Cortana Letters: Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
ever heard of the Cortana letters, they're really wierd and were sent by someone inside bungie calling themself Cortana heres the link
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/cortana.html it's really wierd and quotes halo 3, by the way all of them were written in 1999, before halo was made, but it was in the making,

NineCoronas
Originally posted by The big EH
ever heard of the Cortana letters, they're really wierd and were sent by someone inside bungie calling themself Cortana heres the link
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/cortana.html it's really wierd and quotes halo 3, by the way all of them were written in 1999, before halo was made, but it was in the making, You are the Deano of the Computer Games Section.

The big EH
what? blink

DarkC
Very intriguing...

The big EH
i know i think "there's a fourth" refers to the fourth prophet, i read somewhere that there might be a fourth, and i'm pretty sure the prophets ride on hover chairs so they could be possibly called an island, so thats what the fourth island could be

ChakraStrings
Normally, I'd think it was just some fan but when it reads:
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:50:20 -0600

that's what really puzzles me.

The big EH
i know

NineCoronas
Foreshadowing by Bungie intentionally for the Halo releases, considering a lot of what the letters had said, in a prophetically cryptic way, have unfolded in the Halo universe - also, the trailer contains the same words, spoken by Cortana "This is how the world ends".

ChakraStrings
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Foreshadowing by Bungie intentionally for the Halo releases, considering a lot of what the letters had said, in a prophetically cryptic way, have unfolded in the Halo universe - also, the trailer contains the same words, spoken by Cortana "This is how the world ends".

That is really strange, but I must agree with you. Perhaps this "Cortana Letters" does have Bungie behind it all, (or some really 1337 hacker).

But what I must disagree with your statement is that, this is before Halo 1 was even released, and that Bungie was probably still developing some more things to it... so why would they release something like that? Maybe they were actually just quoting this "Cortana" because the things she/he said could actually make some pretty cool statements. Basically, I doubt we'll ever know the truth behind this, but take into mind that Bungie was in still developing Halo 1, they could've been thinking about a Halo 2 but a Halo 3? Perhaps if another one of Cortana's letters show up, some light may be shone, until then we'll just have to keep on guessing.

NineCoronas
Halo was originally being developed for the PC and a trailer was released for it late 2000. The letters came out in 1999. Not a long stretch - and because Bungie likes to have fun. I'ts not that strange to be honest, and it generates some 'hype' and interest in the Halo series in general. Not far-fetched.

Sin Harvest
Or maybe they wanted to add in a lot of things from Halo 2 into Halo: Combat Evolved but couldn't for time and space. Who knows.

SpadeKing
no that actually preceded the announcment of the first Haloermm
and the name for Cortana came from the sword Cortana so that basically was someone working with the developement of Halo

The big EH
actually the swords name i believe was spelled differently and it was deffinatly someone inside Bungie, i think though that at that time they were laying out the whole story for Halo so maybe "cortana" was one of the people inside the halo project and wanted a way to release info, who ever it was it's someone really friggin smart

NineCoronas
There is a wikipedia entry, but look at this way:

Bungie can use it to generate "hub-bub"; about it, or general interest in their projects. The Cortana letters forsee the Halo Trilogies in a cryptic, prophetic fashion.

Bungie has said that the Halo stories are just well-fleshed out "notes" of their complete history of the Halo universe, which would imply that it has "Been around" for a while. To top this, almost a full year of development has gone on in their cycle without actually announcing it's existance. This proves that they may or may not've kept themselves tight-lipped for the same length or less or more about the original Halo - they could've been working on it in 1999 when the letter's came out. It isn't far-fetched.

The big EH
i know they were working on it in 99

H. S. 6
Halo was originally being developed for the PC and a trailer was released for it late 2000. The letters came out in 1999. Not a long stretch - and because Bungie likes to have fun. I'ts not that strange to be honest, and it generates some 'hype' and interest in the Halo series in general. Not far-fetched.
There is a wikipedia entry, but look at this way:

Bungie can use it to generate "hub-bub"; about it, or general interest in their projects. The Cortana letters forsee the Halo Trilogies in a cryptic, prophetic fashion.

Bungie has said that the Halo stories are just well-fleshed out "notes" of their complete history of the Halo universe, which would imply that it has "Been around" for a while. To top this, almost a full year of development has gone on in their cycle without actually announcing it's existance. This proves that they may or may not've kept themselves tight-lipped for the same length or less or more about the original Halo - they could've been working on it in 1999 when the letter's came out. It isn't far-fetched.

NineCoronas FTW.

NineCoronas
Originally posted by H. S. 6
NineCoronas FTW. WTY.

H. S. 6
WTY.

NP, NC.

NineCoronas
NP, NC. laughing out loud

The big EH
i'm gonna stand here and pretend i'm not confused

MadMel
rofl....this is fairly interesting...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by The big EH
i'm gonna stand here and pretend i'm not confused

NC understands.

NineCoronas
NC understands. YID.

The big EH
wat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.