Transformers Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth_royke
theres a teaser pic at http://www.transformersmovie.com/

any idea who it is? megatron or galvatron perhaps? looks too rounded an eye for prime

Impediment
I put my money on Optimus.

RZA
Wow 25 days, it's coming out in less than a month?

I think it's Unicron stick out tongue

Live action Transformers...hmm...I dunno...sounds kinda good on the surface but also might be crap.

Anybody here remember the animated movie?

darth_royke
yeah i have it.... damn good movie too considering it was made in the eighties. nice rock soundtrack too

X-Blade
Did anyone realize the release date was 2007, not in the twenty something days remaining on the timer? sorry to kill the buzz but its probably why there isnt any trailers out yet.

RZA
^^Aww man, why did you have to be such a party pooper? sad

darth_royke
the countdown is for the teaser trailer.... cant wait for that... let alone the film!!!!!

Impediment
Even if it IS a Michael Bay film.........................I'm kinda excited.

Silverstein
IGN says its an eye of a Decepticon, maybe Megatron?

-i think this movie will be great

Xam
the eye is megatron

kanis
devil The transforming from robot to car or viceversa better be good they should do it like that car advert where the car changes into a robot and then dances then changes back and the newer one is even better with it skating across ice.

RZA
^^Do you have a link to this?

Milkie
I have a clip of the movie

http://lolzing.com/albums/GIFsMthruZ/starscream.gif

Darth Venom
the teaser pic is the Autobot symbol.

Darth Venom
lol, i no of a website that has many Transformers videos, movie news, movie polls & more, at www.freewebs.com/jasonluke2005

RZA
It's been confirmed. Here's what Optimus Prime will look like. eek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZUGqRYlJk&mode=suggested&search=

Darth Venom
that has been on my site for 2 years and it is not from the movie!!

confirmed by who ?

darth_royke
i doubt it. at the comic book show a year or two ago they had a lorry and trailer under a sheet which they never showed, but it was an extremely similar shape as teh original. i think it was when the film was first announced. whether it has any bearing i dont know... but i hope so

Silverstein
yeah, just search em on YouTube

just seeing all the fake, yet pretty cool/amazing cgi transformations from the videos, got me all stoked!! if those fake vids look awesome, imagine the real deal

RZA
I was obviously just kidding guys stick out tongue

Those videos did look cool, especially the bumble bee one.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by RZA
I was obviously just kidding guys stick out tongue

Those videos did look cool, especially the bumble bee one.

Joking or not, that was the coolest damn video I've seen on the internet in a long time. A long time. big grin

RZA
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was pretty funny with the whole car salesman spin on it. I love it when he turns around and fires his rockets at him laughing Boy that guy was really trying to make the sale.

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by RZA
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was pretty funny with the whole car salesman spin on it. I love it when he turns around and fires his rockets at him laughing Boy that guy was really trying to make the sale.

I'm stealing this now to show on the OTF! I'll give you credit, though! big grin

Darth Venom
these are all on my website

OB1-adobe
why do I have premonitions that this movie will be like AVP.

No name actors, stupid story.

the tag line: Their war, our world

kinda like: whoever wins, we lose

Silverstein
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

-you cannot compare something like AVP to Transformers mad

-they do have well named actors, and besides, its Transformers cool

RZA
^^Yeah, transformers kick ass! rock

Transformers...more than meets the eye...transformers...robots in disguise.....whistle

Silverstein
i wonder what theyll do to the theme song for the movie, the original 80s metal version is pretty cool.

i think they'll go for a techno version for the 2007 movie

GallantKnight
Just saw the one sheet, looked freakin' cool! Still, I got my doubts.

Darth Venom
I think the trailer will be crap, I think we will hear some guy saying something like "There War. Our World", and then we will get a quick shot of a Transformer. (Hopefully Optimus Prime)

Silverstein
news: partially transformed BumbleBee picture @ SHH&aintitcoolnews

what do you guys think?

Darth Venom
Amazeing i love it, Its faceing up the way

cain marko
Originally posted by Silverstein
news: partially transformed BumbleBee picture @ SHH&aintitcoolnews

what do you guys think?

thats sooo cool looks kinda plastic tho :s cant wait for the trailer

OB1-adobe
Possible Trailer description:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=7760

Silverstein
the description sounds so blah.

Moonlight
I agree, but that is just a "possible" description, they dont even know how the person found out.

OB1-adobe
Why would they be on Mars. Or more importantly.....so happen to be on the exact same location on planet with a little probe, no bigger than a Power wheel.

Moonlight
weren't the Cybertron's base on Mars? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I wasnt a vivid transformer fan when I was a kid.

LanceWindu
Possible Trailer description:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=7760

The trailer already released...no expression

Silverstein
SOMEONE find a link to the OFFICIAL trailer!

Moonlight
For some reason the official site wont load for me, but thats where the trailer is..

cain marko
w00t i'm loading it now can wait to see it doubt we'll see much though... do you want me to post some pics?

