who can take batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dominic/wolf
who can take out batman in this list
night hawk
elektra
black widow
night thrasher
hawkeye
punisher
arsenal
nightwing
blue beetle
mister terrific

Psyquis52
night hawk - Nope
elektra - probably not
black widow - not likely
night thrasher - No
hawkeye - maybe
punisher - No
arsenal - No
nightwing - Yeah he probably can. At least once maybe more. It depends on his mind-set
blue beetle - no / new blue beetle - maybe
mister terrific - Yes w/prep.

Validus
Nobody.

cheap cabbage
Superman. Always the answer to batman

batdude123
Originally posted by dominic/wolf
who can take out batman in this list
night hawk
elektra
black widow
night thrasher
hawkeye
punisher
arsenal
nightwing
blue beetle
mister terrific

Night Hawk: no
Elektra: no
Black Widow: no
Night Thrasher: Don't have much information about him
Hawkeye: no (he's already beaten GA)
Punisher: no
Arsenal: Once again don't really know that is
Nightwing: no
Blue Beetle: Ted Kord (possibly), any other incarnations would beat him
Mister Terrific: no

braz
Nada. Zip.

NUNCA! laughing Happy Dance

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Night Hawk: no
Elektra: no
Black Widow: no
Night Thrasher: Don't have much information about him
Hawkeye: no (he's already beaten GA)
Punisher: no
Arsenal: Once again don't really know that is
Nightwing: no
Blue Beetle: Ted Kord (possibly), any other incarnations would beat him
Mister Terrific: no

To be fair Hawkeye is a LOT tougher than GA. wink

Aresenal is the original speedy except now he uses guns as well as arrows and junk like that stick out tongue

Accel
Originally posted by Grimm22
To be fair Hawkeye is a LOT tougher than GA. wink
I actually doubt that. From what I understand, GA is a much better fighter than Hawkeye.

diabloman
movie elektra vs movie batman yes. but the comicbooks no

ST0RM SHAD0W
I dunno about that.

Hawkeye is a master strategist, tactician, and field commander.

Hawkeye founded the West Coast Avengers and led the Thunderbolts.

He is peak human in strength, endurance, and stamina.

He is capable of acrobatic maneuvers that would put an olympic gold medalist to shame.

Plus he was trained by Captain America.

Yes Bendis is a fool for having him go out like he did.

diabloman
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9282/batmanthepunisher0jj.jpg

punisher maybe

Grimm22
Originally posted by diabloman

punisher maybe

Ugh, the 90's roll eyes (sarcastic)

A time where characters like Punisher were amped up well beyond their actual potential stick out tongue

Sea King
Originally posted by ST0RM SHAD0W
I dunno about that.

He is capable of acrobatic maneuvers that would put an olympic gold medalist to shame.

does that mean hes pretty much a cap rip?

Accel
Originally posted by ST0RM SHAD0W
I dunno about that.

Well, yeah, I wasn't knocking Hawkeye. I know he's good. However I just believe Green Arrows supposedly better (though I can't really back this statement up with anything).

diabloman

A time where characters like Punisher were amped up well beyond their actual potential stick out tongue ugh the 90s the characters where much cooler than today stick out tongue

ST0RM SHAD0W
Originally posted by Accel
Well, yeah, I wasn't knocking Hawkeye. I know he's good. However I just believe Green Arrows supposedly better (though I can't really back this statement up with anything).

Actually the skill he showed in that Deathstroke fight I'd say would put him up with or maybe even past Hawkeye.

His agility and how he was mixing styles was really good so much so that it impressed Deathstroke.

Right now, I'd say Green Arrow would give Hawkeye a run for his money.

Big Sexy
ugy the 90s the characters where much cooler than today stick out tongue early 90s. Later 90s started getting stupid

diabloman
Originally posted by Big Sexy
early 90s. Later 90s started getting stupid yup

Inhuman

A time where characters like Punisher were amped up well beyond their actual potential stick out tongue

LOL batman has been amped well beyond his potential all his career. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Anything he needs is at his disposal. He needs a wolverine go away spray"bam" he can attain or create it. Anti green lantern cologne "poof" he has it.
He also seems to be too fast to ever get hit as well or too smart.
I understand the guy is only human with no powers but that doesnt mean the writters have to give him an advantage egde,gadget,gizmio,weapon,smarts, over EVERY body. sheesh.
Its like "hey Captain America your basically have human limitations right?" "In that case here is the infinity gauntlet" You should have the upper hand against anyone now. cool

I actually like batman, but man some people give him WAY too much credit.

