Beta ray Bill vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
BRB

vs

Doomsday.......D.O.S

No prep ..Who wins?.....No BFR allowed

bigbran
beta

Broly92
Beta wins he is tougher than doomsday

Demonic Phoenix
None of them. They both knock each other out cold in the 1st second

guy222
BRB who beat Thor fair and square gets the nod

BRB now....prolly DOS DD

DickBlazer
Originally posted by guy222
BRB who beat Thor fair and square gets the nod

BRB now....prolly DOS DD

They both lose

JakeTheBank
Bill beats the crap out of DoS Doomsday.

Brockalizer
Depends on which Bill. If it's Storm Breaker, or Godhunter then Doomsday if f*cked. If it's Blood & Thunder, Ballad, or any other version of Bill prior to 2005 then Doomsday has a chance. IMO

-Pr-
DD puts up a fight, but by current standards I think Billl is just that bit higher.

cdtm
Beta Ray Bill, with ease.

h1a8
DD with ease.

Mshinu
BRB caves DD`s head in.

h1a8
Naw. DD is too fast, too relentless, and too durable. He kills or koes Bill in a few moments.

JakeTheBank
Not based off of any comic.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not based off of any comic.

Based off DOS.

JakeTheBank
I trust you also read comics Beta Ray Bill appears in?

h1a8
I trust you also read comics Beta Ray Bill appears in?

Yup, plenty of them and DOS DD still murders him.

JakeTheBank
Which comics were those?

And based on what exactly did DoS Doomsday show that makes you think he beats BRB "with ease"?

cdtm
Originally posted by Mshinu
BRB caves DD`s head in.

h1a8
Which comics were those?

And based on what exactly did DoS Doomsday show that makes you think he beats BRB "with ease"?

1. Killing DOS Superman.
2. Blitzing Superman along with the entire justice league before they can respond.
3. Taking thousands of Superman's blows before going down
4. Taking the entire Justice League's attacks without any damage.
5. Taking world's strongest laser (hotter than the core of the Sun) without damage.
6. Having armored piercing bullets richochet off him at full speed.
7. Having bony protrusions which will cause more damage and bleeding.

In Summary, using speed, DD will catch BRB in a serious combination. If in the highly unlikely event that BRB manages to strike DD then DD shrugs it off due to his enormous durability and continues to let BRB have the bony protrusion.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
1. Killing DOS Superman.
2. Blitzing Superman along with the entire justice league before they can respond.
5. Taking world's strongest laser (hotter than the core of the Sun) without damage.

In Summary, using speed, DD will catch BRB in a serious combination. If in the highly unlikely event that BRB manages to strike DD then DD shrugs it off due to his enormous durability and continues to let BRB have the bony protrusion.

BRB has pretty good odds against DoS Superman as well. Even mainstream Superman prior to the 52 relaunch wouldn't stomp Bill, though he'd get the majority and he'd earn it at that. And show me scans of Doomsday speedblitzing the JLA and Superman.

Not much Doomsday can do or choose to do when BRB just decides to rain spam death from above with Stormbreaker. Comparing lasers and armored piercing bullets to Bill's power output is laughable at best.

-Pr-
1. Killing DOS Superman.

1. Superman didn't technically die.
2. He had fast combat speed, but his travel speed was meh. And that was a slower Superman.
3. Proof it was thousands? and this IS DOS Superman, one that is not nearly as powerful as the current pre-reboot one.
4. Energy attacks, after he had developed a strong resistance to them.
5. It was hot. He survived it. That's not a huge feat for a herald.
6. A non-feat.
7. You'd have to prove they can pierce Bill's skin.

Combination? He's not a martial artist.

He's not shrugging off a hammer-shot to the face. Not at all.

ozz81
BB has thors feat he will overpower DD easy and he can by teleporting him to another universe like thor does with jugs adn even surtur and ymir...Or he can probably seal his soul and stop DD from being reborne again just like how i think it was greenlantern he did that with other DC allies ...But either way even if BB gets killed he to can be reborne... DD wouldnt be able to replicate odin force.

-Pr-
BB doesn't automatically get all of Thor's feats.

JakeTheBank
Bill's own feats are enough. DoS Doomsday becomes DoD Doomsday at the end of the day.

Mshinu
BRB would utterly wreck DOS Supes too. Not a pretty sight.

h1a8
BRB has pretty good odds against DoS Superman as well. Even mainstream Superman prior to the 52 relaunch wouldn't stomp Bill, though he'd get the majority and he'd earn it at that. And show me scans of Doomsday speedblitzing the JLA and Superman.

Not much Doomsday can do or choose to do when BRB just decides to rain spam death from above with Stormbreaker. Comparing lasers and armored piercing bullets to Bill's power output is laughable at best.
DD was at least 10 meters back before this happen.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/dos13.jpg

If armored piercing bullets richochet off a being AT FULL SPEED then it shows the level of the being's durability. The greater a being's physical durability then the more repellent they are of armored piercing bullets.

But again, surviving thousands of Superman punches shows that DD can take many of BRB physical strikes and keep on fighting with vigilance.