BakaXero
i hate teasers disgust

Silverstein
Originally posted by cain marko
w00t i'm loading it now can wait to see it doubt we'll see much though... do you want me to post some pics?

yes please post some pics

Moonlight
Teasers suck xD I really wanna watch this movie though

Silverstein
ya, i just seen the trailer it was so bad sad

i wouldve THOUGHT they show the main actor getting the car, and finding out the car transforms, and some scenes where optimus says a few lines that explains the plot, ATLEAST.

darth_royke
thats a trailer... the whole point of a teaser is to show very little and just make you think... its called using your imagination. i thought the trailer was great... if not how it should be relating to the story. i do like how they've tied it in with modern fact though.

Silverstein
Originally posted by darth_royke
thats a trailer... the whole point of a teaser is to show very little and just make you think... its called using your imagination. i thought the trailer was great... if not how it should be relating to the story. i do like how they've tied it in with modern fact though.

well, the Spider-man 3 teaser trailer was really impressive compared to the Transformers one.

i still look forward to Transformers dont get me wrong, i just expected some sort of conflict to be shown in the trailer. Like a visually plot summary i guess.

cain marko
WTF the trailer annoyed me. plus transformers from mars? maybe they have been traveling through space! although it may not be too bad if they're from mars i supose

office jesus
...You people are missing the whole point behind a teaser. It's supposed to generate buzz and talk about the movie. And that's all it did. Guess what? You're talking about it. Personally? I liked it. Thought it did what it should've done. Few lines of text, then a shadowy figure of a robot.. Still stoked for it. And why in the bloody hell is this thread in an Animation forum? It's live action.

cain marko
the machines are animated.....maybe that is why and i can see most of the action sequennces will be...also i agree with you on the trailer but i am annoyed that we have to wait ages to see the transformers

Silverstein
Originally posted by office jesus
...You people are missing the whole point behind a teaser. It's supposed to generate buzz and talk about the movie. And that's all it did. Guess what? You're talking about it. Personally? I liked it. Thought it did what it should've done. Few lines of text, then a shadowy figure of a robot.. Still stoked for it. And why in the bloody hell is this thread in an Animation forum? It's live action.

the Sp3 teaser revealed a lot and still generated a lot of buzz and still needs questions to be answered, there is just not enough to be psyked about from the Transformers teaser. Shots of Nasa workplace, shots of mars rover landing, shadowy robot shot. logo. thats it?

meh, maybe the full length trailer will have a visual plot summary or something.

darth_royke
the thing is with trailers for me, is that they show too much. you can normally guess whats going to happen just by watching a miunte long trailer. i dont want tha, i wanna go into the cinema and not know too much about the film, you're more than often more happy with the film that way.

Harry Potter Ch
This movie's production budget has to be pretty big seeing how ambitious the concept of "Transformers" is. OMFG! Great! I can't wait for a full trailer!

Darth Venom
So who do you guys think the shadowy robot is, Im guessing Megatron or Soundwave ?

Silverstein
i cant really make an educated guess on who it is. i think Megatron too, cuz the head is almost shaped like that...but i dont think Megatron would want to get his hands dirty, he'll probably get his henchmen to smash the robot for him...lol

kanis
vampire Don't know it could have been starscream anyway in the original transformers the autobots awoke on earth in a ship called the ark when an volcano erupyed awaking both autobots and decepticons, so i don't know why they are in the film are from mars.

Norge
Does anyone know which transformers are supposed to be in the film yet? Who would people like to see the most?

Silverstein
Originally posted by Norge
Does anyone know which transformers are supposed to be in the film yet? Who would people like to see the most?

for sure:
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee -
Megatron

unconfirmed:
Starscream
Scorpanok
SoundWave

thats all i know.

supposedly some leaked scripts are good, and i heard some others suck bad, that megatron doesnt appear til the 3rd act, and that most transformers have no lines..etc.

kanis
vampire Just the more well known autobots and decepticons. But in future films i would like to see the dinobots because they kick ass.

redcaped
Transformers is the same as Santa Claus...I mean, who created them in real life? They got it all from Japan, only thing is that they are man made machines not aliens. The essence of life could never be Technology.

OB1-adobe
Did anybody see that Heineken comercial were the probe lands on Mars and "Transforms" into a Heineken sign?

Kinda in coincedence with the trailer don't ya think

Silverstein
a weird coincidence.

Did Michael Bay direct Bad Boys II?

Sadako of Girth
Don't worry about the Mars thing. Thats not gonna be in the movie.

Silverstein
any news yet??

did they reveal anything about the new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE at comic con???

WrathfulDwarf
I saw the trailer at Comic con and was completely heart broken when Michael Bay's name came out. I decided today to check if it was true...and it is true...he will direct this film. sad

Silverstein
wait whats wrong with micheal bay exactly...

cain marko

armagedon, pearl harbour need we say more

they have designed some new transformers to be in it. on superhero hype there is a link to a video and the actors mention some of the Transformers who are in it

OB1-adobe

Michael "Summer movie gayness" Bay

thats his middle name. He's okay for occasional enterainment, but not for something that has a legion of fans errrrr.....nerds......no.......I'd say fans

So expect crap like:

Optimus Prime-
"Bumblebee, you have to take out Megatron's defenses"

Bumblebee-"Okay I'll do my best"

Optimus Prime-
"Your best? Losers complain about their best. Winners go home and fuk the prom queen"

Bumblebee-
"Arcee was the prom queen"

Optimus Prime-
"Really?"

