Silver Surfer vs Alpha Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Can Canada's finest take down the herald of Galactus?

Alpha Flight
Guardian
Vindicator
Sasquatch
Shaman
Talisman
Witchfire
Aurora
Northstar
Snowbird
Box
Madison Jeffries
Marrina
Nemesis
Radius
Windshear

Stipulations
*fight takes place on Earth and the planet must survive for either side to win
*no use of the Void, BFR, or manipulation of time
*neither side gets prep
*both sides are bloodlusted

King_Mungi
They definetly can do it, Talisman is their main power.

leonidas
and if she's taken out in the first nanosecond . . .? shifty

Rols
Is Talisman that Omega level kid that Wolverine was trying to help realize his potential. I really dont know what his powers. The rest SS can handle.

King_Mungi
No that's Earthmover, and many can put up a fight ie Guardian in Galactus buster mode but there powerful magic users really give it to them. Most of the team are just fodder

Earthmover:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Earthmover

Talisman:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Talisman

Shaman:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman

Witchfire:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Witchfire

THE ULTIMATE
Silver Surfer would own Alpha Flight

Grimm22
Alpha Flight 5.5/10 wink

THE ULTIMATE
Originally posted by Grimm22
Alpha Flight 5.5/10 wink
lol the alpha flight got own by the collective in less then 1 minute

King_Mungi
Originally posted by THE ULTIMATE
lol the alpha flight got own by the collective in less then 1 minute

How many times have I told you? that wasn't the real Alpha Flight as they are in space

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
How many times have I told you? that wasn't the real Alpha Flight as they are in space

Or.. It was the real alpha flight and the writers at marvel just decided to ignore the whole real ones in space story...

stick out tongue

THE ULTIMATE
yeah i remember they were so afraid of the collective that they did not want to face im so they clned their selves and the real alpha flight went to a space camp instead of fighting big grinbig grinbig grin

King_Mungi
meh! then they jobbed as they have faced bigger level threats and prevailed Llan being one.

Black Adam
Pie is good.

yes it is.

King_Mungi
yeah i remember they were so afraid of the collective that they did not want to face im so they clned their selves and the real alpha flight went to a space camp instead of fighting big grinbig grinbig grin

So you pretty much have no idea what actually happened do you? No one was afraid of the Collective and they left before Bendis even thought of the Collective.

UltimateStryfe
SS 7/10

Psyquis52
Alpha Flight 6/10

King_Mungi
Shaman could litterally take away Silver Surfer's speed and flight by cancelling all flying in a mile radius

Grimm22
What?!? No Puck!?!? mad

Without Puck Alpha Flight gets pwned! wink

Accel
Damn right. Puck's the backbone of AF.

leonidas
Shaman could litterally take away Silver Surfer's speed and flight by cancelling all flying in a mile radius

noy if he's taken out in the second nanosecond . . . stick out tongue

af has no answer to a speed blitz -- at least not any answer that would stop him.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by leonidas
noy if he's taken out in the second nanosecond . . . stick out tongue

af has no answer to a speed blitz -- at least not any answer that would stop him.

Actually they have mutliple answers and remember their on Earth and has to be intact so going lightspeed won't work.

snoopdogg
Actually they have mutliple answers and remember their on Earth and has to be intact so going lightspeed won't work. Ah King but in Marvel characters can go that fast in the atmosphere.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Ah King but in Marvel characters can go that fast in the atmosphere.

Northstar and Aurora can't as in the bios stated it would cause them harm and the environment if they reached 99% the speed of light.

Skeets
Northstar and Aurora can't as in the bios stated it would cause them harm and the environment if they reached 99% the speed of light.
Not Surfer Though...stick out tongue

Accel
Surfer seemingly went lightspeed on Earth when he searched the whole world for Namor.

Skeets
Originally posted by Accel
Surfer seemingly went lightspeed on Earth when he searched the whole world for Namor.
The guy's Timetraveled while in earth's atmosphere........

King_Mungi
Shaman and Talisman have timetravled as well, but how would that be possible for Surfer to go lightspeed on Earth?

Soleran
Who Cares though SS just transmutes them all to living statues faster then the speed of light, yeah thats the ticket!

King_Mungi
That's very diffucult with a Dr.Strange equal and two near equal magical users.

Soleran
That's very diffucult with a Dr.Strange equal and two near equal magical users.

