Venom(Gargan) vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2006
The newest and best Venom vs The ever loving blue-eyed Thing. I normally wuld say that Venom takes this hands down, considering he is one of my favorite villians, but I was reading the Respect Thing thread and saw some pretty impressive feats.

magneto1992
Still venom wins

Big Sexy
Gargan is not the best venom. Brock is but Garagan wins this fight.

Broly92
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Ya the original is always the best

Whittdawg92
actually, scorpion venom's pretty bad-aas.

Jyppe
Has Gargan showed any feats to put him on the old Venom's level?

jinzin
Originally posted by Jyppe
Has Gargan showed any feats to put him on the old Venom's level?

no

the best he can do is bank on the symbiote's ability to take care of buisness.. but the symbiote needs a competant host.. gargan isn't..

and nor is he the "best" venom.. WTF?

eddie was eddie always will be, that's all there is to it.

Jyppe
Right on there. It was little depressing to see Eddie boy die.. no more "slobbering times" :/.

Jinzin, you live in the States. you get the comics faar earlier than we do in here Europe. Any news from Venom/Eddie? Damm, Venom went from one of the most menacing enemies to a freaking thug.. Pfft.

Grimm22
Some info on this venom would be appreciated no expression

Wolverine2006

Thats what I thought, but either on the marvel profile or on wikipedia it said he was the most powerful.

Whittdawg92
I hate scorpions character, but I like his powers. combined with a symbiote, he should be unstoppable.

jinzin
Right on there. It was little depressing to see Eddie boy die.. no more "slobbering times" :/.

Jinzin, you live in the States. you get the comics faar earlier than we do in here Europe. Any news from Venom/Eddie? Damm, Venom went from one of the most menacing enemies to a freaking thug.. Pfft.

there's been nothing yet.. and I've been looking through EVERY title...

Grimm22
INFO ON THIS FORM OF VENOM PLEASE!!! mad

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22
INFO ON THIS FORM OF VENOM PLEASE!!! mad

Go find it yourself. We aren't your servants.

This Venom takes it 7/10. Eddie would have had 9, 10/10.

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Go find it yourself. We aren't your servants.

This Venom takes it 7/10. Eddie would have had 9, 10/10.

Oh you are my servent! miffed

Now go make me a sandwitch bitc* stick out tongue

Grimm22
Any form of venom shoud lose to Ben no expression

Why? Two words: Sonic Clap big grin

Seriously

Big Sexy

Seriously Actually he developed an immunity to sonics later on in comics because of adapting. Hes faster and the symbiot can enter bens nose, eyes or ears.

bigbran
and the sybiote could knock ben out.

Grimm22
Actually he developed an immunity to sonics later on in comics because of adapting. Hes faster and the symbiot can enter bens nose, eyes or ears.

Oh well the more you know I guess stick out tongue

Oh and Ben has no ears no expression

STUPID! mad

stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
and the sybiote could knock ben out.

In a fight no expression

Extremly doubtful

bigbran
he could enter his mouth.

bigbran
this is a hopeless sitition for ben.

Grimm22
this is a hopeless sitition for ben.

Only because of the symbiote no expression

But if thats the case why didnt it just do that to Spidey What the f**k?

jinzin

Seriously

ALOT OF WORDS:

venoms' faster than a speedin bullet.. thing wouldn't have the chance...

the only reason why I say thing wins this is because it's NOT eddie-venom... the current venom suit is self propellent and just uses hosts for it's own purposes instead of attempting to bond with them like it did eddie... the bonding is what allowed eddie to take class 100 shots... the new hosts don't need the symbiote to survive like eddie did and are easily discouraged even when hit by spiderman punches... it causes the symbiosis to lose it's hold on the host.. a couple hits from thing and gargan isn't venom anymore.. he's gargan cause his fear will have caused rejection to the symbiote the same way angelo did to it when spiderman was hitting him....

