Flash/Iceman/Magneto/SwampThing/Wonder Woman...Who is ridiculously powerful??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
This isn't your standard "beat their brains out" kind of fight...this is a different kind of "vs." match....of who is the most insanely, RIDICULOUSLY, over-powered???? confused

I mean, characters that are now SOOOO over-the-top powerful, it just makes you want to roll your eyes and say " Oh, good grief roll eyes (sarcastic) " The best top five examples that spring to my mind are.....

1. The Flash

2. Iceman

3. Magneto

4. Swamp Thing

5. Wonder Woman

In the beginning, these characters were nowhere near as powerful as they are now...over the years and thru different writers, these characters have been made soooooo mega, uber-powerful, it's just sickening smile sick That's what I'm talkin' about....

I know there's more than this, but these are the ones that pop into my head regarding this...

So what do you think of my list, and what other characters do you personally believe fall into this category???

diabloman
spite thread

bigbran
spite thread.

UniOmni
The first four should be extremely powerful, when you look at their powersets and potential. WW though, isn't. She isn't even top 4 in her universe, or Earth for that matter. Her best move isn't one thats inherent to her powerset. The godwave is external.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by diabloman
spite thread

No, not at all...that's the last thing I want to do with this thread!!! I'm serious...I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I want a good, serious dicussion about this...I don't want to make anyone mad.

What characters have been written so over-the-top powerful over the years as compared to their early versions...You already have my personal selections, and I'm interested in hearing some other peoples' opinions; that's all.....I repeat, this is NOT a spite thread. I don't do that junk...I'm here to have an intelligent, insightful, serious dicussion...not to piss off anyone....

bigbran
scarlet witch
supes
bats

diabloman
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
No, not at all...that's the last thing I want to do with this thread!!! I'm serious...I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I want a good, serious dicussion about this...I don't want to make anyone mad.

What characters have been written so over-the-top powerful over the years as compared to their early versions...You already have my personal selections, and I'm interested in hearing some other peoples' opinions that's all.....I repeat, this is NOT a spite thread. I don't do that junk...I'm here to have an intelligent, insightful, serious dicussion...not to piss off anyone.... im not bad i just dont think alot of people are gonna respond to this thread its kinda silly

badabing
spite thread
This is a spite thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t408515.html

diabloman
many are responding to that thread so i dont see a probplem with it

badabing
Using the list that is posted, Iceman, Swamp Thing and Flash are the most over the top. I still like the characters though.

Comicbook_kid
im not bad i just dont think alot of people are gonna respond to this thread its kinda silly

Well, I could say that about a lot of other threads on here, but many people did respond to those afterall....why should mine be considered "silly" when I'm trying to have a serious discussion???

diabloman
Well, I could say that about a lot of other threads on here, but many people did respond to those afterall....why should mine be considered "silly" when I'm trying to have a serious discussion??? doesnt matter if your being serious or not. its the topics that people are intrested in.

Comicbook_kid
doesnt matter if your being serious or not. its the topics that people are intrested in.

And why exactly wouldn't they be interested in this one?

diabloman
And why exactly wouldn't they be interested in this one? this is a versus forum. i dont see anything that this thread has to do with that

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by bigbran
scarlet witch
supes
bats

Gotta agree with ya on your choices "Scarlet Witch" and "Batman"....definately...but not Superman. Why? Well, instead of becoming more uber-powerful like these other characters over time, Supes has actually become toned down in terms of his powers...don't get me wrong, he's still mega-powerful, but not like his incarnations in the sixties and seventies....compared to the Supes then, his current version is NOWHERE near as powerful...

Except for Supes, I gotta agree with ya.... wink good choices!!

Whittdawg92
either swamp thing or wonderwoman are waaaaayyy more powerful than they should be.

bigbran
well if he has then y doesnt he lose ever!!!

Comicbook_kid
this is a versus forum. i dont see anything that this thread has to do with that

This is a "vs." match of whose become the most ridiculously, over-powered since their earlier, toned down versions in the beginning....

