Odin vs A Watcher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
In Asgard.

I'm trying to get a gauge on the power level of the Watchers. At the moment I have them just below the Celestials. What kind of a force would they be if they dropped their policy of 'non-interference'?

Darth_Erebus
There have been very few showings if how powerful The Watchers are but from the few things we have seen it suggests they are above the Skyfathers and this would include Odin.

batdude123
Uatu>>>Odin

who?-kid
I'm not so sure. I think they are pretty even. IF a Watcher is above Odin, it won't be much.

golem370
Watchers are in the same class as Galactus,Celestials and Ego Odin ain't nothing compared to them.

who?-kid
Originally posted by golem370
Watchers are in the same class as Galactus,Celestials and Ego Odin ain't nothing compared to them.
No they aren't. They are definitely below Galactus and Celestials.

batdude123
Originally posted by who?-kid
No they aren't. They are definitely below Galactus and Celestials.

They aren't below the Celestials by much. Anyway, he didn't say the were equal in power, he said they were in the same class.

golem370
Yeah like Ego,Watchers,Celestials,Galactus & Exitar

who?-kid
Originally posted by batdude123
They aren't below the Celestials by much. Anyway, he didn't say the were equal in power, he said they were in the same class.
Which is like saying they are about equal in power. Which they aren't.

batdude123
Which is like saying they are about equal in power. Which they aren't.

Saying they are in the same class does not mean that they are equal in power. Take Tim Drake and Wolverine. Both are in the street-level class, however Tim would lose to Wolverine. The Watchers are below the Celestials, but barely. However, they are in the same class and that class is above the skyfathers. wink

golem370
Well see the Most Powerful Watcher was killed by Exitar and the most powerful watcher is up there with Galactus

Darth_Erebus
the most powerful watcher is up there with Galactus

Now THAT has never been shown to be true.

batdude123
Well see the Most Powerful Watcher was killed by Exitar and the most powerful watcher is up there with Galactus

Which isn't anything to frown upon either because all the skyfathers put together couldn't take down Exitar.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Now THAT has never been shown to be true.

I think he means up there in the same class, but not as powerful.

who?-kid
1. The "most powerful Watchter" is not just "a" Watcher. We were debating Watchers, not the most powerful one.

2. A normal Galactus - whatever that may be - is not as strong as an average Celestial. Galactus has a good amount of bad showings (oh no, but he was weak back then, he only was at 23 % of his true power...blah blah blah). Celestials don't waste their time with bad showings.

batdude123
1. The "most powerful Watchter" is not just "a" Watcher. We were debating Watchers, not the most powerful one.

2. A normal Galactus - whatever that may be - is not as strong as an average Celestial. Galactus has a good amount of bad showings (oh no, but he was weak back then, he only was at 23 % of his true power...blah blah blah). Celestials don't waste their time with bad showings.

Yep, ALL the skyfathers put together couldn't take down Exitar.

MJOILNIR
Celestials don't waste their time with bad showings.
Very true, I like that.

leonidas
likely more powerful, but i'd say not that far above. odin has spoken with a watcher in the past and certainly wasn't at all intimidated by him and the watcher was very respectful -- as they usually are, admittedly. still, by their interaction, i didn't have the impression that they were far above him. and don't forget -- a rogue watcher seemed unable to put quasar down!! not a good showing for someone who is supposed to be a high level cosmic. in any event, they are certainly below galactus and well below celestials. from inbook evidence, i've never understood why everyone places galactus in league with or above celestials. potentially he could be, but thor with god force drove off galactus. odin and a host of other skyfathers -- together! -- couldn't make arishem flinch. and when they were done he was prepared to block their access to each of their own realms or possibly destroy those realms.

Mider
the watchers have diffrent power levels im guessing then but in earth x or whatever its called which should be counted because LT was there, anyway the watchers warred with the celestials they where losing but none the less they fought, the skyfathers of earth couldnt beat one host let alone take on the entire race, galactus has already been stated to be above the celestials at full power, and ego prime which is equal to or below galactus killed many celestials.

leonidas
but full power is hypothetical. i don't know if g has ever been shown to have reached an in-book level that would be a match for what the celestials have done.

lt has been in many what ifs, but those aren't continuity or canon either. why should earth x be different?

based on what i've seen of the characters, i'd say uatu>odin, but not by much. don't forget too -- odin's power has 'shaken the multiverse'. all these guys have uber high showings to go along with lower ones as well. is it less impressive that odin couldn't put down thanos, or a watcher couldn't put down quasar . . .? and unlike earth x -- those ARE continuity.

