superman has also taken down the JLA before, but I wouldn't say he's as powerful as Kyle. And yes, this is the SHAZAM Captain Marvel.

batdude123
THIS IS A GOOD THREAD!

Soljer
I believe you! I really do!

Psyquis52
Superman = Captain Marvel
Magneto = Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern (Kyle) = Sinestro
Iceman =Firestorm
Thor (Classic) = Beta Ray Bill

All it takes is for one of these guys to be outmatched and the whole thing is over.

And here's my thinking: Magneto is not resistant to psychic attacks.

MM downs Magneto
Then helps Superman who in turn helps Thor and then they all help Iceman.

Everybody tries to leave Kyle and Sinestro alone because that fight is going to be a tough one to help out with.

Team one wins 6/10
There's also the possibility that Firestorm will take down Iceman fairly quick so that should allow at least 4 wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Superman = Captain Marvel
Magneto = Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern (Kyle) = Sinestro
Iceman =Firestorm
Thor (Classic) = Beta Ray Bill

All it takes is for one of these guys to be outmatched and the whole thing is over.

And here's my thinking: Magneto is not resistant to psychic attacks.

MM downs Magneto
Then helps Superman who in turn helps Thor and then they all help Iceman.

Everybody tries to leave Kyle and Sinestro alone because that fight is going to be a tough one to help out with.

Team one wins 6/10
There's also the possibility that Firestorm will take down Iceman fairly quick so that should allow at least 4 wins.

Not immune to psychic attacks? What the f**k? He wears that helmet all the time. wink

Sea King
Originally posted by batdude123
Not immune to psychic attacks? What the f**k? He wears that helmet all the time. wink

yeah ur right mags is immune to psychic attacks but im afraid he would be open for attack from an intangable mm

batdude123
Originally posted by Sea King
yeah ur right mags is immune to psychic attacks but im afraid he would be open for attack from an intangable mm

Probably.

Psyquis52

616 Magneto's helmet doesn't give him that kind of protection. That's something started by the Ultimates. There are plenty of times when Magneto has made it clear that he doesn't have that kind of protection just because of his specially designed helmet.

For instance, check out X-men 2 (I believe) the one drawn by Jim Lee. Magneto kidnaps Xavier and Moira by lifting an entire house into the air with them in it. Moira tells Xavier to psychic blast him and Magneto says, "Good idea. Knock me out that way we can all die from the fall."
Or something like that.

Magneto is not immune even with the helmet. And yes he was wearing his helmet at the time.

Sorry there aren't any scans of this. I'm at work right now.

Sea King
man this is a good tread im not sure who wins

batdude123
616 Magneto's helmet doesn't give him that kind of protection. That's something started by the Ultimates. There are plenty of times when Magneto has made it clear that he doesn't have that kind of protection just because of his specially designed helmet.

For instance, check out X-men 2 (I believe) the one drawn by Jim Lee. Magneto kidnaps Xavier and Moira by lifting an entire house into the air with them in it. Moira tells Xavier to psychic blast him and Magneto says, "Good idea. Knock me out that way we can all die from the fall."
Or something like that.

Magneto is not immune even with the helmet. And yes he was wearing his helmet at the time.

Sorry there aren't any scans of this. I'm at work right now.

wink

"Magneto also possesses some psychic abilities. Magneto has trained his mind extensively.

Telepathy: capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating thoughts over vast distances. Charles Xavier referred to Magneto's "latent telepathy" and used Magneto's help to break past the mental shields of Galactus. It should also be noted that initially their attempts were futile until Magneto became enraged at the prospect that Galactus might ignore them, and thus created a "surge," as Xavier put it, that forced Galactus to take note of them

Psionic Shield: possesses ability to create a mental barrier against psionic attack"

Sea King
wink

"Magneto also possesses some psychic abilities. Magneto has trained his mind extensively.