Bumblebee-
"Yeah."

Silverstein
haha

i heard some pretty bad stuff about the movie from supposed 'leaked' scripts lol

i know who most of the cast is, Even Stevens kid, Anthony Anderson? that dude from Secret Window"you stole my story" and some others, umm, armagedon was bleh, and never seen pearl harbour

cain marko
haha

i heard some pretty bad stuff about the movie from supposed 'leaked' scripts lol

i know who most of the cast is, Even Stevens kid, Anthony Anderson? that dude from Secret Window"you stole my story" and some others, umm, armagedon was bleh, and never seen pearl harbour

i've scene the behind the scenes and some of the action looks great i cant wait for it

w00t syke

Silverstein
i seen a small behind the scenes look at it on tv. where Even Stevens kid was on a car, and a machine was hitting the car(which would be digitally replaced by a transformer) and some car chases and a quick rough render of a transformer. thats bout it

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by redcaped
Transformers is the same as Santa Claus...I mean, who created them in real life? They got it all from Japan, only thing is that they are man made machines not aliens. The essence of life could never be Technology.

Really? I don't see why not. If a machine becomes sentient, I would consider it a form of life. Lots of different kinds of life out there.

And are you talking who came up with the concept of the Transformers (that would be the Japanese, before a US Toy company appropriated it, from which was born the popular comics/TV series) or in terms of story lines? In story lines it depends upon which soruce - G1 comics had the Transformers created by a God like being known as Primus to one day fight a primal force of chaos and destruction known as Unicron. TV series had them built as slaves by the Alien species known as the Quintissons, the Transformers eventually rebelling and getting free, only then to have a civil war, which led to an Autobot ship crashing on earth and so on.

cain marko
.edited ingnore.

Mainstream

this movie should be more than meets the eye ...

no pun intended.

OB1-adobe
Transformers Revealed!

Check out the Autobots and Decepticons featured in the film.
by IGN Staff
August 18, 2006 - Transformers screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci revealed Friday morning, in a live webcast on Yahoo! Movies, which Autobots and Decepticons will appear in the forthcoming Michael Bay-directed movie based on the popular franchise. Here's the list with a few random notes from the screenwriters...

Autobots

Optimus Prime - "The king!"

Bumblebee - "He's the same underdog character we always knew and loved."

Jazz - "He's eager to take on the Decepticons."

Ratchet - "Ratchet, who was an ambulance in the cartoon, will appear in a new form."

Ironhide - "The muscle. A tough soldier who can make any Transformer bust an o-ring just with his stare!"

Decepticons

Megatron - "He's been portrayed as pure evil but we're trying to get a little bit behind the evil in this movie. ... He has a slightly less idealistic version of what he thinks humanity is worth."

Starscream - "Always secretly plotting to dethrone Megatron..."

Brawl - "An extremely pissed off Decepticon."

Bonecrusher - "The closest thing to a Constructicon in the film."

Barricade - "The hunter of the group -- a cop car."

Scorpinok - "Closest thing to Beast Wars or Dinobot in the film."

Frenzy - "A smaller form able to infiltrate spaces -- a stealth spy."

Blackout - "The guy who takes out our ability to fight back."

Transformers rolls out on the big screen on July 4th. Keep watching IGN for the latest!

Silverstein
cool lineup, but why so little Autobots??

5 against 8

cain marko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeClM2U-W2M

a fan made trailer. quite good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyfk6Zo7HtM&mode=related&search=

dunno if that helps
i think the end shots during the credits might be real (only prototypes though)

Silverstein
found this neat pic, dunno if it was posted before, anyone interested in the transformers flick should view this, its pretty funny

cain marko
found this neat pic, dunno if it was posted before, anyone interested in the transformers flick should view this, its pretty funny

lol pretty good

Silverstein
AN UPDATE
(from ssh)

1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.

2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.

3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.

4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.

5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.

6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.

8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.

9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.

PVS
scoured some transformers forums and found these pics. some are toy prototypes, others are movie concepts. they may or may not reflect the final product, but they are certainly not fan-made.

***spoiler warning (well, no shit):

prime (not bad, but not great): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e686dd24405br7.jpg

starscream (awful): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e686dd5ca67ar3.jpg

incinerator: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e68584039b5il5.jpg

as of yet nameless(looks like another version of incinerator): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e685841b497qb0.jpg

this page has some images as well, including bumblebee (not the first leaked pic, more detailed)http://flickr.com/photos/lights

PVS
...btw shouldnt this be in scifi/fantasy, since it is scifi and generally live action as well?

PVS
*double post...sorry*

Sadako of Girth
Man I havent posted in here for a while but.... "For Feck's sake" was a more conservative version of my reaction when I saw these.

