Demonic Possession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Regret
OK, Bible says Christ cast out Devils and such.

My question is was he really casting out devils or curing the crazies? It is entirely possible that without the DSM-IVtr people were unable to accurately diagnose what was occurring. Perhaps the terminology was just different, and if our current terminology were used by the people of Biblical time it would have said and the guy with dissociative identity disorder, who had within him the mental illness of a bunch of personalities, was cured as Christ cast out the multiple fragments. Or the paranoid schizophrenic was relieved of the chemical imbalances (or whatever it is that they someday find out causes it) that had afflicted him, and the voices were cast out .

wink Possession is so fun

Alliance
IMO he's securing his control by greating a fascist dictatorial society.

Storm
People who were thought to be possessed by demons and other evil spirits are considered to be suffering from such brain disorders as Tourette Syndrome, schizophrenia, epilepsy or any number of psychiatric problems. At best, they are people with overactive imaginations under the negative influence of the occult and related media.

debbiejo
Yes, and also many believed they were because they were told they were....

grey fox
Originally posted by Regret

My question is was he really casting out devils or curing the crazies? It is entirely possible that without the DSM-IVtr people were unable to accurately diagnose what was occurring. Perhaps the terminology was just different, and if our current terminology were used by the people of Biblical time it would have said and the guy with dissociative identity disorder, who had within him the mental illness of a bunch of personalities, was cured as Christ cast out the multiple fragments. Or the paranoid schizophrenic was relieved of the chemical imbalances (or whatever it is that they someday find out causes it) that had afflicted him, and the voices were cast out .

Are you referring to when Jesus cleansed the guy who was possessed by legion ?

Regret
Originally posted by grey fox
Are you referring to when Jesus cleansed the guy who was possessed by legion ?

Yes, that is one of them. This thread is referring to all references of this type.

Regret
Originally posted by Storm
People who were thought to be possessed by demons and other evil spirits are considered to be suffering from such brain disorders as Tourette Syndrome, schizophrenia, epilepsy or any number of psychiatric problems. At best, they are people with overactive imaginations under the negative influence of the occult and related media.

This is my thought. I am curious as to the general Bible believer's thoughts on the subject. Do they believe that these people were literally possessed, or do they believe it likely that these people were mentally ill. Also, general thoughts on the subject might interest me.

Storm
Punker69, for one, believes in demonic possessions.

Regret
According to most beliefs demons are evil spirits. If an evil spirit is a demon, does a person who behaves in an evil manner have an evil spirit? If so, are they possessed by a demon? Or are they a demon? Run for the hills, I'm a demon devil

debbiejo
I think what you think upon, you'll believe and what you believe will become YOUR reality...........though not the true reality, but one you have created since we are all creators of our own destiny.

Alliance
ditto.

peejayd
* well, here it is...

"And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him .
And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones."
Mark 5:1-5

* note the strength of the man possessed by evil spirits called "Legion"...

"For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand; ) and were choked in the sea ."
Mark 5:8-13

* "Legion" left the man and entered into the swine... so, the man was really possessed, and not suffering from an illness they do not understand...

* another thing, if some of you believe that Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God, then Christ knows the distinction of a demonic possession from an illness, right?

* uhm... not unless, we disregard these passages from the Bible because they are all incorrect... stick out tongue

Alliance
there is a difference between incorrect and mythological fiction.

Legion is awesome! I've alwayse loved that name. He does not submit to the "chains of god" if I ma be so bold, which I am going to be anyway wink

JesusIsAlive

Deano
possesed by the extraterrestrial reptillian 4th dimensional entities is commonsmile

Regret
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Here is proof that the man was inhabited (or better yet POSSESSED) by many demons. The demons went OUT of the man and ENTERED into the swine that were feeding nearby. The swine didn't react violently until AFTER the demons entered them. Those who were overseeing the swine as they fed witnessed what had happened. Furthmore, the clencher if you would, they found the man who had been possessed SITTING, CLOTHED, and in HIS RIGHT MIND. All of this AFTER the demons left his body. So, no the man was not suffering from mental illness, he was demon-possessed.

It is possible the the cause of the dissociative identity disorder in the man was too much of some chemical. Because it is against the laws of God to completely destroy matter, and because Christ was making a point he moved the chemicals into the swine which then behaved irregularly. The verses do not change the possibility.

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
The word "demon or demons" occurs some SEVEN times in this passage of the holy Bible and you conclude that the man had a chemical imbalance? You are not in denial are you Regret?