Not so much when SS even if he doesn't travel at light speed has shown he can function at lightspeed (ie thoughts.) Humans have a distinctly weak link, durability. SS wins due to erg dare I say it Speed Blitz with power cosmic to turn them into stone.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soleran
Not so much when SS even if he doesn't travel at light speed has shown he can function at lightspeed (ie thoughts.) Humans have a distinctly weak link, durability. SS wins due to erg dare I say it Speed Blitz with power cosmic to turn them into stone.

Talisman is the avatar of the gods, and is said to be more spirit than human now and half way into the spirit world. Witchfire is a powerful demon the daughter of Belasco, really the only one who has human durability is Shaman.

Soleran
Talisman is the avatar of the gods, and is said to be more spirit than human now and half way into the spirit world. Witchfire is a powerful demon the daughter of Belasco, really the only one who has human durability is Shaman.

Which could benefit them I'm sure if SS's jobber Cosmic senses wouldn't allow him to know this and yet again act thousands of times faster then the entire group combined.

SS once again uses PC to sense what would overcome them and does so , the end.

The only way Alpha Flight has any chance is if you take out speedblitz, otherwise no way.

King_Mungi
Which could benefit them I'm sure if SS's jobber Cosmic senses wouldn't allow him to know this and yet again act thousands of times faster then the entire group combined.

SS once again uses PC to sense what would overcome them and does so , the end.

The only way Alpha Flight has any chance is if you take out speedblitz, otherwise no way.

Talisman actually has the same thing as the spirits tell her the exact same thing and she can see into the future.

Which is possible as Shaman can create a spell instantly halting anything that flys in a mile radius.

Soleran
Talisman actually has the same thing as the spirits tell her the exact same thing and she can see into the future.

Which is possible as Shaman can create a spell instantly halting anything that flys in a mile radius.

Stipulations
*neither side gets prep

Ok, unless speedblitz is taken out of the equation Alpha Flight is Schmoked. Flying is the LEAST of their concerns, NONE of the folks can react as fast as SS. SS can be on the other side of the planet and still turn everyone in Alpha Flight to stones, his cosmic awareness is a biotch to contend with. In the end he is FAR, FAR to fast and furious for alpha flight!

He's Too Fast and Too Furious I tell you!

King_Mungi
Stipulations
*neither side gets prep

Ok, unless speedblitz is taken out of the equation Alpha Flight is Schmoked. Flying is the LEAST of their concerns, NONE of the folks can react as fast as SS. SS can be on the other side of the planet and still turn everyone in Alpha Flight to stones, his cosmic awareness is a biotch to contend with. In the end he is FAR, FAR to fast and furious for alpha flight!

Only one can react fast enough with him is Talisman, the rest are fodder. Really only Galactus-buster Guardian, Shaman and Witchfire will be the only ones fighting. Or maybe the two skyfather beings Tanaraq and Snowbird transformed into Tanaraq, but we don't know what they are capable of. Basically the others could give Talisman the time to step in and do something. They have a weird connection, such as Silver Surfer and Talisman during Silver Sufer annual #2 communicated and SS sent out a personally of an upcoming crisis to Talisman. Their not strangers

Well Talisman could travel to the aestral plane and summon the spirit of death to take Silver Surfer's soul.

Big Sexy
Only one can react fast enough with him is Talisman, the rest are fodder. Really only Galactus-buster Guardian, Shaman and Witchfire will be the only ones fighting. Or maybe the two skyfather beings Tanaraq and Snowbird transformed into Tanaraq, but we don't know what they are capable of. Basically the others could give Talisman the time to step in and do something. They have a weird connection, such as Silver Surfer and Talisman during Silver Sufer annual #2 communicated and SS sent out a personally of an upcoming crisis to Talisman. Their not strangers

Well Talisman could travel to the aestral plane and summon the spirit of death to take Silver Surfer's soul. Trust me you have no idea how many beings have tried to take the surfers soul and failed.

TheKahn
Stipulations
*neither side gets prep

But there is a question about the Surfer actually showing that he can accomplish high level matter manipulation on his opponents during a fight...shifty Now whether or not Alpha Flight's members have enough speed/reflexes to occupy the Surfer until their more powerful members can come into play.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Trust me you have no idea how many beings have tried to take the surfers soul and failed.

I don't mean literally take it, just kill him ie. grim reaper as she commands all spirits.

Soleran
How, SS would immediatly know that Talisman and Shaman are his greatest threats due to his cosmic awareness.