It is not the concussive power of energy blasts that do the damage, but rather the burning power. If DD can't be burned or harmed by the entire output of the entire Justice League and tanks a beam hotter than the core of a star then I don't think BRB will be harming DD well with any blasts (assuming he gets the chance to).

cdtm
Would armor piercing bullets at full speed even bother Thor? Or Thing? Hell, or even Luke Cage or Rhino?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Would armor piercing bullets at full speed even bother Thor? Or Thing? Hell, or even Luke Cage or Rhino?

Thor's already tanked armor piercing rounds, barring that incident with the sniper shot.

ozz81
yeah plus thors also been on the star where his hammer was forged which is like millions of degrees, and hence was resistant to its high temperature..

h1a8

They would bother Thor slightly (leave welts).

Originally posted by -Pr-
1. Superman didn't technically die.
2. He had fast combat speed, but his travel speed was meh. And that was a slower Superman.
3. Proof it was thousands? and this IS DOS Superman, one that is not nearly as powerful as the current pre-reboot one.
4. Energy attacks, after he had developed a strong resistance to them.
5. It was hot. He survived it. That's not a huge feat for a herald.
6. A non-feat.
7. You'd have to prove they can pierce Bill's skin.

Combination? He's not a martial artist.

He's not shrugging off a hammer-shot to the face. Not at all.

1. Correct
2. Correct but combat speed is what I'm referring to.
3. They were fighting for hours at super speed. Thousands would be the bare minimum.
4. He was already seemingly immune to energy attacks from the very beginning of DOS.
5. It's not a huge feat for heralds but just gives more evidence that DD can tank BRB blasts.
6. Not really. We have Thor getting welt's from armored piercing bullets (not standard bullets of course).
7. There are many instances in comics where Bill's skin was broke by attacks not necessarily greater than DD's attacks.

A dumb Gorilla can do a combination. All he has to do is go ape shyte on someone. MA training is not needed.

If BRB winds up before striking (takes time to twirl the hammer for an increase momentum in striking power) then DD will be dazed by a blow to the face. But DD is not going to sit there and let BRB whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds. He is relentless, and Bill would be forced to do quick jab like strikes instead (if he has any chance of striking DD with the hammer).

cdtm
Thor's already tanked armor piercing rounds, barring that incident with the sniper shot.

That was retconned as a vibranium bullet, I believe.

Mshinu
A dumb Gorilla can do a combination. All he has to do is go ape shyte on someone. MA training is not needed.

"Ape shit to KO principle" does indeed sound more appropriate.

Bentley
Doomsday kills this Thor wannabe.

guy222
poor bill

stick out tongue

-Pr-
They would bother Thor slightly (leave welts).

1. Correct
2. Correct but combat speed is what I'm referring to.
3. They were fighting for hours at super speed. Thousands would be the bare minimum.
4. He was already seemingly immune to energy attacks from the very beginning of DOS.
5. It's not a huge feat for heralds but just gives more evidence that DD can tank BRB blasts.
6. Not really. We have Thor getting welt's from armored piercing bullets (not standard bullets of course).
7. There are many instances in comics where Bill's skin was broke by attacks not necessarily greater than DD's attacks.

If BRB winds up before striking (takes time to twirl the hammer for an increase momentum in striking power) then DD will be dazed by a blow to the face. But DD is not going to sit there and let BRB whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds. He is relentless, and Bill would be forced to do quick jab like strikes instead (if he has any chance of striking DD with the hammer).

3. They weren't fighting for hours at super-speed. They only started using it late in the game.
4. Superman's heat vision was able to give him pause later on.
5. Why?
6. It's not quantifiable.
7. And DD was hurt by attacks not necessarily as strong as Bill's best attacks.

Wailing on him like a gorilla will only work if Bill fights stupidly.

Dazed? Are you serious? A strong hit from the hammer is going to knock him on his ass. The hammer is more than capable of hurting him.

It is not the concussive power of energy blasts that do the damage, but rather the burning power. If DD can't be burned or harmed by the entire output of the entire Justice League and tanks a beam hotter than the core of a star then I don't think BRB will be harming DD well with any blasts (assuming he gets the chance to).

not all energy blasts are heat-based or produce heat. even when DD fought the League, you could argue that a couple of those attacks aren't even heat based.

Lord Feron
BRB Crushes him.

Brockalizer
BB doesn't automatically get all of Thor's feats.
Why not? In most other Doomsday threads people have no problem giving Superman's feats to Doomsday. As you stated in a previous post Superman's heat vision affected Doomsday, so there is no reason to believe that a powerful enough lightning blast wouldn't. Remember this is DoS Doomsday not HP Doomsday, so Doomsday's evolving ability wasn't established yet. Doomsday is toast.

Bentley
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Why not? In most other Doomsday threads people have no problem giving Superman's feats to Doomsday.

So you completely agree with them? Otherwise I don't see how that argument justifies a "why not".

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Bentley
So you completely agree with them? Otherwise I don't see how that argument justifies a "why not". I didn't say that I agree, just stating a fact. I'm just saying that there needs to be consistency. If Doomsday gets Superman's feats then Bill gets Thor's feats. Whether or not I agree with that is irrelevant.