Why are you having such a hard time with this thread? I'm trying to have a serious discussion here. Instead of complaining about the thread, why don't you contribute to the topic and join in the discussion?

bigbran
spite thread.

Comicbook_kid
spite thread.

It's only a "spite thread", if you make it one....which it isn't!!!!
If you'd read my previous comments, you'd see that this ISN'T a spite thread...I'm not doing this to piss someone off. That's the last thing I want to do here. I'm trying to have a serious discussion here about this...so please contribute something intelligent to the conversation or nothing at all.... wink

badabing
Every popular character has had upgrades. It's an arms race between DC and Marvel. I do wish that they would portray the character a bit more consistently.

Crease
Scarlett Witch was a stupid idea to begin with. Mutation affecting probability? Even in a world where a guy's covered in rock and another can basically regenerate from a pile of goo she seems the most over the top.

Flash and Bobby Drake follow close behind. Good thread by the way, something different.

Blair Wind
spite thread? sorry man their being idiots....

By most overpowered in one power...Id have to say Flash. Anything that he does is written way with well the Speed Force lets him do it. Speed Force is PIS.....but I still like him as a character and the speed force is cool. But all the things they are able to do with it? overpowered, and underwritten.

Superman not overpowered? the man go T-vo (some reality warping kryptonian meditation crap) roll eyes (sarcastic) sorry but they are making him into Pre Crisis all over again

Iceman....its always been hinted at, but it is powerful what they are hinting at...

Magneto went from magnetism to controling the whole electromagnetic spectrum?? making black holes? What the f**k?

thats my take on it so far...

bigbran
It's only a "spite thread", if you make it one....which it isn't!!!!
If you'd read my previous comments, you'd see that this ISN'T a spite thread...I'm not doing this to piss someone off. That's the last thing I want to do here. I'm trying to have a serious discussion here about this...so please contribute something intelligent to the conversation or nothing at all.... wink
i was joking.
flash is a cool character, but god being able to vibrate through something, and all that. the way i see flash is the way the cartoon flash is, not over the top, not weak, funny.
mags is a joke. really.
apoc went from a egyptian god to a low level mutant.(off topic)
supes is stupid, beating angles. nuff said.
iceman, was the weakest x man, and now he can fight tyrant.
batman, beeing able to beat everyone, and what is this bats 1 million, god another excuse for money.
thats all for now.........

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Crease
Scarlett Witch was a stupid idea to begin with. Mutation affecting probability? Even in a world where a guy's covered in rock and another can basically regenerate from a pile of goo she seems the most over the top.

Flash and Bobby Drake follow close behind. Good thread by the way, something different.

Thankyou for the compliment wink I thought this was a good topic discussion and something different instead of another "Who can beat the other's brains out" thread starring Hulk, Doomsday, or Juggernaut....those get old to me after awhile...

But, YES!!!! I totally agree with you about the Scarlet Witch...I always thought her character was kinda dumb to start with. The whole idea of a "mutation" affecting probability?!?!?! Huh?!?! And Marvel has made her soooo insanely powerful over the years, especially recently in the past few years....but that's not to say I don't like Wanda as a character, but her powers are a bit out there to say the least...but yes, good comments! Thanks for your insight.

bigbran
thor, cum on he was cool, and then they turn him into rkt. he went from a cool heroe to a celestial level.

Comicbook_kid
I personally didn't mind Marvel doing what they did with Thor. He's a god, so he's supposed to be plenty powerful...and when he took Odin's place as ruler of Asgard, I thought they handled him well. Yes, he was mega-powerful, but hey, he's a god...so what can ya do? So, I don't really have a gripe with Thor so much as say these other characters I listed...but I see your point though.

bigbran
i dont care, im just bringing up turning him into an above skyfather level god.

bigbran
i was joking.
flash is a cool character, but god being able to vibrate through something, and all that. the way i see flash is the way the cartoon flash is, not over the top, not weak, funny.
mags is a joke. really.
apoc went from a egyptian god to a low level mutant.(off topic)
supes is stupid, beating angles. nuff said.
iceman, was the weakest x man, and now he can fight tyrant.
batman, beeing able to beat everyone, and what is this bats 1 million, god another excuse for money.
thats all for now.........
and scarlet witch, turning into a pheonix level mutant.

bigbran
and darkseid, and this anti life equation, retarded, now hes alegedly on multiversal level, just so he can be beat by supes again.

