Batman with prep - vs - 7 of Marvels best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Okey its batman with prep vs. 7 of the Marvels best,
and remember its one by one.

Batman gets 5 days of prep time vs each opponet. All fight will take place in Gotham city.

What would the Batman file lok like for each of theses guys?

Black Panther
Thor
Genis
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Quicksilver
Namor

No prep for the 7

Sixth_Winged
Batman wins all.........laughing

then genis goes back in time and kills batman when he was a baby.

badabing
Black Panther - Yes
Thor - No
Genis - No
Hulk- Possibly
Silver Surfer - No
Quicksilver - Possibly
Namor - Not without prep
All the no votes are barring the use of the mother box.

diabloman
Originally posted by badabing
Black Panther - Yes
Thor - No
Genis - No
Hulk- Possibly
Silver Surfer - No
Quicksilver - Possibly
Namor - Not without prep
All the no votes are barring the use of the mother box. please lord forgive me for saying this but yes i agree with your list. except for hulk

Soljer
Assuming no Motherbox/Boomtube tom-foolery (That's right! Tom-Foolery!) I don't know if Batman can manage to outhink THIS MUCH power...

And if there IS said Tom-foolery, then Batman needs only five minutes of prep for each fight, rather than five days. Just enough time to grab the two gadgets and destroy his opponent.

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
Assuming no Motherbox/Boomtube tom-foolery (That's right! Tom-Foolery!) I don't know if Batman can manage to outhink THIS MUCH power...

And if there IS said Tom-foolery, then Batman needs only five minutes of prep for each fight, rather than five days. Just enough time to grab the two gadgets and destroy his opponent. Batman has outthought gods and 7th dimension beings, without motherboxs/boomtubes. If it's JLA Batman, he wins.

Inhuman
Batman clears in no prob. sick

Im assuming that all these fights are bloodlust with no mumbojumo devices like motherbox,boomtube. Al right lets move on. smile

Black Panther - w/prep I see bats taking the majority (slightly smile )
Thor - Not a chance
Genis - No
Hulk- bloodlust hulk - nope
Silver Surfer - No
Quicksilver - maybe but will be very difficult
Namor - Bats will have to fight Namor in the middle of the desert or something to get the majority.

Soljer
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman has outthought gods and 7th dimension beings, without motherboxs/boomtubes. If it's JLA Batman, he wins.

I'm not saying he couldn't out think them, perhaps I said that wrong. Rather, I am saying that I'm not entirely sure that Batman could prep in an effective way against someone like the Silver Surfer, or King Thor.

The Human Bomb
Im a big bats fan, and the fanboy in me crys that batman with prep could punch out God. But even with it, i have to say i dont see him clearing the gauntlet easily.

Black Panther - Prolly the easiest fight on here, BP goes down hard.
Thor - Hes a god..... what can even be done here?
Genis - No...just no
Hulk- Im not all that sure about this one maybe with enough prep, Bats could figure out the only effective way to win this is to sneak in and gas Banner with some sarin while he sleeps.. hah
Silver Surfer - Can anyone come up with a good arguement for this one?
Quicksilver - Yes, bats could just implement the same plan he used to take out the flash when we got out of line.
Namor - Hes badass, but water is his achilles heel. I dont see this particular battle being all that diffcult with time to prepare.

Grimm22
Bats with prep >> Black Panther

Bats with prep <<< Thor

Bats with prep <<<< Genis

Bats with prep > Hulk

Bats with prep <<< Silver Surfer

Bats with prep > Quicksilver

Bats with prep > Namor

marvelprince
Black Panther - Yes
Thor - No
Genis - No
Hulk- Could come up with something to remove gamma from Bruce
Silver Surfer - No
Quicksilver - Yes
Namor - Maybe

bigbran
Silver Surfer - Can anyone come up with a good arguement for this one?
bats would just use his cosmic eraser gun and shoot ss with it.blowupraygun

batdude123
Motherbox=he pwns everybody. cool

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Motherbox=he pwns everybody. cool

Except Silver Surfer, Thor and Genis wink

bigbran
no but seriously he can beat one person on the list ad thats bp

badabing
Originally posted by diabloman
please lord forgive me for saying this but yes i agree with your list. except for hulk
Happy Dance dance Happy Dance dance

H. S. 6
Black Panther - Yes (easiest fight of 'em all)

Thor - No (Are you kidding me?)

