Borat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
http://imdb.com/title/tt0443453/
http://www.boratmovie.com

I've known about this for awhile and completely spaced it off. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Ali G fans unite.

Losty
dopenesss

MC Mike
Sweet. thumb up

Buckaroo
This movie looks hilarious already. I love the Borat character as much as Ali G. I'm not so big on Bruno, though. Can't wait to see this movie

papabeard
I prefer Borat to Ali G.

jaden101
Borat is classic...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ahh, the newest trailer for 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan' - to give its full name - promises it to be comedy gold:

Borat Trailer

Bring on the madness!

jaden101
i see there was a major malfunction at the premiere of it in the US...the projector broke down and michael moore tried to fix it because thats what he used to do for a living

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5330826.stm

RZA
This movie looks hilarious. I hope it's just as good as the episodes or if not better.

I can't believe even Borat has a My Space page...funny stuff.

DanZeke25
I like Ali G better, but this should still be funny.

-Tired Hiker-
Was Ali G Indahouse any good?

Deano
not rlly. i prefer his show when he is interviewing real life folk.

EPIIIBITES
Borat's junk now.

I've seen a few clips so far from the Borat movie...and it's A LOT more offensive than usual.

From what I've seen so far, he's (accidentally) broken a bunch of antiques in an antique shop, seriously pissed off a couple feminists, made a slew of mean spirited anti-jewish jokes, and introduced the town rapists and whores in his village.

Now I'm sure there's a lot of Borat lovers that have just gotten on the bandwagon and think he's hilarious, and he has done some funny stuff in the past (some of it bordering on offensive...the anti-jewish/sexist stuff), now though he's turned it up to 11 and just being plain rude...and pissing people off isn't that funny.

...and if you do find that junk funny then you should check your head.

Solo
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
he's (accidentally) broken a bunch of antiques in an antique shop, seriously pissed off a couple feminists, made a slew of mean spirited anti-jewish jokes, and introduced the town rapists and whores in his village.(some of it bordering on offensive...the anti-jewish/sexist stuff), now though he's turned it up to 11 and just being plain rude...and pissing people off isn't that funny.
thumb up
That sounds great. No critic has disliked it yet. Besides, I'm jewish, and I have no problem with it at all. It's absolutely hilarious.

EPIIIBITES
Well, good for you I guess...most other jewish people (and khazakstani of course) would disgree with you. It's not about whether it's funny, it's about whether it's ethical.

Solo
Actually, all of the jews I know, their families included, think he's a riot.

Sure, Kazakhstan cares, but that adds onto the hilarity.

Kram3r
This movie looks absolutely excellent, I'm dying to see. Borat is apparently coming down to Australia I can't wait to see what he's going to do.

Myth

I guess I need my head checked, along with everybody except you.

Maybe to you. But to the majority, its about what is funny.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Borat's junk now.

I've seen a few clips so far from the Borat movie...and it's A LOT more offensive than usual.

From what I've seen so far, he's (accidentally) broken a bunch of antiques in an antique shop, seriously pissed off a couple feminists, made a slew of mean spirited anti-jewish jokes, and introduced the town rapists and whores in his village.

Now I'm sure there's a lot of Borat lovers that have just gotten on the bandwagon and think he's hilarious, and he has done some funny stuff in the past (some of it bordering on offensive...the anti-jewish/sexist stuff), now though he's turned it up to 11 and just being plain rude...and pissing people off isn't that funny.

You're a prime example of someone who just doesn't get the joke.

EPIIIBITES
How in the world would you know if I get the joke or not. How would you know how long I've been watchin' Borat and Ali G. How in the world would you know that I wasn't planing on being Borat this Halloween (got the voice down pat and everything).

You've just made a baseless assumption not knowing a single thing about me or my sense of humour...

Welll here's an assumption about you (and others)...

- You've just found out about Ali G (and Borat) maybe in the past couple years and you think it's some cool new thing that not a lot of people (outside of the UK) know about, so you're all behind the buzz to show how "down" you are.

- You can't get enough of this humour (where unsuspecting people fall victim to a stupid reporter)...though you might've been getting kinda bored of it if you've been watching for over 5 years like myself.

- You think it would be the uncoolest thing in the world to pan something that EVERYONE finds funny...heaven forbind, people might think you're a prude!

- Oh and here's one more assumption...you probably have very little in the department of values or ethics, considering you haven't at all taken into account what I've posted.

...gosh I'm good! wink

Soory, I'm being harsh only to prove a point. You shouldn't make assumptions. But one thing is true...if there were any real Ali G fans in here they'd know exactly the kind of bandwagon jumper types like you guys I'm talking about.

Deano
show me a woman with brain, i show you horse with wings

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How in the world would you know if I get the joke or not. How would you know how long I've been watchin' Borat and Ali G. How in the world would you know that I wasn't planing on being Borat this Halloween (got the voice down pat and everything).

You've just made a baseless assumption not knowing a single thing about me or my sense of humour...

Welll here's an assumption about you (and others)...

- You've just found out about Ali G (and Borat) maybe in the past couple years and you think it's some cool new thing that not a lot of people (outside of the UK) know about, so you're all behind the buzz to show how "down" you are.

- You can't get enough of this humour (where unsuspecting people fall victim to a stupid reporter)...though you might've been getting kinda bored of it if you've been watching for over 5 years like myself.

- You think it would be the uncoolest thing in the world to pan something that EVERYONE finds funny...heaven forbind, people might think you're a prude!

- Oh and here's one more assumption...you probably have very little in the department of values or ethics, considering you haven't at all taken into account what I've posted.

...gosh I'm good! wink

Soory, I'm being harsh only to prove a point. You shouldn't make assumptions. But one thing is true...if there were any real Ali G fans in here they'd know exactly the kind of bandwagon jumper types like you guys I'm talking about.

I'm not making baseless assumptions that you don't get the joke. Your posts make it self-evident. He's playing a parody, dear boy. A parody.

EPIIIBITES
Getting the joke is one thing...admitting that some of it is starting to get unfunny or offensive is another.

You're still implying that you think you KNOW if I get the joke or not...because somehow it is soooo self evident just because I criticised it.

Wow.

The thing is, I'm confident enough in my capacty to understand humour (and of all types), that if I feel like it I can just not give a crap and actually stand there and say...

"you know what, Borat is actually getting more and more offensive now. All you people who are just starting to get into this Borat stuff, well for me it's gettin' kinda dry...and at the end of the day, it's a lot about pissing people off, which isn't cool any way you slice it."

