Iceman vs. X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phase
OK, Bobby has finally realised his potential, and so ensues on world domination. However, the proffesor having read his thoughts, summons the X-men to his aid to stop this evil bobby......i.e. kill him! However, with Iceman's ability for his consciousness to inhabit any water molecule and jump from one to another within a nanometer, how are they going to completely defeat him?

The prof realises he has 30 mins time b4 Bobby decides to leave the mansion. He can stock up on supplies for 15 minutes (anything which the mansion may hold e.g. science stuff, danger room weapons), and then use the remaining 15 mins to summon 3 other x-men (5 mins each - u no he needs to catch up wiith them!! wink ). The ones in telepathic and time range are:-

Wolverine
Jean
Pyro
Rouge
Storm

I have a possible answer, smokin' however, it is very "un-comic-book-like", so I would like to see what u make of the matter?

capt it up
jean easiliy defeat's ice man her self while the other sitt there and laugh

phase
How? Sure she can rip each molecule apart - but he is still ALIVE and so could float innocently away...and reform!! BANG!! the world is dead!! (just a little exaggeration there), but u get my point!!

Soljer
It depends on how telepathy works on an unembodied consciousness. He doesn't have the traditional 'mind,' so, could he still be mind controlled? If so, the Professor could make him stop whatever he is doing just like that.

batdude123
Jean takes this alone. With her Phoenix potential she would easily mind rape Bobby and make him think that he was a chicken or something.

Validus
Iceman wins and nobody can convince me otherwise. jockey

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Iceman wins and nobody can convince me otherwise. jockey

HA HA HE HE HO HO. no expression

Blair Wind
wellllllll. If we take what GS says about Pheonix at face value, then all omega level mutants have the potential to become a part of the pheonix. Telepathy is the only weakness I can think of him having, however in his spread out form I am not sure if his mind would be in once concentrated area. They might not be able to mind rape him that way.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
wellllllll. If we take what GS says about Pheonix at face value, then all omega level mutants have the potential to become a part of the pheonix. Telepathy is the only weakness I can think of him having, however in his spread out form I am not sure if his mind would be in once concentrated area. They might not be able to mind rape him that way.

You smell. no expression

Blair Wind
thank you I bought a new cologne....your girl loves it wink

ExodusCloak
Question why doesn't Xavier just mind-rape Bobby before he can split into his scattered molecular form.

batdude123
thank you I bought a new cologne....your girl loves it wink

mad So she likes the smell of BO? stick out tongue

lilnutta12
phoenix potential ultimate mind rape drake as the other 1 said thinks he is a chicken

or drake freezes the f=ck out of them not realising rogue is around who absorbs his powers dryyyyyyyyy

Soljer

Exactly, it depends on the way telepathy works on this level. A question for which I haven't seen an absolute answer...

Rewmac
Pyro and Storm distracts Iceman, Rogue sneaks tkaes his powers and Jean just finishes him off...

Broly92
Rouge touches the molecules in the air and takes his power

TheKahn

She seems to have a hard time even telling where he is, much less be able to attack him in any way....shifty

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/1770/xmenforever5p227kd.th.jpg

Validus
Originally posted by Broly92
Rouge touches the molecules in the air and takes his power

Blair Wind
no expression

Broly92
I thought he can become a water moleculs then and spread himself so
pokey blow

Blair Wind
He becomes part of water. He resides in vapors. But he himself does not create the vapor (at least not when he spreads himself out, he CAN create it if he wanted to) Thats why, at least imo, the sentinals could not detect him in that form. He has no form, no dna, no one single entity known as a brain, or heart, everything is spread out. So no....Rouge passing her hands through thin air is not going to do anything...

Broly92
Oh then either Jean mind rapes or X-men go down hard

Blair Wind
Thats just the problem. From that position of his, its speculation as to whether telepathy would work or not. I myself think no, only because his entity is so spread out that locating the part that controls it all would be staggering in precision and power. Just my two cents.