Bentley
I didn't say that I agree, just stating a fact. I'm just saying that there needs to be consistency. If Doomsday gets Superman's feats then Bill gets Thor's feats. Whether or not I agree with that is irrelevant.

Well, if DD gets Supes feats he beats BRB. If he doesn't and BRB doesn't get Thor's, BRB still loses. Seems consistent enough to me.

Brockalizer
Well, if DD gets Supes feats he beats BRB. If he doesn't and BRB doesn't get Thor's, BRB still loses. Seems consistent enough to me. Doomsday needs Superman's feats, Bill doesn't. His showing against Galactus, while not guaranteeing a victory, shows that he's more than capable of taking on Doomsday by himself. All DoS Doomsday has for feats is doing exactly what the writers intended, kill Superman. DoS Superman is considerably on of the weakest versions of Superman IMO. Current or OWAW Superman would dong smack DoS Doomsday.

D-Block
Bill beats the crap out of DoS Doomsday.

Bentley
Doomsday needs Superman's feats, Bill doesn't. His showing against Galactus, while not guaranteeing a victory, shows that he's more than capable of taking on Doomsday by himself. All DoS Doomsday has for feats is doing exactly what the writers intended, kill Superman. DoS Superman is considerably on of the weakest versions of Superman IMO. Current or OWAW Superman would dong smack DoS Doomsday.

Yep, stomping Barda and Guy as if they were nothing is not impressive on your book. Guess BRB would sway them with ease!

-Pr-
Why not? In most other Doomsday threads people have no problem giving Superman's feats to Doomsday. As you stated in a previous post Superman's heat vision affected Doomsday, so there is no reason to believe that a powerful enough lightning blast wouldn't. Remember this is DoS Doomsday not HP Doomsday, so Doomsday's evolving ability wasn't established yet. Doomsday is toast.

Anyone giving Superman's feats to Doomsday deserves a slap in the face, tbh.

DD has plenty of impressive feats on his own anyway; beating the GL Corps, walking through Apokolips, stuff like that.

vansonbee
DD beaten the whole Corp? More than 10 fodder GL's?

Apokolips was impressive, if compared to GL one embarrasment

cdtm
Again, weaker Superman.

And, a holding back Superman. If Supes didn't wait until he was 99.9% dead before using killing force, he probably could have beaten Doomsday in one or two issues worth of fights, and been in reasonably good shape.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

And Bill has no reason to hold back at all. He ends Doomsday.

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
DD beaten the whole Corp? More than 10 fodder GL's?

Apokolips was impressive, if compared to GL one embarrasment

he fought Guardians.

cdtm
he fought Guardians.
\
He did, but he also had a ring when he fought the guardian.

It was implied his evolution power was maximizing the use of the ring, somehow.

Given how Hal just killed a Guardian (And not just any Guardian, but one with a history of pwning the entire corps and that had multiple amps), it makes the DD feat look less like PIS by comparison.

psycho gundam
thumb up

And Bill has no reason to hold back at all. He ends Doomsday. more importantly, doomsday doesn't hold back anything, and during dos his damage soak just won't cut it when brb hits him with back-to-back small planet devistating attacks without remorse.

This thread has been done before

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
more importantly, doomsday doesn't hold back anything, and during dos his damage soak just won't cut it when brb hits him with back-to-back small planet devistating attacks without remorse.

This thread has been done before

BRB can't hit with asteroid damaging attacks unless he takes the time to wind up or whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds. DD wouldn't allow him to do such things and will be on him like white on rice.

And know that DD has feats against the GL (including Guardians), Apokolips (new Gods), and Justice League.

DD's combination of speed, durability, and relentlessness is his key to a majority. It is possible for Bill to win a few, just very hard to do.

JakeTheBank
BRB can't hit with asteroid damaging attacks unless he takes the time to wind up or whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds. DD wouldn't allow him to do such things and will be on him like white on rice.

And know that DD has feats against the GL (including Guardians), Apokolips (new Gods), and Justice League.

DD's combination of speed, durability, and relentlessness is his key to a majority. It is possible for Bill to win a few, just very hard to do.

Untrue. Neither him nor Thor have to "charge" up a melee attack to do such damage.

Know that Beta Ray Bill has feats against Heralds of Galactus, Galactus himself, Loki, Fenris, Thor himself, etc.

BRB's DILYGAF attitude, power output, versatility, the ability to effect a huge radius with his weather manipulation and ranged capabilities makes is his key to victory. DoS Doomsday wins this if Bill jobs something fierce.

h1a8
Untrue. Neither him nor Thor have to "charge" up a melee attack to do such damage. Prove it, because EVERYTIME the hammer bros did some major striking with the hammers was because of of taking time to whirl the hammers (or greatly wind up).