Therefore the likelyhood of him even blinking in the direction of anyone other then those 2 would be an enormous feat in retardation, SS even better yet just evaporates them all as fast as the speed of lightsmile

Only Aurora and Northstar have speed to even remotely see what would happen, the others are just human essentially for speed. SS wins based on the stipulations of the thread starter. 9/10

Um turning AF into steam isn't even remotely a high lvl manipulation, not even close.

King_Mungi
How, SS would immediatly know that Talisman and Shaman are his greatest threats due to his cosmic awareness.

Therefore the likelyhood of him even blinking in the direction of anyone other then those 2 would be an enormous feat in retardation, SS even better yet just evaporates them all as fast as the speed of lightsmile

Only Aurora and Northstar have speed to even remotely see what would happen, the others are just human essentially for speed. SS wins based on the stipulations of the thread starter. 9/10

Um turning AF into steam isn't even remotely a high lvl manipulation, not even close.

Remember Talisman has the exact same awareness and is capable of seeing into the future

She would know of the attack and know what he is fully capable of thanks to her visions and spirits and she could make a temporal copy.

Guardian can go faster than mach 32.7, and yeah majority of the team are means of fodder which would be used to give Talisman the opportunity she needs to do something.

Your also forgetting Shaman, Witchfire and Talisman are also high level manipulators.

Soleran
Remember Talisman has the exact same awareness and is capable of seeing into the future

She would know of the attack and know what he is fully capable of thanks to her visions and spirits and she could make a temporal copy.

Guardian can go faster than mach 32.7, and yeah majority of the team are means of fodder which would be used to give Talisman the opportunity she needs to do something.

Your also forgetting Shaman, Witchfire and Talisman are also high level manipulators.

No Prep King Mungismile Otherwise SS, cosmic awareness does the same for him. So its AF vs SS with no prep and bloodlusted, your team gets the curbstomp due to the fact SS can handle speeds and act at speeds far greater then anyone on the AF team save Aurora and Northstar.

golem370
He would burn the team with Cosmic energy in seconds they are canon characters they have all these feats but where were they during Age of Apocalypse or during the Onslaught saga where were they when Terminus was facing The Avengers X-Men and Fantastic Four. They are stupid characters Talisman is equal to Dr Strange but he has they monicure Sorceror Supreme. They fought Llan who is so obsure that nobody know the full extanct of his powers same goes for Tanaraq. I heard that Wolverine alone have beat the Alpha Flight including Vindicator,Guardian,Puck,Northstar Aurora and Sasquatch

leonidas
i actually think if both fought as they are usually depicted, it would be pretty close (and kahn has a point -- ss rarely demonstrates any combination of blitz and 'power'). discount ss's blitz and forget the ridiculous high end feats (shaman does NOT usually eliminate flight, or stop battles with a shush!) mungi always uses to promote some of af's cast and it would be a good fight. and i thought talsiman was sort of a . . . conduit, rather than an actual sorceress? regardless, i still don't believe she consistently demonstrates power on the level of strange -- who himself is inconsistently depicted. using only high end feats to support reasons for victory (which is done ALL the time on this forum) almost always gives unrealistic impressions of the charatcers, imo. it basically makes any battle with characters like strange, green lantern, ss, flash or even alpha flight meaningless because they can all wipe out anyone with a thought in only a moment. clearly comics contradict this.

end rant. big grin

King_Mungi
No Prep King Mungismile Otherwise SS, cosmic awareness does the same for him. So its AF vs SS with no prep and bloodlusted, your team gets the curbstomp due to the fact SS can handle speeds and act at speeds far greater then anyone on the AF team save Aurora and Northstar.

So why would cosmic awareness kick in for Silversurfer and Talisman prophetic vision and spiritis instantly feeding her information not be ?

Actually Guardian has measure against speedsters creating an invisible electromagnetic wall he used on Northstar. They are

Originally posted by golem370
He would burn the team with Cosmic energy in seconds they are canon characters they have all these feats but where were they during Age of Apocalypse or during the Onslaught saga where were they when Terminus was facing The Avengers X-Men and Fantastic Four. They are stupid characters Talisman is equal to Dr Strange but he has they monicure Sorceror Supreme. They fought Llan who is so obsure that nobody know the full extanct of his powers same goes for Tanaraq. I heard that Wolverine alone have beat the Alpha Flight including Vindicator,Guardian,Puck,Northstar Aurora and Sasquatch