Broly92
Him good question nice sig is that Sub-Zero

Blair Wind
yea

Broly92
Sweet he is my favorite MK character but that is off topic

batdude123
Mine's Johnny Cage. smokin'

Broly92
I liked him when I was a kid and he died in the second movie I was scarred for life

Rewmac
Guess what?? Scorpion and Sub-Zero ohhh yeah can't choose the more games the more favourites every game has a different character workout. For Deception I like Kobra and Baraka.

batdude123
Mine:

1)Johnny
2)Raiden b*tches! rock
3)Sub-Zero
4)Smoke
5)Kobra
6)Baraka

Big Sexy
mine
1. Shang
2. Quan- chi
3. Raiden
4. Scorpion
5. Baraka
6. Sub Zero

Broly92
1. Sup-Zero
2.Scorpian
3. Raiden
4.Jhonny

Big Sexy
Originally posted by batdude123
Mine:

1)Johnny
2)Raiden b*tches! rock
3)Sub-Zero
4)Smoke
5)Kobra
6)Baraka
Batdude I have a question. I know your an avid reader of Batman but I have stopped reading Batman after the first year 1 book. What made Jason Todd turn from a punisher like badass to Nightwing 2 and Two-face is Two-face again isn't he?

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
jean easiliy defeat's ice man her self while the other sitt there and laugh

Co-signed wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Batdude I have a question. I know your an avid reader of Batman but I have stopped reading Batman after the first year 1 book. What made Jason Todd turn from a punisher like badass to Nightwing 2 and Two-face is Two-face again isn't he?

I didn't see about Red Hood, but yes Two-Face is back.

phase
OK, biggest argument so far is....can either prof X or jean "mind rape" him?...........the answer is..........yes, but not in the usual way. For Bobby does not have a brain, and so he does not "think" (like a starfish), he moves himself through his hydrokenesis and his consciousness just controls the movements. So, he can not be killed by "mind raping", but his consciouseness can sure b targeted and put in suspension, especially by Prof. X.

SO, tht works, and is the first part of my answer smokin' , I still have the rest, but like i said very "un-comic book like", so now with this sorted out, can anyone venture an argument............to completely destroy him?

Sea King
Originally posted by phase
OK, biggest argument so far is....can either prof X or jean "mind rape" him?...........the answer is..........yes, but not in the usual way. For Bobby does not have a brain, and so he does not "think" (like a starfish), he moves himself through his hydrokenesis and his consciousness just controls the movements. So, he can not be killed by "mind raping", but his consciouseness can sure b targeted and put in suspension, especially by Prof. X.

SO, tht works, and is the first part of my answer smokin' , I still have the rest, but like i said very "un-comic book like", so now with this sorted out, can anyone venture an argument............to completely destroy him?

i can human tourch come in and drys every ounce of moysture on earth big grin

phase
Originally posted by Sea King
can human tourch come in and drys every ounce of moysture on earth big grin

ahem....well pyro is there....? GOd! ppl r rele following my answer quite well, but for the final bit, pyro mite be neede for somethin else. (but remeber evaporating water - its still water)

Sea King
(but remeber evaporating water - its still water)

yeah but why stop at evaporating it

phase
Umm...how do i say this... heating water means the water molecules get more KE. energy and so move apart more, this is why it becomes water vapor, but even at 6000degrees it is still a water molecule, and so Bobby can still LIVE in it.

phase
The main problem is getting other water molecules away, and then somehow destroying (or manipulating) the water molecules that Iceman's consciousness is inhabiting....

I have my way, which I will give l8r on, but it is very cheap, and so I really want to see if anyone else has something better?

ExodusCloak
Well since it doesn't state that Bobby starts off in his vapour form, there's enough time for Xavier to shut him down as soon as he learns of Bobby's plans.

stormfront13
what about electrolysis? it's happened to his ice-slides in the past. jean and rogue distract him and pyro and storm perform electrolysis.

Blair Wind
ice slides =concentrated effort, a solid. Can they really do that to an invisible enemy that can be literally anywhere, including inside them?

stormfront13
ice slides =concentrated effort, a solid. Can they really do that to an invisible enemy that can be literally anywhere, including inside them?

we know iceman isn't starting out inside them...and he's walking out of the mansion so he won't be water-vapor. so yes, with xavier getting time to think then they can pull it off.

Soljer
Electrolysis, especially of H2O, takes time. As soon as a plan like that goes into effect, a few molecules of his ice may turn to its base components, but immeditely after, he could go straight to mist form, or even inhabit the water molecules inside any of the X-men. And then project his powers from the safety of being inside...say....Professor X.