Not as much as you are my friend.

Shakyamunison
...The word "demon or demons" occurs some SEVEN times in this passage of the holy Bible and you conclude that the man had a chemical imbalance? You are not in denial are you Regret?

Anyone who sees demons, must have a chemical imbalance.

Regret
Question my friend Regret?

Was Jesus conversing with chemicals? Let's find out.

The word "demon or demons" occurs some SEVEN times in this passage of the holy Bible and you conclude that the man had a chemical imbalance? You are not in denial are you Regret?

Have you ever heard the phrase "haunted by his own demons"? It is figurative. Use of the term does not necessitate the literal existence of the demons in this passage.

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Or at least serious issues?

Nellinator
I personally believe demons are real. Has anyone here ever witnessed an exorcism? I have and that experience expels any doubt I could ever have. It is probably what finally pushed me from being an atheist to a Christian. As far as I know there is no chemical that can duplicate the characteristics of a person during an exorcism.

Alliance
Wow. A reverse conversion. Any reason why in particular the exorcism was so spectacular? And why were you there in the first place?

ESB -1138
This is my thought. I am curious as to the general Bible believer's thoughts on the subject. Do they believe that these people were literally possessed, or do they believe it likely that these people were mentally ill. Also, general thoughts on the subject might interest me.

Here is the answer you seek:

Luke 5:15-25
But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities. And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed. And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.

And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him. And when way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus. And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blashemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath no power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

John 5:5
Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

It never mentions Jesus casting out demons but only healing.

ESB -1138
It never mentions Jesus casting out demons but only healing.

meant to say "hardly mentions" Jesus casting out demons.

Mark 5:27-34
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Mark 5:2-8
And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried out with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou the Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

Jesus forgave sins and allowed many to walk. He wasn't casting out demons everywhere he went but he did do it as shown in Mark 5:2-8 but as shown in the others he commanded that they walk or that their sins are fogiven and they were healed.

Alliance
Clearly warranted two posts.

debbiejo
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think what you think upon, you'll believe and what you believe will become YOUR reality...........though not the true reality, but one you have created since we are all creators of our own destiny.

Why are there flies in my house like all over???? blink

Deus Venèficus
Damn I should stop playing D&D then sad

I mean they have pictures of teh Demons in The Book of Vile Darkness sourcebook! eek!

Anyways on a serious note... I don't have a clue really. I remember the story of legion from Sunday School, but I never really paid attention to it.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

JesusIsAlive

Templares
We once bought a pet Balrog named Tobie from the Orcs of Moria. On the day that we bought him home though, it rained very hard and since we still havent made his doghouse, he was left shivering outside ofour house. The poor thing died the day after. My dad would never allow us again to have a pet demon(or should i say Maiar) sadangel.

JesusIsAlive
Have you ever heard the phrase "haunted by his own demons"? It is figurative. Use of the term does not necessitate the literal existence of the demons in this passage.

Regret I responded to your post.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
I personally believe demons are real. Has anyone here ever witnessed an exorcism? I have and that experience expels any doubt I could ever have. It is probably what finally pushed me from being an atheist to a Christian. As far as I know there is no chemical that can duplicate the characteristics of a person during an exorcism.

Dissossiative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) and Skitzophrenia both have shares of displays that are simply horrifying.

If you encounter these kind of nightmares, and then encounter an Excorcism, come back to me and tell me which is the worst.....

DigiMark007
Most dioceses within Catholicism have an official Exorcist. I'd love to talk to one about the details of it. Not that I believe any of it, but the idea that they still (at least mildly) support the idea is rather amusing to me.

Storm
It can be eerie and even disturbing, to be sure, but nothing a mentally disturbed or hysterical person cannot manufacture.

Shakyamunison
It can be eerie and even disturbing, to be sure, but nothing a mentally disturbed or hysterical person cannot manufacture.

I agree with you. The mind is a powerful thing, and we see what we want to see.

Deus Venèficus
I agree with you. The mind is a powerful thing, and we see what we want to see.

*insert Morpheus speech here*

Shakyamunison

Deus Venèficus
It is hard to debate that.

It was intended to be a joke... your previous post reminded me of the Matrix. stick out tongue

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive

Lord Urizen
Regret, I responded to your post.

smile

But you hardly respond to the rest of ours....ahh well sad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
But you hardly respond to the rest of ours....ahh well sad

If you don't talk about the bible, he can't respond.