Telepathy: capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating thoughts over vast distances. Charles Xavier referred to Magneto's "latent telepathy" and used Magneto's help to break past the mental shields of Galactus. It should also be noted that initially their attempts were futile until Magneto became enraged at the prospect that Galactus might ignore them, and thus created a "surge," as Xavier put it, that forced Galactus to take note of them

Psionic Shield: possesses ability to create a mental barrier against psionic attack"

isent that because he has control over em spectrum and human brains have em impluses?

batdude123
Fine, it ain't because of the helmet. HAPPY? mad stick out tongue

Sea King
Fine, it ain't because of the helmet. HAPPY? mad stick out tongue

HUH??? i never said nothing about the hel

batdude123
HUH??? i never said nothing about the hel

Mental block. embarrasment Sorry. Anyway, that could very well be the reason (to your other question).

Sea King
Mental block. embarrasment Sorry. Anyway, that could very well be the reason (to your other question).

all ok (u dont have to be sorry )

bigbran
Team Uno:
Superman
Magneto
Green Lantern (Kyle)
Iceman
Thor (Classic)

Team Dos:
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Beta Ray Bill
Firestorm

Which team wins?
superman vs mm
mags vs cm
gl vs brb
icedude vs firstorm
sinestro vs thor
team2 wins, but it all cums down to who they face.

batdude123
This is a good fight if you ask me.

Swanky-Tuna
Magneto actually has 3 layers or protection from telepaths. His insane will, his EM interference, and the helmet.

Psyquis52
isent that because he has control over em spectrum and human brains have em impluses?

He does have enough control to defend himself from a direct assault but how will he know to defend himself from MM?

He's not aware of his abilities.

batdude123
According to forum rules, which person gets basic knowledge of his/her opponent. wink

Sea King
He does have enough control to defend himself from a direct assault but how will he know to defend himself from MM?

He's not aware of his abilities.

oh i agree that mm could take him but i was asking if he was a mind reader cause of the em pules in brains(batdude galdly answered big grin) but mm wouldent even have to use his mental powers to win or brut force

Psyquis52
According to forum rules, which person gets basic knowledge of his/her opponent. wink

Deal, then he may be aware of his abilities but that doesn't mean that whatever control he has over the human mind is enough to defend himself. For instance, if he has that much power then why did he get mind-wiped by Xavier after he took out the metal from Wolverine's body? Also why did he lay that trap for Xavier in Xmen issue #2?

Magneto does not have defense from upper class telepaths like MM.

At least I don't think he does. stick out tongue

Psyquis52
oh i agree that mm could take him but i was asking if he was a mind reader cause of the em pules in brains(batdude galdly answered big grin) but mm wouldent even have to use his mental powers to win or brut force

Cool with me. wink

Sea King
i say team two also

batdude123
Deal, then he may be aware of his abilities but that doesn't mean that whatever control he has over the human mind is enough to defend himself. For instance, if he has that much power then why did he get mind-wiped by Xavier after he took out the metal from Wolverine's body? Also why did he lay that trap for Xavier in Xmen issue #2?

Magneto does not have defense from upper class telepaths like MM.

At least I don't think he does. stick out tongue

Magneto (only recently) has been done holding back. He was afraid his whole life of cutting lose and until now, he wasn't going all out. Now that Magneto is using full use of his powers, who knows what the upper limit of his powers are.

Sea King
well by all rights then mags should be able to control any one with an brain that use'es em impules

Psyquis52
Magneto (only recently) has been done holding back. He was afraid his whole life of cutting lose and until now, he wasn't going all out. Now that Magneto is using full use of his powers, who knows what the upper limit of his powers are. I don't buy it. I think it's malarchy.
As I understand it, Prof X has been holding back as well and finally cut loose on him after what happened to Wolverine.
I think MM can affect him, but it doesn't matter.

This is moot.

We're all agreed that MM will take him down eventually. So I'm still alright in concept it's just the process that there's a disagreement on.

batdude123
It ain't malarchy. no Magneto of now is f*ckin creating wormholes and blackholes and a bunch of other garbage. He's MUCH more powerful now that he decided not to hold back anymore. Happy Dance

batdude123
bump...

batdude123
Nobody has any opinions? confused

Soleran
yeah I do, you suck! pirate

batdude123
sad bawling sadwalk

magneto1992
sad bawling sadwalk
Dont worry I do, I know very well about Magneto and this Macth is in mY opinon for........................................Team one, sure team 2 have
good oponents and think about thisMagneto beats Firestorm with a black hole (and you cant argue with that), and from what I just read Which is this from Beta Ray Bill (augmenting his already powerful cyborg body) which makes him more powerful that thor, with Metal muscles which from what I know Magneto can control, so It will tear him apart, So that leaves Siniestro, Mm, Marvel ( Which I dont think can beat Superman If he uses super speed) So GL can take Siniestro ( i think he had done it before) So thour, Gl, Superman and Magneto can fight MM, which I dont think can take the Whole team. Iceman can make some Popcicles so they can all rest eating

Draco69
Magneto dies first. He's human.

batdude123
Uh... he's a mutant. shifty You know, HOMO SUPERIOR! big grin However, I think his em shield could hold up quite nicely. He has been stated to be arguably the most powerful man on the planet...

