Doomsday vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fearless_lf
Doomsday vs Green Lantern(Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan).
The GLs Fight Him One at a time.

lilnutta12
if its spectre or the other 1 then doomsday is 2 be obliterated

Whittdawg92
kyle rayner could destroy DD as many times as he wants, altho the PIS let DD win.

thisredbox
and doomsday would come back stronger each time... smile

jinzin
considering DD at one time wiped out the entire green lantern corps?

ummmm yeah doomsday....

Whittdawg92
oh yeah. well, technically dooms isn't stronger than the power source itself, so someone like parallax or spectre should beat him.

Soleran
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
oh yeah. well, technically dooms isn't stronger than the power source itself, so someone like parallax or spectre should beat him.

Once or until he evolves past them evil face

Whittdawg92
that would just be PIS.

Soleran
isn't it all anywaysmile

Whittdawg92
GL's are not retardedly powerful. superman IS.

Mider
its not PIS cause you say it is its simply plot device he evolved beyond a large part of the GL power i mean a gaurdian should have slaped him away with out dieing but the smaller GL's are not so suprising.

Accel
Originally posted by jinzin
considering DD at one time wiped out the entire green lantern corps?

ummmm yeah doomsday....
And yet Superman killed him...

Seriously, though, just how DID the fight between DD and the GL Corps go any way. Did the Corps just stand around like a bunch of morons like when they faced Superboy Prime?

Anyway, all jobbing aside, Kyle and Hal should take this every time. Unless DD becomes stronger than a big bang, he ain't breaking their constructs.

jinzin
Originally posted by Accel
And yet Superman killed him...

Seriously, though, just how DID the fight between DD and the GL Corps go any way. Did the Corps just stand around like a bunch of morons like when they faced Superboy Prime?

Anyway, all jobbing aside, Kyle and Hal should take this every time. Unless DD becomes stronger than a big bang, he ain't breaking their constructs.
you're kinda ignoring some very important factors here..

first off, dd already evolved past a green lanterns power ring..
second off, dd evoleved past the power of the entire corps..
third, dd already fought kyle and kyle was all but useless against him..

it really doesn't have that much to do with jobbing when it's doomsday.. he's just THAT badass...

leonidas

it really doesn't have that much to do with jobbing when it's doomsday.. he's just THAT badass...

pretty much. wink

Accel

How does that even happen? With enough willpower, any competent GL should be able to take down Doomsday.

Again, Kyle contained a big bang- what has Doomsday done to to indicate he's powerful enough to break THAT?

Validus
There's no reason GL shouldn't be able to beat Doomsday, even if it comes down to simple strength amping and slugging it out the Superman way.

Sea King
im going with gl on this one they have more power pure and simpal

Whittdawg92
the raw power of Green Lanterns shouldn't be surpassed, but any gl could get beat by DD easily

Sea King
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
the raw power of Green Lanterns shouldn't be surpassed, but any gl could get beat by DD easily

do tell how

Mider
it doesnt work that way, it isnt that he is stronger then the GL its that he's immune to its power raw power doesnt mean you can break through that immunity

Sea King
Originally posted by Mider
it doesnt work that way, it isnt that he is stronger then the GL its that he's immune to its power raw power doesnt mean you can break through that immunity

even if he is immune to gls ring that dont mean he can win this cause the way i see it their ring dont have to directly effect dd to win

i mean look at the robot that was all yellow guy fought it he said i cant hurt it with this thing(his ring) but i can use it to make me a powerful weapon

leonidas
How does that even happen? With enough willpower, any competent GL should be able to take down Doomsday.

Again, Kyle contained a big bang- what has Doomsday done to to indicate he's powerful enough to break THAT?

but you can't use uber showings as consistent levels. he's had much lower showings as well (coughdeathstrokecough). are his constructs consistently string enough to contain big bangss? i'd tend to doubt it. then there is the issue of simply immunity to the green power itself.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
but you can't use uber showings as consistent levels. he's had much lower showings as well (coughdeathstrokecough). are his constructs consistently string enough to contain big bangss? i'd tend to doubt it. then there is the issue of simply immunity to the green power itself.
Wouldn't a Guardian commiting suicide to get DD off of Oa qualify as a low showing?

Sea King

doesent the rules say you have to use the best showing of each chars or something like that??

Accel
True, but again, how can even DD evolve to the point where a Green Lantern's power doesn't affect him?

MJOILNIR
If he hasnt already then he will wont he? Just part of his character.

jinzin

cause dd's a force of nature.. you can't outwill a force of nature...

jinzin
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
If he hasnt already then he will wont he? Just part of his character.
exactly wink

Sea King
cause dd's a force of nature.. you can't outwill a force of nature...
its not like dd has a ring to i mean the gl only has to be careful & smart in their fight not not like they have to come in with stright up brute force

jinzin
you'de think the same thing about 99% of the people and temas that dd's fought.. it hasn't helped them though..

Validus
you'de think the same thing about 99% of the people and temas that dd's fought.. it hasn't helped them though..
So when Kyle Rayner can't think of anything but green killer bees, thats a clear case of his inferior power level?