Doubtful as they do have skyfathers, and Galactus-buster Guardian plus three uber magicians. The rest are fodder. Who cares where they were, look at their powerset have they always been shown doing what they can do? no. Popular teams get the spotlight in those crisis, does that mean their weak since they wern't in it? Not at all. You consider them stupid as you know nothing of them and are upset obsure characters can hang with the big dogs. And?...look at Llan and the Great Beasts, Dreamqueen, Carcass and various other feats and you would realise they are major threats. Did you know SHaman saved the multiverse? probally not. You heard wrong, he never did

i actually think if both fought as they are usually depicted, it would be pretty close (and kahn has a point -- ss rarely demonstrates any combination of blitz and 'power'). discount ss's blitz and forget the ridiculous high end feats (shaman does NOT usually eliminate flight, or stop battles with a shush!) mungi always uses to promote some of af's cast and it would be a good fight. and i thought talsiman was sort of a . . . conduit, rather than an actual sorceress? regardless, i still don't believe she consistently demonstrates power on the level of strange -- who himself is inconsistently depicted. using only high end feats to support reasons for victory (which is done ALL the time on this forum) almost always gives unrealistic impressions of the charatcers, imo. it basically makes any battle with characters like strange, green lantern, ss, flash or even alpha flight meaningless because they can all wipe out anyone with a thought in only a moment. clearly comics contradict this.

end rant. big grin

He has manipulated time before the shush feats, and yeah she isn't a soressor actually the native american messiah the avatar for the gods to fight the evil. Well considering she controlled the Great Beasts just because they were from the spirit world and they themselves are Gods puts her at a high level. She even teleported an entire city full of over 100,000 people into an empty dimension and absorbed trillions of spells and artificats into her being from Shaman's bag. You hit the nail on the head with your last point.

leonidas
so would she actually attack ss in a traditional way?

King_Mungi
so would she actually attack ss in a traditional way?

Talisman? It all depends on what she sees and what her spirits tell her.

leonidas
well, that's not very helpful . . . sad

Rols
There's just to many mystics in the AF, the faster he could take em out the more chances of him winning the fight. I dont see anybody in the lineup that could protect the mystic against the 1st initial assault from SS.

Soleran
Originally posted by Rols
There's just to many mystics in the AF, the faster he could take em out the more chances of him winning the fight. I dont see anybody in the lineup that could protect the mystic against the 1st initial assault from SS. thumb up , thats my point as well.

Rewmac
Alpha Flight goes down pretty bad. That's it end of story. No question about this one.

King_Mungi
There's just to many mystics in the AF, the faster he could take em out the more chances of him winning the fight. I dont see anybody in the lineup that could protect the mystic against the 1st initial assault from SS.

Actually many of the AF characters have very powerful defences including the mystics

Originally posted by Rewmac
Alpha Flight goes down pretty bad. That's it end of story. No question about this one.

I don't think so, not with Talisman.

Rols
What kind of defenses would they have against a combination of blast, speed, and 100 class physical blows bare in mind this attack would be quite fast.

TheKahn
Huh...we finally get a decent debate about Alpha Flight and all it took was putting them up against Galactus' most powerful Herald wacko

King_Mungi
What kind of defenses would they have against a combination of blast, speed, and 100 class physical blows bare in mind this attack would be quite fast.

Lots of options, Guardian did beat a weakened Galactus:

Guardian
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Guardian_I

Vindicator
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Vindicator_II

Sasquatch
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Sasquatch_I

Shaman
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman

Talisman
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Talisman

Witchfire
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Witchfire

Aurora
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Aurora

Northstar
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Northstar

Snowbird
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Snowbird

Box
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Box_III

Madison Jeffries
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Box_IV

Marrina
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Marrina

Nemesis
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Nemesis

Radius
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Radius

Windshear
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Windshear

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
Huh...we finally get a decent debate about Alpha Flight and all it took was putting them up against Galactus' most powerful Herald wacko

you could have that kind of problem against most cosmics or gods if all the support that is used is based on highest end feats. mungi is lucky -- few people know alpha flight, hence they also are unaware of their LOW showings. that's how debates tend to operate. someone tells all about a high showing, then someone else shows a low showing and things go back and forth. mungi picked a good team to back because he can spout off about high end feats and no one throws the lower end ones around to contradict them or cast doubt.

