Wolverine & Colossus vs Gambit & Rogue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
Can the lovers take down the metallic duo?

Accel
Edge to Wolverine and Colossus. Wolverine can take Gambit's explosions and school him in H2H and Colossus can't be affected by Rogue's powers while he is in metallic form. Because of this, Colossus could probably take this himself.

The question, however, is can Gambit charge Colossus's metallic coating? If so, Gambit and Rogue's odds increase significantly.

Marvel Boy
wolverine and Colossus

nimrod009
Don't forget Rogue can fly. She can carry Gambit and blast away at them...just something to think about stick out tongue

TheKahn
Originally posted by nimrod009
Don't forget Rogue can fly. She can carry Gambit and blast away at them...just something to think about stick out tongue

Exactly. While Wolverine and Colossus do have the edge in durability this is far exceeded by Rogue's ability to fly. She can carry herself and Gambit well out the offensive range of the other two and attack them from a safe distance. Besides given Rogue's power absorption, all she and Gambit need to do is temporarily incapacitate either Wolverine and/or Colossus so that she has a few moments to physically touch them thus killing them or at least taking them out of the fight.

Draco69
Or she can just go nova and blast Wolverine to a skeleton while Colossus melts into a puddle...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Draco69
Or she can just go nova and blast Wolverine to a skeleton while Colossus melts into a puddle...

Rouge can't go Nova no

Thats only HT no expression

Colossus and Wolverine win this 10/10 wink

Draco69
Not with Sunfire's powers she can. She wields the plasma energy of the sun so she could go semi-nova if she wanted. Wolverine certainly wouldn't be able to stop her.

Colossus' best bet is to do a thunderclap off the bat.

Grimm22
Not with Sunfire's powers she can. She wields the plasma energy of the sun so she could go semi-nova if she wanted. Wolverine certainly wouldn't be able to stop her.

Colossus' best bet is to do a thunderclap off the bat.

Eh I would say a 1/8th of a Nova wink

Still though, yeah that would be like what 200,000 thousand degrees, Colossus would probobly be able to survive that but Wolverine would be bacon stick out tongue

Accel
Originally posted by TheKahn
Exactly. While Wolverine and Colossus do have the edge in durability this is far exceeded by Rogue's ability to fly. She can carry herself and Gambit well out the offensive range of the other two and attack them from a safe distance. Besides given Rogue's power absorption, all she and Gambit need to do is temporarily incapacitate either Wolverine and/or Colossus so that she has a few moments to physically touch them thus killing them or at least taking them out of the fight.
She can't affect Colossus with her touch as long as he's in his metallic form though. Colossus has some high durability feats, I doubt Gambit would be able to knock him out (unless he can charge Colossus's metallic coating) and I believe Colossus has taken heat before and gotten back up.

Draco69
Pyro actually pushed him once to his melting point. So Rogue should be able to do same if she pours on the heat.

ExtraMision5555
Colossus has a hidden ability that allows him to jump as high as he can imagine

he could just jump and catch rouge/gambit and squeeze them as tight as he can imagine (another hidden ability)

Mr.V
Originally posted by Accel
She can't affect Colossus with her touch as long as he's in his metallic form though. Colossus has some high durability feats, I doubt Gambit would be able to knock him out (unless he can charge Colossus's metallic coating) and I believe Colossus has taken heat before and gotten back up.

I dont believe gambit would be able to, the metal is organic after all; which gambit cant charge if im correct.

riceroost
Wolverine and Colossus would crush these two. Wolverine will take out Gambit in under a minute and Colossus is impervious to Rogue's touch, stronger, and more durable than she is.

Rogue flying offers no advantage. She isn't going to beat either of these two from the air and she herself is not guaranteed to be safe. If Colossus can hurl Wolverine at escape velocity at an alien ship, he can hit Rogue with a fastball special.

batdude123
Fastball special anyone? shifty

Draco69
Wolverine: Fastball special, Pete!

Colossus: Da!

*Wolverine flys towards Rogue*

*FWOOOOOOSH*

*Charred remains of Wolverine falls to the ground*

batdude123
no expression

Mr.V
Or they could do it the other way; i've seen it i tell you! even though colossus weighs over 1 ton! mwahahaha.. love inconsistencies! big grin stick out tongue

batdude123
He weighs 500 pounds. no expression

Black Rob
RoGambit gets owned by Wolvelossus

riceroost
Originally posted by Mr.V
Or they could do it the other way; i've seen it i tell you! even though colossus weighs over 1 ton! mwahahaha.. love inconsistencies! big grin stick out tongue ???

Colossus weighs about 500 lbs. When has it been said that he weighs a ton? And I believe Wolverine threw Colossus at Phoenix when they were all on the moon when Peter was in human form, meaning less gravity, and it's easy for Wolverine to throw a 250 lb human when he's hurled armored Colossus at Juggernaut hard enough to knock Marko on his ass.