Good, he's going to need it for it not to be spite. He has no feats against Galactus though.
Speed and relentlessness trumps everything you said. What good is BLANK (insert weather manipulation, attitude, power output, or etc.) if you don't get a chance to use it?

psycho gundam
DOS doomsday doesn't have the damage soak for this fight i'm sorry to tell you. i won't be suckered into debating if and how doomsday disrupts beta ray from hitting him cause it's asinine and i don't think anyone really believes that, even yourself.

as for speed, strormbreaker being tossed across the .5 kilometer gap is more of an priority than doomsday stopping bill from tossing it.

Brockalizer
Again, weaker Superman.

And, a holding back Superman. If Supes didn't wait until he was 99.9% dead before using killing force, he probably could have beaten Doomsday in one or two issues worth of fights, and been in reasonably good shape.
thumb up

And Bill has no reason to hold back at all. He ends Doomsday.

more importantly, doomsday doesn't hold back anything, and during dos his damage soak just won't cut it when brb hits him with back-to-back small planet devistating attacks without remorse.

thumb up thumb up
DoS Doomsday was just a dumb brick. It never tries to dodge or avoid an attack like more a intelligent fighter. It doesn't run around at super speed looking for things to kill. It just attacks whoever is stupid or unlucky enough to be between it and where ever it's going. Even if Doomsday get in the first hit, Doomsday is not going to one shot Bill. Bill just has to hit Doomsday with a couple well timed lightning blasts to throw it off balance long enough to hit it with a series of very powerful hammer strikes and it's game over.

h1a8
DOS doomsday doesn't have the damage soak for this fight i'm sorry to tell you. i won't be suckered into debating if and how doomsday disrupts beta ray from hitting him cause it's asinine and i don't think anyone really believes that, even yourself.

as for speed, strormbreaker being tossed across the .5 kilometer gap is more of an priority than doomsday stopping bill from tossing it.

DOS endured thousands of Superman's punches. I say he easily has the damage soak to withstand many blows from BRB.

BRB is not going to toss the hammer at DD from .5km away at the beginning of the fight more than a good 1% of the time. BRB doesn't usually fight that way. Plus DD would be on the move and not a still target, making it hard for BRB to connect with the throw.

-Pr-
You still haven't proven he took thousands of punches from what was already mentioned as being a weaker, holding back Superman.

h1a8
thumb up thumb up
DoS Doomsday was just a dumb brick. It never tries to dodge or avoid an attack like more a intelligent fighter. It doesn't run around at super speed looking for things to kill. It just attacks whoever is stupid or unlucky enough to be between it and where ever it's going. Even if Doomsday get in the first hit, Doomsday is not going to one shot Bill. Bill just has to hit Doomsday with a couple well timed lightning blasts to throw it off balance long enough to hit it with a series of very powerful hammer strikes and it's game over.

Lightning nor any blast made by BRB is going to affect DOS DD much. The writer was clear when he showed him resistant to the entire Justice League's output. Also he endured thousands of GL's blasting him, New Gods, and even fighting Guardians too.

h1a8
You still haven't proven he took thousands of punches from what was already mentioned as being a weaker, holding back Superman.

Assuming they fought for most of the day, at super speed then what would be the minimum amount of punches you think Superman landed on him?

If we say a punch is landed every 10 seconds on average (remember they fought at super speed so that is really an underestimate) then in 2 hours of fighting about 1200 punches would have landed.

Uriel005
Thor's already tanked armor piercing rounds, barring that incident with the sniper shot. Everyone knows sniper rifles are some of the most powerful weapons in the known universe. Why do you think John Stewart uses a sniper construct... has to boost himself out of low man on totem pole in the lantern corps from earth somehow. Bullets fly faster and are automatically indestructible and have miniature homing devices to ensure they hit their targets regardless of bullet dodging/deflecting feats if the gun is held by anyone other than a mook.

-Pr-
Assuming they fought for most of the day, at super speed then what would be the minimum amount of punches you think Superman landed on him?

If we say a punch is landed every 10 seconds on average (remember they fought at super speed so that is really an underestimate) then in 2 hours of fighting about 1200 punches would have landed.

They weren't shown fighting at super-speed until later on, and Superman was still holding back.

JakeTheBank
h1, we get that you like speed and everything, but c'mon.

You seriously think DoS Doomsday can endure many of Bill's hammer strikes? You seriously think Bill won't throw Stormbreaker? You honestly believe that Bill's lightning and blasts won't be an issue to Doomsday?

The idea of Doomsday trading thousands of blows with Superman aside, this notion that Doomsday can just waltz though a barrage of Bill's attacks is, quite frankly, an atrocious assault on our collective intelligence. PR, a guy who knows a helluva lot more about Superman and co than me and a lot of others here, doesn't think DoS Doomsday is going to have an easy time with Bill, assuming he wins this at all.

I honestly don't know what comics you're reading of Bill's to suggest he gets beaten by Doomsday in such a manner.

h1a8
h1, we get that you like speed and everything, but c'mon.

You seriously think DoS Doomsday can endure many of Bill's hammer strikes? You seriously think Bill won't throw Stormbreaker? You honestly believe that Bill's lightning and blasts won't be an issue to Doomsday?