but each day this alpha flight thing goes on, brings me one step closer breaking out my own alpha flight collection, just for that reason . . . evil face

only reason i haven't? deep down i've always liked alpha flight and like mungi always saw them as underrated. plus, of course, i'm canadian!! big grin

King_Mungi
Hey I only gotten into them this year, and in the respect thread I have posted over 70+ whole issues of Alpha Flight and then random scans of feats smile

Warmonger
you could have that kind of problem against most cosmics or gods if all the support that is used is based on highest end feats. mungi is lucky -- few people know alpha flight, hence they also are unaware of their LOW showings. that's how debates tend to operate. someone tells all about a high showing, then someone else shows a low showing and things go back and forth. mungi picked a good team to back because he can spout off about high end feats and no one throws the lower end ones around to contradict them or cast doubt.

but each day this alpha flight thing goes on, brings me one step closer breaking out my own alpha flight collection, just for that reason . . . evil face

shifty

leonidas
whole issues?? blink

damn, are you posting from jail . . .? confused

King_Mungi
whole issues?? blink

damn, are you posting from jail . . .? confused

Go check, everything I have ever said about Alpha Flight is legit. I have even posted low showings as well.

Rewmac

I don't think so, not with Talisman.
Actually I think so. You are so blinded in Aplha Flight. They are going down.

Rols
.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=/79d8scd&.dnm=f0cescd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=/79d8scd&.dnm=c78bscd.jpg&.src=ph

I dont see them surving the first initial assault it would be like the image above, this guys does not have the durability to take this kind of punishment. Bare in mind i dont realy follow AF series, and from some of the Cha. i read specially Witchfire, Talisman given a chance to do there thing they could pose quite a bit of a problem to SS.

King_Mungi
Actually I think so. You are so blinded in Aplha Flight. They are going down.

Actually your distest for Alpha Flight is blinding you

.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=/79d8scd&.dnm=f0cescd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=/79d8scd&.dnm=c78bscd.jpg&.src=ph

I dont see them surving the first initial assault it would be like the image above, this guys does not have the durability to take this kind of punishment. Bare in mind i dont realy follow AF series, and from some of the Cha. i read specially Witchfire, Talisman given a chance to do there thing they could pose quite a bit of a problem to SS.

Tanaraq is a Elder God of the night ie Sasquatch who took Zarathos, Gulan Gath and Morbius one after each other meaning The first pic doesn't mean much. Guardian's shields have taken atmoic blasts as well as Shaman. The second pic is good but Sufer can;t fully cut loose on Earth.

Skeets

Tanaraq is a Elder God of the night ie Sasquatch who took Zarathos, Gulan Gath and Morbius one after each other meaning The first pic doesn't mean much. Guardian's shields have taken atmoic blasts as well as Shaman. The second pic is good but Sufer can;t fully cut loose on Earth.
How can Surfer not fully cut loose on earth? he can still reach light speed which is more then enough to speed blitz them all.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Skeets
How can Surfer not fully cut loose on earth? he can still reach light speed which is more then enough to speed blitz them all.

How? if he went light speed he would destroy part of the world

Guardian can reach light speed on Earth, but he creates a wormhole.

Big Sexy
How? if he went light speed he would destroy part of the world?

Guardian can reach light speed on Earth, but he creates a wormhole. For some odd reason he went lightspeed on earth without destroying it. Weird.

King_Mungi
For some odd reason he went lightspeed on earth without destroying it. Weird.

Did it state he has some sort of protection? that was the Namor search right?

Skeets
How? if he went light speed he would destroy part of the world?

Guardian can reach light speed on Earth, but he creates a wormhole.
Apparently the Board doesn't cause sonic booms and that's nothing the Power cosmic couldn't handle.Surfer's Time traveled a few times while on earth.

King_Mungi
Apparently the Board doesn't cause sonic booms and I that's nothing the Power cosmic couldn't handle.Surfer's Time traveled a few times while on earth.

So have Alpha Flight members, but if he can go lightspeed on Earth and not destroy it doing so then he wins. As most of the team are fodder and really there would be just like 4 or so fighting. Who knows what the skyfather characters true powers are

Big Sexy
Did it state he has some sort of protection? that was the Namor search right? It was in a comic. I forgot who he was battleing but they were time travelling while flying around the earth at lightspeed levels.

Skeets
So have Alpha Flight members, but if he can go lightspeed on Earth and not destroy it doing so then he wins. As most of the team are fodder and really there would be just like 4 or so fighting. Who knows what the skyfather characters true powers are
No he's time traveled via going lightspeed.