It hasn't helped them because DD is a foil for Superman. That type of thing holds true for the principle villains of all characters.

jinzin
Originally posted by Validus
So when Kyle Rayner can't think of anything but green killer bees, thats a clear case of his inferior power level?

It hasn't helped them because DD is a foil for Superman. That type of thing holds true for the principle villains of all characters.

or because he can evolve or has evolved past what half if not more of those characters are throwing at him.

Accel
or because he can evolve or has evolved past what half if not more of those characters are throwing at him.
...except from taking a beating to death from Superman.

jinzin
umm he's evolved past that too.. confused

unless you're talking about DD-rex... which again, isn't the same as dd...

Sea King
umm he's evolved past that too.. confused

unless you're talking about DD-rex... which again, isn't the same as dd...

so your saying that dd is unbeatable cause hes evolved past all others

jinzin
no I'm saying dd is unbeatable compared to a lot of people and a lot of powers..including green lanterns.

dd-rex is a different character as far as I'm concerned..

Validus
...except from taking a beating to death from Superman.
big grin

Even taking the evolution idiocy into account, like Sea King said, a GL doesn't have to use the ring to affect him directly. A black hole for example would work just fine.

Sea King
no I'm saying dd is unbeatable compared to a lot of people and a lot of powers..including green lanterns.

dd-rex is a different character as far as I'm concerned..

well the gl ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe so if he has went past the point of that hurting him then how could he be hurt at all??

jinzin
big grin

Even taking the evolution idiocy into account, like Sea King said, a GL doesn't have to use the ring to affect him directly. A black hole for example would work just fine.
doh

Originally posted by Sea King
well the gl ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe so if he has went past the point of that hurting him then how could he be hurt at all??

exactly...

I mean people want to talk about PIS all the time unless they don't like when real PIS is implemented..

DD evolved past the entire GL corps nothing a gl has should be able to hurt him now.

DD evolved past brute strength effecting him whatsoever by the time hunter prey and doomsday wars came about. superman shouldn't be able to do anything but maybe send dd flying...

DD evolved past an being consisting of PURE energy... there's no way that he should have been downed by imperiex considering... but he was.. why? who knows.. IMO the writers were at fault for letting that one slip...

Validus
doh

Emoticons are always the best form of argument.

jinzin
Emoticons are always the best form of argument.
yes

way faster and waaaay less stressful too rolling on floor laughing

Validus
yes

way faster and waaaay less stressful too rolling on floor laughing
I'm curious as to why you think indirectly using the power ring won't work.

jinzin
i don't know for certain that it wouldn't. (in what way more specifically are you reffering to?)

all I know is that dd has fought an entire GL corps and won, he fought two other Gls on two seperate occasions and won..

I'd think if the GL ring was going to work on DD, it would have already done so by now.

Sea King
doh

exactly...

I mean people want to talk about PIS all the time unless they don't like when real PIS is implemented..

DD evolved past the entire GL corps nothing a gl has should be able to hurt him now.

DD evolved past brute strength effecting him whatsoever by the time hunter prey and doomsday wars came about. superman shouldn't be able to do anything but maybe send dd flying...

DD evolved past an being consisting of PURE energy... there's no way that he should have been downed by imperiex considering... but he was.. why? who knows.. IMO the writers were at fault for letting that one slip...

but an unbeatable villian should not be allowed to exist because no hero could beat him and if thats so then imo its a littel boring cause their is no real fight so he has to lose in comics weather its pis or not just for the fact he cant be allowed to stomp everyone

jinzin
Originally posted by Sea King
but an unbeatable villian should not be allowed to exist because no hero could beat him and if thats so then imo its a littel boring cause their is no real fight so he has to lose in comics weather its pis or not just for the fact he cant be allowed to stomp everyone

yeah i know.. but i don't have to like it.. sad

Sea King
yeah i know.. but i don't have to like it.. sad

ok smile its kool

Accel
i don't know for certain that it wouldn't. (in what way more specifically are you reffering to?)

all I know is that dd has fought an entire GL corps and won, he fought two other Gls on two seperate occasions and won..

I'd think if the GL ring was going to work on DD, it would have already done so by now.
The GL ring also failed to work on Deathstroke and for some stupid reason.

I have a theory that when the GL Corps gather around in a group, they lose all power for some reason, as they then get their asses kicked by single individuals (DD and SBP both come to mind.

Any way, fighting SMART, Hal and Kyle should take this every single time.

leonidas
The GL ring also failed to work on Deathstroke and for some stupid reason.

I have a theory that when the GL Corps gather around in a group, they lose all power for some reason, as they then get their asses kicked by single individuals (DD and SBP both come to mind.