Lord Urizen
If you don't talk about the bible, he can't respond.

True. He has no mind of his own. no Such a Pity...

Shakyamunison
True. He has no mind of his own. no Such a Pity...

Even more of a pity is that he does have a mind, but he refuses to use it, because he was told it was filled with sin.

Lord Urizen
Even more of a pity is that he does have a mind, but he refuses to use it, because he was told it was filled with sin.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Templares
We once bought a pet Balrog named Tobie from the Orcs of Moria. On the day that we bought him home though, it rained very hard and since we still havent made his doghouse, he was left shivering outside ofour house. The poor thing died the day after. My dad would never allow us again to have a pet demon(or should i say Maiar) sadangel.

I always wanted a Balrog for my own to, but my parents said that we didn't have the space for one, and that it might eat the sheep. So then I got Cthulhu instead. He's cool and all, and its nice setting him on missionaries and door to door salesmen, but he sleep way to much.

His former owner said it had to do with the stars not being right, but really!

debbiejo
A pet demon??? laughing out loud

Where do you get those???? At the demon store??

David Tsarion
Alister Crowley claimed to have channeled a spirit when writing the '' Book of the Law''

excerpt:
"We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit; let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings; stamp down the wretched and the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world... Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride, in the day of your wrath...Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not; I hate the consoled and the consoler..."I am unique and conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they damned and dead. Amen...Therefore strike hard and low, and to hell with them, master...Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! This is the law of the Battle of Conquest: thus shall my worship be about my secret house...Worship me with fire and blood; worship me with swords and with spears.
Let the woman be girt with a sword before me: let blood flow in my name. Trample down the heathen; be upon them, O warrior, I will give you their flesh to eat...Sacrifice cattle, little and big; after a child...kill and torture; spare not; be upon them!

sounds like a proper demon if ya ask me big grin

Shakyamunison

gordomuchacho

In many cases of people diagnosed with possesion of soem kind of demon, it is schitzophrenia or some other form of mental dysfunction. However, when people witness otheres speaking in different languages not previously known by the possessed person in a different voice impossible to be impersonated, then questions are raised in my mind. People have been witnessed to have unnatural human strength, they perform feats like floating objects in the air. I don't know what creates this, its soemthign i dont understand, but it seems quite possible to me that it may have soemthing to do with christian belief in demons or disrupted spirits. Like I said though, the majority of cases i think are just acted out, but every once in awhile theres something too unnatural to be considered a mental disorder.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by gordomuchacho
In many cases of people diagnosed with possesion of soem kind of demon, it is schitzophrenia or some other form of mental dysfunction. However, when people witness otheres speaking in different languages not previously known by the possessed person in a different voice impossible to be impersonated, then questions are raised in my mind. People have been witnessed to have unnatural human strength, they perform feats like floating objects in the air. I don't know what creates this, its soemthign i dont understand, but it seems quite possible to me that it may have soemthing to do with christian belief in demons or disrupted spirits. Like I said though, the majority of cases i think are just acted out, but every once in awhile theres something too unnatural to be considered a mental disorder.

There are no demons. You are talking about superstitious accounts that do not hold up to scrutiny.

Lord Urizen
Hitler's a Demon yes

Shakyamunison
Hitler's a Demon yes

Hitler was a demon, now he's a chicken in a slaughter house, for 6 million reicarnations. laughing

Lord Urizen
Hitler was a demon, now he's a chicken in a slaughter house, for 6 million reicarnations. laughing

The way I see it, Demons are people...incredibly evil people.

We don't need literal mythological demons, when we already have cruel and sadistic monsters living among us on this world.

debbiejo
Hitler was a demon, now he's a chicken in a slaughter house, for 6 million reicarnations. laughing We eat him all the time..... eek!

Hitler chicken is yummy along with Napoleon Shrimp....

Imperial_Samura
We eat him all the time..... eek!

Hitler chicken is yummy along with Napoleon Shrimp....

Napoleon deserves to be something better then a shrimp. I mean, surely he can't be little across all his other lives, eventually he would have to get one where he is tall.

Nellinator
Dissossiative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) and Skitzophrenia both have shares of displays that are simply horrifying.