Psyquis52

punisher maybe

BTW, Punisher got his a@$ handed to him by Batman in that.

diabloman
Originally posted by Psyquis52
BTW, Punisher got his a@$ handed to him by Batman in that. punisher is grabbing his right hand keep from the bat hitting him

diabloman
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4076/batmangroundpsp9yx.jpg

cap stomps on bat. big grin

Psyquis52
punisher is grabbing his right hand keep from the bat hitting him

Have you actually read the book or are you just assuming by the cover?

Psyquis52

Very true. wink

diabloman
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Have you actually read the book or are you just assuming by the cover? ive never seen the book.

Psyquis52
ive never seen the book.

That's a shame. It's a really good one. I own it. Unfortunately I can't show you scans from it because I only post here when I'm at work and I don't take my comic books with me. Sorry.

Suffice to say that Punisher lands one hit because Batman lets him and then he gets a small lesson in humility from Batman although the two never do really fight. Let's just say that Punisher probably won't return to Gotham because he hates Batman that much.

Tank_6603
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Superman. Always the answer to batman superman gave batman kryptoninte right?

King KAM

cap stomps on bat. big grin oh god that picture turns me on

A.J
Originally posted by Validus
Nobody. co-signed cool

A.J
Originally posted by King KAM
oh god that picture turns me on mad mad shadup

srankmissingnin
In a strictly hand to hand fight I full heartedly believe that Frank would win out against Batman. Know Bruce is a much better fighter then Frank (who is still an impressive fighter mind you) and I won't try to argue that fact but I don't think it is enough. IMO it comes down to the fact that Frank has damage soak and durability that are easily on a superhuman level and to help him further he is far more violent and willing to do things during combat that Batman wont. Now Bruce is going to be a hurricane of fists and at the start of the fight he will be landing all the hits but sooner or later Frank will land one, then another and when Frank hits he hits like a truck. With out gadgets it is a battle of attrition and in that Punisher wins.

jinzin
cmon now srank batman puts down superhumans in brawls on a semi regular basis.. couldn't he just touch of death punisher anyways? he's done it before...

srankmissingnin
Does Batman have the ability to take down Frank. Sure, no doubt about that. The question is will he do what needs to be done? I think the answer is no. Short of killing him, the only thing Batman could do to him to end the fight is break all his limbs and by the time he is ready to go that far it will be too late with Frank domination the fight. And at the end of the Frank is stronger and more ruthless fighter.

jinzin
I HEAVILY doubt frank is stronger.. I've never seen frank do anyting like some of the strength feats that bats has...

more ruthless.. well yeah he can be.. but if batman really recognizes that frank was THAT much of a threat to him I can definitely see batman pulling out his bag of tricks.. pressure points, touch of death, etc etc.. I honestly don't see how frank would fair any better hypothetically than he did in their past encounters on paper...

JohnnyDo3
Punisher would beat batman just give him time for prep. But I do agree Punisher got his ass kicked but if Punisher had prep I think he should be able to kill batman

Inhuman
Prep time is overated.

Like I can have prep time over another guy: "hey this knife can pierce human flesh" and I am fighting a human being . I automatically win , because in thoery this knife cuts through flesh.
Just cause I have a knife(gadget) doesnt mean ill get the win.

meaning I dont fall for the batman with prep can take out just about anyone bull.

A.J
frank be near bats lol omg they even had a fight bats owned him

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by A.J
frank be near bats lol omg they even had a fight bats owned him

In a crossover you putz. Batman also worked over Spawn in a cross over and Wolverine married Witchblade... you see where I'm going with this?

jinzin I will respond to your post tomorrow I need to sleep now.

batdude123
Punisher would not beat Batman in a h2h fight. Batman is infinitely more skilled in that department and he is faster, stronger, and more agile. Batman DOES have what it takes to put Punisher down through pressure points and his one shot kills (leopard blow, tiger fist, etc...). Punisher can have all the durability that he wants and he still can't compare with somebody like Solomon Grundy. With the use of pressure points, he took down Solomon Grundy pretty hard. Frank is a badass, no doubt, but when it comes to fighting there's no way that he could beat the dark knight.

Big Sexy
That looks like a Batman, Superman arc, what issue?

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
That looks like a Batman, Superman arc, what issue?