Black Rob
Don't forget Rogue can fly. She can carry Gambit and blast away at them...just something to think about stick out tongue You know i never thought of that. One thing to consider though is Colossus can chuck Wolverine at them with a fastball special. On the ground,Gambit Vs Wolvie could logically go either way,but Colossus Vs Rogue leans way more toward Colossus.She can't affect him and he's a lot stronger so that's pretty much a win.And if Colossus fights Gambit it's a wrap. I like Gambit but i highly doubt he could beat Colossus. Wolverine could probably slice up Rogue with an assist from Colossus as well so i just dont see how RoGambit would win this

Edit: You know i forgot we were talking about Sunfire Rogue! That could change things since she could pretty much incinerate Wolvie without engaging him. The only way Wolvie could even touch her is if Colossus throws him.Not to mention Colossus is vulnerable to heat. Given this new thought i think RoGambit actually could win.If Rogue or Gambit take out Wolve first they could gang up Colossus.RoGambit wins 7/10

Mr.V
Whoops thinking about the wrong colossus, sorry. and he threw him in that logan files arc when hes dead and in heaven. Colossus comes to save wolverine from all of his killed opponents, he picks him up and chucks him at them.

But seeing as this is a dream its proably not real. And he wasnt actually dead at that time, just with ord. So yeah its not real stick out tongue soz.

Draco69

Here's a scenario. Rogue absorbs Gambit's powers. Rogue flies in the sky. Rogue opens a can of whoopass devastation on to Colossus and Wolverine.

Seriously, Rogue and Gambit KNOW about the fastball special. They've seen it hundreds of times. They're not gonna waste time pelting Colossus. No, they're gonna go after Wolverine and melt his bacon off his bones.

No fastball special anymore. Colossus has a melting point as well as shown by Pyro.

Rogue can just simply vambush the area where Wolvie and Pete reside and reduce them to a metal puddle and a metal skeleton.

Draco69
Originally posted by Black Rob

Edit: You know i forgot we were talking about Sunfire Rogue! That could change things since she could pretty much incinerate Wolvie without engaging him. The only way Wolvie could even touch her is if Colossus throws him.Not to mention Colossus is vulnerable to heat. Given this new thought i think RoGambit actually could win.If Rogue or Gambit take out Wolve first they could gang up Colossus.RoGambit wins 7/10

smile

Mr.V
Wait since when is this sunfire rogue btw? Cos the thread starter didnt specify so. no expression jw.

Mr.V
Is she actually that good with them anyways? i havent ever seen her use them.

Draco69
She gained them like two years ago almost. She's had it for quite sometime. And I refuse to read any comic concerning her until she get's her super-strength back...

Mr.V
If you dont read it how do you know if shes got her super-strength back?

StyleTime
Rogue and Gambit take this one as long as they don't do something rediculously stupid. Wolverine should be fried at the start and it'll only be a matter of time before Colossus melts.
She gained them like two years ago almost. She's had it for quite sometime. And I refuse to read any comic concerning her until she get's her super-strength back...
It does feel wierd not having classic Rogue there.

Draco69
I'm psychic.

Mr.V
I'm psychic.

ah your excuse not to read any comic with x in the title? confused dont be embaressed.. we all have one stick out tongue

Draco69
I read Astonishing X-Men that's it for me in the X-World. X-Men sucks. Uncanny X-Men sucks harder.

I occasionally read New X-Men though...

riceroost
On the ground,Gambit Vs Wolvie could logically go either way Not really. Gambit should get annihilated by Wolverine about 9/10. Only good showing Gambit has against Wolverine is when Wolverine was distracted, berating Lady Deathstrike, and his Healing Factor was just about non-existant.
That could change things since she could pretty much incinerate Wolvie without engaging him. Wolverine handles being burnt to a crisp a lot better than most seem to think. Yeah she could fry his ass, but her flames wont stop Wolverine in the middle of a fastball special. A flaming Wolverine will still hit her mostly alive and at about 500 mph. Without invulnerability the impact will kill her.

Sunfire Rogue is both more of and less of a threat to these two. She can hurt Colossus now, and can hurt Wolverine easier, but it would still take all her attention to battle Colossus, since he's not going to melt down instantly. Colossus is not helpless if she's in the air. Ripping up a piece of pavement and chucking it at her will kill her if she gets hit by it. She is also going to have to fight both of them after the first minute as Wolverine will kill Gambit very quickly. And in the case that Gambit engages Colossus, Peter can pretty much ignore Gambit and just attack Rogue anyway.

StyleTime
Originally posted by riceroost
Not really. Gambit should get annihilated by Wolverine about 9/10. Only good showing Gambit has against Wolverine is when Wolverine was distracted, berating Lady Deathstrike, and his Healing Factor was just about non-existant.
No Gambit won't get annihilated by Wolverine. haven't you noticed he never fights to his fullest against Wolverine? He should at the very minimum be equal to Wolverine.
Wolverine handles being burnt to a crisp a lot better than most seem to think. Yeah she could fry his ass, but her flames wont stop Wolverine in the middle of a fastball special. A flaming Wolverine will still hit her mostly alive and at about 500 mph. Without invulnerability the impact will kill her.
True, it may not stop Wolverine. It's not like she can't just dodge him though. Not to mention, Wolverine should get fried at the start.