And after the misleading build up (Speilberg making all his G1 noises, the flatnose G1-Optimus like truck under the tarp at that show etc )
the descision to turn this into a superficial looking new whole concept at the expense of all G1 lore is a total choker.

It may as well be a gobots movie.

Prime: Looking so vulnerable compared to the original Prime. The original TFs at least looked solid and soulful in their design.
This "Prime" looks totally off to me. He looks like one good twatting would send his armour all over the shop.. Also the Truck looking inconspicous is out too by the looks of it. A COE truck wouldnt have been impossible to do now, would it...?

Starscream: WTF....?!?? Plenty of F-15s in the world. Why did they have to do this blasphemy of turning the 2nd most known decepticon, who is known for being sleek in robot mode(Granted, not as a G1 toy so much though) and as a Jet..? If Starscream was human, I could see him being a seething Kevin Spacey type. THIS design looks more like a "The Rock" or.... or.... nope. To put names of people to this shit would only insult people.

Now we get this Turkey/Monkey thing with virtually no Starscream charicteristics to bare to the eye.
Garbage. Total fecking garbage IMO.

Bumblebee: May as well have just called him Bluestreak or Smokescreen and given his a paint job for all the similarity to Bumblebee that that thing has. Way to pick the right size/class of car, Bay.

Fundimentally.... Were these new characters I could go "mehhh" and take em or leave em.

But to attempt to appeal to our our memories hearts and wallets and then hitting us suddenly with this bionacle looking trash by naming the characters "Prime" "Bumblebee" "Ratchet" "Megatron" etc without acknowledging what made the originals so cool visually or otherwise: unforgivable to me.

OB1-adobe
As long as the movie is good and entertaining multiple times, and makes me giddy about a sequel. Thats all I can hope for.

As history has shown, transformers is up for interpretation.

but yes, the designs are gay

Looks like the toy companies are having a major hand in this picture.

and we know what that means

Sadako of Girth
Not to mention the backhanders from GM that influenced the inappropriate allocation of characters forms. Kind of a "Highest bidder gets to dictate the forms" mentality made literal. Suckage.

'Course its all open to interpretation.
Well. I hate this interpretation.
Very generic and souless And the recent Alternators/ Masterpiece lines are the an excellent reworking. Why...?
Because they stayed true to the characters while updating the look.

This is just like making Batman with Batman's costume Pink and instead of pairing him with Robin, it could be poodlefish.
Just to be 'different and creative'.

How well would that be recieved by Batfans raised on Batlore...?

stick out tongue

cain marko
Originally posted by PVS
scoured some transformers forums and found these pics. some are toy prototypes, others are movie concepts. they may or may not reflect the final product, but they are certainly not fan-made.

***spoiler warning (well, no shit):

prime (not bad, but not great): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e686dd24405br7.jpg

starscream (awful): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e686dd5ca67ar3.jpg

incinerator: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e68584039b5il5.jpg

as of yet nameless(looks like another version of incinerator): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/jenovabug/3941344e685841b497qb0.jpg

this page has some images as well, including bumblebee (not the first leaked pic, more detailed)http://flickr.com/photos/lights
cool

Silverstein
I think the transformed Optimus looks cool. but the 'vehicle' mode is UGH, he's a regular truck...with flames? FLAMES?!!! the original colour scheme was great. and the 'flat' face truck was what i expected from optimus, but since you dont see those kind of trucks around anymore i guess they went with the times.

the others are meh too, hopefully the movie will be good enough that we can get pass the look of the transformers

oh and how the heck are kids going to transform a transformer that looks THAT complicated, looking at prime and bumblebee they have so many little parts and stuff...

Silverstein
i found some more pic(s)

here's the link http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24215

Scorponok
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/scorponok.jpg

OB1-adobe
AN UPDATE
(from ssh)
9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

If I hear the word mini-con, I'm leaving the FVCKEN theater man.

Silverstein
i gotta say this again, im NOT diggin Optimus' flames. the red fading to yellow ontop of a dark blue... sad

Ultraman Baltan
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you....................MEGATRON!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4140844edbc0c9ba96.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4140844edbc0cb412f.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4140844edbc0cd601e.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4140844edbc0cef273.jpg

To me, that is one of THE absolute worst Transformer design I have ever seen. It looks like a DIGIMON, for Goodness sakes! Man. Spielberg and Bay may have already ruined it. But, we can't be that sure for now.

OB1-adobe
His mouth looks like an anus.

I can only imagine the bad dialog.

So shit will literally be coming out of his mouth.

Whats kinda really bothering me about this movie so far, is that none of them are wearing their respected autobot/decepticon symbols.

cain marko
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan

To me, that is one of THE absolute worst Transformer design I have ever seen. It looks like a DIGIMON, for Goodness sakes! Man. Spielberg and Bay may have already ruined it. But, we can't be that sure for now.

i think it looks ace. i've already seen this pic but forgot to post it. i also saw some v close ups of optimus. i also saw some cars on set that had the decepticon badge on it. it was a police car

Silverstein
all these michael bay transformers have weird faces. its hard to distinguish any facial features...

cain marko
all these michael bay transformers have weird faces. its hard to distinguish any facial features...

come on. it isn't that hard.