If you encounter these kind of nightmares, and then encounter an Excorcism, come back to me and tell me which is the worst.....
An exorcism by far. I have seen multiple personalities and skitzophrenia. One of my best friends was skitzophrenic and committed suicide. In an exorcism demons can contort the body wildly. This particular one's face was contorted and looked like a cat. Her voice began hissing and shouting against the Lord, but this entity that spoke grew weaker in the name of Jesus and the power of the Word. And then IT CAME OUT. Demons are real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Shakyamunison
An exorcism by far. I have seen multiple personalities and skitzophrenia. One of my best friends was skitzophrenic and committed suicide. In an exorcism demons can contort the body wildly. This particular one's face was contorted and looked like a cat. Her voice began hissing and shouting against the Lord, but this entity that spoke grew weaker in the name of Jesus and the power of the Word. And then IT CAME OUT. Demons are real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Demons are in your mind only. You are not all seeing, and you can be tricked. I think it more likely that you have been fooled.

Lord Urizen

Do you have it on Video ?

Nellinator
Do you have it on Video ?
There is a pastor named Bob Larson who I believe has many exorcism on video. He also has a radio show where you can listen to exorcisms. Actually The Exorcism of Emily Rose gives a fairly decent portrayal of what an exorcism is like. When you witness things like that there can be little doubt.

Nellinator
Demons are in your mind only. You are not all seeing, and you can be tricked. I think it more likely that you have been fooled.
I severely doubt it. Exorcisms display things beyond human ability. The ability to snap iron chains and for a petite 17 year old girl to overpower three overgrown men is no foolery. Have you ever been thrown a good five feet by a five foot two girl? It is not natural strength that allowed her to do so. I don't suspect I will convince you to believe, but can you explain these things?

Shakyamunison
I severely doubt it. Exorcisms display things beyond human ability. The ability to snap iron chains and for a petite 17 year old girl to overpower three overgrown men is no foolery. Have you ever been thrown a good five feet by a five foot two girl? It is not natural strength that allowed her to do so. I don't suspect I will convince you to believe, but can you explain these things?

People on drugs like PCP can have supper human strength. The truth is that any one can have that kind of strength, but not without a cost.

Are you telling me things you saw yourself, or things you were told. I have seen some really good magicians in my time who could levitate and make things disappear, but I don't always believe what I see.

Nellinator
People on drugs like PCP can have supper human strength. The truth is that any one can have that kind of strength, but not without a cost.

Are you telling me things you saw yourself, or things you were told. I have seen some really good magicians in my time who could levitate and make things disappear, but I don't always believe what I see.
Things I saw. I 99% sure the girl was not on PCP and even if she was it would not have made her as strong as she was. I'm 6 foot 1 and an athlete who works out and was tossed across the room by a 5 foot 2 girl. PCP does not make you that strong from what I've seen (I could be wrong). Besides once the spirit left her she was not longer strong. I have seen magicians too and can usually seperate fact from fiction.

Storm
Extraordinary strength is one of the most common attributes that exorcists describe for the possessed. It has long been known that the mentally ill and even persons under great stress can muster such strength.

Nellinator
Extraordinary strength is one of the most common attributes that exorcists describe for the possessed. It has long been known that the mentally ill and even persons under great stress can muster such strength.
Can you explain why all the symptoms suddenly disappear once the exorcism is complete?

Lord Urizen
Can you explain why all the symptoms suddenly disappear once the exorcism is complete?

The same reasons all the symptoms disappear after a breif psychotic episode. yes

Nellinator
At what would those be? Are you studied in the human psyche? Psychotic episodes usually end as the result of an action taken by the afflicted, not people casting a demon out with the Word of God.

Imperial_Samura
At what would those be? Are you studied in the human psyche? Psychotic episodes usually end as the result of an action taken by the afflicted, not people casting a demon out with the Word of God.

Depends. The mind is a remarkable thing, really. If correctly prepared, or disturbed or tricked into situation it can have the body do amazing things. Voodoo trances and the like sometimes being examples. There are more then one way to achieve a trance that might seem like madness or possession and drive the body to acts and displays of strength or damage resistance that can be phenomenal (brought about by a number of physical aspects - hormonal, muscular, nerves.) Likewise, theoretically with hypnosis and suggestion - and there are varying levels of this two.

Then of course their are drugs that have that effect also.

Regret

Also, attend a Holy Rollers service. I don't believe it's God or Demons causing them to behave as they do, I think they're just screwed up individuals.

Nellinator
You would have to witness an exorcism to understand I would think. It forced me to ask many questions, questions that I believe to be fully explained in the Bible. I think that when we ignore and reject the ideas of demons in our lives we are placing ourselves in grave danger. But, I guess it is up to you to believe it or not.