Sunfire Rogue is both more of and less of a threat to these two. She can hurt Colossus now, and can hurt Wolverine easier, but it would still take all her attention to battle Colossus, since he's not going to melt down instantly. Colossus is not helpless if she's in the air. Ripping up a piece of pavement and chucking it at her will kill her if she gets hit by it. She is also going to have to fight both of them after the first minute as Wolverine will kill Gambit very quickly. And in the case that Gambit engages Colossus, Peter can pretty much ignore Gambit and just attack Rogue anyway.
If Rogue is in the air, she can dodge or have Gambit assault any pieces of debris launched at her.

badabing
IMO, Gambit is agile enough to keep Colossus busy for a few minutes. What is stopping Rogue from damaging Wolverine and then absorbing his healing factor. I'd think that would leave Logan in bad way.

Grimm22
Wolverine and Colossus would crush these two. Wolverine will take out Gambit in under a minute and Colossus is impervious to Rogue's touch, stronger, and more durable than she is.

Rogue flying offers no advantage. She isn't going to beat either of these two from the air and she herself is not guaranteed to be safe. If Colossus can hurl Wolverine at escape velocity at an alien ship, he can hit Rogue with a fastball special.

Wow this may be the first time in history I actually agree with you Roost no expression

Grimm22
I read Astonishing X-Men that's it for me in the X-World. X-Men sucks. Uncanny X-Men sucks harder.

I occasionally read New X-Men though...

Yep big grin

Of course both X-men and Uncanny are getting new teams which should make them good again wink

New X-men rocks! Its even to Astonishing for me big grin

tyranus
since the guy who started this tread didnt specify im gonna guess he meant extrem x-men rogue, the one who has all absorbed abilities,
they die in less than 5 secs.

wink wink wink joking!!

Now taking it seriously ....sigh....

I think even the new rogue and gambit can win this, the fastball special wont work, anyone remeber when logan tried jumping to that sentinel in day of future past, now think about rogue doing something even more awful.

Colossus-Big C
when did wolverine fastball colossus hard enough to knock juggernaut back?
how strong is wolverine?

Parmaniac
If Rogue touches Wolverine T1 is in serious trouble...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how strong is wolverine?

Uncanny X-Men #102. Same issue your sig is from.

Hard to say. Estimated Class 2. He's stronger while in berserker rage.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Uncanny X-Men #102. Same issue your sig is from.

Hard to say. Estimated Class 2. He's stronger while in berserker rage.
yup

snoopdogg
Team two stomps.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how strong is wolverine? It wasn't a fastball. Logan grabbed Colossus by his arm and swung him at Juggernaut, then Colossus punched him which is what actually knocked him back.

Lord_Talron
Can the lovers take down the metallic duo? im confused, what about gambit and rogue is metallic?

Parmaniac
laughing

Colossus-Big C
laughing out loud smh

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
im confused, what about gambit and rogue is metallic? laughing out loud

the ninjak
Rogue wins. Gambit provides support.

KingD19
Just to clarify.....Colossus is over a ton. Him weighing 500lbs is frickin stupid.

You've got a guy nearly 300lbs in his human form, and becoming solid metal(skin, hair, eyes, organs, bones, muscles, everything) only gains him another 200lbs?

Juggernaut is 900lbs...Hulk is 800lbs.

On panel it's been stated at least 2-3 times he weighs over a ton....

Oh, and the two foreigners win.....Colossus tanked Pyro's attack, and survived something close to re-entry where he was burning white hot.

Mindset
Pretty sure Rogue doesn't have those powers now, and Gambit still have death powers I think.

What happens when Rogue touches Colossus?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure Rogue doesn't have those powers now, and Gambit still have death powers I think.

What happens when Rogue touches Colossus?

I believe you are correct.

He immune is what people are saying. He was shown immune before, however she has also shown the ability to uses his powers. So I not entirely sure if he is in fact immune or that was a one time showing.

KingD19
Gambits death powers are ill-defined at the moment....and he hasn't shown his gas thing since his time with Apocalypse, although he can probably still do that.

And Rogue only affects Colossus in his human form....in metal form she doesn't affect him.

Mindset
Has he shown resistance recently, her absorption powers have gotten a lot stronger and she is more skilled in using them?

KingD19
She hasn't tried to absorb him recently...and it was shown that he kissed her in his metal form because he knew she wouldn't affect him. She also wouldn't have been able to absorb his powers in the fight against Nimrod if he'd remained conscious, as he would be in his metal form.

SImply put, she can't absorb him, Gambit can't charge his metal, and his death powers will have no effect since Colossus doesn't need to breathe.

Mindset
Shut up, King.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
She hasn't tried to absorb him recently...and it was shown that he kissed her in his metal form because he knew she wouldn't affect him. She also wouldn't have been able to absorb his powers in the fight against Nimrod if he'd remained conscious, as he would be in his metal form.

SImply put, she can't absorb him, Gambit can't charge his metal, and his death powers will have no effect since Colossus doesn't need to breathe.

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
how much heaver is metal than flesh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.