Inhuman
Agree on some posted like scarlet witch
swamp thing-he can basically controll the earth?! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Flash - Mention these things and he can do anything- speed force, molecules, speed blitz, vibrating, mass punching with the force of stars( eek! ) ect. Its like nothing below a herald level guy can harm/touch him acording so some roll eyes (sarcastic)
I have no problem with Wonderwoman other than the godwave. (also it kinda bothered me when she started flying). Where's the invisible jet?stick out tongue

others off the top of my head are:
-The Mask
-Heman
-god cable
-frankling richards
-batman with motherbox,boomtube or any insane device that makes him take on gods roll eyes (sarcastic) other than that bats is cool wink
-old supes(new powers every day) Current supes is cool, but they are kinda bringing back PC supes with the sun dipping and other things n' such.
-All the heroes/villains that are getting adamantium skeletons like if there was a sale on them at walmart roll eyes (sarcastic)
-same goes for healing factors. Everyone has one now wacko

Comicbook_kid
Good choices Inhuman, gotta agree with you on most of those...especially Franklin Richards, the Mask, and Scarlet Witch. I forgot about those when I posted this topic...but those are very good choices. Perfect for what I'm talkin' about....thanks for the cool insightful comments!! Very nice!

diabloman
spite thread

celestialdemon
My choice is Jean Grey. She went from a decently powered mutant to host for arguably the most powerful being in the Multiverse to essentially becoming one with the Phoenix Force.

bigbran
jean and..........

spawn, cum on, he was a street level, and then he turned into a god. i almost sh1t my pants when i heard about spawn vs galactus, and people were saying spawn would win, but i soon found out he had an upgrade.

Soljer
Ridiculously? Wonder Woman, maybe. She has the least explanation for her insane upgrades. Iceman, becoming one with water? Okay....Magneto shifting his electro magnetic control to the entire EM spectrum? I'll believe it. Wonder Woman? Nahhh

And Swamp Thing -_-.

GAHHH, ****ing Swamp thing.

Though I don't EVER remember Spawn being street level. Didn't he evaporate a being from existence in one of his first showings? :-/

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Soljer
Ridiculously? Wonder Woman, maybe. She has the least explanation for her insane upgrades. Iceman, becoming one with water? Okay....Magneto shifting his electro magnetic control to the entire EM spectrum? I'll believe it. Wonder Woman? Nahhh

And Swamp Thing -_-.

GAHHH, ****ing Swamp thing.

Though I don't EVER remember Spawn being street level. Didn't he evaporate a being from existence in one of his first showings? :-/

Actually hers does make sense and I assume we're talking about the godwave? How wouldn't it make sense that someone that is empowered by gods wouldn't get an extra "gift" or two every now and then?

ExodusCloak
But, YES!!!! I totally agree with you about the Scarlet Witch...I always thought her character was kinda dumb to start with. The whole idea of a "mutation" affecting probability?!?!?! Huh?!?! And Marvel has made her soooo insanely powerful over the years, especially recently in the past few years....but that's not to say I don't like Wanda as a character, but her powers are a bit out there to say the least...but yes, good comments! Thanks for your insight.

Umm...mutation can affect everything else why not probabilty fields?
We have a mutant who can control two of the fundamental forces in Physics.
Another who can ionize matter.
Another who manipulates energy.
Another who can adapt his physiology to survive anything.
Another who gets lucky.
And one who was able to manipulate all kinetic energy.
This is the comics why should affecting probability fields be any different?

As for Iceman it has always been said that mutant powers grow. So it's not that much of a suprise that once the nature of his powers were revealed he'd be an uber powerful mutant.
The same can be said about Magneto, the nature of his powers were apparently revealed to controlling two of the fundamental forces rather then one.

sexyking
scarlet witch
supes
bats

Dont forget thanos
Wolverine
Silver surfer

sexyking
jean and..........

spawn, cum on, he was a street level, and then he turned into a god. i almost sh1t my pants when i heard about spawn vs galactus, and people were saying spawn would win, but i soon found out he had an upgrade.