Alliance
You make it sound like you have mental problems.

Lord Urizen

WRONG thumb down

There is a type of Schizophrenic attack in the classification of a "Hyperactive Catatonic"

In this temporary state the person becomes unjustifiably violent and unbelievably strong.

This person lacks the immediate capability to reason, and must be left alone during the episode. There is NOTHING anyone can do while a person is in this state, you have to wait it out. The person is capable of throwing desks, chairs, sofas, and other rather heavy objects at a full range distance with high impact for a rather extended period of time without getting tired or weaker.

Every individual's episode is different, but the point is there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. It ends without intervention, it ends on its own.

Alliance
Also, attend a Holy Rollers service. I don't believe it's God or Demons causing them to behave as they do, I think they're just screwed up individuals.

This is a professional's opinon. yes

Nellinator
It ends without intervention, it ends on its own.
You showed little knowledge of psychology, but as you are not a psychologist I don't expect better.
When you say it ends without intervention you are only showing that demon possession is not the same as a psychological condition. Exorcism's end the possession, usually with the demon say its last words of hate and then leaving. It is very apparent when this happens.

Alliance
Ok, well Regret is a psychologist and he states that you were crazy.

There is a reason deamonolgy/exorcism is not an accepted medical practice, its fake.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Ok, well Regret is a psychologist and he states that you were crazy...

laughing That cracked me up. Thanks I needed that first thing in the morning.

Alliance
smile

debbiejo
Can you explain why all the symptoms suddenly disappear once the exorcism is complete? Because the mind and belief is a powerful thing. smile

Imperial_Samura
Ok, well Regret is a psychologist and he states that you were crazy.

There is a reason deamonolgy/exorcism is not an accepted medical practice, its fake.

Indeed. Even in the Churches themselves exorcism has fallen into unpopular views. Possibly to do with all the people that have died over the years undergoing one, and have been judged later to have not been possessed but mentally ill.

It is saying something when even the Catholic Church has really put the choker on its little group of exorcists.

Alliance
laughing out loud choker.

Imperial_Samura
laughing out loud choker.

I have always wondered what they have under that little starched collar of theirs. I like to think its either some goth like choker or maybe like that old story told around the camp fire... You know, the girl who always wore a scarf, no matter when or how hot it was, and one day when they all went to camp she was still wearing it, and that night one of the curios other girls snuck up to her while she was sleeping and undid it and scarf girls head fell off because the scarf was holding it on.

Ahhh, twas a crappy tale to be, sure to be sure. But thats what I got for going on school trips. So few boys ever went, but all the girls did. Never could work out why.

Alliance
Maybe that explains things.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I have always wondered what they have under that little starched collar of theirs. I like to think its either some goth like choker or maybe like that old story told around the camp fire... You know, the girl who always wore a scarf, no matter when or how hot it was, and one day when they all went to camp she was still wearing it, and that night one of the curios other girls snuck up to her while she was sleeping and undid it and scarf girls head fell off because the scarf was holding it on.

Ahhh, twas a crappy tale to be, sure to be sure. But thats what I got for going on school trips. So few boys ever went, but all the girls did. Never could work out why. laughing out loud

I always thought they were hiding vampire bites... eek!

Alliance
No. THats an Urabn Legend. She was really decapitated.

Alliance
No. THats an Urabn Legend. She was really decapitated.

debbiejo
You wanted to make sure I got the point?? roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

Shakyamunison
Alliance shame on you for double posting. no

debbiejo
He's possessed!! eek! eek!

Shakyamunison
He's possessed!! eek! eek!

No, most likely just too much caffeine.

Alliance
Alliance shame on you for double posting. no

You really think I typed the same post twice while making the exact smae grammatical errors?

Shakyamunison
You really think I typed the same post twice while making the exact smae grammatical errors?

What did happen?

Alliance
I dunno, but it double posted for me osama

Shakyamunison
I dunno, but it double posted for me #shrug#

It's a computer, mystery solved.

Alliance
lol..not really.

Imperial_Samura
I dunno, but it double posted for me osama

Some times the site gets a lag, so it will say it is posting for like ten minutes. If you don't stop it, or you try hitting the""submit" button again it will post two or more of the same thing post. It's happened to me, it can happen to all of you as well.

Nellinator
It can happen to all of you as well. Excluding me right?

Lord Urizen
Excluding me right?

No, not at all. You're the Best smile

debbiejo
You mean Beast???? wink

Imperial_Samura
Excluding me right?