So, I can tell YOU are exactly the kind of person that couldn't do that...and probably doesn't even get what I'm saying.

...gosh am I ever good! wink wink wink

Myth
I just simply love offensive humor. Thats why I loved Chappelle's Show and South Park. I think people are overly sensitive and if they get offended by comedy, thats their problem.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Getting the joke is one thing...admitting that some of it is starting to get unfunny or offensive is another.

You're still implying that you think you KNOW if I get the joke or not...because somehow it is soooo self evident just because I criticised it.

Wow.

The thing is, I'm confident enough in my capacty to understand humour (and of all types), that if I feel like it I can just not give a crap and actually stand there and say...

"you know what, Borat is actually getting more and more offensive now. All you people who are just starting to get into this Borat stuff, well for me it's gettin' kinda dry...and at the end of the day, it's a lot about pissing people off, which isn't cool any way you slice it."

So, I can tell YOU are exactly the kind of person that couldn't do that...and probably doesn't even get what I'm saying.

You're still not getting it, dear boy. The people who he is 'pissing off' are exactly the kind of ignorant, bigoted - and in some cases, pretentious - people who deserve his ridicule. The fact that they don't realise that this is happening is hilarious. Furthermore, the fact that you don't realise this probably puts you in one of those categories yourself.

So, no...I guess you ain't that good. *smiley face* *smiley face* *smiley face*

EPIIIBITES
So an average antique shop owner is a pretentious ignorant bigot that should realize what is happening when a bunch of stuff in his store is crashing to the ground? Rrrrright...

Dude, I'm so above it it's not even funny. I honestly don't think you have a clue of what this conversation we're having is really about. You're just a dude who thinks it's "cool" to like Borat and figures that anyone saying anything against him just doesn't get it. That is SOOO shallow.

You know what you remind me of?

TANGENT: There's a part at the end of the first Limp Bizkit record where that dude from that old MTV show "The Farm" is on there with Durst, and they're going on about how "plastic" music is these days, and how stuff like Britney sucks.

IMO that guy is the biggest dork for doing that and I've often made fun of him...and the reason is any peron who knows what's up knows all too well that Britney sucks and the current state of music. He's trying to be cool...but it's so uncool. Purposely getting a track on there just to make fun of Britney and pop music?...it's like: Britney sucks? Really? Wow you're cool!

Well, you're like that guy. You don't see how someone can make fun of something that's "cool" (because it probably means that they don't get what's cool in the first place).

And judging by how much of a smart ass you're being DEAR BOY, I can see why you're impervious to the kinds of insults his humour is throwing around.

Sorry bud...you got nothin' on me.

wink wink winkwink wink winkwink wink

EPIIIBITES
And in case you didn't really read what I've posted, I did say...

..."he has done some funny stuff in the past", that I was "planning on being Borat this Halloween", and that I've been watching him for "5 years"...(yes, I know that's a shock to most of you that he's been around for that long)..."5 years".

Somehow you haven't been able to figure out that all of the above = I get Borat.

...I'm good!!! I am!!!

Myth
Tell me you are wearing the nutsling bathing suit eek!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So an average antique shop owner is a pretentious ignorant bigot that should realize what is happening when a bunch of stuff in his store is crashing to the ground? Rrrrright...

Ahh, the ol' exception that proves the rule! Thanks for making it, so I don't have to. Sometimes, I guess you are...quite good.

Dude, I'm so above it it's not even funny. I honestly don't think you have a clue of what this conversation we're having is really about. You're just a dude who thinks it's "cool" to like Borat and figures that anyone saying anything against him just doesn't get it. That is SOOO shallow.

You really are a weird one. How does liking someone who is popular make me cool? I fail to grasp the connection seeing as I am no longer 14 years old. Either you are, or it sounds like you've got some security issues there, ol' boy.

You know what you remind me of?

TANGENT: There's a part at the end of the first Limp Bizkit record where that dude from that old MTV show "The Farm" is on there with Durst, and they're going on about how "plastic" music is these days, and how stuff like Britney sucks.

IMO that guy is the biggest dork for doing that and I've often made fun of him...and the reason is any peron who knows what's up knows all too well that Britney sucks and the current state of music. He's trying to be cool...but it's so uncool. Purposely getting a track on there just to make fun of Britney and pop music?...it's like: Britney sucks? Really? Wow you're cool!

Well, you're like that guy. You don't see how someone can make fun of something that's "cool" (because it probably means that they don't get what's cool in the first place).

And judging by how much of a smart ass you're being DEAR BOY, I can see why you're impervious to the kinds of insults his humour is throwing around.

Does the tangent carry on throughout your whole post? It did, didn't it?

One more thing, are you the guy saying that people like Borat to be cool, while at the same time shouting out about how you're dressing up as the man himself for Halloween?

Yeah, you definitely don't get it.

I do, so that makes me...cool? Right?

BackFire
Hahaha, look at this guy, complaining that you're making assumptions about him, then going on and making assumptions about you "jumping on the bandwagon".

Also funny how each one of his posts is a barely concealed advertisement of "I knew about Borat before the other people, everyone else just jumped on some bandwagon, BUT NOT ME, I"M THE REAL DEAL".

Then he complains about Borat making fun of ugly piggish feminisists and other "offensive" things. Hahaha, like that's a BAD thing.

Ah, good times.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, I bet he saw Borat on Da Ali G Show way back...I bet he was also a fan of Ali G when he was on The Eleven O'Clock Show...So cool. So, so, so, very yes yes yes cool.

People like him are great. If they weren't around, then who would Borat pick on? Cool people like us? Don't think so...

jaden101

Wow.

i can see what your saying...its probably more of a marketing issue than anything

the american markets needs the humour to be "in your face" in order for it to have an impact...the perfect example being the conversion of the office from the highly subtle UK version to the more obvious "*** joke" style humour of the US version

thats essentially what they've done with Borat...

also if it were similar to what its been in the past then it wouldn't be anything we haven't seen before in the UK episodes...most of the jokes i've seen in the clips for are all rehashed and made more extreme....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Apparently, 'Bruno' is the next Sacha Baron Cohen character to get the movie treatment...

Watch this with your eyes. Oh, the youth of America...

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by BackFire
Hahaha, look at this guy, complaining that you're making assumptions about him, then going on and making assumptions about you "jumping on the bandwagon".

oops, I guess that was actually kinda dumb.

Also funny how each one of his posts is a barely concealed advertisement of "I knew about Borat before the other people, everyone else just jumped on some bandwagon, BUT NOT ME, I"M THE REAL DEAL".