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
ALOT OF WORDS:

venoms' faster than a speedin bullet.. thing wouldn't have the chance...

Speed isnt really going to do Venom any good, considering he cant really hurt Ben with his strength levels no expression

jinzin
Only because of the symbiote no expression

But if thats the case why didnt it just do that to Spidey What the f**k?

well for one the current venom isn't brock.. = not as crafty or intelligent..

second.. when it was brock and he DID to it to thing he refused to kill spiderman however because he new spiderman would save innocent lives in the future even if he was not pure himself....

jinzin
Speed isnt really going to do Venom any good, considering he cant really hurt Ben with his strength levels no expression

you didn't read the rest of that post did you.. and yeah it would do him a ot of good cause if the symbiote was utilized to it's fullest potential.. well.. that's how thing would go down...

Grimm22
well for one the current venom isn't brock.. = not as crafty or intelligent..

second.. when it was brock and he DID to it to thing he refused to kill spiderman however because he new spiderman would save innocent lives in the future even if he was not pure himself....

So essentially Eddie Brock Venom can defeat anybody who isnt a cosmic level or above no expression

Big Sexy
Oh well the more you know I guess stick out tongue

Oh and Ben has no ears no expression

STUPID! mad

stick out tongue Well I was just thinking of openings for the symbiot to get in. Forgot about the ear.
Anyway venom has shown strong and durable enough to go toe to toe with juggs for a bit so he ha the strength and durability
Camouflage would be a problem for ben,
the symbiot can enters is any open areas in his body,
Venom has the speed advantage.

Grimm22
you didn't read the rest of that post did you.. and yeah it would do him a ot of good cause if the symbiote was utilized to it's fullest potential.. well.. that's how thing would go down...

Well I understand that speed is going to prevent Ben from hurting Venom, im not deieing that. Heck im not even saying that Ben wins this no expression

Im just saying that with a strength level of only 25 tons. It really isnt going to do much against Ben

jinzin
So essentially Eddie Brock Venom can defeat anybody who isnt a cosmic level or above no expression

wait because eddie can beat thing he automatically has to be able to beat EVERYBODY who isn't cosmic or above? What the f**k?

Grimm22
Well I was just thinking of openings for the symbiot to get in. Forgot about the ear.
Anyway venom has shown strong and durable enough to go toe to toe with juggs for a bit so he ha the strength and durability
Camouflage would be a problem for ben,
the symbiot can enters is any open areas in his body,
Venom has the speed advantage.

Wow Venom going head to head with Juggs is just pure PIS. Im sorry but it is no expression

I mean I can see him pulling a Spidey and just jumping around him or whatnot, but in an actual fight, Juggs should own Venom like its nobodys bussiness.

Big Sexy
Well I understand that speed is going to prevent Ben from hurting Venom, im not deieing that. Heck im not even saying that Ben wins this no expression

Im just saying that with a strength level of only 25 tons. It really isnt going to do much against Ben Actually hes about class 50 and up. So is Carnage

jinzin

Im just saying that with a strength level of only 25 tons. It really isnt going to do much against Ben

that's not what it sounded like you were saying.. it sounded like you were saying thunderclap.. and I think you were...

Grimm22
wait because eddie can beat thing he automatically has to be able to beat EVERYBODY who isn't cosmic or above? What the f**k?

No no no no no, your misinterpreting what I said.

Im saying if Venom can just go inside of open pores or whatnot, then shouldnt he be able to beat nearly anyone below cosmic level no expression

Grimm22
that's not what it sounded like you were saying.. it sounded like you were saying thunderclap.. and I think you were...

Well I thought that Venom was still suseptible to sonics ok erm

batdude123

And yet, Venom has lifted up a tank before which weighs about 60-70 tons. no expression

Big Sexy
Venom developed an immunity to sonics but he still has problems with fire. Carnage developed the opposite.

bigbran
and ben has lifted...

wait what was bens best feat??!!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Grimm22
Actually hes about class 40-50. So is Carnage

Since when is this no expression

Last I checked Venom was around 25 to 30 tons in strength.