Genis - No (Once again, do you hate Bats?)

Hulk- Maybe (if it's bloodlust Hulk, then I'd say probably... no. But Bats does have a chance here.)

Silver Surfer - No

Quicksilver - Yes

Namor - No. (Goes to Namor 7/10)

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Except Silver Surfer, Thor and Genis wink

WRONG!! Motherbox>>Genis cool

Metalmanx
Damn it. I am so tired of prep. If Batman went against any of these guys without prep he'd get his ass handed to him. And this is non-biased. I know Batman well, for I have read many JLA comics and his own for that matter. I know what he can do, and I never underestimate him. But pit against these characters without prep, and he goes down hard.

Yes, even Black Panther and Quicksilver. Okay, Black Panther won't receive a giant majority. I'd give BP 6/10 against Bats. Quicksilver (even Pre-HOM), however, should win just about each match against a no-prep Batman.

boriquaking55
With 5 days of prep, Bats would just don the Aegis armor and a green lanturn ring - hell he wouldn't need 5 days for this.

TheKahn
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Black Panther - Yes (easiest fight of 'em all)

Thor - No (Are you kidding me?)

Genis - No (Once again, do you hate Bats?)

Hulk- Maybe (if it's bloodlust Hulk, then I'd say probably... no. But Bats does have a chance here.)

Silver Surfer - No

Quicksilver - Yes

Namor - No. (Goes to Namor 7/10)

I have to say that I agree with this list. BP vs Batman is a good fight under normal conditions, but giving Batman one-sided prep heavily tilt the scales in his favor. Batman taking out Thor, Genis, or SS is just a fanboy's wet dream. Against the Hulk I'd give Batman the edge assuming he knows the nature of the Hulk's gamma-based powers and can make a device to force him to revert to Banner.

Quicksilver shouldn't be that much of a challenge as he is used to speedsters who are far, far faster than Quicksilver could ever hope to be. And Namor would be quite a challenge for Bats especially given his black suit which prevents him from getting dehydrated for a significant period of time (a couple days I think). Bats might get a few wins but Namor outclasses him in every physical category and really only needs to get in one shot to end the fight.

Tallis
What is batman capable of with a motherbox?

ThePittman
Originally posted by Tallis
What is batman capable of with a motherbox? I'm not a huge Batman fan but what the hell is this motherbox that I keep hearing about?

Juntai
Originally posted by ThePittman
I'm not a huge Batman fan but what the hell is this motherbox that I keep hearing about? New God tech. Probably the most powerful tech in either universe. It's allows direct communication with The Source of creation. Motherboxes have been shown that they can do almost anything, from taking over any tech, to restarting the universe.

A.J
He beats them all.

Templares
Genis' Cosmic Awareness pretty much nullifies whatever typical prep Batman will do. Bats must have some cosmic altering device at the get-go otherwise his plans would just unravel itself.

Once he got that covered, he could finally start the tedious job of overcoming the power of the Nega bands.

Yeah, Batman needs a plot device on this one.

batdude123

Templares

batdude123
Originally posted by Templares
"My Motherbox. My Boomtube" - Barda. S/B#?. I forgot. The one where she wears a towel.

Batman needs all the plot device he could get his hands on.

And the motherbox and the boomtube are just enough to pull it off. yes

Templares
He better ask Barda nicely to lend him, her motherbox again. Like i said he needs a plot device, which is what a motherbox is.

batdude123
He better ask Barda nicely to lend him, her motherbox again. Like i said he needs a plot device, which is what a motherbox is.

No, he already has a motherbox.

Templares
Since when?

batdude123
Since when?

Since JLA: Classified I think. I think Juntai might know more about it than I do.

marvelprince
Yup as of now Bats does have a motherbox. Its not part of its usually arsenal though. Its convenient for plot-device use though

rotiart
Maybe yes against all. If i remember right, Batman is entrusted with a GL ring and a kryptonite ring. If thats so, Batman would destroy BP, Quickie, take a majority against namor, and fair slightly over hulk, and match evenly with thor and genis.

And even if he didn't have a ring.. a quick phone call...