Yeah. Me and that Sasha Baren Cohen dude are like BEST FRIENDS. I'd be the FIRST person t get his jokes!! I have Borat posters all over my room! 5 years man...5 YEARS!!

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
People like him are great. If they weren't around, then who would Borat pick on? Cool people like us? Don't think so...

I can't believe you just said you guys are too cool for Borat to pick on...

Wow! You just DID prove my point with the whole Britney hating thing (that you said didn't apply to you). It's like "no I'm cool. I'm down. I get it. No one can make fun of me because I'd get the joke right away...no really I would!!!"

I'm trying not to be rude, but you guys are kinda hurtin'. You really don't understand the level this conversation is on...sorry.

Actually no...you know what...You guys ARE cool. Borat wouldn't play jokes on you! I'm (I've known about Borat even before it came out) not cool. I deserve to get picked on by Borat!!!

...man am I ever good. Oh yeah. Oooooh yeah! No seriously...I'm gooood!!!!!

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by jaden101
i can see what your saying...its probably more of a marketing issue than anything

the american markets needs the humour to be "in your face" in order for it to have an impact...the perfect example being the conversion of the office from the highly subtle UK version to the more obvious "*** joke" style humour of the US version

thats essentially what they've done with Borat...

also if it were similar to what its been in the past then it wouldn't be anything we haven't seen before in the UK episodes...most of the jokes i've seen in the clips for are all rehashed and made more extreme....

Dude you're so on it. Thank you for having a brain. That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Sure enough, I doubt some other people in here have picked up on the whole "extreme" thing you're mentioning and probably don't even know what you're talking about.

...And it's exactly why I've pointed out...they think it's BORAT...and BORAT couldn't be bad in any way. They don't allow themselves to be critical of something that "you're supposed to get"...or else then you're the butt of the joke. So transparent.

...it's confidence thing.

...it's like being cool about being cool.

...it's like watching "Ghost World" and laughing along at all the people that the 2 girls make fun of...but then actually realizing the movie's also making fun of them (which is something I'm guessing some certain dudes in here wouldn't get).

...it's kinda like that.

...Do you think I've posted enough examples to prove how cool I actually am?

I'm cool, that's right.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can't believe you just said you guys are too cool for Borat to pick on...

Wow! You just DID prove my point with the whole Britney hating thing (that you said didn't apply to you). It's like "no I'm cool. I'm down. I get it. No one can make fun of me because I'd get the joke right away...no really I would!!!"

I'm trying not to be rude, but you guys are kinda hurtin'. You really don't understand the level this conversation is on...sorry.

Oh, sweet. You're just too perfect. Say something else...

EPIIIBITES
Ok. See look:

"Yagshemesh. I'm-a-Borat. I like you." (in Khasakstani accent)

"You like Khazakstan?" (also, in Khazakstani accent)

"U...S...and A!! U...S...........and A!!"

Pretty good right?

...then who would Borat pick on? Cool people like us? Don't think so...

Fine so you were in fact being facetious...had to check to bring it out of you.

See, I'm down man. I'm down. Yeeeeaaaaah.

EPIIIBITES
This is just getting insanely ironic and double entendre...I don't even know whose side I'm supposed to be on any more.

All I know is I'm cool!

Yeah...that's right. I'm cool.

EPIIIBITES

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow, you really are ridiculous, aren't you?

Here's a more balanced discussion on the topic.

The genius of Cohen's satirical character is that he acts as a catalyst to show the utter racist, sexist, nationalist and homophobic nature at the core of modern America. Oh, and it's also really funny. Like your posts.

Zoing.

EPIIIBITES
Oh...great. How eye-opening.

Dude...my last post seriuosly, undoubtedly, unequivocaly pwnd you.

You have nothing on me...I'm sure you really, really think you do.

...and sure enough, your comeback was basically "you don't get the joke"...amazing, incredible. Absolutely amazing that that's all you can do...AND I EVEN CALLED IT!

Wow. Way to figure out the underlying irony in his humour and the poignant social commentary it makes...Oh how I only wish that critic I quoted and myslef understood that.

Seriously weak dude.

That's the thing...you're analysis of the humour stops their. You think that JUST BECAUSE there is a subtext in his humour, then it's ok. Don't worry...you're not alone.

So as soon as you see someone criticize it you're like, "You don't get it! You don't get it!"

Way to jump in there without actually considering what I posted in the first place!! Good one!

I'm guessing you still don't know what I'm talking about...I honestly wonder why you'd bother with another reply, 'cause you really got nothing...I already know what the argument will be...that's right...I don't GET Borat.

Well...it was great arguing with you...at least you don't back down...I'll give you credit there.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Listen, 'dude'...If the subtext of the comedy is a social commentary that highlights the ignorance of others then the overall tone isn't cruel, but rather enlightening. The mirror of Borat's 'offensiveness' reflects the bigoted opinions of the majority of the groups that Cohen targets.

You really are missing the bigger picture, hence why you're being called out for 'not getting it'. 'Cos you don't, see?

EPIIIBITES
I get it.

It's just not funny.

'Cause it's offensive.

Stop arguing.

You got nothing.

Tell a joke or something.

BackFire

FistOfThe North
It looks funny as hell. I like loved some of Tom Green's offensive antics but this guy looks like he takes it to a whole new level.

EPIIIBITES
Whoa, you mean to say that there's some people who don't like the humor? That's crazy talk. The only humor that's good is the humor that everyone enjoys and that is offensive to nobody. Like Full House, Full House was the best humor ever because it didn't offend anyone and everyone could enjoy it.

Seriously, it's one critic, the film is getting massive praise by the majority who see it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

You've already been pwnd. Read the posts.

BackFire
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

You've already been pwnd. Read the posts.

Hahahaha, such a clever guy using such unique and clever internet slang against people who make totally valid posts that challenge yours. No wonder your humor is just soooooo much higher up than those who like Borat.

Read the posts, they were crap. I've not been "pwned". One critic not liking the movie is hardly pwning anyone, what are you, 12?

EPIIIBITES
Yeah clever internet slang techniques! Yeah. Meh meh.

I'm right. You're wrong!

Blah blah blah!

I can't hear you!

but really, when it comes to arguing with people who have a one-dimensional way at looking at art, those kinds of responses somehow seem appropriate and the only thing to use.

Offensive isn't funny...it's offensive...It's cutting corners on the humour end of things in place of shock value.