The idea of Doomsday trading thousands of blows with Superman aside, this notion that Doomsday can just waltz though a barrage of Bill's attacks is, quite frankly, an atrocious assault on our collective intelligence. PR, a guy who knows a helluva lot more about Superman and co than me and a lot of others here, doesn't think DoS Doomsday is going to have an easy time with Bill, assuming he wins this at all.

I honestly don't know what comics you're reading of Bill's to suggest he gets beaten by Doomsday in such a manner.

Bill can end DD is if hits DD with a decent amount of whirled slams.
Based off what we've seen there is no good reason to assume that lightning is even going to affect DD. Bill can try to throw SB during the fight but certainly not at the beginning (where a .5km distance exists). At least his chances of trying that is very slim at best.

Again speed and the ability to combo is my argument. If BRB stays away then he will win 10/10 no problem. But if the fight gets close range then DD owns him.

h1a8
They weren't shown fighting at super-speed until later on, and Superman was still holding back.

1 punch per 10 seconds is slower than human speed. So it is reasonable that they were fighting with at least that speed on average (slower in the beginning and faster in the end but averages out).

Yes Superman was holding back initially so your point is kinda valid. But when Superman turned it on it still took him an insane amount of hits to put DD down.

JakeTheBank
So, you don't think Bill's lightning can effect Doomsday? no expression

h1a8
So, you don't think Bill's lightning can effect Doomsday? no expression

I don't see how the entire output of the JL not even tickling DD or DD tanking thousands of GL simultaneously or DD tanking New Gods coming at him, etc. as proof or evidence of Bill significantly affecting him with lightning. I will give Bill's lightning the power to slightly harm DD but nothing more. And that is being reasonable here.

-Pr-
1 punch per 10 seconds is slower than human speed. So it is reasonable that they were fighting with at least that speed on average (slower in the beginning and faster in the end but averages out).

Yes Superman was holding back initially so your point is kinda valid. But when Superman turned it on it still took him an insane amount of hits to put DD down.

Superman held back until his very last punch. Not to mention the fact that there were breaks in the fight where Doomsday was able to heal (as he was shown to have strong recovery powers iirc).

OneDumbG0
I don't see how the entire output of the JL not even tickling DD or DD tanking thousands of GL simultaneously or DD tanking New Gods coming at him, etc. as proof or evidence of Bill significantly affecting him with lightning. I will give Bill's lightning the power to slightly harm DD but nothing more. And that is being reasonable here. It's true that regular lightning won't mean much, but given Beta Ray Bill's purely cosmic warrior nature, that ain't what he'll be tickling Doomsday with. Originally posted by h1a8
If we say a punch is landed every 10 seconds on average (remember they fought at super speed so that is really an underestimate) then in 2 hours of fighting about 1200 punches would have landed. no expression

the Darkone
BRB will thrash DOS Doomsday who is the weaker version of DD BRB is Thor equal, BRB would utterly stomp a mud hole in doomsday a$$. The Hammer is extension of BRB and the hammer feeds on the aggression of the owner increase the hitting force, just like Thor's hammer. BRB will unleashed cosmic and mystical powers on Doomsday so bad, making Doomsday wish he had fought Superman.

Brockalizer
I don't see how the entire output of the JL not even tickling DD or DD tanking thousands of GL simultaneously or DD tanking New Gods coming at him, etc. as proof or evidence of Bill significantly affecting him with lightning. I will give Bill's lightning the power to slightly harm DD but nothing more. And that is being reasonable here.
If Superman's heat vision can affect Doomsday, even when he's holding back, then why in the name of Odin's ******* cant Beta Ray Bill's Storm Breaker lightning?

iceman24567
Which Doomsday though can't be Dos because it would be spite erm

Bentley
BRB gets one-shotted by a non-holding back Superman. Deal with it uhuh

-Pr-
BRB gets one-shotted by a non-holding back Superman. Deal with it uhuh

Of course he would, but that's not the topic.

psycho gundam
DOS endured thousands of Superman's punches. I say he easily has the damage soak to withstand many blows from BRB.

BRB is not going to toss the hammer at DD from .5km away at the beginning of the fight more than a good 1% of the time. BRB doesn't usually fight that way. Plus DD would be on the move and not a still target, making it hard for BRB to connect with the throw. *sigh*

i'll put you up on beta ray bill right now:

hammer toss

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_stormbreakertotheback1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_stormbreakertotheback2.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_stormbreakertotheback3.jpg

cont in part 2

cool

-Pr-
fix your links, please.

psycho gundam
oh, DOS DD and superman rocked metropolis? please

after the hammer hits (and it will)....

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith2.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith3.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith4.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith5.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith6.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith7.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_brbaintnuthintophuckwith8.jpg

f*cking up metropolis ain't shit

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/mic-drop-charlie-murphy_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

-Pr-
not to be a stickler, but they didn't just rock metropolis. aftershocks were felt miles away.

psycho gundam
that's fine and dandy

there's this green guy (won't mention his name) who does that with each footstep while holding backvin

-Pr-
that's fine and dandy

there's this green guy (won't mention his name) who does that with each footstep while holding backvin

laughing out loud

So it took Hulk 15 years to catch up to a weaker Superman? Gotcha. biscuits

psycho gundam
you have delusions of superman's ...less inferiority

-Pr-
you have delusions of superman's ...less inferiority

laughing out loud

Wanna try rephrasing?