Batman - "Hey John?"
GL Stewart - "Yeah Bats?"
Batman- "Lemme borrow you're ring or you're gonna find me hanging upside in your bathroom without my batbelt on"
GL Stewart - "... did you really have to bring last friday into this?"
Batman- "just gimme the damn ring."

bigbran
Originally posted by A.J
He beats them all.
is that the real king kam?

bigbran
****ing stupid motherbox. you might as well give every one the ig then, in that case, bp wins

bherrle
May I point out that Dr. Doom has outsmarted Surfer? Why couldn't Batman?

bigbran
lets give thanos the ig in every thread, magus,grandmaster. if bats gets the motherbox in every thread.

bigbran
whn did he outsmart surfer? ok, so bats was smart enough to be able to beat great evil beast? mm, because doom beat beyonder.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by bigbran
lets give thanos the ig in every thread, magus,grandmaster. if bats gets the motherbox in every thread.

Why? The thread says Batman is the one that has prep, not the others. And also, there are much more overpowered characters in both the DC/MU.

bigbran
well if bats gets the motherbox with prep, then that means in other threads thanos should get ig with prep. doesnt that make sence?

UniOmni
Batman can take BP, Hulk if he can drain his radiation and Namor if he messes with his water intake. Nobody else would take stock of the man in bat armor. And this from a Batman stan. What he does in JLA is kinda moot, since the true batman is Gotham centered. Batgod was not specified in this thread. And most of that is pis to make the human somewhat useful.

Like i said, somebody getting a win, by behaving above or on par, while the opponents act below, doesn't make for a legit win.
Why do you think S/B is so derided on this and other boards?? Cuz thats Loebs formula for his stories.

JohnnyDo3
sorry but batman can't take them all

jbsuperbat
batman with 5 days prep could take anybody on this list silver surfer and genis would be tough but the bat always pulls through he took down superman which can take down any of these guys batman is really the best hero there is always ahead of his opponents and its in gotham come on

mighty adam
Originally posted by rotiart
Maybe yes against all. If i remember right, Batman is entrusted with a GL ring and a kryptonite ring. If thats so, Batman would destroy BP, Quickie, take a majority against namor, and fair slightly over hulk, and match evenly with thor and genis.

And even if he didn't have a ring.. a quick phone call...

Batman - "Hey John?"
GL Stewart - "Yeah Bats?"
Batman- "Lemme borrow you're ring or you're gonna find me hanging upside in your bathroom without my batbelt on"
GL Stewart - "... did you really have to bring last friday into this?"
Batman- "just gimme the damn ring." even with the GL ring he is not beating king thor or genis. gl rings are powerful but superboy prime show killing a gl is not all that hard and king thor and genis is up there or better then superboy prime. so yes bats is still died big grin all he got is his lil motherbox he still could lose with that SS king thor and GENIS to much for bats period

mighty adam
Originally posted by jbsuperbat
batman with 5 days prep could take anybody on this list silver surfer and genis would be tough but the bat always pulls through he took down superman which can take down any of these guys batman is really the best hero there is always ahead of his opponents and its in gotham come on lol superman could not take down all these guy lol. superman has had a hard time with the hulk now you saying he would beat ss rtk thor or genis fanboys its sad. rolling on floor laughing

Metalmanx
Originally posted by mighty adam
lol superman could not take down all these guy lol. superman has had a hard time with the hulk now you saying he would beat ss rtk thor or genis fanboys its sad. rolling on floor laughing

Thank you for being knowledgable.

Juntai
Originally posted by bigbran
well if bats gets the motherbox with prep, then that means in other threads thanos should get ig with prep. doesnt that make sence? Not really, Batman actually has access to the motherbox, the watchtower, the titans tower, and all that with prep, Thanos does not when it comes to the IG. He can't simply teleport or fly over to his base and get it at any time.

Big Sexy
Not really, Batman actually has access to the motherbox, the watchtower, the titans tower, and all that with prep, Thanos does not when it comes to the IG. He can't simply teleport or fly over to his base and get it at any time. But the same can be said of reed Richards, He has acess to the ultimate nullifer and has used it to remake the multiverse.
Nullifier>>>>>>motherbox

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
But the same can be said of reed Richards, He has acess to the ultimate nullifer and has used it to remake the multiverse.
Nullifier>>>>>>motherbox No it's not. Motherbox can control ANY tech, talks with The Source of creation, and has been used remake the universe. smile

And also, how often has Reed used it? Is it out of character for him to pull it out?
For Batman, it's not in the case of motherbox. It's unlikely, but certaintly viable with prep.