Silverstein
haha thanks for the diagram. i could see his mouth and facial features i guess. but that starscream has a fcked up face and that helicopter guy Incinerator.

however im still looking forward to this movie.

i wanna see what Frenzy looks like, wikipedia lists him as an mp3 player and an allie of Soundwave(who will not be in the movie cuz they agreed they could not get him right)

cain marko
haha thanks for the diagram. i could see his mouth and facial features i guess. but that starscream has a fcked up face and that helicopter guy Incinerator.

however im still looking forward to this movie.

i wanna see what Frenzy looks like, wikipedia lists him as an mp3 player and an allie of Soundwave(who will not be in the movie cuz they agreed they could not get him right)

lol no problem. i really like the new look of them. i agree the originals were ace. they had more personality. but this makes them look more threatening and realistic for todays audiences. ok i understand that giants robots in disguise from space isnt believable. but i think it is more believable this way than if they were to have a pretty face.
also i like your new style of sigs. however i prefer your previous one to this

Silverstein
lol no problem. i really like the new look of them. i agree the originals were ace. they had more personality. but this makes them look more threatening and realistic for todays audiences. ok i understand that giants robots in disguise from space isnt believable. but i think it is more believable this way than if they were to have a pretty face.
also i like your new style of sigs. however i prefer your previous one to this

the originals are great ofcourse yeah. But they were overdue for a new look i guess. I guess i see where Michael Bay and co are coming from, cuz if they used the original look, the transformation would be sort of lazy.

thanks, hmm i just felt like changing my sig but i liked it more than the current one i have heh.

pic below, lazy transformation fanart i think

cain marko
the originals are great ofcourse yeah. But they were overdue for a new look i guess. I guess i see where Michael Bay and co are coming from, cuz if they used the original look, the transformation would be sort of lazy.

thanks, hmm i just felt like changing my sig but i liked it more than the current one i have heh.

pic below, lazy transformation fanart i think

yer this time the machines look real complex not jus held together by single joints

OB1-adobe
True.

I mean there is reason why they drew them in the cartoon the way they did instead of mimicking the toys.

Lets face it G1 Optimus Prime is basically a square box with legs and a tiny head

PVS

Dear Micheal Bay,

Thank you so much for sabotaging the transformers movie before it even had wings. you have proven that when dropped in the hands of an elite yuppie prick, even the easiest and most readily accepted stories can be botched up utterly. you are a shining example to all who destroy any bit of entertainment which we ever held dear. as much as i admire your attempt at creating the biggest and most expensive flop in cinema history to top the mighty waterworld, i must apologise in advance as i will not be seeing your own personal 'vision' of what you always wished transformers would have been. and as impressed as i am by the metallic 'swamp thing' which you seem intent as passing off as megatron, i must also decline on seeing this thing make its on screen appearance. thank you for your continued uselessness matched with suspicious opportunity after opportunity. i hope you and whoever you blew to get all these opportunities are very happy together. and when nobody buys your crap toys, which you probably will have packaged and ready for the market before the script is finished, please feel free to cram them all up your ass.

hope you die alone and broke,

PVS

Silverstein
i have mixed feelings towards these designs. they are very unique and different from the originals and only bare very little resemblence to the original designs.

however they look really good, complex and stuff like that, they look very 'alien' with the faces and stuff. I guess all intelligent creatures have a face, and limbs...the only thing i recognize about the new megatron is the subtle bullet shape head of his.

i cant really predict how the movie is gonna be. but who knows, maybe micheal bay will get his big break and finally come in with a good movie. ya know, how many times can a single director make a bad movie without improving..

cain marko
i have mixed feelings towards these designs. they are very unique and different from the originals and only bare very little resemblence to the original designs.

however they look really good, complex and stuff like that, they look very 'alien' with the faces and stuff. I guess all intelligent creatures have a face, and limbs...the only thing i recognize about the new megatron is the subtle bullet shape head of his.

i cant really predict how the movie is gonna be. but who knows, maybe micheal bay will get his big break and finally come in with a good movie. ya know, how many times can a single director make a bad movie without improving..

lol i totally agree

smoker4
Swamp Thing mixed with Predator, if he was green coloured he'd look like he'd transform into a f***in christmas tree.

I have been worried about this film for a while and now my fears are realised, what a pile of s**t. Guess G1 went out the window from day one.

Clownshoes

cain marko
Originally posted by smoker4
Swamp Thing mixed with Predator, if he was green coloured he'd look like he'd transform into a f***in christmas tree.

I have been worried about this film for a while and now my fears are realised, what a pile of s**t. Guess G1 went out the window from day one.