No, especially you big grin

Nellinator
No, especially you big grin
Oh. Okay then. I was just checking.

Nogoodnamesleft

There's no such thing as demonic possession. Back in the Retard Ages ppl would think that a man was possessed just because if he started jittering around when he saw a bright light. It's called epilepsy. So assuming that Jesus's mystical Jesuspowers were real and not made-up, then I guess he could have been curing insanity.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
There's no such thing as demonic possession. Back in the Retard Ages ppl would think that a man was possessed just because if he started jittering around when he saw a bright light. It's called epilepsy. So assuming that Jesus's mystical Jesuspowers were real and not made-up, then I guess he could have been curing insanity.

Also many people who suffered from Schizophrenia or Dissossiative Idenitity Disorder were mistaken for being possessed or for being "witches".

Such bullsh*t.

Demons who have access to the spiritual realm should have something better to do than inhabit the shitty physical world such as this.

Alliance
Like have spritual masturbation sessions.

Lord Urizen
Like have spritual masturbation sessions.

If they have access to other worlds, possibly other planes of existance, why settle for the limits imposed in our physical world ?

It must be better than inhabitting the body of a child, and lying in bed all fkn day.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
lol

Nogoodnamesleft
Also many people who suffered from Schizophrenia or Dissossiative Idenitity Disorder were mistaken for being possessed or for being "witches".

Such bullsh*t.

Demons who have access to the spiritual realm should have something better to do than inhabit the shitty physical world such as this.

Yeah. If I could turn into a spirit, I'd sneak into a modeling agency building and sneak into the women's changing room. MBOIOIOIOIOING!!! Mheheheheheh!

Alliance
Screw that, go for the Matrix Cake and make them orgasm in front of you.

debbiejo
I heard being possessed makes a person swear... blink

Alliance
eff off.

debbiejo
Chuck U....God help me...It's got me too..... big grin

ghost2

Alliance
We must be under attack.

The tripods are coming.

debbiejo
Maybe it's really the "Holy Ghost"..........the trinity even ghost2ghost2ghost2

Alliance
ahhh..henotheism and Chirstianity's awkwardness...

Deano
demons = nothin to do with hell or satan, they are entititys from another dimension. possibly extra terrestrial in origin

Alliance
Yeah...because all those ETs are just running around. And things just pop in and out of our dimensions.

Nogoodnamesleft
Does this count as a case of demonic possession?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGeu318Thlk

Alliance
I don't know...didn't watch it.

Rogue Jedi

i dont agree that demonic possession exists. i am a realist. in order for me to believe in something, i have to be able to see it and/or touch it. with the exception of jesus christ, of course. show me a possession. let me see it first hand.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i dont agree that demonic possession exists. i am a realist. in order for me to believe in something, i have to be able to see it and/or touch it. with the exception of jesus christ, of course. show me a possession. let me see it first hand.

If you are a realist, then how do you beleive in Jesus Christ without proof of his existance ?

Alliance
exception

Huh. Exceptions to logic are ok?

Rogue Jedi
If you are a realist, then how do you beleive in Jesus Christ without proof of his existance ?
because some things have happened to me in my life. only by divine intervention am i still alive. i know it sounds corny, but you asked.

Alliance
Perhaps it is corny. And divine intervention is not the only way you can have survived.

If you think that, you are foolish.

Rogue Jedi
well, i am not gonna go into detail about what i did, but it was pretty bad. i was in a bad place then.
i am foolish for believing in something? i think that anyone who takes a stand and believes in something, whether it be a religion or a sexual preference, should be commended.

Alliance
Many fools take stands for things that don't mena anything. YOu can glorify yourself all you want, but thats not glory.

As I said...Divine intervention is not the only way you can have survived.

debbiejo
Demon possession could just be part of your intention. You attract or pull to yourself what you dwell on. If you dwell on very negative and angry things , you could pull negative energies to you. But they are not demons.

Alliance
YIN YANG.

Negative energies are not bad energies.

debbiejo
You could say they are neither bad nor good. It's just the label we put on the effects of those energies....The affects can be negative or possitive in their influences.. It's only a cause and effect to what we put out.

Rogue Jedi
Many fools take stands for things that don't mena anything. YOu can glorify yourself all you want, but thats not glory.

As I said...Divine intervention is not the only way you can have survived.
how am i glorifying myself? by telling the truth? that i believe in something? if someone here says "i am a raging alcoholic", is that self glorification?