Big Sexy
Ultimate nullifer killed a multiverse destroying entity and then remade the entire multiverse in the hands of reed richards
Creating a multiverse> creating a universe

Big Sexy
No it's not. Motherbox can control ANY tech, talks with The Source of creation, and has been used remake the universe. smile

And also, how often has Reed used it? Is it out of character for him to pull it out?
For Batman, it's not in the case of motherbox. Yes I do for the first statement. The Tyrant was a entity who could control any tech which was said on a few panels. This is why he was beating galactus in their fight, he took hold of Galactus's energy convertor and used it to siphon the powers of Galactus yet Morg( who is pretty dumb) destroyed tyrant with the nullifier. Tyrant ( who was said to have control on any tech) could not overcome the nullifier.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by bherrle
May I point out that Dr. Doom has outsmarted Surfer? Why couldn't Batman? ...

Because Doctor Doom is a lot smarter then Batman.

Big Sexy
No it's not. Motherbox can control ANY tech, talks with The Source of creation, and has been used remake the universe. smile

For Batman, it's not in the case of motherbox. It's unlikely, but certaintly viable with prep. See the ultimate nullifer is stronger depending on the wielder, Thats why Galactus is afraid of it, besides himself, Reed is the only person shown to be able to use it properly.

Juntai
Ultimate nullifer killed a multiverse destroying entity and then remade the entire multiverse in the hands of reed richards
Creating a multiverse> creating a universe What the **** are you debating? I'm lost.

Are you not on what's greater, the nullifier, or the motherbox?
That's a little off topic, for the sake of it.
Batman takes control of Reeds nullifier with the motherbox, and then rebuilds a big bang inside of his stomach with his own weapon, causing him suddenly expand way . . .way . . way beyond his limits.

OK?
Get off that now.

The point is, Batman does have access to motherbox, and it is NOT out of character for him to use it, as we've seen him using it.

With prep, it's perfectly reasonable to believe he'd use it, knowing what he's up against in these situations.

OK?

Big Sexy
What the **** are you debating? I'm lost.

Batman takes control of Reeds nullifier with the motherbox, and then rebuilds a big bang inside of his stomach with his own weapon, causing him suddenly expand way . . .way . . way beyond his limits.

OK?
Get off that now.

The point is, Batman does have access to motherbox, and it is NOT out of character for him to use it, as we've seen him using it.

With prep, it's perfectly reasonable to believe he'd use it, knowing what he's up against in these situations.

OK? Read the above statement dude. My point is that devices like these should not be cosidered all the time considering Batman is not the only one who has a toy like that.

You said- Motherbox remade a universe
Well- Ultimate nullifier remade a multiverse

He cant take it over because others have tried who have been said to have control on all tech.

Juntai
Yes I do for the first statement. The Tyrant was a entity who could control any tech which was said on a few panels. This is why he was beating galactus in their fight, he took hold of Galactus's energy convertor and used it to siphon the powers of Galactus yet Morg( who is pretty dumb) destroyed tyrant with the nullifier. Tyrant ( who was said to have control on any tech) could not overcome the nullifier. But Tyrants power is of Galactus, who is also below the Nullifier. The Source, which is where Motherbox draws these abilities, is far beyond both of them. Tyrant obviously can't control any tech as you just pointed out, motherbox hasn't been displayed as faulty.

Juntai
Read the above statement dude. Read the rebuttle dude.

Big Sexy
Dude not really. I dont buy into the whole source so its greater bull, The ultimate nullifer itself has not been proven to be able to be taken over so its basically at a standstill.

Big Sexy
In the hands of Read richards, the nullifier was able to rebuild Multi- eternity which is the multiversal eternity and kill abraxus who was said to be the death of the multiverse.

Juntai
Dude not really. I dont buy into the whole source so its greater bull, The ultimate nullifer itself has not been disproven to be able to be taken over so its basically at a standstill. Oh well, I don't require you to admit defeat, I'm just telling you, motherbox's power is the The Source's power manifest.

But in the meantime, I'll go ahead and take on the whole: Why would Batman be able to use motherbox and not Reed use the nullifier?

Well, lets take a look at the forum rules shall we?

Standard Equipment

Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Lets refer back to the fact JLA watchtower not only has motherboxes, or that New Gods with motherboxes are reserve members of the team .. .but was BUILT by celestial technology itself. Given prep, it's perfectly reasonable he could produce one of the devices, as he has done before. Meanwhile it is out of character for Reed to randomly use the Nullifier against an enemy.