And I said in the first post, if you think that sexist, racist, mean spirited stuff is funny, then you should check your head.

Keep arguing whatever you want, but I have indeed PWND this conversation with my last few posts.

That's right, PWWWWWWWND.

Nice try, oh child of the South Park generation.

BackFire
Offensive ain't funny, you say? Tell that to George Carlin, tell that to Richard Prior, tell that to Bill Hicks, tell that to the creators of The Simpsons, Married with Children, South Park, All in the Family and Roseanne. Tell that to some of the most respected and successful comedy minds in the world and some of the most popular programs ever created.

Yes, offensive humor is a totally valid way to entertain. It's a great way to point out the silliness of it all, getting offended over something so silly. You being on an illogical high horse thinking that something inherently can't be funny if it's offensive makes no difference, some of the most successful comedians and TV show's have pushed the boundries of acceptability by being offensive and daring. Offensive humor is good humor, it allows for progression. If no one did offensive humor, then we'd still be watching some guy telling knock knock jokes to the audience as a 'cutting edge' comedy act.

You seem to be forgetting that humor is absolutely subjective. You saying "offensive isn't funny" is no more true to me than me saying "offensive IS funny" is to you. The difference is I'm not condeming those who don't think it is funny, as you are to those who disagree with your stance. Your viewpoint is much more one-dimensional than mine is, seeing as you're the one fallaciously ignoring opposite arguments simply because you don't agree with them. Note, that I'm actually responding with actual reasoning and evidence to support my side.

Funny you call me a child when you're the one basically plugging your ears and saying "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right!!! NEENERNEENERNEENER PWNED!" as your main argument against opposite viewpoints. More hypocracy on your part, my friend.

Get off your high horse, you don't like offensive humor? Fine, no one gives a shit, go watch Oxygen or Lifetime. Don't go around saying "Offensive isn't funny" as if it's some undeniable fact just because you subscribe to it.

Strangelove
EPIII...not only have you lost the conversation, but you're making a complete moron of yourself.

Borat looks incredibly funny, I can't wait to see it

EPIIIBITES
Offensive ain't funny, you say? Tell that to George Carlin, tell that to Richard Prior, tell that to Bill Hicks, tell that to the creators of The Simpsons, Married with Children, South Park, All in the Family and Roseanne. Tell that to some of the most respected and successful comedy minds in the world and some of the most popular programs ever created.

Yeah...I used to find those funny...before I GREW UP...unfortunately for the folks behind that humour, they didn't.

You seem to be forgetting that humor is absolutely subjective. You saying "offensive isn't funny" is no more true to me than me saying "offensive IS funny" is to you. The difference is I'm not condeming those who don't think it is funny, as you are to those who disagree with your stance. Your viewpoint is much more one-dimensional than mine is, seeing as you're the one fallaciously ignoring opposite arguments simply because you don't agree with them.

Well...I'm not saying you don't find it funny...obviously you do. Good for you. You are the kind of person that finds offensive humour funny. Thank heavens I'm not...and yeah I am condeming those who don't agree with me...because there's nothing wrong with what I find funny...there is however something wrong with offensive humour....IT'S OFFENSIVE.

Funny you call me a child when you're the one basically plugging your ears and saying "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right!!! NEENERNEENERNEENER PWNED!" as your main argument against opposite viewpoints. More hypocracy on your part, my friend.

Don't quite get the whole tongue-in-cheek humour do you?

You got nothing dude...'casue you simply don't understand...once again...oh child of the South Park generation.

EPIII...not only have you lost the conversation, but you're making a complete moron of yourself.

Oh yeah, of course...some dude just dropping in on the conversation knows what's up.

At the end of the day...that humour is loved by unenlightened, unethical, generation X crybabies who demand that offensive humour be respected, because that's all their dark souls find amusing...

...oh man...that was gold. I think I'm gonna use that as a response for whatever criticism that's coming...'casue I'm sure once the movie hits, they'll be a lot of your types here.

I know...you don't understand...go back down to South Park wink

Strangelove
Oh yeah, of course...some dude just dropping in on the conversation knows what's up.I did just drop in, but I read the whole conversation...you lose, and fail by extension no expression

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah...I used to find those funny...before I GREW UP...unfortunately for the folks behind that humour, they didn't.

Well...I'm not saying you don't find it funny...obviously you do. Good for you. You are the kind of person that finds offensive humour funny. Thank heavens I'm not...and yeah I am condeming those who don't agree with me...because there's nothing wrong with what I find funny...there is however something wrong with offensive humour....IT'S OFFENSIVE.

You got nothing dude...'casue you simply don't understand...once again...oh child of the South Park generation.

Oh yeah, of course...some dude just dropping in on the conversation knows what's up.

At the end of the day...that humour is loved by unenlightened, unethical, generation X crybabies who demand that offensive humour be respected, because that's all their dark souls find amusing...

...oh man...that was gold. I think I'm gonna use that as a response for whatever criticism that's coming...'casue I'm sure once the movie hits, they'll be a lot of your types here.

I find the idiocy of your posts offensive, but I am still able to laugh at them.

Considering what you are trying to say, don't you think that's ironic?

BackFire

Ohhhh, yeah I know, right? Well, I'm sure it devastates them to hear that, their shows, being so popular, respected and influential is being bashed by some guy who's SN references a Star Wars movie. Because if some squares and idiots are offended by some words and some humor, their humor holds no value, right? No humor should take chances, break the mold, or push the envelope. Humor has no place being edgy. How old are you, anyways? I've noticed that you've conveniently left your age out of your profile, and you keep saying you've "out grown" this type of humor. But apparently you haven't out grown saying "pwned" all the time.

Problem is, nearly EVERYTHING is offensive to someone. If people choose to be offended by something someone says out of humor, just for shits and giggles, that's totally their fault. Yes, it's your fault you find this humor offensive, it's based on nothing but your own subjective feelings, thus it's meaningless to anyone else. Why should anyone give a shit if you get offended by something, learn to deal with it, that wonderful freedom of speech thing. It's pretty sweeeet.

Oh, so this is the highly intelligent humor you subscribe to, continuously saying 'pwned' over and over and ignoring points people are making? Let me try, "So, people who don't like offensive humor, they suck, some critic agrees with me about my random feelings about a movie, PWNED oh man I pwned this thread so hard, you have been pwned. Read the posts, pwned, your humor is lame, haha, pwned again. Man, this great humor of mine must just be going over your head, because it's so complex". Wow, that was easy. Well, now I'm thankful that I don't share your humor, and that you don't share mine, don't want people like you having anything in common with me.