Draco69
No, I mean he's human currently due to Wanda.

AND Wanda GAVE Magneto black-hole, reality-warping powers temporarily so he could save her.

Wonder Man may not be real either...

batdude123
Okay I see you talking about loopholes.... shifty Anyways, this is not the human form of Magneto. It's the non-holding back MUTANT Magneto. big grin

leonidas
team 1 7/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
team 1 7/10.

Agreed. erm

batdude123
Kahn, what do you think?

batdude123
Anybody else? confused

BobbyD
In all honestly, it comes down to the matchups....there are people on each team that could vanquish an opponent quicky, turning the odds very quickly.

...all in all, a good brain teaser, Batdude. thumb up

batdude123
Thanks! big grin

UniOmni
Team Uno:
Superman
Magneto
Green Lantern (Kyle)
Iceman
Thor (Classic)

Team Dos:
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Beta Ray Bill
Firestorm

Which team wins?

Team 2.

Firestorm is a beast on many levels. He outclasses Iceman, as in, capable of destroying all oxygen firestorm. If people wanna bring out IceGod, then we can bring out the true power of Stein, the Firestorm Elemental. Fought Brimstone, a JLA villain alone, etc. He takes Iceman.
Beta Ray and Marvel switch dancing partners, and BRB handles Superman, and aids Marvel with finishing with Thor.
Thor and Superman both hold back too much to end it early.
With Firestorm on the team next to him, Jonn' releases the Burning, and houses Magneto. He may be a favorite of mine, but Fernus is a bit much for Erik. Or Sinestro, can simply drain his shields, and let MM hit him a good one.

So now we have a winded, tired BRB, and a relatively fresh Marvel, along with a Burning Martian, and an uber Elemental, with a unruffled GL, against an Elite, but somewhat daunted GL. They snuff him.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Team 2.

Thor and Superman both hold back too much to end it early.

Thor and Superman are fighting at the best of their abilities in this fight. yes If you have Martian Manhunter bring something out that he rarely uses and have him at full potential, why skip out on Thor and Superman's full potential? confused

venom101
team 2

UniOmni
MM fighting at his best IS Fernus. Its a part of him.
Thor fighting at his best is Warrior Madness. He loses this fight, simply because he's a brute. Doesn't work the tricks of the hammer.
Superman fighting at his best, doesn't match up to Fernus. Maybe Thor. But not the Burning. And since the starter didn't specify it, no sundipping. Thats an external powerup. Fernus can solo the whole team 1, with good odds all by his lonesome.

batdude123
Thor fighting at his best is Warrior Madness. He loses this fight, simply because he's a brute. Doesn't work the tricks of the hammer.
Superman fighting at his best, doesn't match up to Fernus. Maybe Thor. But not the Burning. And since the starter didn't specify it, no sundipping. Thats an external powerup. Fernus can solo the whole team 1, with good odds all by his lonesome.

I made this thread. Martian Manhunter is not allowed to become Fernus for this battle. wink

UniOmni
Bum.

diabloman
team 2

Blair Wind

I thought he had to merge with fire or something to that effect?

And yes Firestorm is a beast, but how is he going to locate Iceman when he has no body to transmute? Iceman goes into I dont need a body mode, and how is gonna be able to track him down? If someone says that MM takes him then thats ok....but other than that no one would be able to track him....hmmm...but I just came up with a theory...let me ask theKahn about it...

Kyle beats Sinestro, Superman loses to CM (at least I think he should, Magic>Superman, Thor loses to BRB, Kyle helps mags and together they take out MM. I cant remember the rest of the people....

