Think About this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spideys Sister
Atheists don't beleve in God...(I don't know if that's what it is but that's what it seems...) So in a way if someone is an atheist it's kinda like them having a religion of non belief. You really have to think about what I'm saying here to get it. Your thoughts on mine.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Atheists don't beleve in God...(I don't know if that's what it is but that's what it seems...) So in a way if someone is an atheist it's kinda like them having a religion of non belief. You really have to think about what I'm saying here to get it. Your thoughts on mine.

Yes...and? It's also not really a Religion but a belief.

Lord Urizen
Religions is not the only form of beleif.

Atheists DO have thier own philosophies and sense of morality u know.

Gregory
Someone once said that atheism is a religion in the same sense that not playing football is a sport. I agree.

Templares
Atheism is a way of life not a religion . . . . (yeah, i know its cliched).

Darth Revan

.:Space Opera:.
religion of none belief sounds like irony to me.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
religion of none belief sounds like irony to me. That was basicly the point I was trying to get across.

Storm
Atheism is not a belief system. It doesn' t consist of an integrated system of doctrines, beliefs, and ideas that are used to provide guidance and stability in people' s lives. Atheism implies no further belief system. It implies no beliefs about politics, no philosophy, no beliefs about society, no beliefs about science, no beliefs about religion. If you know that a person is an atheist, then you know that he or she lacks belief in gods. Nothing more, nothing less. Atheism can be part of a religion, but it can' t be a religion by itself.

Evil Dead
^ I love that.

Eis
Think about this... Don't ever come back to KMC.

Alliance
I usually summarize this by this phrase:

Athiesm is not a religion, but it is a religious philosophy.

Its not an indocrinated religion, but its important to include it because it represents over a billion people on the planet.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Storm
Atheism is not a belief system. It doesn' t consist of an integrated system of doctrines, beliefs, and ideas that are used to provide guidance and stability in people' s lives. Neither does the goverment. But people still think it'll come though for them in the end, too.

Alliance
what? messed

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alliance
what? messed
Yeah, indeed.

Eis
Neither does the goverment. But people still think it'll come though for them in the end, too. Originally posted by Eis
Think about this... Don't ever come back to KMC.

Bardock42
Neither does the goverment. But people still think it'll come though for them in the end, too. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Harakiri: AC's recommendation for the week.

-AC

Eis
Always quoting other people Marius, such a sidekick.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Always quoting other people Marius, such a sidekick.

Originally posted by Alliance
what? messed

Alliance
What? messed

Storm
No tea party nono

Alliance
But Strom I LOVE tea...black tea...yum!

debbiejo
But green tea is healthier..... smart

Alliance
perhaps...I like it too, but black is better mad

marcu
Either way it requires FAITH! WHere does one aquire Faith?

leonheartmm
i might be completely wrong in my assumption but when a believer{christian or otherwise} say that atheism is also a relegion what theyr really, conciously or subconciously trying to say is that. atheism can be boiled down to something very similar to and on the level of belief that they have in christianity and therefore is as likely to be false as atheist claim the idea of god/relegion is which is why their arguments should not be given any more significance than the arguments made by believers on the point of view of logic etc. as its just another RELEGION.

personally i dont think atheism is anything resembling a relegion. itcould be argued that every human atheist or otherwise has to have BELIEFS to be sane but that does not mean that atheism ITSELF is a relegion,

Regret
If an atheist never considered religion or God, he wouldn't necessarily believe anything concerning religion, so it wouldn't be a belief per say. I have never considered whether or not aliens exist on Jupiter, I just accept that they don't.

Alliance
Originally posted by Regret
If an atheist never considered religion or God, he wouldn't necessarily believe anything concerning religion, so it wouldn't be a belief per say. I have never considered whether or not aliens exist on Jupiter, I just accept that they don't.

But you don;t know if they do or not. confused

Athiesm is NOT a relgion. It is a relgious philosophy.

Athiesm lacks the centralized structure that is a precursor of modern indocrtinated religion.

marcu
Originally posted by Regret

You can't accept something you don't know for fact without Faith!

debbiejo
Who said Atheists never considered god????

Alliance
I'm athiest, and I consider god all the time. Not so much in a positive way anymore...

but if you don't know fact, you dont need Faith to understand it. faith will do just fine. there's two definitions to the word, one implies a trust, the other implies the existance of a supernatural being. While Faith is not exclusive of faith. faith itself can be exclusive of Faith.

they should not be confused......

...imo stick out tongue

debbiejo
There is no faith.............It matters not............what is, just is.............Intelligence is what we are all seeking with science..........and what we are finding will tell us, will it not?

Alliance
Science seeks truth. Intelligence is understanding the why behind the science and being able to apply it.

debbiejo
Science = seeking knowledge which = truth........and what the heck...it might take us isee in all directions we'd never thought we'd go...........

Alliance
No. Truth is a basic concept, a "fact." Knowledge implies the application of truth.

at least imo.

debbiejo
Marius...............hahahahaha..............now I know your name.......... laughing out loud

It's not "screw you"..........lol

Alliance
what?

debbiejo
Sorry, I was talking to someone who doesn't exist...or not sure if he does anyway...........lol

kind of a private joke.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sorry, I was talking to someone who doesn't exist...or not sure if he does anyway...........lol

kind of a private joke.

Are you talking to your imaginary friend again? roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Yeah, I'm trying to explain that he really does exist..........he keeps arguing that he's not sure, and keeps saying "Prove it"....

Alliance
Thats a probelm more and more common these days...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.