And no, I'm not the South Park generation, whatever that means. I'm more The Simpsons generation. Which I'm sure you hate, despite the fact that it's one of the finest shows ever created, because they made fun of some people before, and that's so offensive, because humor becomes worthless if someone somewhere gets upset over it. I do enjoy South Park, though, great show. But I'm sure it goes over your head.

Want to clarify, you said this in response to something Strangelove said, yet when you quoted it, you said I said it. Learn to use the quote function properly, next time.

Funny how you call people who like offensive humor crybabies, when it's you and people like you whine and moan about offensive humor. Teehee, I love irony, don't you?

Pot, meet kettle. Oh, don't get offended, though.

Kram3r
Hey, EPIIIBITES

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4150/211poofscommercialculw0.gif

How's that for offensive, b*tch. ermm

EPIIIBITES
Thats' pretty funny laughing

First of all...I've never said ONCE that I myself get offended by this humour...but I do maintain that it is offensive and I am speaking for the people it targets (the usual...feminists, jews, minority groups).

But there's a responsibility we have to our fellow brothers and sisters not to desensitize people from jokes about race, sex, etc...by continuing to make them. As long as you keep pushing the stereotypes of all these groups, that's all they'll be, and people will never look deeper...I'm not saying they're going to go out and pick on gays, feminists, etc...'cause most people are smarter than that (and that's not the intent of the creators of that humour)...but it doesn't do anything to erase the stereotypes...thus people will never examine what these groups are about/have to say.

...and then of course there are people who don't get the joke, and in fact wil go out and pick on these groups...what a lax approach you take knowing FULL WELL there are lots of morons out there like that.

EPIIIBITES
Second of all, the argument you made about people getting offended over anything...that's such an old lame, falacious argument..."well then, we might as well have anything go, because it's going to offend people anyway!!!

Oh my...that's like saying...."well the world's going to hell in a handbasket anyways, so I might as well keep littering"...Good logic!

Once again...I'll bet any money you don't understand.

Well of course they'll get offended...so what, you shouldn't try to make a conscious effort NOT to be offensive...because they'll get offended regardless?? What a marvelous way to live your life!! In fact we should all live our lives like that!

If you offend people unintentionally, THEN it's their problem...at least you did your part...it really isn't that hard a concept to understand.

And lastly, I WAS quoting and refering to the other guy...that's why I said "some dude just dropping in"...and what followed wasn't addressed just to you...not that hard to figure out!

Your arguments suck...you're immature, and think you REALLY understand "high brow" humour and that others OBVIOUSLY don't...but at the end of the day, you are in fact just a confused child of the South Park generation..."yeah, let's make fun of mentally handicaped people...COOOOOOL!"

and btw...

......PWND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...i'm an ass

EPIIIBITES
I find the idiocy of your posts offensive, but I am still able to laugh at them.

Considering what you are trying to say, don't you think that's ironic?
good one!!!! Read post above for clarification on irresponsibly offensive and unintentionally offensive ('casue you obviouosly can't figure it out for yourself).

Bill Cosby's my Hero!!!!

...no he's not actually

jaden101
when borat was first shown, his offensiveness was overlooked because he acted more toward simply being naive....

the difference now is that most of the jokes dont seem to be borne from the same naivity that allows you to overlook the implied insults

in that way it was very similar to louis theroux and the way he goaded the white supremacists of south africa into making themselves look stupid

borat now tries to make them look stupid rather than allowing them to do it for themselves...

EPIIIBITES
Chalk another one up for the guy with brains.

I don't think these dudes realize they're dealing with a different Borat in the movie version...which was exactly the point of the reviewer, and my point from the beginning...first words of my first post..."Borat's junk NOW."

...it's hard...it really is.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
But there's a responsibility we have to our fellow brothers and sisters not to desensitize people from jokes about race, sex, etc...by continuing to make them. As long as you keep pushing the stereotypes of all these groups, that's all they'll be, and people will never look deeper...I'm not saying they're going to go out and pick on gays, feminists, etc...'cause most people are smarter than that (and that's not the intent of the creators of that humour)...but it doesn't do anything to erase the stereotypes...thus people will never examine what these groups are about/have to say.

You're still not getting it, are you? The people he goads into making the bigoted, racist, homophobic, sexist comments are made to look ridiculous. The end result of which is that the people who are watching consider their own take on the situation. This, more often than not, results in an alignment with the minority group that is being 'attacked'. Thus creating a sense of empathy, you silly gnat. 'Empathy'.

Originally posted by jaden101
when borat was first shown, his offensiveness was overlooked because he acted more toward simply being naive....

the difference now is that most of the jokes dont seem to be borne from the same naivity that allows you to overlook the implied insults

in that way it was very similar to louis theroux and the way he goaded the white supremacists of south africa into making themselves look stupid

borat now tries to make them look stupid rather than allowing them to do it for themselves...

Maybe so, but the end result is still the same: Stupid people looking stupid, and me laughing stupidly at stupid people.

EPIIIBITES
Wow...you've just stated the blatantly obvious...Yes, over the five years...count 'em...FIVE YEARS I've been watching Borat (did i mention I've been watching him for 5 years?), I have indeed seen him goat many a people into saying things like "we should hunt jews"...i don't find that funny...I just find it cruel, as well as sad. And he does so by perpetuating jewish stereotypes and reinforcing hatred for them.

Or another aspect of his act is to show people being intolerant of him...and that's because he makes khazakstani's look like village idiots...again, not funny...mean.

But yet another aspect is of his comedy is to just be an annoying, occasionally drunk, occasionally ungrateful guest/inturder that just pisses people off...once more...not funny.

But good thing we have you around to spell out the obvious for us morons who don't understand what we're watching.

PS. This is getting old. At the end of the day, it's people with a conscience like myslef, my favourite critic in the world, and a couple other smart people in here vs. people who just want to defend mean, offensive humour (in whatever its form) because of the shock value of hearing offensive stuff thrown around and laughing at anyone/anything involved in the process.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow...you've just stated the blatantly obvious...Yes, over the five years...count 'em...FIVE YEARS I've been watching Borat (did i mention I've been watching him for 5 years?), I have indeed seen him goat many a people into saying things like "we should hunt jews"...i don't find that funny...I just find it cruel, as well as sad. And he does so by perpetuating jewish stereotypes and reinforcing hatred for them.

Wow, you're hilarious! I've been stating variations of the same thing over the last page, and yet you still don't get it! There must be a name for people like you...