UniOmni
Magneto should be able to handle MM on his own. Too much iron in his blood. Thats why i had MM face somebody else.
And Sinestro doesn't lose to Kyle. Hal is the only one he jobs to. Unless Kyle and Sinus met sometime after Rebirth that i don't know about??

Milkie
WHY DO ALL THESE MAGNETO FANBOYS ALWAYS USE THE IRON IN THE BLOOD BULLSHIT. YOU ACT LIKE SOMEONE GOT A LARGE NEEDLE, FILL IT WITH LIQUID AND IRON AND INJECTED IT UP EVERYONES ASS.

EVERYONE IS NOT GOING TO HAVE HUGE AMOUNTS ON IRON IN THEIR BLOOD. EVERYONE WOULD BE RUNNING AROUND WITH FRIGGIN PARKINSON'S DISEASE.

UniOmni
Dr.Polaris proved MM has alot of iron in his blood by extracting it from his eyes. There is a reason i brought it up. Know the history before you rant.

Milkie
STFU

I'm talking about in general. People always say he will take blood from people.

UniOmni
You ain't worth my time. You used to have Spawn in ya avi. Begone lil buddy.

JOE NUNEZ
Team one , by far....

Blair Wind
.....moving on...this is a discusion I had with TheKahn right now:

Ok so I have a question about a scan that I want your opinion on. Let us start by saying that Jean Grey is a accomplished Telepath, yes? That would mean that she has an extra perceptionary sense at her disposal, yes? Then why did she not no if in fact Iceman was around when he was in I dont need a body mode?

http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p227kd.jpg

Maybe in that form, his brain is so far out, that even a telepath cant locate him?

Now this is TheKahns response to the subject:

so maybe even MM wouldnt be able to hurt him......interesting indeed

diabloman
THIS IS A GOOD THREAD! i dont like it big grin

Milkie
You ain't worth my time. You used to have Spawn in ya avi. Begone lil buddy.

LOL

Are you suppose to be mister ****in too cool? LAME

AND SPAWN IS STILL IN MY AVATAR

LOOK AT THIS RETARD CRAP

Vs. Flash

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
lift flash how?

The iron in his blood. Thats also how he could kill him

Vs. Dr. Doom

Originally posted by Never
Agreed that he can create forcefields (as can Magneto); however, the iron in his blood would not be protected, would it? Think Wolverine when Magneto leeched the adamantium out of him. Magneto can attack Dr. Doom in his forcefield. Can Doom do the same to Magneto?

Vs. All Jedi

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Magneto controls the iron in their bloodor makes a black hole. End of fight.

Vs. Storm

he rips the iron from her body its over

so sad she was a nice person

Vs. Wonder Woman

WW, as well. She has no biofield to prevent Erik from playing with her blood.

batdude123
bump evil face

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
.....moving on...this is a discusion I had with TheKahn right now:

Ok so I have a question about a scan that I want your opinion on. Let us start by saying that Jean Grey is a accomplished Telepath, yes? That would mean that she has an extra perceptionary sense at her disposal, yes? Then why did she not no if in fact Iceman was around when he was in I dont need a body mode?

http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p227kd.jpg

Maybe in that form, his brain is so far out, that even a telepath cant locate him?

Now this is TheKahns response to the subject:

Quite interesting...perhaps we should look at exactly what Iceman says: "Jean I'm kind of everywhere." Meaning that his consciousness is so spread out that he is quite literally everywhere and thus there really isn't a point where his thoughts are emanating from. Which one could suppose to mean that he is invisible to telepathic scanning (and, corresponding, attack) in that form. Quite interesting...

so maybe even MM wouldnt be able to hurt him......interesting indeed

it was on the bottom of the page....

superbatman86
Originally posted by Milkie
LOL

Are you suppose to be mister ****in too cool? LAME

AND SPAWN IS STILL IN MY AVATAR

LOOK AT THIS RETARD CRAP

Vs. Flash

Vs. Dr. Doom

Vs. All Jedi

Vs. Storm

Vs. Wonder Woman
That doesn't mean it's not an viable option.Team one wins the majority.Iceman instanly kills Firestorm,Marvel, and I'm fairly certain Sinestro(He's an alien so his physiology might be different)get taken out at the beginning because dispite their powers they're human which means an abundance of water in them.And I know firestorm can change himself but he won't have the time to do it.This leaves Beta Ray Bill and MM to get wtfpwned by the remaning team.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
it was on the bottom of the page....