Mider
watcher and eternity say he can do that stuff at full power i tend to believe them, and he was shown in FF to be at full power when he at the cosmics.

MJOILNIR
I know a lot of people dont put stock in the stats given by the Marvel RPG but Odin was in the seperate section with the watchers and the other cosmic level beings. He had a couple of stats at CL3000 level one of which was his Pysche(The other was endurance I believe) which gave him magic at that level. The watchers highest stat was actually CL1000(All Uatu's stats were taht level though). The celestials and up had CL5000 stats. Eternity stats all said Infinate. I honestly allways thought these stats were fairly reliable, they were all edited by marvel people anyway.

nimrod009
Thanks for the input everyone smile

I'd been finding it difficult to tell just how powerful they are since they very rarely get their hands dirty, but I guess my first hunch was correct

Celestials > Watchers > Odin

UniOmni
Odin should lose, imo, but he should make a good accounting for himself.
And leo let me say this. Galactus as seen on or attacking Earth, is weak. Desperately hungry. And thats the only reason why he was driven off.

Look at it like this. Earth = Wolverine(the actual animal people), Hungry Galactus = Grizzly Bear.
The bear, who is the HUNGRY Galactus, can kill the Wolverine with a hit or two. But the Wolverine is so ferocious in its defense, that the bear goes away to find another meal. He can kill the Wolverine with little effort. But that effort, is much to costly in his eyes.
And i'd say Galactus as seen in Stormbreaker or in his battle with Tyrant, was in the celestial range of power. Average Celestial that is. To pass Exitar and Arishem, he'd have to be 75% and up.

Xplosive

They are bellow Celestials, but beyond Skyfathers.
They fought Celestials, were loosing, but Skyfathers together couldn't defeat one Celestial.
I always put Full Powered Galactus to be beyond Celestial, that his final power limits is greater than Celestial one.
I wonder how would Celestial versus Full Powered Tyrant go.
I think Galactus against Full powered Tyrant is the greatest scope of power that Galactus has shown (galaxies being wrecked).

Even Thanos said that Universe have never seen such a conflict, and maybe that was the greatest fight in scope of power, considering one on one.

rougeredmage
in mutant x the watcher was able to easily Knock out the mutant X vertion of gladiattor

leonidas
Originally posted by UniOmni
And leo let me say this. Galactus as seen on or attacking Earth, is weak. Desperately hungry. And thats the only reason why he was driven off.

Look at it like this. Earth = Wolverine(the actual animal people), Hungry Galactus = Grizzly Bear.
The bear, who is the HUNGRY Galactus, can kill the Wolverine with a hit or two. But the Wolverine is so ferocious in its defense, that the bear goes away to find another meal. He can kill the Wolverine with little effort. But that effort, is much to costly in his eyes.
And i'd say Galactus as seen in Stormbreaker or in his battle with Tyrant, was in the celestial range of power. Average Celestial that is. To pass Exitar and Arishem, he'd have to be 75% and up.

but that's the point -- galactus is ALWAYS weak. what did he do in stormbreaker that was so impressive? bill damaged his helmet. and beating down bill isn't much of a feat for a high level cosmic. in this forum you always hear about his potential. doens't make a difference if he's never reached it. the only time g showed himself capable of being beyond celestial level was when he absorbed the dreaming celestial, but he was not really himself so that was a weird showing.

galactus is perpetually hungry. that implies that anytime he came up against the celestials he would still not be 100% (whatever that is . . .) if that's the case, the celestials would likely be able to defeat him.

as far as galactus' battle with tyrant -- surtur, skyfather level -- also destroyed a galaxy, and there have been many battles that were greater in scope then that one. thanos has been in at least 2 of them himself.

Mider
he should have better feats meh, not even defeating thanos is that great a feat, i guess when he absorbed his spaceship which was solar system or galaxy sized dont remeber that was also a good feet, with galactus powers doom could manipulate reality, what else can i say in the FF comics galactus ate the entire celestial homeworld and did the same to the skrull homeworld he has very few good showings which are pretty pathetic but they have to find a way for him to job or else he'd just beat almost everyone and anyone.

aliveinboston

Hilarious but ultimately pathetic attempt to put Galactus in the same class as the Celestials. I like how you snuck in celestials between Galactus and Ego. You are, of course, horribly wrong. A single Celestial would easily destroy both.

