Luceno to write a Darth Plagueis novel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20060608.html

Discuss. Hopefully, it'll prove Plagy didn't create Anakin through the force.

Jonathan Mark
James Luceno is an excellent author, I'm sure it will be good.

Motoko Sama
2008?! Meh, whatever. I hope it's good - most likely it will be, but we shall see...

Great Vengeance
Its good they are finnaly going to shed some light on the story of Plagueis.

Captain REX
Wooo Luceno.

But...WTF? Plagueis is a Muun?! Lame sauce.

Admiral Akbar
Whats a Muun?

Blue_Hefner
Too bad it comes out in two years. I'll probably reading the last Harry Potter book by then.

Xavius
EWWWWWW! WHAT THE F*CK? Why the HELL is Plagueis a Muun?

Here's a f*cking ugly arse Muun.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sanhill/?id=eu

((The_Anomaly))
Thats weird, Plagueis a Muun... confused I didn't see that one coming. But I'll definitely read it. Not only will it shroud some light on Plagueis himself, but (hopefully) also on Palpatine's younger life.

Admiral Akbar
Wow, isn't that Ki adi Mundi's race?

SnakeEyes
No, it's not Ki-Adi's race. But seriously... a Muun. I didn't see that one coming.

And it does come out till 2008. That kind of sucks.

I'll read it when it does, though. I'll have plenty of SW novels to tide me over until then.

Count Kent
I've known that he was a Muun for ages. He is also extremely powerful, more so then Sidious.

Escape81
Originally posted by Count Kent
I've known that he was a Muun for ages. He is also extremely powerful, more so then Sidious.

I really dislike you . . .

Legion_of_Maul
well, spoilers would be useful here.... you know... plagueis might be my new favorite character, or i may hate him, i have to be prepared for up and coming arguments.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
James Luceno is an excellent author, I'm sure it will be good.

Captain REX
Kent, stop talking or I'll report you.

Mišt
Originally posted by Xavius

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sanhill/?id=eu

Doesnt look so bad, stick a Sith robe and hood on and he'd look pretty badass..

Cant wait for this book, but I hope they leave Palpatine's past unknown, takes the fun out of it.

Xavius

Council#13
Yeah, I didnt see Plagieus being a Muun coming. Wow. Didn't see that at all. Nope. Such a suprise.

overlord
Originally posted by Xavius

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sanhill/?id=eu Wow.. I always imagined him with a long white beard and being human but this is incredible.. What a race!!Originally posted by Count Kent
I've known that he was a Muun for ages. He is also extremely powerful, more so then Sidious. You've always known that? Wow! You must be some kind of genius! And please use spoiler tags if you're gonna reveal that he is stronger than sids.. Lamer..

Lightsnake
"The banking clan will sign your treaty because we have POWER! UNLIMITED POWER! When it comes to collecting loan debts

DarthLazious
I always thought he would look like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.

Darth Callous
Luceno is an excellent author, not to mention it will be interesting learning about Darth Plagueis during his ass-kicking years.

And what's the big deal if he's a Muun? Y'all are making it out to be something negative. Having 3 hearts should make him a better and faster fighter with more stamina than a human.

jollyjim311
Luceno is good, so, the book should be too, but, I don't just want another Sidious. Old, wise, scary, and too kickass for a lightsaber (until Episode Three, that is). Hopefully he'll have some distinctions or personality quirks so that he isn't just a copy of his apprentice as of Episode 6. He'll probably be elaborately spoken, cunning, and evil, like Traya, only cooler. I'm sure Luceno will find a good way to write Plagueis, though.

I'll definitely have to give it a read when it comes out in '08.

Archangelysses
It could help to explain Sidious' dislike of aliens. Since it is so well noted from many canon sources that Palpatine really had a thing against all other species.

Wonder what Plagueis did to him to earn that hatred for non humans

Darth Callous
Originally posted by Archangelysses
It could help to explain Sidious' dislike of aliens. Since it is so well noted from many canon sources that Palpatine really had a thing against all other species.

Wonder what Plagueis did to him to earn that hatred for non humans

I'm of the belief that Sidious developed his hatred towards non-humans during his reign as Chancellor, considering that his first apprentice wasn't human.

Captain REX
Possibly.

GM Nebaris
I don't think his hatred for aliens would have been a factor in choosing an apprentice. I mean look at Thrwan. It seems he has no problem with using them.

Decay
maul was trained as an animal really, all about combat and stuff, raw power. sidious probably thought nothing more of him than a dog owner who trains his dog to fight and kill. i dont know how plagueis could have more power than sidious. he might be stronger than sidious at the time sidious killed him, but i always thought of him as having more knowlege. and more patience than a young sidious.

the fact that hes not human is a surprise, especially now that we know exactly what race he is. i think he has the potential to look cool, if youd seen eeth koth and heard that the sith in tpm was going to be a zabrak youd never picture someone as cool looking as maul. hed have to be pretty different than that standard muuns weve seen so far, maybe some freaky sith markings on his face.

he could even be covered in sith tattoos like maul (although probably in a different style), and then sidious had maul tattooed so he felt like he was getting some form of payback on his former master by training someone from an inferior race (in sidious' view) to be little more than a mindless obedient weapon completly loyal with no understanding of the finer points of the sith.

im looking foward to this book, mainly becuase i want to see some more sidious stuff, even if sidious isnt in this book (it could be set before his time) we will get a look into the personality of his master. i can see this book ending with something like "Plagueis set a course for the small planet of naboo, where hed recentlly felt the presence of a child with enough potential force power to match even the most powerful jedi...". id love to see a confrontation between a 15 year old palpatine with no training and a sith lord planning on taking him as an apprentice. i doubt hed be very eager to take anyone as his master, until he realised it was only a stepping stone to more power.

but it would be awesome if it covered the training of sidious, and the final betrayal. although it would bepretty anticlimactic to kill off the books major character when he was in his sleep.

Archangelysses
I still think it could be the source of Palpatine's alien dislike.

Plus, he didn't really like Thrawn, but he respected Thrawn's tactical genius

Infinity
plagueis a munn.. that'll be weird a munn sith :s lol

Infinity
Originally posted by Archangelysses
I still think it could be the source of Palpatine's alien dislike.

Plus, he didn't really like Thrawn, but he respected Thrawn's tactical genius

i never thaught of that.. but thats a briliantidea

Darth Kreiger
I would rather Plagueis be some Old Human with a Giant White beard, and a diseased-like face

overlord
Yeah, why does he have to be some *** Muun?

Infinity
lol i know eh... they're ugly. i wish he was a gungan big grin

Sith Lord Windu
its not all bad, at least you cant see him. who ever thought he should be like gandalf is g - a- y, i always thought he would be better as an alien ( a human is too obvious an crap) but a muun...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.