The guardians vs the Watchers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
out of curiosity how many watcher are there?

Rols
I dont know much about the Guardians but The watchers are supposed to be as powerfull as the celestials and theres a planet full of them.

bigbran
watchers win.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Rols
I dont know much about the Guardians but The watchers are supposed to be as powerfull as the celestials and theres a planet full of them.
As powerful as the Celestials ? Since when ? I know they are underestimated, they're really powerful, but as powerful as a Celestial ?

A Watcher is one of the big guys. A Celestial is one of the BIG GUYS.

Broly92
Watchers win but they'll probably have plenty dead

Mider
gaurdians are suppose to be really high up there, ganthet just one gaurdian and he is also the strongest is said to be able to crack a planet in half with a stray thought, i give it to the gauridans

FujiFuu
when has a watcher ever demonstarted force? I know in a what if he fought galactus and was killed by him, but I don't remember any other time

Big Sexy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchers_%28comics%29
heres one bio

batdude123

eer Never, NEVER. The Watchers and the Celestials went to war and it was basically a pointless battle for the Watchers. They're powerful, granted, but nowhere near as powerful as the Celestials. I'll go with the Guardians for this one.

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchers_%28comics%29
heres one bio

I know all about Uatu and them, but I still think the Guardians win.

Draco69
Stalemate. They just stare at each other and do nothing like they do most of the time in their universes.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Draco69
Stalemate. They just stare at each other and do nothing like they do most of the time in their universes. laughing

bigbran
so just because there not as powerful as the celestials the watchers lose. are the guards as powerful as the celestials.
watchers win.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
so just because there not as powerful as the celestials the watchers lose. are the guards as powerful as the celestials.
watchers win.

That's not what I'm saying. They are a peaceful people and the Guardians would defeat them.

Draco69
The Guardians can tap into the Oan Energy which gathers energy from the Source itself.

I don't know much about the Watchers other than the fact they...watch.

Rols
There was a war between the Celestial and The Watcher, it was a pointless battle but not because the Watcher was weaker than the Celestial, they held there own against the Celestial, they werent decimated or overun, which made me beleived that they are equal in power.

batdude123
There was a war between the Celestial and The Watcher, it was a pointless battle but not because the Watcher was weaker than the Celestial, they held there own against the Celestial, they werent decimated or overun, which made me beleived that they are equal in power.

They are not equal in power. no

snoopdogg
It's hard to pick a winner when you have uber powerful characters like this one.

Going by performances in comics I would say the Guardians.

Mider
watchers dont have that meany feats sept that big womping in earth or universe x when they where losing to the celestials, but the gaurdians are the bosses of the Oan power which is like fighting parallax in a way if you have to war against all of them.

Adam Warlock
They didn't lose to the Celestials. They held their own against them. Add to the fact their is a planet full of Watchers. Let me rephrase that. Watchers have a homeworld/planet, but most of them don't simply live their anymore. It's impossible to calculate there numbers since their scattered all across the Universe in their respected areas.

How many Guardians are there?

Sixth_Winged
Just a little nitpick, each of them are assigned to one universe. They're also scattered throughout the multiverse.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Just a little nitpick, each of them are assigned to one universe. They're also scattered throughout the multiverse.

where'd you get that? i think they're more akin to gl's and have large sectors. anyway, earth x is all nono-continuity so it doesn't really matter HOW that war went.

aron the rogue watcher was very powerful in an ff arc. exactly how powerful is hard to say. uatu beat him in a fight and they were said to battling across all levels of reality. nate was able to briefly read the mind of a watcher but then got shut out. exitar killed the most powerful of the watchers with one blast. galactus and uatu had a conversation and uatu understood that g was more powerful. another rogue watcher seemed unable to defeat quasar!! pis?? prolly . . . the stranger was also in that arc and q and the stranger together seemed graeter than the watcher. i'd put them between stranger and galactus.

however, there are hundreds or them, if not more. they win on sheer numbers alone i think.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by leonidas
where'd you get that? i think they're more akin to gl's and have large sectors. anyway, earth x is all nono-continuity so it doesn't really matter HOW that war went.