But wait...

But good thing we have you around to spell out the obvious for us morons who don't understand what we're watching.

Just when I thought you'd never get it, you post this ^. Finally, a break-through! You're very welcome, moron.

EDIT: If what I posted is obvious, then what is the problem here? If you realise that Cohen's intention is to use Borat to make the people who purport racist/homophobic/sexist/jingoistic views look ridiculous, then where is the offense? Unless you hold views akin to those who are made to look ridiculous.

Ooo, I think I just got too close to the metal, right?

EPIIIBITES
The very answer to what you just asked is in my last post, and in the last post of the other dude who knows what's up, and is in the film critics review...you're making absolutley no sense now. You're incredibly confused.

Ths is old

bye

DeVi| D0do
Borat is funny.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The very answer to what you just asked is in my last post, and in the last post of the other dude who knows what's up, and is in the film critics review...you're making absolutley no sense now. You're incredibly confused.

Ths is old

bye

In no part of your last post do I see the words: "I'm sorry everyone. You're all right. I'm an idiot".

EPIIIBITES
That is so far the lamest contribution to this whole conversation. It makes absolutely no sense...it has no bearing on what I said (in reaction to what you asked)...you're like an 10-year old trying to get the last jab in at whatever cost.

Great...I'm an idiot, a moron, however else you wanna insult me. Good for you...You won...have fun living in your own ignorance.

PS. I think you're just jealous 'cause I have a cool-ass sig and you could muster up is a bunch of text...yes...that's it.

DeVi| D0do
In no part of your last post do I see the words: "I'm sorry everyone. You're all right. I'm an idiot".
I know I'm just a tad late to the party, but there's not even any point in arguing with EPIII... this is the guy who thinks that film isn't subjective and that his is the only correct and true opinion... Seriously, save yourself the effort.

EPIIIBITES
Yeah...the guy who has friends who are art scholars, univeristy professors, accomplished musicians etc...that all agree art isn't in fact subjective...

...just because we're a minority (of intellectuals) doesn't mean we're wrong.

EPIIIBITES
Yeah...the guy who has friends who are art scholars, univeristy professors, accomplished musicians that all agree art isn't in fact subjective

and we're starting our own cult.

The Core
Art is subjective. It's open to interpretation, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be a form of personal expression. That's not an opinion. It's a fact, and to think otherwise is incredibly egocentric.

Anycrap, Borat, to me, is funny as hell, and I can appreciate SBC's brand of humor. If any of you think that this guy is out to sabotage a country, and their people, the likes of which we probably never even KNEW existed...please re-evaluate your sense of humor. I applaud the man for having the balls to be play so coy, clueless, and unknowingly offensive and STILL making it amusing.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That is so far the lamest contribution to this whole conversation. It makes absolutely no sense...it has no bearing on what I said (in reaction to what you asked)...you're like an 10-year old trying to get the last jab in at whatever cost.

Great...I'm an idiot, a moron, however else you wanna insult me. Good for you...You won...have fun living in your own ignorance.

PS. I think you're just jealous 'cause I have a cool-ass sig and you could muster up is a bunch of text...yes...that's it.

Au contraire, mon petit fleur, the problem here is that you are a silly little fool. I'm not even being insulting, merely describing what I see.

Yeah...the guy who has friends who are art scholars, univeristy professors, accomplished musicians etc...that all agree art isn't in fact subjective...

...just because we're a minority (of intellectuals) doesn't mean we're wrong.

"Look at me! I watched Borat 5 years ago AND I've got these people as my friends..."

I'd label you 'pathetic' if I didn't find your affliction so amusing. Carry on...

EPIIIBITES
In a way that sounds full out dumb...but in a way it's what I end up having to say...because at the end of the day I've always been on the cutting edge of new comedy/comedians, I've always had my finger on the pulse on what people start to find funny and why, and I discuss these things with intellectuals who share the same keeness on knowing what's fresh. We obviously don't agree on everything...nobody does, but we are educated, we are fans of Plato (google "ideal forms"wink, and we're not small minded enough to just think "oh everything must be subjective...because we all have different opinions!"...what tiny thinking.

I am NOT getting into a discussion about subjectivity, but I will inform you that you are talking to someone who is well educated, well respected, and well confident, and who really doesn't think too much of someone as ignorant as you who clearly doesn't understand what I'm saying.

I'll do you one more favour...and if you don't understand this you must be have poo for brains! I tried to direct you here but you weren't capable of figuring it out...The answer to your question:

"If what I posted is obvious, then what is the problem here? If you realise that Cohen's intention is to use Borat to make the people who purport racist/homophobic/sexist/jingoistic views look ridiculous, then where is the offense?"

It's what I've already said many times...and what the critic said, and what some other poster said...is that it's often done in a way that's mean spirited, irresponsible, and annoying...and MORE NOW than before. The three of us have picked up on that...you haven't. Accept it. Accept that maybe you're not as on top of things as you maybe you think you are, and that maybe we have a point.

EPIIIBITES
...and... (to further spell it out for you becasue I know you won't be able to figure out the last part)...it's mean spirited, irresponsible, and annoying to different people at different times (both the minority groups etc he uses for his material, and the people he uses that material on).

That's not good humour my friend. I'm sure you think it is...and I know full well why.

So here you go...the answer (you couldn't figure out) that I was talking about...

I have indeed seen him goat many a people into saying things like "we should hunt jews"...i don't find that funny...I just find it cruel, as well as sad. And he does so by perpetuating jewish stereotypes and reinforcing hatred for them.

Or another aspect of his act is to show people being intolerant of him...and that's because he makes khazakstani's look like village idiots...again, not funny...mean.

But yet another aspect is of his comedy is to just be an annoying, occasionally drunk, occasionally ungrateful guest/inturder that just pisses people off...once more...not funny.

The Core
Why are you acting like exploitation is something that all of a sudden has become offensive? Baron Cohen's brave, and as the all too common disclaimer reads...

It makes me laugh, not because it's funny, because it's just so outrageous, as are the reactions, and the collective stupidity of his "prey". God forbid you people ever watch "Wonder Showzen". They use kids in that show.

Deano
isnt sacha jewish btw?

MildPossession
He is Jewish I think.

I have never really seen what Borat is like but the trailer looks interesting so will get it out on dvd.

EPIIIBITES
Yes, he is Jewish.

Victor Von Doom
Borat, yeah. Comedy and all that.

Anyway, did someone say that art is objective?

