For people who think that too much was cut from AOTC...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
... then I am sure you will feel no better for reading this:

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/ben/askjc20020718.html

But nice to know, anyway. Must be a bind for all the actors and stuntmen and editors involved, doing all that work for no result. Still, that's showbusiness.

yerssot
thought you would give the link to the Image Attack with Mace and his desk... Didn't knew that scene...

LaurenE147
It's hard to imagine the Jedi with offices.

mah
they're sitting at their desk all day, playing solitaire on their computers.

yerssot
cheating by using the Force of course

sand person no. 10
still, one of the big criticisms of tpm (not from me) was that too much was happening at one time. the arena battle was very 'busy' as it was, although that scene would have been great to see, it would have probably diminished the effect of the arena battle.

yerssot
aotc yes,

well, the way I see it...less chatting, cut some other scenes and give more action, like Queeq already said; that scene with Anakin and that animal he's riding is useless, cut it and you have a minute orso free to put something else in.

LaurenE147
I think it wasn't as busy as it could've been. Especially considering how much story they had to tell.

master harmax
I jusy hope they include this and the other cut scenes in the DVD.

Ushgarak
I would be amazed if they do; they have had VERY little time to insert FX work.

Gundark
Still will be interesting to see what does make it to the dvd.

Emp. Dan
lllll I wish that scene wasn't cut.

sand person no. 10
the scene on the cpntrol has to be left out of the dvd because Plo Koon and Ki Adi Mundi are both in the arena battle.
yersott, i hardly think cutting a minute from a 2 hour odd long film would have made any difference. the last half of aotc had plenty of action. a space battle would have been good to watch, perhaps the clones fighting the fleeing trade federation in space. but you don't always get what you want. shame i want britney spears, but what can you do????

yerssot
one minute for that scene yes, but other details could be left out too,...

and why can't Koon and Mundi run out of the arena?

Ushgarak
Because that would make little logical sense, I feel. They presumably re-shot things to include them in the Arena; they would have to "unclude" them to make it work with that missing scene.

yerssot
which is only a minute work orso

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.