Superboy Prime runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Superboy Prime has his armor. He also has six hours to rest. Who stops him?

1) Gilgamesh
2) Beta Ray Bill
3) Silver Surfer
4) Sersi
5) Sentinel Alan Scott
6) Exitar the Exterminator
7) Composite Superman

lilnutta12
if hes having more than a good day he may be able to k.o. ss
for a while

im not sure about exitar though sad

Thanos_1971
He sure as hell doesn't get to 7

Soujaboy
Why is Superman above Exitar?

Thanos_1971
Probably a error..

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Thanos_1971
Probably a error..

Hopefully sad

soxfn89
Doesnt get past silver surfer

MJOILNIR
He'd better not slow down or he'll never get past Sersi.

Grimm22
SS kicks him down yes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Grimm22
SS kicks him down yes

??

The same guy that punked the GL Corps, Teen Titans, and killed Superboy and, more importantly, Pre-Crisis Supes?

Nah, he might clear this bastard provided he has enough time to charge himself in a yellow sun.

Grimm22
Originally posted by DigiMark007
??

The same guy that punked the GL Corps, Teen Titans, and killed Superboy and, more importantly, Pre-Crisis Supes?

Nah, he might clear this bastard provided he has enough time to charge himself in a yellow sun.

He is still vulnuarble to Red Sun Radiation yes

batdude123
When did he beat Pre-Crisis Superman? confused

Pre-C Superman should be owning Superboy Prime's ass. yes

Skeets
Surfer stomps him if not Sentinel.

Avalonofthewind
He smacks them all down with ease.

Exitar would be the only one that could possibly beat him straight on.

Validus
No way he beats Alan.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
No way he beats Alan.

Cosigned.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Grimm22
He is still vulnuarble to Red Sun Radiation yes

Surfer can still suck out the sun energy from SB as well smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
When did he beat Pre-Crisis Superman? confused

Pre-C Superman should be owning Superboy Prime's ass. yes

Not according to IC #7.

They had flown through the remains of Krypton, which would have only weakened Earth-1 Supes, then through a red sun which presumably would have weakened them all about the same, then while Earth-1 Supes recovered, Prime beat down Pre-Crisis Supes like a red-headed stepchild before losing to Earth-1 Supes.

And this was after having been attacked by the entire Gl Corps and having just finished a fights with Black Adam, Superboy, Wonder Girl, etc. All in all, that's some Thanos-level herald pimp-smacking, if not even better.

Originally posted by Inhuman

Everyone assumes Surfer always goes to the msot effective attack first, even without prior knowledge. Sure he could do this. But it wouldn't happened before he gets owned.

Validus
I think he'd have a hard time with a non jobbing Surfer (as well as a non jobbing GL) but it's conceivable for Prime to win. Thanos has KO'd Surfer with punches and SBP is easily superior to Thanos in pure strength.

I can't see him taking down Alan at all though.

Avalonofthewind

Really? You've seen somebody pull that stunt on SBP considering that his only weakness was shown to be red sunlight or lack of exposure to a sun for years?

Interesting...

Really? You've seen somebody pull that stunt on SBP considering that his only weakness was shown to be red sunlight or lack of exposure to a sun for years?

Interesting...

I think he'd have a hard time with a non jobbing Surfer (as well as a non jobbing GL) but it's conceivable for Prime to win. Thanos has KO'd Surfer with punches and SBP is easily superior to Thanos in pure strength.

I can't see him taking down Alan at all though.

Just noticed this was Sentinel Alan and not just GL Alan. embarrasment

I can't see SS or a standard GL even starting to give this guy a hard time.

Validus
Not according to IC #7.

They had flown through the remains of Krypton, which would have only weakened Earth-1 Supes, then through a red sun which presumably would have weakened them all about the same, then while Earth-1 Supes recovered, Prime beat down Pre-Crisis Supes like a red-headed stepchild before losing to Earth-1 Supes.

And this was after having been attacked by the entire Gl Corps and having just finished a fights with Black Adam, Superboy, Wonder Girl, etc. All in all, that's some Thanos-level herald pimp-smacking, if not even better.
Kal-L didn't have Pre-Crisis strength. Only reason SBP did was because Alex juiced him up with anti matter energy.

DigiMark007
Kal-L didn't have Pre-Crisis strength. Only reason SBP did was because Alex juiced him up with anti matter energy.

Fair enough. Still an impressive string of beat-downs however.

King_Mungi
Don't forget Superboy Prime punched his way out of the Phantom Zone

DigiMark007
I still want to see how he got out of the speed force....

Inhuman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Interesting...

There is no proof showing surfer couldnt suck up his sun energy. PLUS you stated that his only weakness was red sunlight. right? Surfer can hit him with red sunlight all day if he chooses.

King_Mungi
I still want to see how he got out of the speed force....