aron the rogue watcher was very powerful in an ff arc. exactly how powerful is hard to say. uatu beat him in a fight and they were said to battling across all levels of reality. nate was able to briefly read the mind of a watcher but then got shut out. exitar killed the most powerful of the watchers with one blast. galactus and uatu had a conversation and uatu understood that g was more powerful. another rogue watcher seemed unable to defeat quasar!! pis?? prolly . . . the stranger was also in that arc and q and the stranger together seemed graeter than the watcher. i'd put them between stranger and galactus.

however, there are hundreds or them, if not more. they win on sheer numbers alone i think.

Cause there are other watchers shown to be assigned for one universe like Ute of Earth proctor. I might be wrong, no biggie but even then, they still seemed to have powers monitoring alternate universes with a whim.

leonidas
i think that we're actually (or may be) both correct. i'm pretty sure there is more than a single watcher in our universe -- we've seen multiple watchers, and even rogues, at least -- but it's also true that other multiverses have their own watchers. that was revealed in an avengers arc.

meh, i'm good with saying we're both right. big grin

Sixth_Winged
Yeah, co-signed with that thumb up. There were some other than Uatu shown in his trial.

snoopdogg
I don't know how many Watchers there are but in Green Lantern #11 I counted atleast 12 Guardians. I'm pretty sure there is more though.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/GL11.jpg

So is their only two watchers or are you guys just assuming there is more?

Sixth_Winged
Guardians are pretty short on the numbers at the moment because of what happened with Emerald twilight. Even with the rebirth of their race just so recently, their still a bit short on numbers.

A better match for numbers would be coming from time back when they were maltusians and were whole as a race, but then we don't know how much power difference they compared with their evolved state(guardians, controllers, zamarons). They also weren't immortal during the time.

snoopdogg
It's hard to debate about uber characters of these two races levels. I usually stay away from upper level cosmic characters.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by snoopdogg
It's hard to debate about uber characters of these two races levels. I usually stay away from upper level cosmic characters.

devil and it's funny they always came up when there's a thread enquiring about whose the strongest person from DC and Marvel. After the post with the Prescence, TOAA, the phoenix, etc, the theads usually goes shitty afterwards.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
devil and it's funny they always came up when there's a thread enquiring about whose the strongest person from DC and Marvel. After the post with the Prescence, TOAA, the phoenix, etc, the theads usually goes shitty afterwards. Dude I only made this thread because I had recently looked over the new GL Hal comic and the civil war comic. I thought both the guardians and the watchers to be quite similiar. Thats why I made this thread.

snoopdogg
Dude I only made this thread because I had recently looked over the new GL Hal comic and the civil war comic. I thought both the guardians and the watchers to be quite similiar. Thats why I made this thread. Yea I always thought that Marvel got the idea of the Watchers from the Guardians.

Sixth_Winged
Dude I only made this thread because I had recently looked over the new GL Hal comic and the civil war comic. I thought both the guardians and the watchers to be quite similiar. Thats why I made this thread.

no, i'm not saying this thread is bad or anything. This thread isn't really that easy to make a sound conclusion on whose the winner with the obscure amount of power levels for both. They have feats but most didn't indicate any limits of their capacity. But It's not hopeless with them not being total abstracts and such.

I'm referring that comment to the general type of power gauging threads that exist here. It usually ends up in a pattern where the moment someone posted the "god" of that universe, it usually went downhill.

Of course, this match is too hard to call base on power levels. AFAIK, the definites are mostly the ratio of Watchers to Guardians.

leonidas
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I don't know how many Watchers there are but in Green Lantern #11 I counted atleast 12 Guardians. I'm pretty sure there is more though.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/GL11.jpg

So is their only two watchers or are you guys just assuming there is more?

no asumptions snoop. in the ff arc i referenced there was a LOT of them.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
no asumptions snoop. in the ff arc i referenced there was a LOT of them. Wasn't there like 4 of them to appear total?