Even with that much strength, Ben is class 100 (even though Marvel refuses to admit it, although there is more than enougth evidince to prove this wink

jinzin
No no no no no, your misinterpreting what I said.

Im saying if Venom can just go inside of open pores or whatnot, then shouldnt he be able to beat nearly anyone below cosmic level no expression

no i just re-stated what you said... it had nothing to do with interpetation... and the thing is CIS.. eddie was extremely clever but we ALL know he had a SERIOUS pension for going into brawl mode when he didn't have to..

Soljer
Aye, Venom is class fifty ish, and could enter Ben's orifices if he so wished. He doesn't do so against Spiderman because...well....what would a Spiderman comic be if Spiderman died?

Big Sexy

Even with that much strength, Ben is class 100 (even though Marvel refuses to admit it, although there is more than enougth evidince to prove this wink Actually it would be more than this, This the the same guy that has lifted tanks without a problem. Never trust those handbooks, their full of Sh%t

jinzin
Venom developed an immunity to sonics but he still has problems with fire. Carnage developed the opposite.

actually he developed an immunity towards fire now as well...
i think sonics and plasma still work on venom.. just not easily as they used to.

Grimm22
and ben has lifted...

wait what was bens best feat??!!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Well a great one is when he lifted the pyramide du Louvre, which is over 95 tons without breaking a sweat! wink

Big Sexy
I have seen venom throw a truck down a block like it was a pencil. Trust me hes pretty strong.

jinzin

Even with that much strength, Ben is class 100 (even though Marvel refuses to admit it, although there is more than enougth evidince to prove this wink

since venom merged with himself.. creating a SUPER VENOM...
here:

jinzin
2:

Big Sexy
The fight with Brock would be 7-8/10. Gargan would probably loose.

jinzin
The fight with Brock would be 7-8/10. Gargan would probably loose.
yes

Grimm22
since venom merged with himself.. creating a SUPER VENOM...
here:

Wow.... just....wow no expression

jinzin
Wow.... just....wow no expression
what?

Grimm22
what?

Super Venom What the f**k?

Was that really nessecary for Marvel to make.

jinzin
Super Venom What the f**k?

Was that really nessecary for Marvel to make.

if it's not thing or wolverine getting his ass kicked grimm hates it... laughing out loud

Big Sexy
if it's not thing or wolverine getting his ass kicked grimm hates it... laughing out loud laughing

Grimm22
if it's not thing or wolverine getting his ass kicked grimm hates it... laughing out loud

No its just that, its just that, was it nessesarry to call it SUPER venom no expression

I mean, couldnt they just say its an upgrade.

jinzin
No its just that, its just that, was it nessesarry to call it SUPER venom no expression

I mean, couldnt they just say its an upgrade.

oh... no one's calling him super venom.. that's just what I call him cause it's easier to say than "venom twice as strong, durable, and powerful as he was before"...

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Aye, Venom is class fifty ish, and could enter Ben's orifices if he so wished. He doesn't do so against Spiderman because...well....what would a Spiderman comic be if Spiderman died?

Venom is listed below what he actually is. He has lifted a tank before, and tanks weigh between 60-70 tons.

Jesse7
Isn't that scan of venom merging with itself from the Marvel Ultimate comics and not the 616?