JesusIsAlive
how am i glorifying myself? by telling the truth? that i believe in something? if someone here says "i am a raging alcoholic", is that self glorification?

If it is one thing you should be aware of Rogue is that people on this forum will put words in your mouth or falsely accuse of you things without any merit behind the accusations. They will consistently misconstrued and misunderstand your motives and actions. They will mischaracterize you and your sincerity often. At least this has been my experience. I have been called everything but a child of God. But I have thick skin so I can take it.

debbiejo
I was never mean to you...... no

JesusIsAlive
I was never mean to you...... no

Why do you treat me so bad Debbiejoe...sniffle...sniffle. You know I am sensitive.

debbiejo
Why do you treat me so bad Debbiejoe...sniffle...sniffle. You know I am sensitive. I don't treat you bad........I just give you my view......that's all.

hug

Rogue Jedi
If it is one thing you should be aware of Rogue is that people on this forum will put words in your mouth or falsely accuse of you things without any merit behind the accusations. They will consistently misconstrued and misunderstand your motives and actions. They will mischaracterize you and your sincerity often. At least this has been my experience. I have been called everything but a child of God. But I have thick skin so I can take it.
i know, J. i am going through this right now. it happens at every turn, it seems. sad

Imperial_Samura

Oh it does not happen like that.

Firstly - do not misconstrue debate and using ones rational mind as somehow insulting to your religion. If it can't stand up to logicial questions or curiosity then I question its right to survive. To my knowledge everyone was perfectly happy to hold a reasonable debate with you...

Secondly - ...but you were not interested. Time and time again you claimed your religion had no need to validate itself or its claim, that people should simply believe because the Bible said what it was saying was true., and that you had no reason other then evengalizing here.

Thirdly - If I am not mistaken it was you who started the insulting - when people wouldn't stop asking questions you started calling peoples things like Antichrist, spiritually dead etc - which bandied about with reckless abandon.

Fourth - Chick tracts - thinking they make an argument and refusing to listen to any reasonable criticism of them or their lies.

debbiejo
Come to think of it I was called Antichrist too.....crybaby

Good thing I have the fruits of the Spirit, though I'm going to hell....

Alliance
Originally posted by "JesusIsAlive"
If it is one thing you should be aware of Rogue is that I will accuse people on this forum of anything I can without any merit behind the accusations, simply because they don't agree with my opinions. I constantly troll, state useless cr@p, and waste peoples time with meaningless babble, then accuse them of accusing me of baseless charges. I constantly mischaracterise attacks against me, simply because I cant defend by baseless and often insane opinions. I have been called everything but a child of God, basiacally, because I don't act like one.

debbiejo
ooo Ouch

JesusIsAlive
I have never called anyone anything that was not based on the Bible. Actually what I did was identify what the Bible already described. For instance, the Bible says:

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Question: can you all see that? These are God's Words not mine.

Second question: What does the "Bible," not "JesusIsAlive," call a person who does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh?

A) a good person
B) a good debater
C) someone who just has a different view
D) a deceiver and "an" not "the" antichrist

Folks, this is all I did. I simply said what the Bible (already) said and all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose.

Rogue Jedi
Oh it does not happen like that.

Firstly - do not misconstrue debate and using ones rational mind as somehow insulting to your religion. If it can't stand up to logicial questions or curiosity then I question its right to survive. To my knowledge everyone was perfectly happy to hold a reasonable debate with you...

Secondly - ...but you were not interested. Time and time again you claimed your religion had no need to validate itself or its claim, that people should simply believe because the Bible said what it was saying was true., and that you had no reason other then evengalizing here.

Thirdly - If I am not mistaken it was you who started the insulting - when people wouldn't stop asking questions you started calling peoples things like Antichrist, spiritually dead etc - which bandied about with reckless abandon.

Fourth - Chick tracts - thinking they make an argument and refusing to listen to any reasonable criticism of them or their lies.
there are haters and know it alls around every corner here. i aint saying names, though.

Alliance
I have never called anyone anything that was not based on the Bible. Actually what I did was identify what the Bible already described.

wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash

debbiejo
there are haters and know it alls around every corner here. i aint saying names, though. Why.........I just got to know now.......

Alliance
Start the list. If you are going to wrongly insult us, at least do it to our faces.

Imperial_Samura
I have never called anyone anything that was not based on the Bible. Actually what I did was identify what the Bible already described. For instance, the Bible says:

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Question: can you all see that? These are God's Words not mine.

