Superman vs Green Lantern(Alan Scott)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fearless_lf
Superman vs Green Lantern(Alan Scott) but Alan Does Not have The Wood Weakness.

Sea King
Originally posted by Fearless_lf
Superman vs Green Lantern(Alan Scott) but Alan Does Not have The Wood Weakness.

allan takes this cause his ring is magic so if he made unbreakable chins that traped superman then superman aint gonna break them as for the speed blitz wont help here two ressions

1)he makes a sheild that protects him from all harm that superman could do to him in any way

2)he makes the ring auto tp him out the way with faster reaction then superman can move when superman trys to hit him

Sea King
oh come on peoples i know their is someone on here who wants to say something on this tread sad

Skeets
Alan 6/10 as would any of the good Green Lanterns.

Tron
Any GL should have an advantage over Superman. Alan would more than the rest, his power being of magical origin.

Private Pion
I sure hope someone posts the infamous 'WOK!' panel.

batdude123
Alan wins.

grey fox
Alan does that nifty little trick where he uses the ring to create an army of angry miners equipped with spades and picks. They then beat the SHIT out of supes.....

Darth Martin
Alan Scott Rules.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Private Pion
I sure hope someone posts the infamous 'WOK!' panel.

What? ... confused

Jesse7
Red Sun Superman went up against a legion of Green Laterns, they all focused on him at the same time to constrict him, RS superman shattered their constructs and their will power. It was pointed out that the one with the stronger will power is the victor, a GL's source of power is his will, if Supermans Will is greater then the GL's then they are rendered in effect powerless against him.

Also it has been shown that superman can will himself through magic.

illadelph12
Starheart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman's will.

Sea King
Originally posted by Jesse7
Red Sun Superman went up against a legion of Green Laterns, they all focused on him at the same time to constrict him, RS superman shattered their constructs and their will power. It was pointed out that the one with the stronger will power is the victor, a GL's source of power is his will, if Supermans Will is greater then the GL's then they are rendered in effect powerless against him.

Also it has been shown that superman can will himself through magic.

i have to say im not convinced. first this is alan scott not a normal gl his ring is magic.

but you say superman has been shown to will him self through magic. ok if this is true show me proof. also show me the proof that he can will him self through magic as powerful as allans.

and on a side note allan is the master of useing his ring indirectly so even if the ring has no effect on superman directly he could take him indirectly.

Jesse7
I disagree completely, Supermans will was strong enough to break the gates of heaven, to wrestle and angel, to wield the sword of Superman, and eventually to become Superman Prime and weild the last of the green lantern rings.

Unless you have on panel evidence to show that the starhearts will>>>>>>>>>>>>>supermans will as you so claim, then your claim holds no ground.

As for the on panel evidence of superman willing himself through magic ill get back to you on that one quickly.

Skeets
I disagree completely, Supermans will was strong enough to break the gates of heaven, to wrestle and angel, to wield the sword of Superman, and eventually to become Superman Prime and weild the last of the green lantern rings.

Unless you have on panel evidence to show that the starhearts will>>>>>>>>>>>>>supermans will as you so claim, then your claim holds no ground.

As for the on panel evidence of superman willing himself through magic ill get back to you on that one quickly.
Both of your post "holds no ground" your using different Supermans and some who aren't even in current continuity.

Blair Wind
Plus. Alan is close to Hal jordan in power right? that means Willpower is about equal right? When Hal was looking for a succesor once the ring told him that Superman has a lesser will than his erm

Jesse7
Feat wise, hasn't superman shown that his will power is greater then that of any other?

Sea King

ok then how bout this since you say superman can now over come magic it could still pirce his heart or cut off his head so whats to stop allan from sending a sword construct to cut off supermans head and the sword could be moveing 100x faster then sups top reaction/movement speed. unless of course he has lost that weakness altogether and unless you can show proof of this then im not believeing you anytime soon.

Skeets
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Plus. Alan is close to Hal jordan in power right? that means Willpower is about equal right? When Hal was looking for a succesor once the ring told him that Superman has a lesser will than his erm
There's some Comics that claim that Superman has the Strongest will in the universe..erm
Even though we all know that Hal who has the strongest will.
Alan smokes Superman the starhearts Magic in nature which makes things much worse for Superman.

Skeets
Feat wise, hasn't superman shown that his will power is greater then that of any other?
No,no expression that's HaL.

Blair Wind

You try holding a universe destroying blast in your hands erm

If he truely had the will power, hed have a GL ring. Thats just the way I see it...

Sea King
Originally posted by Blair Wind
You try holding a universe destroying blast in your hands erm

If he truely had the will power, hed have a GL ring. Thats just the way I see it...

and i think you just put that in the best way it could be put cool

Blair Wind
Thank you big grin

Sea King
no prob big grin

DigiMark007
Alan. My boy could take Supes to town. And by town, I mean beat the snot out of him.

Auto-shields into magical beatdown = can't be beaten by speedblitz.

And yeah, canon Supes has been shown to overpower GLs now and then. But any GL worth his salt has feats that can stand toe-to-toe with Supes, and Alan's magic is just another trump card.

Grimm22
If he had the wood weakness, I would say that Supes would build himself woodarmor stick out tongue

kgkg
Alan will get more wins......... but it's so funny how Superman have been abusing Gl's from time to time tho.

Why they don't use the powers to exploit weakness is beyond me

Sea King
Originally posted by Grimm22
If he had the wood weakness, I would say that Supes would build himself woodarmor stick out tongue

that wouldent realy matter. the fact is one of Allans bigest enemys is solomon grunday.

(im a real comic geek i read more golden age then any other kinds of comics i even have an allan scott poster on my wall)

Validus
Originally posted by kgkg
Alan will get more wins......... but it's so funny how Superman have been abusing Gl's from time to time tho.

Why they don't use the powers to exploit weakness is beyond me
Maybe the situation will be rectified soon.....then again, probably not. weep

Sea King
Originally posted by Validus

for posting that pic of kil stomping on sups face i think your my new best friend eek!

Grimm22

AMAZING! eek!

Is that a cover to somthing?

Validus
Superman/Batman #29

batdude123

Knowing Superman/Batman, it'll probably have Superman and Batman taking out Hal and Kilowog in the most stupid way possible. laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by batdude123
Knowing Superman/Batman, it'll probably have Superman and Batman taking out Hal and Kilowog in the most stupid way possible. laughing

Hmmm......

I'm thinking the post-crisis revival of Super-Weaving !

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Probably right but I have high hopes for at least a fair showing. Verheiden isn't a big fanboy writer like Loeb. If Batman takes out either Hal or Kilowog, there will be hell to pay. mad

batdude123
Probably right but I have high hopes for at least a fair showing. Verheiden isn't a big fanboy writer like Loeb. If Batman takes out either Hal or Kilowog, there will be hell to pay. mad

laughing yes

Darth Martin
Alan Scott is my favorite GL followed closely by Hal.

Sea King
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Alan Scott is my favorite GL followed closely by Hal.

mine is kyle then allan scott then hal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.