Also, there is no such thing as a "full-powered" galactus. Galactus cannot so much as wipe his own ass without a machine helping him. If Galactus, through the use of artificial aids to increase his power, can be considered more powerful than a Celestial, then Thanos is also more powerful than a Celestial.

B dot Rob
Watchers on the same level as Galan? The same Watchers that got ***** Slapped like it was nothing by Quasar?

batdude123
Anyway, bottom line is: Uatu>>Odin.

who?-kid
Anyway, bottom line is: Uatu>>Odin.
Not so sure. I haven't seen anything that made me think a Watcher is really above Odin.

If there's a difference, it won't be much.

MJOILNIR
Like I said not everyone will put stock in it but Marvels stats put Odins magic above Uatus cosmic manipulation.

UniOmni
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Hilarious but ultimately pathetic attempt to put Galactus in the same class as the Celestials. I like how you snuck in celestials between Galactus and Ego. You are, of course, horribly wrong. A single Celestial would easily destroy both.

Also, there is no such thing as a "full-powered" galactus. Galactus cannot so much as wipe his own ass without a machine helping him. If Galactus, through the use of artificial aids to increase his power, can be considered more powerful than a Celestial, then Thanos is also more powerful than a Celestial.

I don't know how you can say that there is no full power Galactus, when its been said he can destroy the universe ten times over by the Watcher. Do you not read the comics?? Or have you still not realized that things have changed since the early days of Marvel?? Even if you don't like it, accept it.

Space M ummy
I don't know how you can say that there is no full power Galactus, when its been said he can destroy the universe ten times over by the Watcher. Do you not read the comics?? Or have you still not realized that things have changed since the early days of Marvel?? Even if you don't like it, accept it.

It's also worth pointing out that Galactus HAS killed/absorbed a celestial who attempted to use him as a weapon. (The renegade/dreaming celestial) IF celestials truly are stronger than a normal/fully powered galactus, this wouldn't have happened.

Also, as I'm fond of pointing out lately, the ultimate nullifier is an aspect of galactus. That thing is powerful enough to destroy and recreate not only all of 616 but several parallel worlds as well. Celestials are nowhere NEAR this strong.

bigbran
Originally posted by Xplosive
They are bellow Celestials, but beyond Skyfathers.
They fought Celestials, were loosing, but Skyfathers together couldn't defeat one Celestial.
I always put Full Powered Galactus to be beyond Celestial, that his final power limits is greater than Celestial one.
I wonder how would Celestial versus Full Powered Tyrant go.
I think Galactus against Full powered Tyrant is the greatest scope of power that Galactus has shown (galaxies being wrecked).

Even Thanos said that Universe have never seen such a conflict, and maybe that was the greatest fight in scope of power, considering one on one.
i made athread like that a while back, but not many responded, if you want i can bring it up.

Crease

Good post, great analogy. I might have to pull Stormbreaker out of the box though, cuz I don't remember Galactus doing anything terribly impressive.

Crease
Originally posted by Mider
he should have better feats meh, not even defeating thanos is that great a feat, i guess when he absorbed his spaceship which was solar system or galaxy sized dont remeber that was also a good feet, with galactus powers doom could manipulate reality, what else can i say in the FF comics galactus ate the entire celestial homeworld and did the same to the skrull homeworld he has very few good showings which are pretty pathetic but they have to find a way for him to job or else he'd just beat almost everyone and anyone.

lol...Defeating Thanos is no great feat? Not counting BS non-canon crossovers, I think the short list goes Galactus, Tarene the Designate, Adam Warlock, and depending on who you ask, Odin.

bigbran
he hates thanos, and whose this tarene guy?

Crease
"She" is a Thor character. There are plenty of guys here who know more of the Thor stuff than me, but she's HELLA powerful. I believe she created Desaad, the God-Slayer, and if you know how powerful he is...

I think she was kidnapped by Thanos to use in combination with the Chalice of Ruins in another attempt at universal oblivion. It might be the one Thanos story I haven't read so somebody else will have to completely fill you in.

bigbran
thanks.

Crease
No prob.

Mider
i dont hate thanos i hate your opinion of him smile

guy222
uatu met odin

seaapple

thumb up

The Watcher wins.

Priest
I blast that 3 destroyed 3 star systems killed a watcher thanks to Galactus.
Odin can easily replicate that.

boriquaking55
Watchers seem to be really inconsistent as to where their power level should be.

I've always thought they were slightly weaker than Celestials, but in the same range of power. But we'll never know for sure, since they don't rely on their power much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.