movies made in your city.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
other than NY and LA name the city you live in and the movies that have been made there.

i live in houston TX the only movie i can think of is sidekicks. it was made in the school where some of my friends used to go to which is cool.

T.M
Twin Town was made near where I live..

Icicle
I don't think anything was made here in Ottawa, On

EPIIIBITES
13 Ghosts
The 6th Day
Agent Cody Banks
Along Came a Spider
Butterfly Effect
Catwoman
Chronicles of Riddick
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Final Destination I,II
Happy Gilmore
I, Robot
Scary Movie
Walking Tall
White Chicks
X-Men II, III

...just to name a very small few.

All shot in my backyard in Vancouver BC

C-Dic
Feeling Minnesota, The Mighty Ducks, and Joe Somebody were all shot in New Hope, MN. We actually took pictures of our car at specific locations from those movies, too. laughing out loud

"Joe Somebody" was shot at the new Arts school, Might Ducks was filmed at the old New Hope ice arena, and Feeling Minnesota in the same little stretch of road, near the High School.

Mr Parker
I know the sequal to presumed innocence-forget the name of it,it was a tv movie.that was filmed here in kansas city.

Nevermind
The Matrix
Superman Returns
Son of the Mask (*shudders*)

Those are the ones that come off from the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

diabloman
Originally posted by Nevermind
The Matrix
Superman Returns
Son of the Mask (*shudders*)

Those are the ones that come off from the top of my head. I'm sure there's more. which city ?

Nevermind
Originally posted by diabloman
which city ?

Sydney.

Wolfie
The Twin Pines/Lone Pine Mall scene of Back to the Future was shot in Brea, CA... as I hear.

Impediment
A Perfect World and The Life of David Gale were filmed at the prisons here in Huntsville, Tx. TDCJ (TX Dept. of Criminal Justice) has about 13 prisons here, which I happen to work at one. The Walls Unit (where the executions take place) is where most scenes, for both movies, were filmed. Some scenes were at the Ellis Unit, which is death row.

dementedde
Twin Town
Human Traffic
Very Anne Mary

They were filmed in South Wales, where I live. Their making a film studio over here that is supposed to be the next hollywood - valleywood! lol laughing it's already being built. Apparantly a theme park based on the films they will be making is in the works as well!

MildPossession
Harry Potter 1 and 2(been on set of Harry Potter 3 somewhere else, if that counts smile )
Get Carter
Goal
Elizabeth
El Cid
Billy Elliot
Alien 3
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Jude

Just a few that were filmed near where I am in the North East of England.

Rapscallion
legally blond
fever pitch
boondock saints
mystic river

god, what a lousy performance. we musta had more than that filmed in beantown

forumcrew
Ladder 49
Beauty Shop
The Interpreter
Enemy of the State
Along came a SPider
Head of State
The Meteor Man
Red Dragon
The Replacements
Runaway Bride
Saved
Sleepless in Seattle
Sum of all Fears
XXX: State of the Union

All made in....... Baltimore

Outbreak was made in Frederick which is a smaller MD town, that im back and forth with their and baltimore.

Myth
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (coming soon)

Check it out: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=13603

My friend is in it btw but only a minor character.

diabloman
Originally posted by Rapscallion
legally blond
fever pitch
boondock saints
mystic river

god, what a lousy performance. we musta had more than that filmed in beantown y the hell did fever pitch made you cry ?

systemshock2
Parts of "A Perfect World" were filmed in Austin when I lived there. Represent!

And now that I'm in San Marcos, recently "The Ringer" filmed their stadium shots at the football field. Awesome to think that Johnny Knoxville and Brian Cox were in town at one point.

Alpha Centauri
Parts of 28 Days Later were filmed in my borough, some of it just down the street. You can see my front door.

-AC

Rapscallion
Originally posted by diabloman
y the hell did fever pitch made you cry ?

why would you think it made me cry? it was just made in Boston. Legally blond sure as hell didn't make me cry either.

Myth
I think diabloman got confused about which thread he is in. Of course I don't know why he didn't question Boondock Saints and Legally Blonde.

Aurora
Where I lived in Tennessee they filmed part of the Jungle Book. A tiger also got loose while they were filming and it took them a day to get him back.

A ton of movies have been made where I live now, in Chicago. It would be fruitless to try and name them all. I am sure I don't know them all. Anything by John Hughes is a given tho.

ladygrim
None sad

my_lenaptalf
Originally posted by Aurora

A ton of movies have been made where I live now, in Chicago. It would be fruitless to try and name them all. I am sure I don't know them all. Anything by John Hughes is a given tho.

I second that! I grew up on the North shore and all those Hughes flix were basically in our back yards. I always wondered how outsiders felt about them, since we all took them them a little more to heart.

Tptmanno1
I know Long Beach CA has had a huge amount of stuff filmed here, so by doing some quick research...
Monster Garage of course... even though its not a movie...
Terminator 2, Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon, Guess Who, Coach Carter, The last Scene of Casablanca with the plane and all were at Long Beach Airport, Speed, Cheaper By The Dozen, Be Cool, National Treasure, American Dreamz, Gone In 60 Seconds, What Woman Want, Slackers, Donnie Darko, Fast and the Furious, Swordfish, Constantine, Spider Man, American Pie 1 & 2, National Security, Rush Hour 2
and more...

cartmancop
Sweet Home Alabama was filmed about 20 minutes from where I live.

& of course Forrest Gump was in Savannah, which is 90 miles or so from me...they have one restaurant where part was filmed that I've eaten at, it was great...

Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed in various parts of GA.

I've been told parts of Road Trip were filmed @ UGA, which is cool since I'm going theresmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.