POTC 3, 4 and 5???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

07'Pirate
Do you guys think that after the 1st 3 movies...they should wait like 5 or 10 years and come out w/ another trilogy or prequel movies sometime??? eek!

Legion_of_Maul
2 is bad enough... don't ruin it, haha jk, i hope, but i think they wont be as good as the first one, i mean what would they make a story of?

07'Pirate
They could do like a star wars thing and create prequel movies w/ new characters and new story lines.......

She's a pirate
NO NO NO! I'm sorry but one was enough! They're pushing it with two and three is drawing the line. If they do anymore I'm going to seriously boycott disney.

07'Pirate
Dont be a hater just yet....at least wait till u see the sequel, then decide whether or not they should make more.......who knows...if all 3 movies are a hit this could become a very successful franchise.....trust me if these movies make as much at the b/o as the 1st one....disney is not gonna pass up the chance to make more....as long as people keep seing them im sure disney is going to want to keep making money.... smile smile

She's a pirate
I'm not a hater. Disney is already over marketing these movies. I'll be surprised if they don't make Jack Sparrow toilet paper next. People are going to start getting sick of it soon if they keep doing that. I never liked Disney to begin with because that's all they do to their movies, they ruin them with sequels and over market them to death. I"m not saying the sequels to pirates aren't going to be great, but I don't want them pushing it with 'more'.

07'Pirate
Im a huge POTC fan and if the movies that they come out w/ are good than i want them 2 keep making more...as long as the stories are good and the movies are good.. big grin

jessigem
i don't think they'll make a fourth or fifth since the third one is called the world's end or something.
doesn't that mean it's over?

07'Pirate
We'll thats not a confirmed title yet....and if it is called that.....i dont think it's reffering to an apocalyptic end of the world....rather than traveling to the end of the world location wise...like how they thought back then that the world was flat and u could travel to the end of the earth......in the Dead man's Chest trailer that woman w/ the dread locks mentions something of this......"you must travel to the end of the earth." smile

jessigem
no i meant that if that is the title, then they would probably "save the world" in whatever way or like you said just travel there and everything will be over so they wont need a fourth, fifth, etc...

Em22
I've just heard on the radio that there planning a Pirates Of ...... 4!

Just thought I'd tell you smile

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by She's a pirate
I'll be surprised if they don't make Jack Sparrow toilet paper next.

Hahaha! laughing

And I agree.. they shouldn't make anymore than 3.. that's enough. And I love Pirates of the Caribbean, but if they make more it's just going to ruin it. I suppose if they were good then it wouldn't be so bad.. but what the hell would the stories be? I don't think they would be able to make them good.. and it would get quite annoying.

jessigem
i don't think the actors/actresses would want to do anymore either. They'll probably be tired of it by then.

choosewisely
as long as we aren't tired of them....
jack on his ship with a rolator

jessigem
laughing out loud

Mådness
I have to say three is the magic number. A trilogy is the way to go. No prequels, no sequals after 3, that's it. After that, and I'd hate to admit it, things will get tiresome. I would rather imagine Jack's other misadventures, or weave them in RP (take our old RPG thread for example). No, I love Jack, would love to see Will sing like a unich, and Elizabeth to complain about braking her nails, but 3 movies is enough. I would rather that than Disney trying to push their luck. I mean, look at the Land Before Time! The only reason there are so many movies is because they couldn't get a TV show! blink

jessigem
our old rp thread was cancelled so we have to make a new one at the rp forum sad .
i totally forgot about the land before time....i think i only watched the first one.

Mønkey
Johnny has said he'd gladly do a 4 and 5 because he loves his character (jack Sparrow) sooo much!

jessigem
i bet he does, being a pirate in a movie sounds like fun. not only that, but he won't have to look for any other movies to be in because he'll be making so much $money$ from POTC. big grin

forumcrew
Originally posted by jessigem
i don't think the actors/actresses would want to do anymore either. They'll probably be tired of it by then.

the only actor in these that matters is Johnny Depp and he said he will do them as long as they can create good fun scripts.