Second question: What does the "Bible," not "JesusIsAlive," call a person who does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh?

A) a good person
B) a good debater
C) someone who just has a different view
D) a deceiver and "an" not "the" antichrist

Folks, this is all I did. I simply said what the Bible (already) said and all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose.

Yes... I see it is so much more acceptable to use things like "spiritually dead" and "an Antichrist" against people because the Bible uses them.

Yes, from both sides of the debate, but don't go lightly on those from the Christian side. They are equally guilty, if not more so. They just feel justified in insulting because the Bible tells them its ok.

How many times have I heard "WHY U askin that? You is going to BURN IN HEL ANd I laigh!"

JesusIsAlive
Here is another for instance with respect to calling folk spiritually dead. (And hence another Bible-term, not JesusIsAlive term,)

Ephesians 2:1
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Question: what does the "Bible," not "JesusIsAlive," call people who are still in their sins and have not asked Jesus Christ for forgiveness yet?

A) non-judgmental
B) those who have varying beliefs
C) open-minded, a free, independent thinker, rational, logical, sensible
D) dead in trespasses and sins (i.e., spiritually dead)

Again, folks if saying what the Bible says means that I am whatever some of you have said that I am then so be it. But putting a label on something doesn't put anything inside. I could put the most wonderful, and beautiful wrapping paper around an empty box. But there isn't anything inside the box. Conversly, I could put unattractive wrapping paper with drab colors and designs around another box that contains the rarest of all diamonds. Labels do not put anything inside of a thing. So labels are just that: labels. But labels don't have any merit unless God, by His Word, is the one doing the labeling. Reporting what the Bible says subjects me and others that do it to inexorable, yet predictable, persecution. It has happened to my predecessors before me and certainly will beset those who succeed me. To God be the glory and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ in spite of it all.

Alliance
no

Rogue Jedi
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
wallbash
you are gonna get dain bramage, dood.

Rogue Jedi
Yes... I see it is so much more acceptable to use things like "spiritually dead" and "an Antichrist" against people because the Bible uses them.

Yes, from both sides of the debate, but don't go lightly on those from the Christian side. They are equally guilty, if not more so. They just feel justified in insulting because the Bible tells them its ok.

How many times have I heard "WHY U askin that? You is going to BURN IN HEL ANd I laigh!"
well, as i sit in paradise, i'll drop a line to you in hell as you roast for all eternity.

JesusIsAlive
Folks, since you are all rational, sensible, logical, free-thinking, independent, intelligent, thinkers and people (I am giving you all the benefit of the doubt), what do you call someone who murders people?

A) I don't believe in labeling people that would be wrong.
B) a pedophile
C) a rapist
D) a murderer

Ok, now what would you all call a person who sexually assaults (molests) children?

A) a rapist
B) a murderer
C) a person with a different view than you and sees life differently
D) don't be ridiculous, he/she is a pedophile

I see. So then what do you call a man who rapes woman?

A) a pedophile
B) a murderer
C) a person with a different point of view. He is just misunderstood.
D) is there no end to these questions? The man is a rapist (obviously)

So then using your rational (all of you) if a person denies that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh...and...I am not finish, that same person has not ever asked Jesus Christ to forgive them of their personal sins, then based on these two things that person is an antichrist, and dead in trespasses and sins. There is no difference. We call people things all day long because you cannot separate what you do from what you are. If someone says, "Hey what do you "do" for a living?" And you reply, "I am" a lawyer or doctor. Most people don't respond by saying something like, "I practice law or medicine." They usually respond by saying what they are as opposed to what they do.

debbiejo
well, as i sit in paradise, i'll drop a line to you in hell as you roast for all eternity. Well that wasn't very Christian of you.

Imperial_Samura
well, as i sit in paradise, i'll drop a line to you in hell as you roast for all eternity.

Or, alternatively since there is an equally, or far better, chance nothing will happen neither you nor I will be doing any communicating after death.

And whether you were joking or not it strikes me as funny those Christians, it really does, who take such a high moral stance on everything, but inventively, if finding a debate they don't like, are perfectly happy to bring up damnation on their opponent.

"Blah blah Love thys fellow man Blah blah blah Loves everyone blah blah blah equal blah blah blah Fine, well when you burning in Hell I'll laugh, because I'm a good Christian who loves everyone and doesn't get angry and I'm going to Heaven while you go to hell so nah nah!"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>