That's certainly funny, whether or not Borat is.

EPIIIBITES
Pfft!

btw...that art above is pretty darn cool.

~Flamboyant~

~Flamboyant~
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that EPIII is an idiot. Can't wait till this movie comes out!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
In a way that sounds full out dumb...but in a way it's what I end up having to say...because at the end of the day I've always been on the cutting edge of new comedy/comedians, I've always had my finger on the pulse on what people start to find funny and why, and I discuss these things with intellectuals who share the same keeness on knowing what's fresh. We obviously don't agree on everything...nobody does, but we are educated, we are fans of Plato (google "ideal forms"wink, and we're not small minded enough to just think "oh everything must be subjective...because we all have different opinions!"...what tiny thinking.

I am NOT getting into a discussion about subjectivity, but I will inform you that you are talking to someone who is well educated, well respected, and well confident, and who really doesn't think too much of someone as ignorant as you who clearly doesn't understand what I'm saying.

All that typing yet all you've been able to create is a brain fart? You stink!

Don't tell me...I need to explain that one to you too, right?

I'll do you one more favour...and if you don't understand this you must be have poo for brains! I tried to direct you here but you weren't capable of figuring it out...The answer to your question:

"If what I posted is obvious, then what is the problem here? If you realise that Cohen's intention is to use Borat to make the people who purport racist/homophobic/sexist/jingoistic views look ridiculous, then where is the offense?"

It's what I've already said many times...and what the critic said, and what some other poster said...is that it's often done in a way that's mean spirited, irresponsible, and annoying...and MORE NOW than before. The three of us have picked up on that...you haven't. Accept it. Accept that maybe you're not as on top of things as you maybe you think you are, and that maybe we have a point.

You're not stating anything I haven't already attributed to you, but just so we're clear: You're taking offense on behalf of the racist, homophobic, sexist and jingoistic people of the world. That's nice. Good company...

Silly boy, go talk to your 'scholars'...Arghahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

EPIIIBITES
Ooooooh, haaaaaaaahaaaaaa

Keep it comin' little children.

...it's alright, it's alright...I can take it.

I can't WAIT till the movie opens and we get tons of people coming into this thread talking about how "brilliant" Borat is, and then seeing their reaction of SHOCK as they find out someone has actually dissed Borat, challenged their sense of humour, and questioned their character...and there's bound to also be tons of newbie Borat fans which will be even better.

Guess one mistake I might've indeed made was to think I would actually find people in a "Borat" thread that would in fact be capable of considering an opposing opinion without lashing out at it, insulting it, and offer up countless mindless arguments against it..."People get offended by anything anyway"..."Cohen is a genius because he makes fun of people who deserve it"...and my new favourite..."The shop owner signed a release???" What the??? GOOD ONE!

(there was one person actually)

P.S. I think I'll go to the Bill Cosby forum where there are probably more intelligent people who don't swear, and who talk about good, wholesome humour in a more civilized way.

EPIIIBITES
Okay I'm back...that forum sucked.

DeVi| D0do
I think that Borat is funny.

Yup.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

I can't WAIT till the movie opens and we get tons of people coming into this thread talking about how "brilliant" Borat is, and then seeing their reaction of SHOCK as they find out someone has actually dissed Borat, challenged their sense of humour, and questioned their character...and there's bound to also be tons of newbie Borat fans which will be even better.

Guess one mistake I might've indeed made was to think I would actually find people in a "Borat" thread that would in fact be capable of considering an opposing opinion without lashing out at it, insulting it, and offer up countless mindless arguments against it..."People get offended by anything anyway"..."Cohen is a genius because he makes fun of people who deserve it"...and my new favourite..."The shop owner signed a release???" What the??? GOOD ONE!

Oh, dear...

I don't think anyone here minds you having an opposing opinion of Borat; you're completely entitled to that. However, the problem is that you don't really understand the nature and purpose of the humour in the first place. That's what everyone is berating you for. Indeed, it's really a shame seeing as you've shouted from the highest mountain about how you "knew him before he was cool, so there...blah, blah, blah" and that you've had countless debates about him with you, yourself and EIIIBITES...eh, I mean 'intelligent, smart, smart, smart scholars and people who can read good and do other stuff good too'...Arghahahahahahahaha! You're a complete joke. Make some more posts...I'm in a generous mood, and I wish to indulge my funny bone. It really loves to laugh. At you.

EPIIIBITES
You got nothing on me!!!!

EPIIIBITES
5 YEARS!!!

EPIIIBITES
Borat for Halloween!!

EPIIIBITES
I have smart friends!!!

EPIIIBITES
I give to charity!!

EPIIIBITES
However, the problem is that you don't really understand the nature and purpose of the humour in the first place. That's what everyone is berating you for.

You are a real piece of work...you know just as well as I do that I GET the humour...I've effortlessly indicated as such in more than a couple of my posts, citing exactly the same reasons you find it funny.

For the past umpteen posts you've been using the same thing as your argument...even after I challenged you and predicted you would...and it's because you're in denial of the fact that a) I have in fact enjoyed Borat for many a year (5 actually!!!), and that b) maybe there's something to what I'm saying, but you don't want to admit it. So you just keep with he same lame argument.

I get Borat far better than you little child...and the really disturbing thing about all this is...you KNOW I do. I'm dealing with an individual who is incapabale of being honest with himself for the sake of intelligent coversation.

I've proven you wrong countless times, I've shown why even though I get it as much as you get it, I don't find (what to get) all that funny anymore...and at the end of the day it's because I've grown up, I have developed a respnsble conscience regarding this sort comedy, and that you have not. THIS sums up what the "problem" you're saying is.

...just been pwnd.

...and most people have just come on said "Borat's funny". Although others have tried, you're really the only one with any semi-intelligent input....and I stress SEMI (heeheehee)...so no EVERYONE hasn't been berating me for that.

...pwnd.

...seriously, utterly, unequivically...

...pwnd.

Aussy
I've met the guy when he was cruising up and down the west coast in Perth in a cadillac twice the width of the lane with 20 bimbos draped across his arms. I had a 2 minute conversation with him telling me how great our weather was and how the audience needs humour that shows them how stupid and pathetic ignorance is and how the best way to combat it is often through laughter.
He did it Ali G style which just proved to me personally how humour and social commentry go hand in hand very well.

EPIIIBITES
Yeah...only there's a responsible way of doing that...see "The Ringer"...there's an irresponsible way of doing that...see "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"

(although the latter will probably be considered funnier then the former piece of fluff)

Alpha Centauri
Should anyone who uses the word "Pwned" with seriousness be given any credibility anyway?

