Best Alien vs Predator game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
which one is it?? is it the first one, the second one thats the gold edition or w/e, Primal Hunt, Extinction, what? confused

SaTsuJiN
I like the 2nd one for PC... good times thumb up

like that one time I slowly crawled down the wall behind my crouching friend ninja ... I was like.. "RAWR!"

Smasandian
Yeah, the second one by far.

I heared the expansion pack really sucked ass.

But the storyline in the second was really really good, while each mission was excellent. I really cant see any faults with the singleplayer game at all. Nothing beats that level where you go in and try to find your friend....**** that was scary, and pretty much how I felt while watching Aliens.

SaTsuJiN
imagine what they could do with the current generations graphics... eek!

I think they used half life 1 engine (modified) for AvP 2

I'd definately check it out if it were to be as good quality as avp2

thegmeister53
Human campaign was by far the best. I was scared shitless. Did anyone actually buy the expansion?

thegmeister53
My worst mistake was buying the game and forgetting to take out the little internet key code thing. I threw it out and now I can't play online. I felt like an idiot. sad

braz
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I like the 2nd one for PC... good times thumb up

like that one time I slowly crawled down the wall behind my crouching friend ninja ... I was like.. "RAWR!"

is that the gold edition, Primal Hunt or Extinction?

SaTsuJiN
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensversuspredator2/index.html

regular #2 .. I saw the trailer for it in a VHS I had (back then of course) of ALIEN.. I was like "wow someone did the characters justice.." so I snagged it on my next outing

braz
dude that looks awesome. yea ill get that version. but btw, can u use the shoulder cannon on the game as a pred?

SaTsuJiN
of course... it uses "energy" though... the same energy that your cloaking feeds off of...

you get an 'energy pack' that you can use to replenish it.. but you can only do that one time

pretty sure in this pic he just hit the human with the cannon

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2001/pc/featurepreviews/avp2/avp2_screen002.jpg

but yeah those blue symbols to the upper right of the screen is your energy.. green on the left is your HP (which you can pull out a predator med-kit, and stab yourself to replenish.)

Smasandian
imagine what they could do with the current generations graphics... eek!

I think they used half life 1 engine (modified) for AvP 2

I'd definately check it out if it were to be as good quality as avp2

That would be too much. I would literally crap my pants if a facehugger made love to my face in XBOX 360 graphics.

It wasnt an modified HL1 engine. It was the Lithtech engine that also had NOFL and a couple of others. I think it was produced by Monolith, the second best FPS maker theyre is today.

SaTsuJiN
ah.. it reminded me of HL1 for some reason confused

had lots of crazy moments.. like when I used the net gun on my nephew and as he frantically tried to cut his way out, I walked up to him and cut his head off.. ninja

Smasandian
Hahah, yeah.

My crayist moment is definitly playing the MP on where the Alien life stages are in effect. Oh, god, getting facehug in MP was frightening and somewhat embarressing.

Other thing that I loved was if you played Team DM and you played as an marine, I loved how everybody stuck together. Couple of guys had smart guns, while others had plasma's, and then atleast a couple had snipers, and one smart guy had emp grenades.... not alien or predator was going to **** with that group. That was kinda of fun.
But it sucked when you died, because your by yourself, and you probalby would of been killed again shortly.

SaTsuJiN
yeah my friend laughed himself sick at how the faster I clicked the mouse, the more violent of a seizure the corpse would have before the chest burster popped out laughing out loud

its also comical watching a marine try to kill a lil tiny facehugger with such huge weapons... *puts on sunglasses* cool *whips out the artillery* die die die die die 2guns alien1

Utaro
The second one for the PC is the best one. I still play it online.

Smasandian
yeah my friend laughed himself sick at how the faster I clicked the mouse, the more violent of a seizure the corpse would have before the chest burster popped out laughing out loud

its also comical watching a marine try to kill a lil tiny facehugger with such huge weapons... *puts on sunglasses* cool *whips out the artillery* die die die die die 2guns alien1

Yeah. It's funny.

Or even more funny, is trying to shoot the chestbuster and getting killed....that's just bad.

The Highlord
the facehuggers are a joke in MP IMO they are far to easy to frag with humans by using the grade launcher with the assult riffle and you got your rader so you should just spin around until you target them sad however the single player I only played with predator and human, and it was all good, I hope they make a new one soon, the aliens never appealed me in the AVP games simply cause its to easy all there is are humans when playing predator you would meet tons of aliens which was fun, but playing aliens is simply to broing, I'd rather play it with MP for awhile that could be fun jumping around with the predalien was awesome.

thegmeister53
What I hate is how aliens are always portrayed as the bad guy; you wade through tons of them in the marine campaign, but face only 1 predator.

The Highlord
Would be fun for us to fight humans aswell, sorta like 1 group that tries to keep up human and predator cloning or something, then we could have some more meat ont he bone and not just alien zergs

Smasandian
Originally posted by The Highlord
Would be fun for us to fight humans aswell, sorta like 1 group that tries to keep up human and predator cloning or something, then we could have some more meat ont he bone and not just alien zergs

But you face off against humans in all three campaigns of AVP2.

Also, only fighting one predators is pretty much Predators do. People would be up in arms if you faced off against numerous Predators at the same time.
It would kinda of destroy the whole point of the Predator ?

braz
Happy Dance i just ordered this game off ebay. big grin

thegmeister53
Nice, you won't regret it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.