Clownshoes

this is pathetic. you judge a movie on concepts and without even seeing it. it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences and i think they are doing a good job. you have to remember that there are so many robot ideas out there that the need something new. i mean as i have said i love the original transformers. but on the big screen if they were to look like they did in the eighties it would be like watching the power rangers and the zords or whatever they are. these look more menacing and, although impossible, more organic. i really really like what they have done and it irritates me that small minded people cant let go of the transformers of the past and welcome the new ones.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by PVS
Dear Micheal Bay,

Thank you so much for sabotaging the transformers movie before it even had wings. you have proven that when dropped in the hands of an elite yuppie prick, even the easiest and most readily accepted stories can be botched up utterly. you are a shining example to all who destroy any bit of entertainment which we ever held dear. as much as i admire your attempt at creating the biggest and most expensive flop in cinema history to top the mighty waterworld, i must apologise in advance as i will not be seeing your own personal 'vision' of what you always wished transformers would have been. and as impressed as i am by the metallic 'swamp thing' which you seem intent as passing off as megatron, i must also decline on seeing this thing make its on screen appearance. thank you for your continued uselessness matched with suspicious opportunity after opportunity. i hope you and whoever you blew to get all these opportunities are very happy together. and when nobody buys your crap toys, which you probably will have packaged and ready for the market before the script is finished, please feel free to cram them all up your ass.

hope you die alone and broke,

PVS Word. You saved me the trouble. Thank you.

PVS
it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences

its obvious that the very look of every transformer ever made needed 'updating' a.k.a. nothing like they should be a.k.a. bionicles?

and i think they are doing a good job.

so, its idiotic for us to conclude that they are doing a shitty job based on the designs, but logically sound for you to conclude that they are doing a good job, given the exact same material to base our opinions on? wow!

smoker4
this is pathetic. you judge a movie on concepts and without even seeing it. it is obvious that the transformers need updating for newer audiences and i think they are doing a good job. you have to remember that there are so many robot ideas out there that the need something new. i mean as i have said i love the original transformers. but on the big screen if they were to look like they did in the eighties it would be like watching the power rangers and the zords or whatever they are. these look more menacing and, although impossible, more organic. i really really like what they have done and it irritates me that small minded people cant let go of the transformers of the past and welcome the new ones.

Pathetic? laughing out loud

Speilburg and co promised G1 and have gone back on what they said, as for the totally original 'you havn't even seen the film' remark, if i see a picture of s**t i know its s**t and therefore wont eat/step in it. Whereas you just talk s***.

Being called small minded over my opinion and thats all it is at the end of the day is balls.

Sadako of Girth

So everyone who hates this is Small minded...? Thats a bit small/narrow minded isn't it...?

For all the resemblance to a transformer let alone Megatron that this has, it may as well be a F***ing Care Bear. Period.

Everyone has the right to dislike something if it is clear to them that Bay and co are killing everything that had a soul about this in at leeast in terms of design.

Incidentally, how would you like it if they mad a film about you, but they had a 78 year old women play you... to satisfy the ego-driven whims of some studio exec with strong "78 year old woman" merchandising ties..?

You'd probably, if not taking offense at the whole notion, complain that it is inaccurate compared to what you have long known about yourself.

Well thats how I feel about this.

The small minded, to me, are the ones who automatically accept what ever garbage the industry serves on them without questioning it..... Different strokes huh...?

cain marko
Originally posted by PVS
its obvious that the very look of every transformer ever made needed 'updating' a.k.a. nothing like they should be a.k.a. bionicles?

so, its idiotic for us to conclude that they are doing a shitty job based on the designs, but logically sound for you to conclude that they are doing a good job, given the exact same material to base our opinions on? wow!

i was refering them fdoing a good job on the transformers where as alot of people generalise the film on the designs.Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So everyone who hates this is Small minded...? Thats a bit small/narrow minded isn't it...?

For all the resemblance to a transformer let alone Megatron that this has, it may as well be a F***ing Care Bear. Period.

Everyone has the right to dislike something if it is clear to them that Bay and co are killing everything that had a soul about this in at leeast in terms of design.

Incidentally, how would you like it if they mad a film about you, but they had a 78 year old women play you... to satisfy the ego-driven whims of some studio exec with strong "78 year old woman" merchandising ties..?

You'd probably, if not taking offense at the whole notion, complain that it is inaccurate compared to what you have long known about yourself.

Well thats how I feel about this.

The small minded, to me, are the ones who automatically accept what ever garbage the industry serves on them without questioning it..... Different strokes huh...?

nope jus people who hate it jus because the tranformers are 'alien' to them

smoker4
i was refering them fdoing a good job on the transformers where as alot of people generalise the film on the designs.

nope jus people who hate it jus because the tranformers are 'alien' to them

So PVS is right!

Dont remember mentioning alien? just total bad concept after bad concept

PVS
heckuva job browny bay

i wonder how many nut-swinging yes-men it took to convince bay that this was a good idea

PVS
aaaah good, the pics of bumlebee's face is up. im not going to bother posting it.

Ultraman Baltan
Bumblee is a little odd looking, but I can deal with it. Megatron on the other hand......

Ultraman Baltan

Is this a f*cking joke?

This
http://kino-express.ru/pics/transformers/megatron.jpg

Became THIS!

What the bloody hell were they smoking?

This
http://www.cybertroncinema.net/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_Prowler974a_Movie_concept_megatron-tank~0.jpg
would be be 1,000 better.

smoker4
Couldn't agree more Baltan thumb up

PVS
but that thing's name will be megatron, and apparently thats all that matters. i just laid a 2 foot log in the toilet and named it unicron. why not?