Sixth_Winged
They are a whole race but only some have graced the pages of MU.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/watchers.htm

guy222
Too many Watchers(billions)

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
Too many Watchers(billions)

agreed

starlock
Watchers win

I agree there are to many of them, but one on one, id say the guardians have more experience engaging in battle...but it would be close

Estacado
How many Watchers are there?

xjustice69x
watchers for the win

Kutulu
Originally posted by Estacado
How many Watchers are there?

Billions. Each one is skyfather level or above.

Bnmcd
watchers have too many numbers and guardians are only around odin level

Priest
Originally posted by Bnmcd
watchers have too many numbers and guardians are only around odin level
Odin>Guardian.

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
Odin>Guardian. So,
Odin = Thanos > Guardian? ermmgrin

janus77
Thanos = Odin/*Darksied

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kutulu
Billions. Each one is skyfather level or above.

I would place them above skyfather level

Mr Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
I would place them above skyfather level
Way above.

Uatu took a tiny Universe (Timeline/Reality 311)
and placed it withIN his chest for safe keeping.

Odin has never dreamed of such a feat.

guy222
Uatu met Odin once

Utrigita
Originally posted by Mr Master
Way above.

Uatu took a tiny Universe (Timeline/Reality 311)
and placed it withIN his chest for safe keeping.

Odin has never dreamed of such a feat.

Low Class Abstracts???

Mr Master
Low Class Abstracts???
Sounds about right.
Right beneath the likes of Galactus and the Celestials.

Kutulu
Sounds about right.

I thought they were created by one of the Proemials.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kutulu
I thought they were created by one of the Proemials.

They are off spring by one of the Proemial gods, just like (from my point of view) the celestials is and the theory still works with Eternity having created the Celestials so...

Utrigita
Sounds about right.

Agreed but the way from a regular Celestial to a watcher isn't far IMO.

guy222
They are off spring by one of the Proemial gods, just like (from my point of view) the celestials is and the theory still works with Eternity having created the Celestials so...

Brio wink

Celestials created by Eternityhmm Guy is silly

guy222
Agreed but the way from a regular Celestial to a watcher isn't far IMO.

If only the Watchers had more feats

Uatu seemed awestruck when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

Exitar was goin to destroy the entire Watcher race

Celestial>Watcher

Celestials>Watchers

Galan007
Exitar was goin to destroy the entire Watcher race After eons of prep. wink

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007
After eons of prep. wink
thumb up

Watchers are no joke, cats just slept on them for a while.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t472567.html

smile

guy222
yes

It was too sweet watching that large Watcher fall big grin

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
watchers win.

against current-day Oans?? yea, most likely.

against GA-Oans?? best that Ud see would be a stalemate.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Priest
Odin>Guardian.

after their (the Oans)recent low showing, I would be hard-pressed to defend that.

Tazer

Utrigita

Uatu seemed awestruck when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

Exitar was goin to destroy the entire Watcher race

Celestial>Watcher

Celestials>Watchers

I agree with you post all the way Guy

I also have no doubt that the Celestials > Watchers and Celestial > Watcher the question is just by how big a margin.

Utrigita
Brio wink

Celestials created by Eternityhmm Guy is silly

I believe so He also looks like a Celestial

Yes just like the Proemial Gods wink

guy222
thumb up

Air Legend
yes

It was too sweet watching that large Watcher fall big grin

It was fun to see the Pre-Retcon Beyonder manhandle all those Celestials. stick out tongue

guy222
Good to see Beyonder retconned below a Celestial stick out tongue

Air Legend
Good to see Beyonder retconned below a Celestial stick out tongue
Good to see Molecule Man still greater than any Celestial stick out tongue

guy222
Not Scathan

According to Gaiman, Tiamut is the most dangerous thing on Earth stick out tongue

Goin to step out for a bit. Lets continue this with PMs

I don't want anyone to say were spamming the thread

guy222
Monolith Gatherer

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9945/x51v112of1219vc8.th.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8973/x51v112of1220vo1.th.jpg

Prelude to the Watchers losing

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5800/fantasticforceno07p21yh2.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.