ghost rider vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
who wins no tech no prep just straigh fight

Sea King
id say gr but if i did id get B****ed at by all those thanos fans

Sixth_Winged
GR can certainly win, but it's not due to any overwhelming power advantage. He should be classified to those low mid-tiers whose power case can take down on the big guns. Penance stare would certainly work, Thanos is probably the biggest murderer in MU and has slaughtered whole planets before to please his nihilistic fetish. Anyway, dunno how much it'd work on him considering he is also pretty much beyond some abstracts influence. He might resist it or not, but Penance Stare alone won't necessarily give GR the majority. Thanos might punch him to space, teleport him, block his stare, etc.

Rols
Agreed to the above post, it would probably better if he was against Zarathos.

thanospimphand
thanos would crush him like i would u mider 11/10 end thread

Sea King
Originally posted by thanospimphand
thanos would crush him like i would u mider 11/10 end thread

y would u want this tread ended because thanos is in it and u like thanos so u could sit haer and argu for him

Grimm22
Ghost Rider's only chance here is Penatence Stare big grin

If he can get that in then Thanos is toast wink

Mider
thanospimphand you should be called thanos used ********* ew you probably spend time up there anyway lol

General Kon-El
Thanos's mind powers and abilities are way above GR's Penance Stare.

bigbran
and gr fights people like wolvs.

Mider
if anyone can prove that Thanos is above the PS please be my guest and prove it if not please leave the opinions in the door

Tassadar
Hes not, it worked on Galactus, it will work on the mad titan, if he gets the chance to use, which he probably wont, Thanos 9/10

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Tassadar
Hes not, it worked on Galactus, it will work on the mad titan, if he gets the chance to use, which he probably wont, Thanos 9/10

Where do you people get this "it worked on galactus" feat?

It hasn't happened in 616 yet

Mider
why dont you prove that it cant work on him

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mider
why dont you prove that it cant work on him

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Where do you people get this "it worked on galactus" feat?

It hasn't happened in 616 yet
I think it worked in a cartoon once but I dont know about a comic either.

Big Sexy
The only thing I can think of was when thanos resisted Both love and hate during the IG saga but I cant really use that because he had the glove. The only problem I have with the penance stare is:
Does Thanos even have remorse for have the Sh#t hes done?

Mider
i dont think it has anything to do with remorse he just feels the pain he caused all at once.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
I think it worked in a cartoon once but I dont know about a comic either.

yep, i mentioned it on the other thread crow vs. thanos laughing

Somehow people attribute that feat to 616 which really isn't supposed to be the case.

Rols
Where did you get the facts that PS would work on big G, hes above human emotional perseption, he does what he does for cosmic balance.

Mider
dont matter he still feels pain and has caused it and he feels bad for having to kill people he dont like it

Big Sexy
What high level being has the penance stare worked on?

Mider
and why wouldnt it work on a high level being zarathos is on par with mephesto

Big Sexy
Because someone on another thread stated the stare has backfired a couple of times.

Mider
yeah there are rules to the penance staire

dont work on insane people for one thanos is not insane he knows what he is doing

Sixth_Winged
We really don't know if it'd work on a being like Galactus. Everything is speculation until it does. It has never worked on higher demonic beings who have caused far more pain. We don't even know if Galactus devouring a planet, hurts anyone. AFAIK, they are converted to energy then eaten by G. We don't know what exactly those living beings who get converted to energy feels. If he has caused pain, it would most likely be indirect coming from civilization panic or his heralds doing.

Mider
umm you dont think people who are seeing galactus come to eat them dont cause them mental pain?

Mider
and are you really saying that galactus has never fought armies im sure they tried defending themselves he must of had to kill people out right.

Sixth_Winged
umm you dont think people who are seeing galactus come to eat them dont cause them mental pain?

It's indirectly cause by his presence. But that he didn't lay a finger on them.

Sixth_Winged
and are you really saying that galactus has never fought armies im sure they tried defending themselves he must of had to kill people out right.

no he hasn't. It's mostly his heralds work. He has fought the individuals or probably groups but i don't think i've seen him cause that much pain to anyone to be any relevant to PS.

Mider
your incorrect the sheer fear and terror he puts into anyone counts as pain to the PS, and he has had to fight armies im sure i dont think even the heralds can fight entire armies and keep the armies away from big G

Sixth_Winged
your incorrect the sheer fear and terror he puts into anyone counts as pain to the PS, and he has had to fight armies im sure i dont think even the heralds can fight entire armies and keep the armies away from big G

Show an example where it did. I'll wait for scans. AFAIK, everyone he ever did use it against are directly responsible for the pain they caused. I haven't seen him used it against anyone who did so indirectly.

And heralds have fought armies before. heck, they're fighting one right now. Galactus might even fight, but look at what he did in #3. He just waited to finish upgrading Silver Surfer.

Rols
What exactly is PS? is it mental attack, its got to be mental attack. It does not work on someboy insane, and then its suppose to work to someone who serve for cosmic consonance, thats just crap. It would mean it would work on Death, eternity, celestials.

Sixth_Winged
laughing out loud i just realized something.

THANOS IS THE MAD TITAN laughing

Rols
laughing laughing , i forgot about that. GR is toasted cool .

Mider
even if it didnt work on cosmics who had a purpose thanos aint one of them now is he?

Rols
Nope......but he is Mad smile.

Wonder Man
Thanos.
Since his lover is Death. He can commit crimes and pay no penelty. That's the way releationships work.
everywhere. Thats why it is important who your married to in existance. You get all the perks of your positon and his/hers. from there the list goes on and on of course but you get the momentum.
Thanos doesn't use his positon much and prefers gains on his own merits and would prob. still kill ghost rider.
I doubt the spirit of Zanthos could inhabit Thanos at all and if he could i doubt that he would have much of an effect on him or that he could for very long without Thanos finishing him off.
You'd see GH get real shy real quick...like before he decided to engage the stare.

Sixth_Winged
I think both adam warlock and he share this priviledge being the former champions of life and death respectively. they are outside the realms of chaos and order.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
We really don't know if it'd work on a being like Galactus. Everything is speculation until it does. It has never worked on higher demonic beings who have caused far more pain. We don't even know if Galactus devouring a planet, hurts anyone. AFAIK, they are converted to energy then eaten by G. We don't know what exactly those living beings who get converted to energy feels. If he has caused pain, it would most likely be indirect coming from civilization panic or his heralds doing.

Galactus feels guilty about destroying planets, hence he is not above emotion, hence the stare should work on him

Sixth_Winged
Penance stare doesn't feed from remorse. It could care less whether you feel guilty or not.

Even those who are insane aren't above emotions. Some does affect them yet penance stare is useless. And unlike any other person who is are still bound by it, Galactus is a universal force and destined to give back whatever he took infinitely more.

Tassadar
The stare would also work on Thanos under the same logic, as he now feels guilty about his career of mass slaughter
Note that I am not trying to say Ghost Rider wins, Thanos crushes him easily, Im just trying to prove that the penance stare would work on him

Sixth_Winged
Well i don't think anyone would disagree with that. Thanos isn't omnipotent after all and his kills must be exceeding in the millions directly involving pain and anguish. I'm just not sold on the stare to work on G, that's all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.