ExodusCloak
How is electrolysis going to help anyway? If Iceman is heated he changes to water vapour, if he's heated even more he'll change to H and O atoms.
The Products of Electrolysis in Water are O2 and H2, where Hydroxyl Ions go to the Anode and H+ go to the cathode. Iceman can already exist as O2 and H2 therefore it won't do anything.
Also what's stopping him from removing all the moisture there bodies? Thats should kill them all.

However the rules of this thread do not state that Drake starts off in his vapour form. Meaning a Telepath can take him out before he gets the chance to change state.

stormfront13
electrolysis has been used on him before, and there's also the telepath. he does get taken out

Blair Wind
Not totally convinced. Electrolysis would take to long and by that time he could make himself mist form (and the funny part is no one would notice, he could keep his "body" in place and animate it from the air) As an X-man he should have some resistence to telepathy, and then again how does telepathy work on a creature with no brain? only ice?

Soljer
He has existed as Hydrogen and Oxygen? Separately? Since when?

If that were true, he would theoretically be able to exist in ANY element, since Elements are more or less conglomerations of hydrogen nuclei.

Regardless of that, does bobby start out in his Ice-form? If he's trekking through the mansion, he knows that the professor and Jean are amazing telepaths (he has, you know...been an X-man for quite some time), he would likely already be iced. And if he is iced, he doesn't have a brain, and that leads us back to the problem of us not knowing exactly how telepathy works on something without a mind.

ExodusCloak
Not totally convinced. Electrolysis would take to long and by that time he could make himself mist form (and the funny part is no one would notice, he could keep his "body" in place and animate it from the air) As an X-man he should have some resistence to telepathy, and then again how does telepathy work on a creature with no brain? only ice?

Emma has used her telepathy on Bobby when he was iced up. Remember when he tried to force her to help him learn about his powers?

Also how do you resist having your subconscionous reflexes shut down? It's one thing to resist mind control and probing it's another to resist having your brain shut off. IMO if you're not a telepath there's no way you can resist having your subconscience reflexes shut off.I have more proof on this regarding Wolverine(Who's suppose to be extremly resistant to Telepathy.) In HoM#2 Emma stops instantly because she messes with his subconscience reflexes.(I'll post a scan in a half and hour.)

phase
Wow electrolysis, hadn't seen tht, well now thts definitely along the lines of what I thought. I had Dr X. shut him down rouge nick his powers, and force all the water molecules surrounding him a away. Then Pyro along with a huge supply of potassium throws it into a melted unconscious bobby, and satrts heating things up, so they react making hydrogen and potassium hydroxide....soon with enough potassium no water molecules can exist, and so the consciousness of booby can not exist and so enters "heaven". For, he can only inhabit water molecules (not H or O atoms/molecules). So, I think either electrolysis or my original idea are plausible. Just which is simpler? Or has anyone thought of a more "comic" way?

ExodusCloak
There you go:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2473/telepathy5ot.jpg

All 7 people in that room rendered useless in an instant.(Resistance doesn't help when your subconscience reflexes are being screwed with.)

Then again I don't recall Jean ever using her abilities in such a creative way.

H. S. 6
If Iceman were to realize his full potential wouldn't he become one with the Phoenix; therefore, on par with Jean.

Blair Wind
basically erm

Sea King
Umm...how do i say this... heating water means the water molecules get more KE. energy and so move apart more, this is why it becomes water vapor, but even at 6000degrees it is still a water molecule, and so Bobby can still LIVE in it.

im beatin a supernova from human tourch would take care of that (well and the planet but still)

thats why i said he would come in and take care of it eairler

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
There you go:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2473/telepathy5ot.jpg

All 7 people in that room rendered useless in an instant.(Resistance doesn't help when your subconscience reflexes are being screwed with.)

Then again I don't recall Jean ever using her abilities in such a creative way.

You mean like in NXM when the Shiar were attacking and she directed the visitors to safety? I think there were 75 people at the time.

Anyhow, as far as TP is concerned...

Regardless of where Bobby's consciousness resides (whether here or the astral plane), it's still a consciousness, which can be affected by telepaths. As far as I know, there isn't anything canon to contradict this. He still has to use his power in some way, and it's totally possible for Jean to turn off his mutant ability. And what techniques are Bobby going to use to keep Jean out of his mind?