OneDumbG0
not to be a stickler, but they didn't just rock metropolis. aftershocks were felt miles away. *ahem*

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkShockwave16Annual2001.jpg

durhulk

psycho gundam
laughing out loud

Wanna try rephrasing? i meant, at best your delusions of superman still amount to him being less powerful than holding back hulk, so delusions of grandeur/superiority are impossible for even the most adamant fanboy http://i48.tinypic.com/4ryd8j.gif

edit* ODG came through "as if on cue"

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

quanchi112
Bill wins.

OneDumbG0
i meant, at best your delusions of superman still amount to him being less powerful than holding back hulk, so delusions of grandeur/superiority are impossible for even the most adamant fanboy http://i48.tinypic.com/4ryd8j.gif

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif FTnESKUl7Hc

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
*ahem*

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkShockwave16Annual2001.jpg

durhulk

it's always a dick swinging contest with you guys. i wasn't the one who brought up hulk, y'know. i'm sure that doesn't matter, though.

i meant, at best your delusions of superman still amount to him being less powerful than holding back hulk, so delusions of grandeur/superiority are impossible for even the most adamant fanboy http://i48.tinypic.com/4ryd8j.gif

That would make sense if we weren't talking about an 18 year old version of a character that's since been retconned.

OneDumbG0
it's always a dick swinging contest with you guys. i wasn't the one who brought up hulk, y'know. i'm sure that doesn't matter, though. Nope. Not at all.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkShockwave11Annual5.jpg
vin Originally posted by -Pr-
That would make sense if we weren't talking about an 18 year old version of a character that's since been retconned. Old school Savage Hulk get no credit? durhulk

psycho gundam
it's always a dick swinging contest with you guys. i wasn't the one who brought up hulk, y'know. i'm sure that doesn't matter, though.
try this, and maybe, just maybe you can weather the storm

Q6yNhmOKBAM

h1a8
*sigh*

i'll put you up on beta ray bill right now:

hammer toss

cont in part 2

cool

oh, DOS DD and superman rocked metropolis? please

after the hammer hits (and it will)....

f*cking up metropolis ain't shit

I don't see anything you posted here that shows that BRB will beat DD. You show his hammer going through metal. So? DD is more durable than metal. You showed BRB and Stardust flying miles and miles building up speed and energy to damage another small planet. Bill is not going to be flying miles building up speed from close quarters, especially when DD won't give him chance to breath. As far as the hammer toss, you know Bill was coherent when he willed the hammer back right? Why would the hammer toss hit DD when Bill will not be conherent when DD is rocking him?

If Superman's heat vision can affect Doomsday, even when he's holding back, then why in the name of Odin's ******* cant Beta Ray Bill's Storm Breaker lightning?

Superman's HV was shown not to affect DD is the same comic. Also, DD new gods attacks and tanked thousands of GL attacks including a Gaurdian. So either Superman's HV>>> all those attacks or it was a low showing for DD.

that's fine and dandy

there's this green guy (won't mention his name)

Hulk can't be used since his strength is variable. He can be operating at slightly over 100 tons of force, 1 million tons of force, who knows?

Just to say someone has a feat over Hulk proves nothing UNLESS in the same comic and time frame that Hulk has a feat where we can know what strength level he is operating at.

Nope. Not at all.
Old school Savage Hulk get no credit?

Hulk is a variable being and thus feats against him is meaningless unless we know what strength level he is operating at that time.

So I don't care if Hulk destroyed a planet with a punch and later in another comic character X koed him. It still won't prove that character X was operating anywhere near planet buster level.

psycho gundam
Hahahahahhahahahah!

leonidas
i'll take dd.

JakeTheBank
Why's that, Leo?

OneDumbG0
Hulk is a variable being and thus feats against him is meaningless unless we know what strength level he is operating at that time.

So I don't care if Hulk destroyed a planet with a punch and later in another comic character X koed him. It still won't prove that character X was operating anywhere near planet buster level. Well, ok. But we're talking more about Hulk's own feats and capability.

Kinda like Flash and character X who keeps up with him (or are compared to him in statements). It still won't prove that Doomsday character X was operating anywhere near Flash-level speeds.

peaches

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dd.jpg

shifty

Starscream M
Why's that, Leo? he beat superman after beating justice league and lex corps

leonidas
meh, pretty much. i know that version of supes was weaker, so by association, people say dd must not have been verfy powerful either. but he was as powerful as he needed to be. recall, that by the time he had reached earth that first time, he'd killed a gl (who knows how many), killed a guardian and the radiant. as well as all that, i guess i fall back on writer intent--and dd was intended to be one bad mofo. i'll definitely take my chances with dd...

psycho gundam
all those guys are energy slingers, doomsday always has consistent issues with physical attacks as he can't evolve past it, only adapt, and that adaptation plateaued with his bones and limited organs.

small/earth size planet devastating physical blows on DOS doomsday, he's in trouble.