Even before he was trapped there he speedblitzed the three Flashes.... speedblitzed them sad

bigbran
i want to know how earth 1 superman stood a chance, let alone beat him?!?!?!?

Jesse7
And SBP has retcon punches ^_^, ss could try to drain SBP, but SBP would be moving so fast that he would beat down SS 100 times before SS even knew he was being hit.

P.S. SBP is pre crisis level, his only weakness is red sun radiation, which doesnt even make him powerless, he still had enough to kill the other supes.

P.S.S. SS could try to drain SBP of his yellow sun light energy, but SS wouldn't have the time, and even if he did drain him, SBP is strong enough to cause retcons by punching the force wall.

bigbran
especially after they flew through the red sun.

Inhuman
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Don't forget Superboy Prime punched his way out of the Phantom Zone

The better question is what CANT superman/boy (any version) punch their way out of? sad roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7
And SBP has retcon punches ^_^, ss could try to drain SBP, but SBP would be moving so fast that he would beat down SS 100 times before SS even knew he was being hit. you do realize how fast surfer is?

Validus
Originally posted by bigbran
i want to know how earth 1 superman stood a chance, let alone beat him?!?!?!?
They were both depowered. A 30 year old man with Clark's physique beats a 17-18 year old kid all day, every day. Same reason SBP killed Kal-L so easy.

Avalonofthewind
There is no proof showing surfer couldnt suck up his sun energy. PLUS you stated that his only weakness was red sunlight. right? Surfer can hit him with red sunlight all day if he chooses.

The only weakness he's shown has been red sun...unfortunately SS would be KO'd or dead LONG before it took effect.

Sorry. Your cosmic savior isn't built to handle an even MORE pis character.

batdude123
Not according to IC #7.

Everyone assumes Surfer always goes to the msot effective attack first, even without prior knowledge. Sure he could do this. But it wouldn't happened before he gets owned.

So Earth 2 Superman=Pre-Crisis Superman? confused And Infinite Crisis was full of jobbing to Superboy Prime. If you look at all the crazy shit Pre-C has done (flown TRILLIONS of miles in seconds, sneezed and destroyed a solar system, used 'time altering punches', etc.) then it's pretty clear that he'd beat on Superboy Prime. erm

bigbran
They were both depowered. A 30 year old man with Clark's physique beats a 17-18 year old kid all day, every day. Same reason SBP killed Kal-L so easy. so your saying that superman can do everything that sbp did?

Jesse7
Yes I do Bigbran, SS is no slouch, but a few things to keep in mind about SS speed, when has SS ever traveled thousands of times faster in battle? Sure SS has very fast speed when traveling or dashing, but for agility means SS has never shown to go that fast.

Another thing SBP speed blitzed several speedsters at once, and he also flew through a wall that was made by the entire GL corps, I dont see SS doing this, call it jobbing if you will but its still cannon and one of SBP's feats.

Ane one more thing, SBP just has to knock SS off his board, and keep pummeling him, if SS trys to call his board back to him (which is not instantanious it does take time, which ill try to get the scans to show too) then SBP will keep punching him in different directions to keep him away from his board; if thanos can KO SS with punches, then SBP could kill SS with punches in 1/100 of the time.

Avalonofthewind
so your saying that superman can do everything that sbp did?

Infinite crisis basically thrust Kal el up into those kind of levels.

If he wasn't, he would have gotten stomped.

bigbran
Yes I do Bigbran, SS is no slouch, but a few things to keep in mind about SS speed, when has SS ever traveled thousands of times faster in battle? Sure SS has very fast speed when traveling or dashing, but for agility means SS has never shown to go that fast.

Another thing SBP speed blitzed several speedsters at once, and he also flew through a wall that was made by the entire GL corps, I dont see SS doing this, call it jobbing if you will but its still cannon and one of SBP's feats.

Ane one more thing, SBP just has to knock SS off his board, and keep pummeling him, if SS trys to call his board back to him (which is not instantanious it does take time, which ill try to get the scans to show too) then SBP will keep punching him in different directions to keep him away from his board. the thing i call jobbing about sbp is losing to superman.
and hold on there, i never said ss would beat sbp, i just said do you realize how fast ss is.

Jesse7
Avalon you and Mr. M are two of my favorite posters on this board.

Inhuman

Ane one more thing, SBP just has to knock SS off his board, and keep pummeling him, if SS trys to call his board back to him (which is not instantanious it does take time, which ill try to get the scans to show too) then SBP will keep punching him in different directions to keep him away from his board; if thanos can KO SS with punches, then SBP could kill SS with punches in 1/100 of the time.

SS can fly faster than light speed and PRECISELY hit targets with his cosmic blasts. No way is SS getting touched (without PIS or CIS) if hes going all out ESPECIALLY new upgraded surfer.