It's Superman/Batman: Public Enemies #3

Accel
Punisher would not beat Batman in a h2h fight. Batman is infinitely more skilled in that department and he is faster, stronger, and more agile. Batman DOES have what it takes to put Punisher down through pressure points and his one shot kills (leopard blow, tiger fist, etc...). Punisher can have all the durability that he wants and he still can't compare with somebody like Solomon Grundy. With the use of pressure points, he took down Solomon Grundy pretty hard. Frank is a badass, no doubt, but when it comes to fighting there's no way that he could beat the dark knight. The problem with Batman beating Grundy is that he used a nerve pinch and gas to knock him out, which doesn't make sense, seeing how Grundy is DEAD and doesn't need to breathe in the first place.

batdude123
My point is that Frank is not as durable as SG and he still managed to hurt him with the use of pressure points. Frank's threshold for pain is incredible, but that doesn't mean that Batman can't overload it. He's done it to many people.

Accel
My point is that Frank is not as durable as SG and he still managed to hurt him with the use of pressure points. Frank's threshold for pain is incredible, but that doesn't mean that Batman can't overload it. He's done it to many people.
Yes, but Grundy's DEAD. He can't be physically hurt, not even by pressure points.

Grimm22

Thats Wonder Woman no expression

Cap doesnt have stripes on his boots no

batdude123
eek! In yo faces Captain America lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimm22
eek! In yo faces Captain America lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I still think that Cap could take Bats, just not that badly stick out tongue

batdude123
Yes, but Grundy's DEAD. He can't be physically hurt, not even by pressure points.

Alright, but Solomon Grundy was taken down through pressure points, end of story. However, do you think that Punisher would be able to beat Batman in a h2h fight?

batdude123
Of course I still think that Cap could take Bats, just not that badly stick out tongue

Straight up h2h, yes Cap would take him 6/10. However, with gadgets and shield, Batman 7/10. wink

Accel
Alright, but Solomon Grundy was taken down through pressure points, end of story. However, do you think that Punisher would be able to beat Batman in a h2h fight?
No, Bat's would school Frank. What I AM saying, though, is that Batman taking down Grundy (a guy who gives Superman and the JSa problems) with that method should not logically happen.

Frank's tough though, he won't go down without a fight. Hell, recently, he held his own against Baracuda while suffering froma concussion. His pain tolerance is pretty impressive.

batdude123
No, Bat's would school Frank. What I AM saying, though, is that Batman taking down Grundy (a guy who gives Superman and the JSa problems) with that method should not logically happen.

Frank's tough though, he won't go down without a fight. Hell, recently, he held his own against Baracuda while suffering froma concussion. His pain tolerance is pretty impressive.

Yes, however there are various incarnations of Grundy. He has weaker forms, and then he has the forms that can fight Superman fairly well.

Frank's pain tolerance is inhuman, you're right, but then again so is Batman's. However, Batman has got him licked in skill, speed, strength, and agility. wink

Here, read all of this. It's pretty impressive wink :

Batman is a master of Haragei, a master who has expanded his physical senses over this plane of existence to another and thus becoming hyper aware of his surroundings without appearing to really being anything different from others. He is keenly aware of everything going on around him and also the microscopic and the astral world around himself. Furthermore he can feel that world around himself and thus being one of the most difficult targets for telepathy and also telepathic obfuscation. Along these lines the Bat has learnt and masters both the Sakki and Kiai. Kiai is the ability to feel the intent and thus be able to act accordingly. However Sakki is the force of the intention and with these three pillars the Bat can take the physical battle to another level, to the psychological, the mental plane. The Sakki and Kiai, completed with the mastery of Haragei can be used as physical weapons, a force of wills where every blow is even stronger than the physical ones. As a ninja and a master of haragei, Batman has learnt to cope without his sensory input, making him able to fight and function without any sort of handicap should he lose his sight or hearing, or other senses. The fact is that the Bat is far beyond the human senses and even though they are handy, they're not needed.

Chi is another facet and a tactic the Batman uses, much like Sakki, it can be projected through the combat. Batman has been shown, on numerous occasions, to be able to perform feats impossible to humans. He has been shown to kick down trees, punch through concrete and mortar walls. He has been shown to be able to lift up a stone totem that weighed over a ton. He can project his Chi out of his body and aid him physically, because of this it is no big feat for him to punch through living trees and walls. By focusing his Chi inside his body he can ignore the physical damage and pain he receives. Through his training, Batman has trained himself to ignore exhaustion, sleep deprivation, emotions and also pain and agony. To anyone looking at the Bat, there is nothing remotely human about him other than the chin. As a Bat, when under control, he feels no emotions, no fear, no love, he is completely indifferent to the world around himself and thus he is in tune with it as Tao teaches. He flows from one motion to another in the river of life, this granting him the sixth sense, intuism he always listens to, the thing that has saved his life on many occasions.