Starscream M
all those guys are energy slingers, doomsday always has consistent issues with physical attacks as he can't evolve past it, only adapt, and that adaptation plateaued with his bones and limited organs.

small/earth size planet devastating physical blows on DOS doomsday, he's in trouble. he's taken superman's hardest hits without trouble...brb is not much harder than superman

also, there's a reason why superman decided to BFR dd to the end of time

if physical force could beat dd, superman wouldve sought help or just found a way to boost his strength

leonidas
"always has consistent issues?" i'll disagree.... and it was STILL a guardian. i don't see bill able to ko him physically before dd takes him out and his energy attacks wouldn't help him much. bill could theoretically bfr him i suppose, but i never count that as a win so, meh.

leonidas
Originally posted by Starscream M
he's taken superman's hardest hits without trouble...brb is not much harder than superman

also, there's a reason why superman decided to BFR dd to the end of time

if physical force could beat dd, superman wouldve sought help or just found a way to boost his strength

this is dos though, right? hp slaughters bill imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by leonidas
this is dos though, right? hp slaughters bill imo. I'm with you...ie, writer intent

dd was as powerful as needed to be...to kill the most powerful hero at the time

leonidas
I'm with you...ie, writer intent

dd was as powerful as needed to be...to kill the most powerful hero at the time

thumb up

psycho gundam
doomsday is a plot device through and through, but at the same token, if beating superman back then required that (doomsday did "die" also), bill can muster that force up.

leonidas
see, i can see where people might say that. based on bill today, and superman in that year. however, if bill were inserted into that book, i have no doubt dd would have destroyed him as he destroyed everyone else in his way. he was indeed a plot device, and i don't think that portion of his character can be ignored. erm

psycho gundam
see, i can see where people might say that. based on bill today, and superman in that year. however, if bill were inserted into that book..... stopped reading wink

bill stomps

leonidas
stopped reading wink

bill stomps

meh, facts can't be ignored. dd takes him, no doubt whatsoever in my mind.

psycho gundam
so anyone who is not superman would get wrecked by doomsday to conserve the inevitable climax showdown? please say it isn't so

leonidas
dd is a funny character. and if supes died to beat him, i'd say pretty much, yeah to the above. likely not popular, but.... i don't much care. or at least it would need to be someone analagous to supes. thor maybe the only marvel herald i would say could do what supes did. the intention of the character was crystal clear imo--the ultimate challenge to the ultimate hero. a character that could not be beaten without the ultimate sacrifice. he has been shown to have limits, but VERY few standard heroes can match or exceed them imo. and bill is most certainly not one imo.

OneDumbG0
dd is a funny character. and if supes died to beat him, i'd say pretty much, yeah to the above. likely not popular, but.... i don't much care. or at least it would need to be someone analagous to supes. thor maybe the only marvel herald i would say could do what supes did. the intention of the character was crystal clear imo--the ultimate challenge to the ultimate hero. a character that could not be beaten without the ultimate sacrifice. he has been shown to have limits, but VERY few standard heroes can match or exceed them imo. and bill is most certainly not one imo. Doomsday is a pale imitation of Hulk. Seriously.

Galan007
Physically, Thor and Bill are equals--their battles with one another over the years are proof enough of that. So if Thor could physically beat DoS DD, Bill should be able to as well.

...Though it'd be a very long and drawn out battle.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Physically, Thor and Bill are equals--their battles with one another over the years are proof enough of that. So if Thor could physically beat DoS DD, Bill should be able to as well.

...Though it'd be a very long and drawn out battle. does brb have a godblast equivalent?

psycho gundam
Doomsday is a pale imitation of Hulk. Seriously. with an origin imitating beta ray's

does brb have a godblast equivalent? using the godblast seems to be rooted in having knowledge of forbidden asgardian magic, something i doubt bill possesses.

Galan007
does brb have a godblast equivalent? Bill has never displayed an energy attack that powerful--I was only talking about he and Thor possessing essentially the same physical power.

-Pr-
Nope. Not at all.
*snip*
vin Old school Savage Hulk get no credit? durhulk

Didn't think so.

try this, and maybe, just maybe you can weather the storm

Q6yNhmOKBAM

Projecting, much?

--

DOS DD is a solid low to mid herald. He's capable of giving Bill trouble, no doubt about it; I just see Billl having that little bit more in the tank.

OneDumbG0
Didn't think so. Aaaand, just one more:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkShockwave10Defenders13.jpg

stick out tongue

-Pr-
Aaaand, just one more:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkShockwave10Defenders13.jpg

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

you really like beating off dead horses, don't you... wait. mmm

psycho gundam
Projecting, much? please, i'm the reason your lady blushes and has to collect herself whenever she passes the cucumber aisle, and she visits the grocers three times a day without you knowing cause she's a fiend like that. flirt

-Pr-
please, i'm the reason your lady blushes and has to collect herself whenever she passes the cucumber aisle, and she visits the grocers three times a day without you knowing cause she's a fiend like that. flirt

laughing out loud

She'd destroy you, little man.

leonidas
meh, if you seperate 'writer intent' from 'on-panel depiction' and use simply the latter, then you would likely say bill wins a tough fight. if you factor in the former, as i do, dd wins. i clearly see why people say bill--i just think that WHAT dd was meant to represent needs to be factored into his character.

and odg: pffft.