King_Mungi
It was in a comic. I forgot who he was battleing but they were time travelling while flying around the earth at lightspeed levels.

I know Photon use to travel at light speed, but she transformed into light to do it so no sonic bomb. Yeah that's interesting.

King_Mungi
No he's time traveled via going lightspeed.

I know, so did Guardian. That's why he is like 10,000 years old now.

Skeets
I know, so did Guardian. That's why he is like 10,000 years old now.
How did he/she achive that kind of speed ?

King_Mungi
How did he/she achive that kind of speed ?

It was Mac, he activated the suit's fail-safe system and ignited the suit's ultimate expression of its electromagnetic gravitational capabilities. Mac was teleported at faster-than-light-speeds and was thrust into the space-time continuum. He came to rest on Ganymede, the largest of the Jupiter's moons. It not only teleported him millions of miles away, but thousands of years into the past.

(need scans? as apparently my credibility is in question on the board)

Skeets
It was Mac, he activated the suit's fail-safe system and ignited the suit's ultimate expression of its electromagnetic gravitational capabilities. Mac was teleported at faster-than-light-speeds and was thrust into the space-time continuum. He came to rest on Ganymede, the largest of the Jupiter's moons. It not only teleported him millions of miles away, but thousands of years into the past.

(need scans? as apparently my credibility is in question on the board)
No need for scans and who's actually questioning your crdebility?

King_Mungi
No need for scans and who's actually questioning your crdebility?

Rewmac and Juggernaut6666

Skeets
Rewmac and Juggernaut6666
BAH!!!!!!!!

King_Mungi
BAH!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I pride myself on being an AF expert with no BS involved.

Skeets
Before you there was no mention of Alpha flight on these boards.
Now is that a good or bad thing.....ermm

King_Mungi
Before you there was no mention of Alpha flight on these boards.
Now is that a good or bad thing.....ermm

Apparently a bad thing as several are getting tired of them

long pig
AF could win if only they had something like auto-shields or any hint of something to protect them from a blitz.
I don't know if they do or not.

Surfer has gone FTL speeds countless times on earth and other planets, his cosmic powers take care of any logical repercussions. When he searched the entire earth, every building and hole...everything in two seconds, it was something like 100x lightspeed if not more.

He's ridiculously fast.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig
AF could win if only they had something like auto-shields or any hint of something to protect them from a blitz.
I don't know if they do or not.

Surfer has gone FTL speeds countless times on earth and other planets, his cosmic powers take care of any logical repercussions. When he searched the entire earth, every building and hole...everything in two seconds, it was something like 100x lightspeed if not more.

He's ridiculously fast.

They do, but not light speed fast.

Now I remember that, but I didn't get how he did it without causing massive destruction.

and where the hell have you been?

Rols
I had no idea Sasquatch took on someone at Zarathos level, do you recal what issue is that? Bare in mind SS is at his weakest point ever in the first pic and we really dont know what this new SS is capable off but he is supposedly more powerfull than he was before.

King_Mungi
I had no idea Sasquatch took on someone at Zarathos level, do you recal what issue is that? Bare in mind SS is at his weakest point ever in the first pic and we really dont know what this new SS is capable off but he is supposedly more powerfull than he was before.

Sasquatch and Tanaraq are different. Sas is on Hulk's level, Tanaraq is skyfather and is actually older than the Earth. Exiles #57 was the issue

Tanaraq
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Tanaraq

long pig
They do, but not light speed fast.

Now I remember that, but I didn't get how he did it without causing massive destruction.

and where the hell have you been?
The magicians should have something like that seeing they are basically human and such. Most other high-level magic users have it.

I can only guess why he doesn't tear everything up when he goes FTL on earth and my guess is this: Surfer controls any and all energies, he can absorb them and disperse them as he chooses. He could simply absorb all the frictional energy/heat around him while he flies allowing him to go even faster while saving the earth from being damaged by his speed. Eh?

I've been chasing oompa loompas all week. They're fast little boogers...but very tasty.

Sixth_Winged
I pity the flight, if it's the current up-graded, re-willed silver surfer.

He will feel remorse after he walk through their dead rotting corpse.

long pig
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I pity the flight, if it's the current up-graded, re-willed silver surfer.

He will feel remorse after he walk through their dead rotting corpse.
Pretty much. It's the combo of UBER durability, UBER strength, UUUUUBBBERRR out-put of power, Uber time control, Uber skill, UBER energy control and MOTHER****ING UBER speed.