King_Mungi
Indeed when Earth 1 and Earth 2 Supermen were battling it was said their punches were causing rifts in time.

Avalonofthewind

At Primes level, it would only take 1 or 2 punches to do the job. Even cosmics weren't made to take ftl planet moving punches.

Even the "weakened" SBP currently in captivity is enough of a threat where 50 GL's and a red sun are needed just to keep the guy in check.

Avalonofthewind
Avalon you and Mr. M are two of my favorite posters on this board.

Thanks. eek! embarrasment

batdude123
Yeah, Avy's the resident Supes expert here. wink

Validus
so your saying that superman can do everything that sbp did?
I dunno how the hell you pulled that from my statement.

Skeets
Bart was gonna lay him out but he ran.Prime was not that serious he's just a Stronger Superman nothing else.

Jesse7
SBP is pre crisis level, that and his only weakness is red sun radiation, which doesn't even effect him as deadly as post crisis supes, he still has strength afterward. It takes being in a red sun or being constantly right next to one to weaken him, so saying bombarding him with red sun radiation will win the fight is a no go, unless SS is constantly bombaring SBP 24/7 with red sun radation equal to being in a red sun 24/7.

Even doing that SBP would have killed SS long before he would be affected by it.

bigbran
i like sbp, but the only explanation for superman beating him is that sbp was fighting for so long.

Validus
Ridiculous.

Can someone explain to me how a DEPOWERED Superman beating a DEPOWERED Superboy Prime means ANYTHING at all in regards to Superman's normal power level?

batdude123
SBP is pre crisis level, that and his only weakness is red sun radiation, which doesn't even effect him as deadly as post crisis supes, he still has strength afterward. It takes being in a red sun or being constantly right next to one to weaken him, so saying bombarding him with red sun radiation will win the fight is a no go, unless SS is constantly bombaring SBP 24/7 with red sun radation equal to being in a red sun 24/7.

Even doing that SBP would have killed SS long before he would be affected by it.

No. Prime was not 'sneeze away solar systems' powerful.

Skeets
Ridiculous.

Can someone explain to me how a DEPOWERED Superman beating a DEPOWERED Superboy Prime means ANYTHING at all in regards to Superman's normal power level?
Why do you even try?

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Why do you even try?
I try to understand how these leaps of logics of occur. According to this thread, Lady Shiva is more powerful than Superman because without his powers, she'd whoop his ass into next century.

batdude123
I try to understand how these leaps of logics of occur. According to this thread, Lady Shiva is more powerful than Superman because without his powers, she'd whoop his ass into next century.

That is correct. baka

bigbran
I try to understand how these leaps of logics of occur. According to this thread, Lady Shiva is more powerful than Superman because without his powers, she'd whoop his ass into next century. but superboy is more powerful than superman, and should be more durible to red son than superman.
i really dont know what your talking about....

Skeets
but superboy is more powerful than superman, and should be more durible to red son than superman.
Seriously are you like 10?

Validus
but superboy is more powerful than superman, and should be more durible to red son than superman.
You know what? **** it.

bigbran
Seriously are you like 10? ya sure. we'll go with that.

bigbran
You know what? **** it. just saying that superboy shown hes not as vunerable to supermans weaknesses.

King_Mungi
You know what? **** it.

I know what you meant, and isn't that what matters cool

Validus
just saying that superboy shown hes not as vunerable to supermans weaknesses.
I'm probably going to shoot myself for asking but what weakness are you talking about? This whole thread has basically been about red sun radiation and SBP proved just as susceptible to it as Superman did.

batdude123
I'm probably going to shoot myself for asking but what weakness are you talking about? This whole thread has basically been about red sun radiation and SBP proved just as susceptible to it as Superman did.

Didn't they also fly through a batch of kryptonite as well? jockey

King_Mungi
Didn't they also fly through a batch of kryptonite as well? jockey

The planet they landed on after going through the sun was full of kryptonite.

bigbran
I'm probably going to shoot myself for asking but what weakness are you talking about? This whole thread has basically been about red sun radiation and SBP proved just as susceptible to it as Superman did. i know, but sbp shouldnt have been as prone to supermans weaknesses.
im pretty sure your saying if they had no powers, that superman would beat sbp. because a ripped man, vs a puny kid, that the man would win.

batdude123
The planet they landed on after going through the sun was full of kryptonite.

Exactly, so Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superboy Prime. jockey herbwank

Validus
i know, but sbp shouldnt have been as prone to supermans weaknesses.
Why is that?

Skeets
Exactly, so Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superboy Prime. jockey herbwank
*sigh*Originally posted by Validus
Why is that?
Because...

King_Mungi
Because...

Best arguement ever big grin

Validus
Best of the thread at least.

Skeets
Best of the thread at least.
I try.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.