From the very first time spawn showed up it was stated that his potential was unlimited meaning that over time he would get stronger so i dont see it `as a shock that his that powerful now.

Grimm22
New Sun stick out tongue

Pre-Crisis Superman

The mother box mad

thisredbox
captain planethttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/mad.gif

j/ksmile

FujiFuu
Batman (He should stick to fighting crazy street level villians, the detective part suits him better IMO)
Iceman (How can he be just water? Mutants are mutants because of a specific DNA gene, so how can he transfer his mind, doesn't make sense)
Flash (The dude is really fast, but come on he shouldn't be able to infinite punch people, it makes for such a boring character, they should cut his speed down drastically, still insane fast, but not fast enough to speedblitz an entire super villian team in fractions of a second whistle )

Jargon343
Well I think a character is only overpowered if he's ridiculously more powerful than his enemies. I think that's something often overlooked on this board. Superman isn't overpowered if 9 out of 10 of his badguys has a handful of kryponite and a punch that can knock him through a wall. Most seem to regard 'overpowered' as whether or not a character can kick the ass of a character they are more fond of.

That being said, I think generally, any character that 'can just create a black hole and throw soandso into it' is probably overpowered. Unless they're fighting one of the 300 other guys who can do the same thing.

edit: Considering how many times superman has been exposed to kryptonite radiation and survived, shouldn't we be calling him Tumorman? Maybe he is overpowered.

Jargon343
Originally posted by FujiFuu

Iceman (How can he be just water? Mutants are mutants because of a specific DNA gene, so how can he transfer his mind, doesn't make sense)

Well it doesn't make sense that a single gene mutation can give you metal skin or control over magnetism or the weather or any of the other stuff it gives 'mutant' characters either. It makes even less sense that there is supposed to be one, single gene that causes all these different effects in different people.

FujiFuu
Originally posted by Jargon343
Well it doesn't make sense that a single gene mutation can give you metal skin or control over magnetism or the weather or any of the other stuff it gives 'mutant' characters either. It makes even less sense that there is supposed to be one, single gene that causes all these different effects in different people.
The mutant gene thing has been a consistent thing throughout x-men history, I know in reality, none of this stuff can work, but they're even breaking there own rules about mutants with ice-man

Jargon343
I'd say Doomsday is overpowered, or was in his original form. He was like the ultimate God Machine, as he technically couldn't be killed. It worked for his original purpose, which was to kill Superman and then come back so Superman could redeem himself against it, but as a recurring character its a bit much.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Inhuman
Agree on some posted like scarlet witch
swamp thing-he can basically controll the earth?! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Flash - Mention these things and he can do anything- speed force, molecules, speed blitz, vibrating, mass punching with the force of stars( eek! ) ect. Its like nothing below a herald level guy can harm/touch him acording so some roll eyes (sarcastic)
I have no problem with Wonderwoman other than the godwave. (also it kinda bothered me when she started flying). Where's the invisible jet?stick out tongue

others off the top of my head are:
-The Mask
-Heman
-god cable
-frankling richards
-batman with motherbox,boomtube or any insane device that makes him take on gods roll eyes (sarcastic) other than that bats is cool wink
-old supes(new powers every day) Current supes is cool, but they are kinda bringing back PC supes with the sun dipping and other things n' such.
-All the heroes/villains that are getting adamantium skeletons like if there was a sale on them at walmart roll eyes (sarcastic)
-same goes for healing factors. Everyone has one now wacko

God cable? you think so? Franklin richards, that is kidna wierd, thats the kid that killed onslaught right?
but ide have to disagree with God cable, i think it was well written due to the fact that that disease killed everyone that caught it, and he was able to control it with his TP, and they mentioned that if he didnt have to he would be uber

i cant think of any right now tho, but ide have to agree with flash

Tassadar
Wonder Woman, when she started she had no powers, now shes on Supes level for some reason

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Tassadar
Wonder Woman, when she started she had no powers, now shes on Supes level for some reason