Sadako of Girth
And heres how he would look.....
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Magmar/magmar.htm

He would be readily accepted as the new bringer of chaos by TF fans who are into Bay's new "vision".

How Speilberg could allow this shit to go on as exec producer is WAY beyond me.

Sadako of Girth
LOL http://www.seibertron.com/infozone/transformers101.php check out the Megatron awareness class..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Richygirth/darth_megs_129.jpg

smoker4
laughing sad laughing

Sadako of Girth
True.

I mean there is reason why they drew them in the cartoon the way they did instead of mimicking the toys.

Lets face it G1 Optimus Prime is basically a square box with legs and a tiny head

But since Masterpiece Prime was released, that line of argument was kind of annihilated.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Richygirth/utlimate_prime05.jpg
This thing looks as per cartoon, and changes into a convincing COE truck and this thing is a only a foot tall with 50 or so parts making its transformation.. Imagine the same engineering genius applied to a 35ft model....

Heres Masterpiece edition Primage with a re-issue of the original 84 edition(admittedly, blocky like you say) and a mini-Prime from the World smallest TFs line for comparison and scale:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Richygirth/mp_convoy5_03.jpg

OB1-adobe
What does that look like?

Sadako of Girth
Im sorry... Can you not see the pics..?

Or did you mean in the rhetorical sense...?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
And heres how he would look.....
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Magmar/magmar.htm

He would be readily accepted as the new bringer of chaos by TF fans who are into Bay's new "vision".

How Speilberg could allow this shit to go on as exec producer is WAY beyond me.

THAT would be a better Megatron!

darth_royke
erm i dont think so. but to be fair... i prefer the new megatron compared to the remakes of him after he was a gun. ok so teh idea of him AS a gun was'nt great... but i thought he looked dreadful as a tank, and all the other versions.... except maybe galvatron... but that isnt megatron! should have kept teh look more normal instead of alienising it. true, it looks more meacing to look at... but it would have been more menacing to think of if he were more normal looking and transformed into something ordinary looking.

which is my bad feeling of the film. everything is tarted up, they're not in disguise as they should be. i mean a truck with flames on? you dont see many of them. the whole point of robots in disguise has gone. g1 were the only range of toys that worked on this principal and the film should have followed this. all the toys afterwards were more sci fi looking.

smoker4
Originally posted by darth_royke
erm i dont think so. but to be fair... i prefer the new megatron compared to the remakes of him after he was a gun. ok so teh idea of him AS a gun was'nt great... but i thought he looked dreadful as a tank, and all the other versions.... except maybe galvatron... but that isnt megatron! should have kept teh look more normal instead of alienising it. true, it looks more meacing to look at... but it would have been more menacing to think of if he were more normal looking and transformed into something ordinary looking.

which is my bad feeling of the film. everything is tarted up, they're not in disguise as they should be. i mean a truck with flames on? you dont see many of them. the whole point of robots in disguise has gone. g1 were the only range of toys that worked on this principal and the film should have followed this. all the toys afterwards were more sci fi looking.

So you like the new look yet also dont like the new look?????

Politics politics

Ultraman Baltan
i tink 'dat teh transformers movie w/ll be da best movie eva. megatron looks so awsume an optimus prime is the best optimus prime eva. bumblebbbe should be a real bee becuse it would loook soooo cool.you are just mad becuse they look just abit diferennt but you shouldnt becase it will still b coo.

Sadako of Girth
ROFL laughing out loud

Ultraman Baltan
dont waf cuse i du tink dat tis movE wil be of teh hooc.

smoker4
i lol'd

Sadako of Girth
LOL laughing out loud

Ultraman Baltan
Thank you. I'll be here all night. Well, not really.

Sadako of Girth
Its ok lads...!

The whole Megatron primary designs have been bypassed.

They've gone for a look just as alien, but with more simlarity to the established character:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Richygirth/DevilKitty.jpg
"Thank you Laserbeak unlike some of my other warriors, you never fail me...!!!!!"

Ultraman Baltan
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/Richygirth/DevilKitty.jpg

THAT would be a better Movie Megatron!

PVS
Thank you. I'll be here all night. Well, not really.

try the veal

roughrider
As you can see here, 'master filmmaker' Michael Bay is not skimping on the budget at all. stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Im sorry... Can you not see the pics..?

Or did you mean in the rhetorical sense...?

They wern't there when I posted this morning

Silverstein
here's some new stuff: Bumblebee's Face and Jazz's alt. form

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8295

random info found:

Jazz : 13 feet tall
Bumblebee: 17 feet tall
Ratchet: 24 feet tall
Iron Hide: 26 feet tall
Optimus Prime: 28 feet tall
Megatron: 34 feet tall

cain marko
Is this a f*cking joke?

This
http://kino-express.ru/pics/transformers/megatron.jpg

Became THIS!

What the bloody hell were they smoking?