Interesting indeed...

Milkie
Originally posted by superbatman86
That doesn't mean it's not an viable option.

WHATEVER

OK EVERYONE. APPARENTLY EVERY SUPERHERO IN DC, IMAGE, MARVEL, OR WHERE EVER THAT HAS BLOOD IN THEIR BODY HAS HEMOCHROMATOSIS OR PARKINSON'S DISEASE.

Milkie
They also all have

Anemia of Chronic Disease
Sickle Cell Anemia
Thalassemia
African Siderosis
Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Sideroblastic Anemia

badabing
IMO, J'onn and Firestorm may give team dos an edge.

Crease
Iceman and Magneto have the weakest durability, and both happen to be on the same team. Team 2 has no weak links in the durabity dept. For that reason I think team 2 would win a majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by Crease
Iceman and Magneto have the weakest durability, and both happen to be on the same team. Team 2 has no weak links in the durabity dept. For that reason I think team 2 would win a majority.

Iceman's durability doesn't mean much. He can spread his consciousness over any water so durability in Iceman's case means nothing. Magneto has a very powerful EM shield that could help.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by diabloman
i dont like it big grin

I don't like oysters. sick

Crease
Iceman's durability doesn't mean much. He can spread his consciousness over any water so durability in Iceman's case means nothing. Magneto has a very powerful EM shield that could help.

Can Iceman still do that? I don't read the X books and I heard he was powered down.

Magneto does shielding, but a few of the guys on team 2 could blitz him b4 he gets it up.

Soljer
Originally posted by Crease

Don't be too sure about Iceman - he really cannot be destroyed unless you actually break down the H2O molecules. Every one. All over the world. Including that in every human who is currently breathing.

Or at least, that is what is theorized. This would put him at immeasurable durability, unless it comes down to matter manipulation (which some on team 2 are capable of wink )

EDIT: and someone has already mentioned that. Forgive my repetition.

Psyquis52
Don't be too sure about Iceman - he really cannot be destroyed unless you actually break down the H2O molecules. Every one. All over the world. Including that in every human who is currently breathing.

Or at least, that is what is theorized. This would put him at immeasurable durability, unless it comes down to matter manipulation (which some on team 2 are capable of wink )

EDIT: and someone has already mentioned that. Forgive my repetition.

Even Iceman can be taken out of a fight. I don't care what his durability is. If you catch him off guard you can knock him out. That's all that needs to happen.

Soljer
CAN you knock him out? A knockout happens when the brain jars inside the skull. Iceman has neither a brain nor a skull. How can you knock out an icecube?

badabing
CAN you knock him out? A knockout happens when the brain jars inside the skull. Iceman has neither a brain nor a skull. How can you knock out an icecube?
Maybe a strong enough jolt to his entire body would faze him a bit.

Soljer
Maybe? but maybe not? And..his...body? You mean the entire hydrosphere of earth? Sure, send a jolt throughout every droplet of moisture that currently exists. Anywhere. On the face of the planet. :-|

badabing
Maybe? but maybe not? And..his...body? You mean the entire hydrosphere of earth? Sure, send a jolt throughout every droplet of moisture that currently exists. Anywhere. On the face of the planet. :-|
No, just the form he is using for the battle.

superbatman86
Originally posted by badabing
Then he just rips the water out of someone on the opposing team killing them.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by badabing

The thing is that he could confuse someone by doing this while in his spread out form:

http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyiceman057fs.jpg
http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyiceman044zi.jpg

basically a moving version of this:
http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iceclone7ba.jpg
http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iceclone25ag.jpg

batdude123
Bump

Galan007
team 2. imo.

Philosophía
Superman > Marvel
Thor > Beta Ray Bill
Iceman < MM
Kyle < Sinestro
Magneto > Firestorm (take it fanboys uhuh)

Sinestro & MM < Superman/Thor/Magneto
Team 1, imo.

batdude123

Galan007

gobstakid777
This is a good fight if you ask me.
this really is a good fight. good job
I'll give it to team 1 6/10 big grin

Bouboumaster
team 2

Harbinger
Team 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.