She always had power no expression

Comicbook_kid
Ya know, it's kinda funny nobody has mentioned Deadpool or Lobo yet...I for one think those two have been made waaaaaay too powerful since their original incarnation. I mean, Deadpool not being able to die, being immortal, being able to regenerate from an ear, a puddle of goo, etc....WTF? And Lobo, yeah he's always been powerful, but when they had him beating up pantheons of gods and demons just for fun.... roll eyes (sarcastic) And then they made it so where he can regenerate from a single drop of blood AND be able to clone himself; over and over!! So, I would definately have to add those two to my list....in fact, here's my list of the top 10 most insanely, toooooo over-powered characters in comics....

1. Magneto
2. Swamp Thing
3. Ice Man
4. The Flash
5. Wonder Woman
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Franklin Richards
8. Spawn
9. Lobo
10. Deadpool

Again, this is just my opinion....

Draco69
Wonder Woman is considered overpowered?!!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm so happy. There was a time, oh there WAS a time....

big grin

Metalmanx
This isn't your standard "beat their brains out" kind of fight...this is a different kind of "vs." match....of who is the most insanely, RIDICULOUSLY, over-powered???? confused

I mean, characters that are now SOOOO over-the-top powerful, it just makes you want to roll your eyes and say " Oh, good grief roll eyes (sarcastic) " The best top five examples that spring to my mind are.....

1. The Flash

2. Iceman

3. Magneto

4. Swamp Thing

5. Wonder Woman

In the beginning, these characters were nowhere near as powerful as they are now...over the years and thru different writers, these characters have been made soooooo mega, uber-powerful, it's just sickening smile sick That's what I'm talkin' about....

I know there's more than this, but these are the ones that pop into my head regarding this...

So what do you think of my list, and what other characters do you personally believe fall into this category???

Why isn't Superman or Batman on that list? It seems that there is nothing in this universe nor any dimension that can take either of them out. And to be honest, it's pretty damn annoying. I just want to see an enemy completely kick Superman's ass. I mean, really. As in Supes not even able to put up a fight. Just outclassed in everyway. And then, of course, the JLA can then figure out a plan to take out said opponent, but that would just make my day to see Supes get his ass handed to him. Maybe that'll knock him down a few pegs.

And someone really needs to just shoot Batman right in the face. Right in the exposed facial-area. Even if it's just in a dream sequence, it would still brighten my day to see it.

Metalmanx
And yes, the Flash (Wally West) is insanely powerful. But honestly? I love the way that he's portrayed. Super speed SHOULD be that powerful. I love to see the different ways he'll use his speed to take out an opponent. In my opinion, it's the #1 power to have, aside from like...omnipresent-power (Phoenix/TOAA/etc.).

grey fox
Ya know, it's kinda funny nobody has mentioned Deadpool or Lobo yet...I for one think those two have been made waaaaaay too powerful since their original incarnation. I mean, Deadpool not being able to die, being immortal, being able to regenerate from an ear, a puddle of goo, etc....WTF? And Lobo, yeah he's always been powerful, but when they had him beating up pantheons of gods and demons just for fun.... roll eyes (sarcastic) And then they made it so where he can regenerate from a single drop of blood AND be able to clone himself; over and over!! So, I would definately have to add those two to my list....in fact, here's my list of the top 10 most insanely, toooooo over-powered characters in comics....

Why should we take Lobo and Deadpool in account ? Their both characters in a humour oriented comic book .Ergo their powers are GOING to be over the top and zany.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by grey fox
Why should we take Lobo and Deadpool in account ? Their both characters in a humour oriented comic book .Ergo their powers are GOING to be over the top and zany.

True, but originally they weren't!! Originally they were somewhat serious characters with somewhat serious stories (Deadpool moreso than Lobo)...and the point of this thread is to point out what characters are now ridiculously powerful as compared to their original versions when they first appeared...and Lobo and Deadpool both have been made to be faaar more powerful and formidable now then in their original incarnations...that's why I put them on my list...I suppose I could replace them with Martian Manhunter and Aquaman just as easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.