It's hard to beat him.

leonidas

2 points:

why are you assuming tanaraq would be summoned? isn't it only if sas loses control, or can he will tanaraq into existence?

if ss is allowed to blitz it's unlikely he'd even have TIME to show up.

also, who is the highest level being you've seen tanaraq go against?

Rewmac
King Mungi please, Alpha Flight got owned by The Collective in a couple of secs

King_Mungi
2 points:

why are you assuming tanaraq would be summoned? isn't it only if sas loses control, or can he will tanaraq into existence?

if ss is allowed to blitz it's unlikely he'd even have TIME to show up.

also, who is the highest level being you've seen tanaraq go against?

Will, basically he can Hulk himself out by either rage, pain or will. The more he transforms into Sasquatch the more Tanaraq slowly takes control

Nope, I was going with the fact SS couldn't go lightspeed on Earth.

Gods of the Arctic, than Zarathos, Kulan Gath and beat them with ease. Except the Gods of the Arctic as it was a melee and we never saw the battle between them and the Great Beasts. He is several billion years old.

King Mungi please, Alpha Flight got owned by The Collective in a couple of secs

Read my last post I said they lose via speed blitz, I was under the impression SS couldn't go lightspeed on Earth then I remember the issue during the search for Namor. Mac can travel lightspeed on Earth, but SS reflexes would be vastly faster

Once again that wasn't them, notice Puck II and Major Mapleleaf were on the team.

batdude123
Silver Surfer wins.

Rewmac

Once again that wasn't them, notice Puck II and Major Mapleleaf were on the team. Yeah yeah. How do you know that??? Anyway Vindicator got owned by Northstar in a couple of secs.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/450/theuncannyxmen422305je.th.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5078/theuncannyxmen422432lg.th.jpg

If I follow your info and your statements Northstar shouldn't be able to even touch him. Even if he knows how that suit works.

King_Mungi
because I have actually read Vol.3, and Northstar tried before in vol.1 and failed. Also "cover your exposed face..wall"?, ummm...he has a shield remember yet apparently he doesn't here. If that's not PIS nothing is.

Rewmac
So everytime Alpha Flight or an Alpha Flight member gets beaten is PIS or low showing? Alpha Flight is invicible big grin

Rewmac
Guardian got owned by the guys with glasses playing Counter-Strike all day with a laser gun in X-Men Unlimited #45

Rewmac
Alpha Flight vol. issue 1 - Guardian owned by Wolverine

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9040/alphaflightv2001039gk.th.jpg

leonidas

but, ultimately, 16 or 17 issues later, that didn't work out too well for wolverine . . . no

edit -- oh, that was RECENT?? blink

my bad, rewmac . . . embarrasment

Rewmac
They are so tough that they are training against Wolverine robots. Each Alpha member can take one...Cool...

Rewmac
bump

long pig
Man, Surfer is way too powerful. Why the hell did he get an upgrade?

King_Mungi
So everytime Alpha Flight or an Alpha Flight member gets beaten is PIS or low showing? Alpha Flight is invicible big grin

No, just that as Guardian apparently didn't even have a shield and he had plans to take Northstar and Aurora down in AF VOL.1 with invisible eletromagnetic walls.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9040/alphaflightv2001039gk.th.jpg

That didn't happen it was a false memory created by Department H, as when Wolverine lead the First Flight he was cured ie. not insane and Guardian wasn't Weapon Alpha and didn't have a sophisticated battle suit yet. Oh hell here, Department H messed with their heads and do I really need to show the scans of Wolverine vs. Guardian?

First Flight (the team Wolverine lead after he was cured):
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Flight

This was the most sophiticated Guardian's suit was at the time, and UXM #109 was Wolverine first meeting with the Weapon Alpha armor
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Groundhog

Yep it pays to actually know what your talking about. Also it wasn't vol.1, it was AF #1, Vol.2.

edit: maybe you should even post the entire scans not just one.

They are so tough that they are training against Wolverine robots. Each Alpha member can take one...Cool...

You do realise at the time Alpha Flight had 5 new members on the team, most which were teenagers

Rewmac
You do realize that X-Men teenagers do much better??

King_Mungi
You do realize that X-Men teenagers do much better??

So?...what does that have to do with anything? They wern't living up to Alpha Flight's requirements so they were demoted to Beta Flight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.