Metalmanx
What the **** are you debating? I'm lost.

OK?
Get off that now.

OK?

However, since these matches are purely hypothetical, there is no "in-character" aspects to worry about here. It's just whether one character can beat the other character by doing whatever they can in their power.

So, in short, if Reed has access to the Ultimate Nullifier and it's the only way to win, then he will use it. Out of character or not.

Big Sexy
Oh well, I don't require you to admit defeat, I'm just telling you, motherbox's power is the The Source's power manifest.

But in the meantime, I'll go ahead and take on the whole: Why would Batman be able to use motherbox and not Reed use the nullifier?

Well, lets take a look at the forum rules shall we?

Standard Equipment

Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Lets refer back to the fact JLA watchtower not only has motherboxes, or that New Gods with motherboxes are reserve members of the team .. .but was BUILT by celestial technology itself. Given prep, it's perfectly reasonable he could produce one of the devices, as he has done before. Meanwhile it is out of character for Reed to randomly use the Nullifier against an enemy. True but read has been shown to keep it around, he just rarely uses it. Anyway my only point for this was I hate the whole idea of well he has the motherbox so he wins. I hate PIS moves on behalf of others because they know the character really has no chance. I just wanted to show that Reed himself keeps it stored and has access to it, but I wll not bring that up just because Reeds in a loosing fight.

Juntai
True but read has been shown to keep it around, he just rarely uses it. Anyway my only point for this was I hate the whole idea of well he has the motherbox so he wins. I hate PIS moves on behalf of others because they know the character really has no chance. I just wanted to show that Reed himself keeps it stored and has access to it, but I wll not bring that up just because Reeds in a loosing fight. I agree, it is sort of a cheap way out to be used as frequently as it is... but alas, it's a viable debate, by the rules. He has access to them, and it's not out of character to use one. When.. for Reed, it is.

I'm not the one that brought up the motherbox, I'm just telling you why people use it. Especially in a 'prep' debate.

Blair Wind
Batman has a mother box?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by bherrle
May I point out that Dr. Doom has outsmarted Surfer? Why couldn't Batman?

Oh, please. Just because Doom outsmarted Surfer in one particular occasion (you're claiming this; I don't remember it), doesn't mean that Batman automatically will, and furthermore, win in a fight with him.

Because that would be ridiculous.

DarkCrawler
Yep. And Doom is leagues more intelligent then Bats. yes

batdude123
But the same can be said of reed Richards, He has acess to the ultimate nullifer and has used it to remake the multiverse.
Nullifier>>>>>>motherbox

Yeah, all Reed has to do is find Uatu and ask him to borrow it. no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yep. And Doom is leagues more intelligent then Bats. yes

Yeah, well Namor is a PUNK!!! stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
http://www.willamette.edu/~mharker/comics/random/nope.gif

Metalmanx
http://www.willamette.edu/~mharker/comics/random/nope.gif

...DC, you're my hero. Happy Dance

DarkCrawler
I have that effect on people. cool

Rols
With all these Motherbox mombojumbo, How come Darkseid doesnt use it? He could take over the freakin universe if wanted to with this tech. Im pretty sure if he doesnt have one he could get one.

batdude123
Originally posted by Rols
With all these Motherbox mombojumbo, How come Darkseid doesnt use it? He could take over the freakin universe if wanted to with this tech. Im pretty sure if he doesnt have one he could get one.

Wow, that was random. blink

Rols
Thats right, sometimes im that way big grin .

Mider
the thing is that the JLA memebers have specified weaknesses does anyone in the MU have spesified weaknesses, green lantern=needs to think, martian manhunter=fire and so on and so on. He'd have to be as smart as doom to beat these guys with prep

MrHeavySilence
With the help of Squirrel Girl, Batman reigns supreme on the MU.

Up In Flames
Damn, I like Batman, but he loses most of those fights...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
With the help of Squirrel Girl, Batman reigns supreme on the MU. Well duh. Squirrel Girl has beaten Doom, Giganto, Thanos...

Dinalfos
Alright, dammit! This whole Batman preptime charade has to stop Please!

MrHeavySilence
Well duh. Squirrel Girl has beaten Doom, Giganto, Thanos...

Oh man, imagine if Squirrel Girl was in the DC Universe. Theoretically, a Justice League or a JSA wouldn't even exist. Squirrel Girl would have kicked every villain's diabolical ass to the point of retirement.

DarkCrawler
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.