This form, this Tao was taught to him by Mistress Shao-La in the Himalayas. Bruce Wayne had heard about a master with great power residing in the mountains and the young boy wanted to learn more. He went to the master who'd teach him the Tao and also self-control. The light side of this force would give him the control over his emotions and the ability to be in tune with the world, but it wasn't enough for him. Bruce Wayne wanted power, true power and after Shao-La told him about Master H'Sien Tan he would venture out there and learn.

From H'Sien Tan Bruce Wayne learnt the path of personal power. He learnt from the man that he had two destinies and by choosing one of them he'd receive everything he had ever wanted and the second would make him nearly omnipotent. This path would be the path of personal power he sought to avenge and to protect. In time it would also consume him. This little story is part of the package H'Sien Tan taught Bruce. The acceptance. The acceptance of one's fate, one's death and one's power. It was also a craft he taught to Bruce, to know, to feel the world and the energies around himself, to harness those energies and glean answers from them. This form of spiritualism has served Bruce well, but also it has twisted him and he has found ways to distort it, making him appear the victim even if he has wanted it. From H'Sien Tan he also learnt a way to control himself, not just his emotions but his body. Bruce is capable of, instinctually, command his body to stop bleeding, force healing on himself and even more importantly, he is able to ignore the toll exhaustion and the lack of sleep inflicts on him. Also Tan taught him the way to slow down his heart, the flow of his blood, to the level of dying and yet remaining alive.

The dark forces of Tao, the greed, is a powerful mistress and because of this the person who wields these arts needs to be mentally strong to wrest the control lest it controls him in his path to power. This dark art comprises partly of alchemy and magic mixed in with the mental control and hypnotism and this is the most formidable teaching Tan had to give Bruce.

Batman is able to force his presence on others, much like the way the Wrath of God appears. He can grow in people's minds, project his terror on them and destroy their minds, but at the same time he can push his presence inwardly and just disappear from their mind's eye, right in front of them and none will know how nor why. Furthermore he has learnt the power of suggestion, the ability to appear as something else to anyone and this is the key behind his quick costume changes and his disappearances. To add to this, his skills in these arts have given him a willpower matched by nearly none as he can ignore anything and go through stone and rock. The last skill Tan gave to Bruce was the art of the Tiger Fist, a punch so powerful it can rend through mountains, a skill, an art known to only 5 people on Earth and only 2 of them survive 'til this day.

As a ninja, a shadow assassin, Batman has been taught to use his surroundings to his advantage and so he knows when there are people in the correct vantage points, he knows how to conceal himself so that he is virtually invisible and he knows the ways to use the surroundings offensively. This lesson is part of the reason why the Bat was created in this visage. Bruce knows the hearts of the men and he can defeat them before engaging them in combat. In ancient times in Japan, the warrior caste, the Samurai, used the Ninja because their honor couldn't handle the deceitful tactics. However, Batman has no qualms with this and actually he uses quite a lot of deception as he does his work. Chu Chin Li and later on David Cain taught him the assassination tactics and skills, so he is aware of how a possible assassin will work and will think, and he can prepare against these situations.

Japanese sword fighting or Kendo is part of the Bushido class and way of life and also practiced by Batman and Bruce Wayne. From Bushido and Taothe Batman has taken the meditation skills taught to him by Shao-La for clearing his mind and his conscience, even if Alfred tends to call it brooding. Many a time the Bat has solved a case while meditating or sleeping, which is quite the same thing for him as he utilizes the sleeping techniques Shao-La taught him.

The ways of the Shadow Warrior are quite many and there are different rumors and different legends about the ninjas, and when concerning the Bat most of them hold true. However the main thing about the ninja is that they're adaptable and Batman has taken this strategy in his heart and cherishes it. He adapts to any situation and if he isn't able to conquer, he will find another way to do it.

Grimm22
Straight up h2h, yes Cap would take him 6/10. However, with gadgets and shield, Batman 7/10. wink

Hmm, I would say in h2h Cap wins 8/10

With Gadgets Bats wins 6/10 stick out tongue

batdude123
Whatever helps you sleep at night Grimm. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.