This
http://www.cybertroncinema.net/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_Prowler974a_Movie_concept_megatron-tank~0.jpg
would be be 1,000 better.
no. why should it be a joke. bay probably wanted megatron to stand out by a mile from all the other transformer. also he probably wanted it to look more menacing. he also stated that this movie is not based on any previous transformers comic, TV program or toy chain so he can do what the **** he likes. and personally the transformers look good for the generation. as i have already said. it would look v poor if they were like the power rangers transformer. it wouldn't look good. this way there is allot of diversity, and each character is easily distinguishable and unique.

cain marko
here's some new stuff: Bumblebee's Face and Jazz's alt. form

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8295

random info found:

Jazz : 13 feet tall
Bumblebee: 17 feet tall
Ratchet: 24 feet tall
Iron Hide: 26 feet tall
Optimus Prime: 28 feet tall
Megatron: 34 feet tall

ha that looks kinda freaky. love it!

Silverstein
its weird. bumblebee doesnt have a mouth...but maybe they'll use cgi to make his mouth (move and stuff)

Ultraman Baltan
no. why should it be a joke. bay probably wanted megatron to stand out by a mile from all the other transformer. also he probably wanted it to look more menacing. he also stated that this movie is not based on any previous transformers comic, TV program or toy chain so he can do what the **** he likes. and personally the transformers look good for the generation. as i have already said. it would look v poor if they were like the power rangers transformer. it wouldn't look good. this way there is allot of diversity, and each character is easily distinguishable and unique.

Menacing? Ripoff's more like it. And Bay promised us that he would make original fans like it, so it would still be close to G1. He lied. It's a horrible design that should be terminated. I think the design I found is a much better design and should be used for the movie right away. Even if he wants Megatron to look different, he should at least make him look reconisable. If that picture didn't say Megatron on it, I would not at all think that was Megs. I took a friggin' double take! He looks like something straight out of Alien. The CYBERTRON look is better!

Ultraman Baltan
New Optimus Prime picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/tek233/1021030sm2fh2.jpg

Silverstein
well the transformers are 'aliens' so i guess thats why they look like that...some more than others.

i dunno how a kid would transform an 'alien' jet to something like that though...

here's my thought of what micheal bay was thinking when he chose the current megatron design:

maybe micheal bay thought that the original design of megatron was too plain, maybe too basic? so he replaced that simple design with something that he thinks, fits the personality of megatron: monsterous, and evil. while keeping very small subtle similarities (if any at allembarrasmentnly thing i recognize is the shape of his head)

but that doesnt mean im on michael bay's side; im just trying to figure out why he chose that design from a reasonable perspective.

AND i think those upset with the design can stay upset because its probably the final design since there was that pic of megatron's lower half on set as a prop (bout 20 feet tall lower torso n legs)

Ultraman Baltan
well the transformers are 'aliens' so i guess thats why they look like that...some more than others.

i dunno how a kid would transform an 'alien' jet to something like that though...

here's my thought of what micheal bay was thinking when he chose the current megatron design:

maybe micheal bay thought that the original design of megatron was too plain, maybe too basic? so he replaced that simple design with something that he thinks, fits the personality of megatron: monsterous, and evil. while keeping very small subtle similarities (if any at allembarrasmentnly thing i recognize is the shape of his head)

but that doesnt mean im on michael bay's side; im just trying to figure out why he chose that design from a reasonable perspective.

AND i think those upset with the design can stay upset because its probably the final design since there was that pic of megatron's lower half on set as a prop (bout 20 feet tall lower torso n legs)

Here's the real thought behind Megatron.

Michael: I wanna make Megatron evil and stuff. So instead of that STUPID "act evil and be respected through personality and script", I just thought we would make him look like an Alien and just scare people. People will be so excited to see MY version of everything Transformers! And since I have never heard of Transforms before and have never watched or see anything like it, I have seen Gobots, Godzilla, War of the Worlds, and Alien, so that may be enough!

Silverstein
well atleast there will be good car chases since micheal bay filmed Bad Boys II...how could spielburg just sit back and relax during all of this?

PVS
New Optimus Prime picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/tek233/1021030sm2fh2.jpg

that looks better. but the real issues are 3:

megatron: a joke

starscream: gorilla as opposed to the sleek design he's supposed to have. why couldnt they just stick with an f-15? the frikin model works!!!!

bumblebee: point of bumblebees character missed. bumblebee is the approachable autobot, considering his humble size....well hes a midget really. sure he's taller than a man, but not my much. he's supposed to be the kind little squirt of a transformer who you would trust to babysit your kids.

these characters are not a tribute in any way to their name sake. its just some swamp thing with razor teeth called "megatron" etc.

btw, you people who refuse to criticise a thing: being a michael bay fanboy is pretty sad erm

PVS
Menacing? Ripoff's more like it. And Bay promised us that he would make original fans like it, so it would still be close to G1.

thats pretty much what he said. he even went on to state that he employed people on his creative team based on whether they were fans of G1. so this:

and this:

he also stated that this movie is not based on any previous transformers comic, TV program or toy chain so he can do what the **** he likes.

is a complete fabrication.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>