And no, Bobby wouldn't become one with Phoenix.

Blair Wind
if we take GS essays (which make sense) then yes he does

In aoa molecular inversion (what his mist form is called) is painful to everyone but him. Why? My conclusion is that their brains (their essense) are being stretched and pulled apart, and none can handle it but Iceman.

also in another scan Jean cannot locate Iceman when he states he is "everywhere"

Now jean has her telepathy and its as much a part of her senses as her eyes and ears. Im sure if she could have pinpointed him, she wouldnt have asked that question.

Cosmic Flame
if we take GS essays (which make sense) then yes he does

In aoa molecular inversion (what his mist form is called) is painful to everyone but him. Why? My conclusion is that their brains (their essense) are being stretched and pulled apart, and none can handle it but Iceman.

also in another scan Jean cannot locate Iceman when he states he is "everywhere"

Now jean has her telepathy and its as much a part of her senses as her eyes and ears. Im sure if she could have pinpointed him, she wouldnt have asked that question.
When was this?

xmarksthespot
X-Men: Forever.

Cosmic Flame
Which issue?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by TheKahn
She seems to have a hard time even telling where he is, much less be able to attack him in any way....shifty

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/1770/xmenforever5p227kd.th.jpg Whichever one this one is ^.

phase
Well, I still think that telepathy would work on him - coz even in tht ^ he still communicates to Jean tht he is "everywhere"! So, ye either TP followed by removement of water molecules from rouge, then either electrolysis or a large lump of potassium, i think both answer this question.

But let's say the X-men had no prep time, to get supplies. Bobby is leaving the mansion and training in the grounds outside are:-

Pyro
Strom
WOlverine
Colossus
SHadowcat
Nightcrawler
Proffesor X
Cyclops
ROuge
Magma

Could he be stopped permanently now?

xmarksthespot
When he says everywhere it isn't telepathy it's out loud. There's no indication there that when his consciousness is widely dispersed telepathy can be used on him. Electrolysis isn't going to work considering they can't tell where he is and he can turn from vapour to liquid to solid and back. If his consciousness is dispersed in all the ambient water it would all have to be ionised to kill him, and that would likely to include the water vapour in their own lungs. Additionally he can just drain the water from their bodies...

So in terms of those characters you put forth, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolverine and Cyclops can do nothing as their powers are physical, Rogue is also useless as her nonphysical power can't be used on him, and if this is SunfireRogue, she Magma and Pyro are useless too. That leaves Storm who can try and attack him to no avail and the Professor who can try an attack a disembodied, dispersed consciousness which no one has yet shown possible on Iceman.

Rols
Jeans summon the Phoenix and destroys the Milkie way Galaxy, end of story.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
You mean like in NXM when the Shiar were attacking and she directed the visitors to safety? I think there were 75 people at the time.

Granted Jean is powerful.
But that's not being creative that's just means she's really good at basic mind control.
Screwing with the brains functions IMO is a far more interesting feat then mere probing and mind control. Auto-cloaking, bypassing telepathic blockers messing with the biological functions of the body. All of these are far more interesting then mind control and probing.

Anyway...

TP works on Bobby when he's in his Ice form. Not sure about his vapour/liquid form, but since the thread doesn't state that Bobby starts off in his vapour form he'll get mind wiped before he can do anything.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1340/uncannyxmen331large151ea.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6811/uncannyxmen331large167ld.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4707/uncannyxmen331large173up.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4436/uncannyxmen331large189eq.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6817/uncannyxmen331large190kp.jpg

xmarksthespot
I don't think he needs to change into a vapour form per se. He can simply transfer or disperse his consciousness to another body of water he's in contact with (or maybe even not in contact with) i.e. the ambient atmosphere leaving behind an ice 'husk' so to speak. The thread says he's reached his full nigh-unlimited potential.

And yes I'd agree making a crowd of annoying protesters orgasm is a far more creative way to use telepathy.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't think he needs to change into a vapour form per se. He can simply transfer or disperse his consciousness to another body of water he's in contact with (or maybe even not in contact with) i.e. the ambient atmosphere leaving behind an ice 'husk' so to speak. The thread says he's reached his full nigh-unlimited potential.