PeterGriffin
They shouldnt make anymore movies after #3, you cant keep something going just because you feel like, it'll bomb eventually. If anything, they could do a mini tv series type thing or something, short hour long episodes or so, but have it in a continous timeline. Then they could put whatever crap they wanted in each episode and it wouldnt ruin the franchise. I seriously think tv series are the way to go these days, theres only so many movie you can do before you screw one up and everyone hates it...plus theres a lot more freedom on character expansion and so on. Look at how popular this franchise is, everyone wants more after #3, but at the same time, anymore movies would kill a good thing, whereas a tv series would be perfect.

truthbetold
there more than likely qill be a POTC 4.
and some names for 3 are:
At World's End
Uncharted Waters
&
Calypso's Revenge
(Calypso as in the Dalma (person with dreads.)

jessigem
I thought it was already called the world's end. and i don't think there will be a potc 4 because the guy in the 2nd movie said that "jack's kind" are declining and the end of piracy is coming. So after the 3rd movie i think there won't be anymore pirates. Even though we love the movies, they still still have to keep it historically accurate. sad

Darth Macabre
I thought it was already called the world's end. and i don't think there will be a potc 4 because the guy in the 2nd movie said that "jack's kind" are declining and the end of piracy is coming. So after the 3rd movie i think there won't be anymore pirates. Even though we love the movies, they still still have to keep it historically accurate. sad

They haven't been historically accurate as of yet...Why start now?

Plus, there are pirates even today...So piracy was only declining, not full blown ending.

jessigem
at least they used a real setting though. in the time setting that it was made port royal was invaded by pirates i think. but by the time setting in the 3rd movie, i think pirates weren't so....... abundant? is that the word? if they make a fourth movie it'll kinda be like Mission Impossible. they keep coming out with new movies for that.

Darth Macabre
at least they used a real setting though. in the time setting that it was made port royal was invaded by pirates i think. but by the time setting in the 3rd movie, i think pirates weren't so....... abundant? is that the word? if they make a fourth movie it'll kinda be like Mission Impossible. they keep coming out with new movies for that.

Yeah, it's a word...It means plentiful.

I understand what you're saying, but there are still pirates...Even back in 1720, when the King was giving the pirates amnesty for past transgressions...So who's to say "Captain Jack" won't be one of those pirates who stuck around?

jessigem
the writer muahaha evil face
jk, but i guess anything's possible in this movie so it doesn't really matter what we think. happy

Leggy_n_Merry
Slightly off topic but..

I'm going to be learning about pirates in History next year! Yay! Obviously it's not going to be all "arrr me harty" (or however you spell it) lol, it's about Francis Drake and such. But it'll still be really interesting.

To stay on topic I shall say yup it's called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. When it first changed it was only "World's End", I think it's better with "At" in it aswell.. it gives it like that extra thing. If you know what I mean..

jessigem
oh no!! school is gunna ruin pirates for you. they won't be fun anymore and now you'll actually know true facts about real pirates.arrg!! its an abomination!! messed

CaptnCaribbean
I could watch POTC constantly, if people are getting sick by the end of the first one, you aren't a real fan.

jessigem
thumb up

jessigem
POTC
Srek 2
Princess Bride
3 movies i could watch over and over and over...like the energizer bunnyrolling on floor laughing

DRAKONS
I dont think there will be any more Pirates of Caribbean movies. Here check this out http.imdb.com
P.S sorry cant post links yet

jessigem
i can post links. just hit the spacebar after you paste the link on the comment thing. it doesn't show it on the box but after it posts, it's a link!! big grin

DRAKONS
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/

jessigem
see? i was right big grin

DRAKONS
Yes you were and noone can argue with that but check out the site if you havent already

jessigem
i have. and it says the movie is on hiatus until late summer. i like that word....hiatus laughing out loud

Leggy_n_Merry
www.imdb.com is my homepage I always go on it yes

School won't ruin it.. Pirates of the Caribbean will always be the first thing I think of big grin and Jack and everything.

And yup Pirates of the Caribbean and Shrek 2 are two films I can watch over and over too. And of course Lord of the Rings. And Harry Potter (Goblet of Fire mostly). Oh and The Phantom of the Opera. Although I have listened to the soundtrack about a millions times. But it's better to watch the film coz then you have visualness aswell and it makes it so much better.

offtopic

Sorry.
So I will say this:

People keep telling me how they've heard that they're thinking of making a fourth one but I don't know if they're just making it up or if it's just a rumour.. probably is. Well I hope it is anyway. Three is like the perfect number to do. Trilogy all the way!

jessigem
you're right, 3 is the perfect number. ex:
3rd time's the charm
3 musketeers
....i can't think of anythign else at the moment no expression
and i loved shrek 2 mostly because of the songs, which is the same reason i loved cars also. happy

DRAKONS
HUZZZAAA!!!

jessigem
? whatever
HUZZA!! eek!

DavyyJoness.
very much a good idea..
i agree in ful

jessigem
sorry. there isn't mcuh use of this thread. our opinions were already expressed in the beginning, and on other threads like this.....i don't think there's gunna be a 4th or 5th movie. it would kill POTC

Lady_Depp
yes it wud as much as i love potc.. 3 is gud to finish it.. n a prequel nahh its good how it started lets hope its great how it ends too

jessigem
yep happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.