Any way, fighting SMART, Hal and Kyle should take this every single time.

but the books prove you wrong, accl. val has a legitimate point, (indirect power being an option) and the person who mentioned dd as a supes' foil is likely partly correct as well.

bfr seems like it should be an option to a gl at any point in any battle. but there are too many instances where it is not used to say its pis not to use it. wasn't it just recently that some giant shark beat the tar out of hal?? i don't mean to harp on low showings cuz i know hal has some crazy high ones as well, just that we can't LABEL all low showings pis unless we're willing to consider the high showings pis as well. taking the gl's in the middle, bfr should STILL be an option that i can't argue against. if they engage directly though, the gl would/should be able to stay out of his reach but i'd doubt they could actually defeat him and if they got close enough dd could certainly end it. he's done it over and over again.

Accel
What happens in the books isn't always logical, like Batman simply pulling Kyle's ring off his finger or Cap knocking around King Thor. No matter how much DD evolves, as long as Hal and Kyle will him to be affected, it's going to happen.

What should and shouldn't be considered PIS is often debatable and depends on the character and the scenario itself. Green Lanterns, for instance, have consistently shown power levels rivaling that of the Silver Surfer and Thor, so should we just accept that they can be taken down by sharks (even mutated ones at that)?

Juntai
That was like a badass psionic/telepathic shark though.
big grin big grin

leonidas
it WAS badass, no doubt . . .

but still a shark! big grin

and accl, i think the point jinzin's is trying to make (and myself) is simply that a gl's willpower -- however great -- is manifested through the ring's energy. if he's immune to the energy, doens't matter how much willpower is used. be like trying to harm the hearing of a deaf person by turning the radio up louder where willpower is the volume, and the green energy is the sound.

Private Pion
Doomsday should never be brought up here, he is a plot device with limbs. Its like saying 'Superman vs metaphor for industrial revolution'.

superkronick92
oh come on, a pre- death of superman doomsday downed a guardian

Accel
it WAS badass, no doubt . . .

but still a shark! big grin

and accl, i think the point jinzin's is trying to make (and myself) is simply that a gl's willpower -- however great -- is manifested through the ring's energy. if he's immune to the energy, doens't matter how much willpower is used. be like trying to harm the hearing of a deaf person by turning the radio up louder where willpower is the volume, and the green energy is the sound.
All right, if that's the case, then two Green Lanterns still win by using Validus's method of attackng him indirectly. Just freeze time and then form a black hole to suck him up.

leonidas
i can live with that. but there are consequences to blackholes, of course, and is it feasible to think they'd just create one . . .? shifty

Bentley
Bump.

OneDumbG0
^ Doomsday would lose to one pre-Crisis GL, let alone two, which somehow Hal and Kyle are because they get their feats.

Galan007
Kyle got his ring after the Crisis- thus he has no post-crisis feats to bring up. wink

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
Kyle got his ring after the Crisis- thus he has no pre-crisis feats to bring up. wink Fixed.

dur @ me.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
Fixed.

dur @ me. They still count for him. Because he's better than a mere GL rookie, who have demonstrated much in pre-Crisis. And GL feats are interchangeable anyway.

It's the rules.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
They still count for him. Because he's better than a mere GL rookie, who have demonstrated much in pre-Crisis. And GL feats are interchangeable anyway.

It's the rules. I fail to see the problem. uhuh

OneDumbG0
^ When Guy Gardner instantly defeats Superman by transmuting tons of kryptonite instantly from thin air, shrinks Darkseid easier than he shrank PC Shaggy Man was shrunk, devolves H/P Doomsday evolveability, converts Superman's solar energy stores into confetti, and can fight with Superman Prime who is weaker than true PC Superman, I see no problem either.

None at all.

psycho gundam
odg's firing more shots than afgan extremists on this anniversary date of 9-11

OneDumbG0
^ I have proof for everything I've posted and none of those are statements are unsupported.

psycho gundam
i'm not doubting that, i'm just indirectly telling folks to prepare popcorn for the festivities

Galan007
^ When Guy Gardner instantly defeats Superman by transmuting tons of kryptonite instantly from thin air, shrinks Darkseid easier than he shrank PC Shaggy Man was shrunk, devolves H/P Doomsday evolveability, converts Superman's solar energy stores into confetti, and can fight with Superman Prime who is weaker than true PC Superman, I see no problem either.

None at all. Originally posted by Galan007
I fail to see the problem. uhuh

-Pr-
They still count for him. Because he's better than a mere GL rookie, who have demonstrated much in pre-Crisis. And GL feats are interchangeable anyway.

It's the rules.

No it isn't.

OneDumbG0
^ Sure it is.

Just like how Hal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman.

I have evidence for this also.

h1a8
^ Sure it is.

Show evidence that GL feats are interchangeable.

Bentley
ODG and his weird agendas again. Now that he's a Hulk fan he lost all his credibility.

Actually, he never had any credibility because he was a Doom fan biscuits

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
ODG and his weird agendas again. Now that he's a Hulk fan he lost all his credibility.

Actually, he never had any credibility because he was a Doom fan biscuits you're just green with envy biscuits

celeyhyga17
ODG takin no prisoners.
OMGDz!!

Eon Blue
DD

Cogito

Stop talking big and show some of this evidence.

-Pr-
^ Sure it is.

smh.

Originally posted by Bentley

Actually, he never had any credibility because he was a Doom fan biscuits

Ha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.