Bentley
ODG just wants to diss DD to subconsiously accept Guy Gardner sucks.

biscuits

Guy Gardner suckz uhuh

stan5677
Bill has never displayed an energy attack that powerful--I was only talking about he and Thor possessing essentially the same physical power.

What about the blast he used on Asteroth?

Galan007
meh, if you seperate 'writer intent' from 'on-panel depiction' and use simply the latter, then you would likely say bill wins a tough fight. if you factor in the former, as i do, dd wins. i clearly see why people say bill--i just think that WHAT dd was meant to represent needs to be factored into his character.

and odg: pffft. I agree. Just like classic Juggernaut's 'unstoppability', what DoS Doomsday was meant to represent should be taken into account in respect to his character--he was a tank that wrecked almost anyone/thing that got in his way. That is incontrovertible.

However, the fact that Byrne-era Supes was ultimately able to kill DD via physical means, suggests that Bill (especially with Stormbreaker) should be able to as well... Likely with a bit less effort. Imo.

Originally posted by stan5677
What about the blast he used on Asteroth? I still don't think it was on par with a Godblast... Could've been, though.

Bentley
Non-holding back Superman (even Byrnes's) is quite a physical powerhouse though. The hit that killed Doomsday was likely way above Bill's average.

Galan007
A blow that shattered windows on a city block or two was above the planetoid-busting blows Bill can deliver? Nah.

Sundipped
this is dos though, right? hp slaughters bill imo.

thumb up

Bentley
A blow that shattered windows on a city block or two was above the planetoid-busting blows Bill can deliver? Nah.

Yeah, since we all know collateral damage is the end all be all method of measuring strength...

I guess Kal only punches hard when his attacks liquify every other character in the proximity, like Lois and Perry, that would be exactly what the comic intended to portral.

stick out tongue

Starscream M
A blow that shattered windows on a city block or two was above the planetoid-busting blows Bill can deliver? Nah. so when odinforce thor fought bor and their punches barely even shattered windows, was bor hitting weaker than brb?

Galan007
Yeah, since we all know collateral damage is the end all be all method of measuring strength... The window shattering thing was used as a narrative-gauge to let the readers know 'how powerful' Superman and DD's final punches were, though. Now don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that said punches packed a very significant amount of force behind them. However, I don't believe Superman's final 'killing blow' could have destroyed planetoids or cracked Galactus' helm, as Bill's stronger punches have.

Just my opinion... Feel free to disagree. stick out tongue

leonidas
what WAS kal's best feat in that era? i know he had some pretty good ones, but can't recall off-hand....

psycho gundam
I agree. Just like classic Juggernaut's 'unstoppability', what DoS Doomsday was meant to represent should be taken into account in respect to his character--he was a tank that wrecked almost anyone/thing that got in his way. That is incontrovertible.

However, the fact that Byrne-era Supes was ultimately able to kill DD via physical means, suggests that Bill (especially with Stormbreaker) should be able to as well... Likely with a bit less effort. Imo.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/lqiawccyc31qjs9ul.gif

-Pr-

and odg: pffft.

He was meant to be Superman's worst nightmare. That doesn't apply here. stick out tongue

ODG just wants to diss DD to subconsiously accept Guy Gardner sucks.

biscuits

Guy Gardner suckz uhuh

on what, you might say...

what WAS kal's best feat in that era? i know he had some pretty good ones, but can't recall off-hand....

he had a few; he was a solid low to mid herald. Not sure what his best would be...

psycho gundam
grey hulk was meant to be Superman's worst nightmare.

-Pr-
If you're going to troll, at least put some effort in to it. Jeez; I'm worth more than some terrible edit.

psycho gundam
I'm worth more than some terrible edit. nope, i got your worth spot on

iceman24567
If you're going to troll, at least put some effort in to it. Jeez; I'm worth more than some terrible edit. As if you know anything about trolling biscuits

-Pr-
I'm disappointed in both of you.

iceman24567
I'm disappointed in both of you. Not the D word sad

cdtm

It depends on what kind of feat you're looking for, but here's a few:

Time and Time Again had him taking some insane explosions, like the moon blowing up, and being in the middle of a collapsing Sun Eater.

In his first fight with Mxy, he used his super speed to spell his name backwards on a giant typewriter, and to the naked eye it appeared Mxy himself typed it while Supes stood and watched.

When fighting Toymans flying toys, he flew around the Earth and came behind them near instantly..

He defeated Kalibak, with a lot of effort.

He defeated Eclipsed Lar Gand, while suffocating on the moon.

He survived punches from the Pocket Universe Kryptonians, which is a pretty big durability feat given these were designed to replace Pre Crisis Kryptonians, and all of PC Superboys feats applied to Pocket Universe Superman via retcon.

Silver Banshees magic scream killed anyone, but Superman was only knocked into a coma (Adding fuel to the endless debate on whether post crisis Superman is weak to magic or not.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.