And yes I'd agree making a crowd of annoying protesters orgasm is a far more creative way to use telepathy.

In that case they all die...Iceman wins.

Cosmic Flame
All that scan shows is that Jean asked a question. It didn't say that she tried to find him via TP and that she couldn't. She has a telepathic rapport with Scott, yet she asks him if he's there sometimes. I have yet to see any evidence that TP wouldn't work on him if his mind is disembodied. As I said before, it's still a mind.

ExodusCloak
All that scan shows is that Jean asked a question. It didn't say that she tried to find him via TP and that she couldn't. She has a telepathic rapport with Scott, yet she asks him if he's there sometimes.

So making people stand still is more creative than making them move and masking their minds to the danger around them? If that works for you.

Again, Jean is just displaying a common telepathic feat(Emma has displayed that kind of common feat countless of times one example is during the Onslaught Saga. ), nothing creative about that. Cutting off someones neurons is a very creative feat as is giving someone an orgasm. Screwing with the subconscience brain functions has always been more creative then common telepathic probing and mind control.

Cosmic Flame
Again, Jean is just displaying a common telepathic feat(Emma has displayed that kind of common feat countless of times one example is during the Onslaught Saga. ), nothing creative about that. Cutting off someones neurons is a very creative feat as is giving someone an orgasm. Screwing with the subconscience brain functions has always been more creative then common telepathic probing and mind control.
I suppose to me the point of what is done matters than what is actually done. Making seven people stand there while you taunt them isn't particularly impressive or creative to me, and it does nothing to really further the plot of the story. And most TPs worth their salt have manipulated neurons and synapses at one time or another. Jean's no exception. She's dulled her teammates pain during battle to keep them conscious, jumped into the mind of dying people, etc.

In the end everyone finds what they're looking for, I guess.

ExodusCloak
I suppose to me the point of what is done matters than what is actually done. Making seven people stand there while you taunt them isn't particularly impressive or creative to me, and it does nothing to really further the plot of the story. And most TPs worth their salt have manipulated neurons and synapses at one time or another. Jean's no exception. She's dulled her teammates pain during battle to keep them conscious, jumped into the mind of dying people, etc.

In the end everyone finds what they're looking for, I guess.

Maybe, but getting the job done doesn't necessarily scream creativity. If Jean and Emma were faced with the same situation both of them would utilize their powers in different ways to get the job done. Emma's method IMO would be more creative.
For example if they both had to take out a person with their TP, Emma would give them an orgasm attack until they pass out, Jean on the other hand would just go for the common approach and put them to sleep. Emma has cloaked her Hellions from Cerebro by rearranging their mutant brain signals which is a very odd feat. Emma's "Psychic Surgery Ability" is also a very odd feat for a telepath. Emma has used her abilities to study off people, I think Jean has done this aswell. That Cloaking feat Emma taught Rachel is also a very unique feat. As is her Psi-Blast which she has tweaked to suit herself. Emma has placed herself in a psychic coma in order to survive, Jean then displaced her mind into Emma's shell of a body, which I believe Xavier said is the thing most telepaths would have done if they were faced with Death.(And somehow Emma's body used telekinesis)
IMO Emma uses her TP in a far more interesting and entertaining manner.
Jean has Power, Emma has Creativity and both have skill.

Grimm22
Granted Jean is powerful.
But that's not being creative that's just means she's really good at basic mind control.
Screwing with the brains functions IMO is a far more interesting feat then mere probing and mind control. Auto-cloaking, bypassing telepathic blockers messing with the biological functions of the body. All of these are far more interesting then mind control and probing.

Anyway...

TP works on Bobby when he's in his Ice form. Not sure about his vapour/liquid form, but since the thread doesn't state that Bobby starts off in his vapour form he'll get mind wiped before he can do anything.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1340/uncannyxmen331large151ea.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6811/uncannyxmen331large167ld.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4707/uncannyxmen331large173up.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4436/uncannyxmen331large189eq.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6817/uncannyxmen331large190kp.jpg

OH! eek!

The hunt for an all new all different wolverine. Hows that going to turn out stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
1 of the girls will kiss Bobby n he will blowup cause he blushing uncontrollably. Job done.beer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.