Big Sexy
oh... no one's calling him super venom.. that's just what I call him cause it's easier to say than "venom twice as strong, durable, and powerful as he was before"... Jinzin whats weird is I'm not sure what class he was at during that time. He was already going head to head with carnage who was class 50 before that. He has done some class 50 -70 feats before the upgrade.

jinzin
Originally posted by Jesse7
Isn't that scan of venom merging with itself from the Marvel Ultimate comics and not the 616?

nope... a LOT of people thought it wasn't ultimate OR 616 when the comic came out... akin with marvel knihts spidey but...

the venom ongoing series began and ended with events that were DIRECTLY related to the spiderman "the hunger" storyline which was in an ongoing spidey title.. (I THINK friendly neighborhood... but I'm not sure)... the story line for the hunger was canon... hence venom 1-18 is canon..

jinzin
Jinzin whats weird is I'm not sure what class he was at during that time. He was already going head to head with carnage who was class 50 before that. He has done some class 50 -70 feats before the upgrade.

well he's had multiple upgrades..

when he got beat up by juggy and landed into the mercury toxin he was upgraded.. even after the virus left him he still indicated that his strength and abilities had been boosted up by some degree.. THEN he absorbed the symbiote carnage and the same thing happened.. and THEN he merged with himself... the fact that he's anywhere under 50 tons is laughable by now.. I mean the guy held up a farris wheel when the symbiote was only on him by strands.. he was practically naked while lifting it.. ... and that was pre-carnage/super venom upgrades took place.

Jyppe
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Jyppe/SlobberingTime.jpg - 'nuff said smile

Gargan Venom should be stronger than the normal Venom because at one point Gargan's strength was caused by a mutation of some sort (not birth, but radiation or something).. but he seemed like a normal guy in the serie he got the symbiote.. odd.

By going on another theory, The symbiote feeds off the adrealine of the host, more adrealine = more strength. Brock's a big guy, when he gets excited the produces more adrealine than Kassidy does, but Kassidy produces adrealine constantly because he's bit ding dong.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic..

Btw, when did Venom lift a tank? And most tanks only weight 48 tons.. (Abrams that is)
Btw2, Grimm, how did you find out how much Pyramid of Louvre weights?

Jyppe
*Cough* Bump *cough*

Jyppe
Still waiting for my answer(s)...

Grimm22
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Jyppe/SlobberingTime.jpg - 'nuff said smile

Gargan Venom should be stronger than the normal Venom because at one point Gargan's strength was caused by a mutation of some sort (not birth, but radiation or something).. but he seemed like a normal guy in the serie he got the symbiote.. odd.

By going on another theory, The symbiote feeds off the adrealine of the host, more adrealine = more strength. Brock's a big guy, when he gets excited the produces more adrealine than Kassidy does, but Kassidy produces adrealine constantly because he's bit ding dong.

Btw, when did Venom lift a tank? And most tanks only weight 48 tons.. (Abrams that is)

I think I went on some offical sight for Paris or something wink

Actually I have heard that the total weight of the structure is 180 tons wink

jinzin

actually I THINK modern abhams average out at about 60 tons +... and Uhhh I've personally never seen venom throw tanks around.. though he has lifted a bulldozr over his head which is somewhere between 15-25 tons...

Jyppe
Grimm - can you get me a link?
Jinzin - 63 tons to be exact. Btw, some bulldozers can weigth a lot more than that, but I'm quite sure the one Venom lifted wasn't very big. Max 50 tons or so.

Grimm22
Grimm - can you get me a link?
Jinzin - 63 tons to be exact. Btw, some bulldozers can weigth a lot more than that, but I'm quite sure the one Venom lifted wasn't very big. Max 50 tons or so.

http://www.erco.com/en_index.htm?http://www.erco.com/projects/museum/louvre_glas_2307/en/en_louvre_glas_facts_1.htm

blind faith
this one could go either way.

This Gargan Venom isn't very bright and I don't know if he still has that sonic-weakness. If he has it and Thing is fighting 100% Venom will probably lose. Thing could sonic-clap him. Probably Venom won't go down easy but as I said if Thing is fighting 100% he will in the end win.

But I think it would differ if it were Carnage. Hey, maybe I should make a Carnage vs Thing thread...

Jyppe
Thanks Grimm, that's indeed correct. I've underestimated the Pyramid of Louvre :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.