-AC

~Flamboyant~

(there was one person actually)

P.S. I think I'll go to the Bill Cosby forum where there are probably more intelligent people who don't swear, and who talk about good, wholesome humour in a more civilized way. Yes, the shopowner had to sign a release form in order to be included in the movie. This is needed on shows such as Candid Camera, and shows/movies such as Jackass. The company can be sued if they put someone in a movie who did not sign a release form.

Strangelove
Yeah...only there's a responsible way of doing that...see "The Ringer"...there's an irresponsible way of doing that...see "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"

(although the latter will probably be considered funnier then the former piece of fluff) Oh yes, which is funnier: making fun of retarded people who can't feasibly defend themselves, or biting social commentary and exposing racial prejudice with a pseudo-foreigner? As long as it's scripted, you can be as offensive as you like! That's your argument, Bites?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Should anyone who uses the word "Pwned" with seriousness be given any credibility anyway?

-AC

I use it a lot. It amuses me. Well. then again I use it in my day to day language..with only Germans around..so one might assume it is for comedy purposes.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Bardock42
I use it a lot. It amuses me. Well. then again I use it in my day to day language..with only Germans around..so one might assume it is for comedy purposes.

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before...but some of these people CLEARLY don't understand tongue-in-cheek humour. Thank you Bardock...(and yes the beginning of this sentence was an example of what I'm talking about).

Funny how my self-depricating behaviour has been running all throughout this conversation and it's gone completely over most of their heads (according to their very comments).

Amazing some of the people I'm dealing with...and they talk about me not getting humour...oh my. OHHH MY!

Originally posted by Strangelove
Oh yes, which is funnier: making fun of retarded people who can't feasibly defend themselves, or biting social commentary and exposing racial prejudice with a pseudo-foreigner? As long as it's scripted, you can be as offensive as you like! That's your argument, Bites?

Ok....So you obviously don't know anything about "The Ringer" or how it was made.

Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
Yes, the shopowner had to sign a release form in order to be included in the movie. This is needed on shows such as Candid Camera, and shows/movies such as Jackass. The company can be sued if they put someone in a movie who did not sign a release form.

Are you even saying anything here?

Strangelove
You obviously don't know anything about "The Ringer" or how it was made. I know enough about it to know that someone who prefers tasteless comedy by the Farrelly Brothers and Johnny Knoxville than tasteless political satire needs to reexamine his intellect

EPIIIBITES
Ok right. You don't know anything about it...next time, get informed before you enter a conversation you know nothing about.

Ushgarak
This thread is becoming an ego contest rather than a discussion on the film. Cut it out.

And EPIIIBITES- stop it with the damn thread spamming.

Lunch_Meat
This'll be the first friday night in awhile that a good movie is coming out and I don't have a football game, opening night mos def for this movie, looks awesome, also had great reviews from Toronto Film Festival.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This thread is becoming an ego contest rather than a discusison on the film. Cut it out.

And EPIIIBITES- stop it with the damn thread spamming.
I'm a KMC addict...sorry. rock

...yeah I thnk we've killed it...thanks for the fresh post Lunch_Meat.

Strangelove
Ok right. You don't know anything about it...next time, get informed before you enter a conversation you know nothing about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Flamboyant~
Stop me if you think you've heard this one before...but some of these people CLEARLY don't understand tongue-in-cheek humour. Thank you Bardock...(and yes the beginning of this sentence was an example of what I'm talking about).

Funny how my self-depricating behaviour has been running all throughout this conversation and it's gone completely over most of their heads (according to their very comments).

Amazing some of the people I'm dealing with...and they talk about me not getting humour...oh my. OHHH MY!

Ok....So you obviously don't know anything about "The Ringer" or how it was made.

Are you even saying anything here? Yes, with what you originally wrote, you seemed to imply that you did not believe he needed to sign a release form. I am basically telling you that you are incorrect.

EPIIIBITES
I have no idea what this person's argument is...does anyone else care to explain?

...or why don't we just move on like Ush suggested?

=Tired Hiker=
I can't wait to see this film as well, I hope he bags on Americans as much as he does in the show, it's soooooooo funny and true. Of course not all Americans are like the ones he picks on, but most of us are, especially Texans.

office jesus
Why is there such a big deal over this movie? It's just another guy trying to piss off a whole lot of people. It looks rather stupid and ignorant to me.

EPIIIBITES
Words cannot describe how much I love you.

=Tired Hiker=
Ever try numbers?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You are a real piece of work...you know just as well as I do that I GET the humour...I've effortlessly indicated as such in more than a couple of my posts, citing exactly the same reasons you find it funny.

But you don't get really get it, do you? You just think you do. If you did understand the nature of the satire, you would realise that it is only offensive to people who represent the type of views the Sasha Baron Cohen is parodying through Borat. See, I've spelled it out to you now, do you get it?

*crosses fingers and legs, prays to sweet baby Jesus*

For the past umpteen posts you've been using the same thing as your argument...even after I challenged you and predicted you would...and it's because you're in denial of the fact that a) I have in fact enjoyed Borat for many a year (5 actually!!!), and that b) maybe there's something to what I'm saying, but you don't want to admit it. So you just keep with he same lame argument.

I get Borat far better than you little child...and the really disturbing thing about all this is...you KNOW I do. I'm dealing with an individual who is incapabale of being honest with himself for the sake of intelligent coversation.

I've proven you wrong countless times, I've shown why even though I get it as much as you get it, I don't find (what to get) all that funny anymore...and at the end of the day it's because I've grown up, I have developed a respnsble conscience regarding this sort comedy, and that you have not. THIS sums up what the "problem" you're saying is.

Woah! So many brain-farts, and yet such a tiny specimen...

...just been pwnd.

...and most people have just come on said "Borat's funny". Although others have tried, you're really the only one with any semi-intelligent input....and I stress SEMI (heeheehee)...so no EVERYONE hasn't been berating me for that.

...pwnd.

...seriously, utterly, unequivically...

...pwnd.

Let 'em rip, funny boy...Let 'em rip!

The problem is that 'humour' is generally supposed to be...funny. If it's not, then it's just perceived as a silly little kid saying a bunch of crap. Which, convieniently enough, brings us back to you and your brain-farts...

See what I did there? Yea, that's the way.

~Flamboyant~
I have no idea what this person's argument is...does anyone else care to explain?

...or why don't we just move on like Ush suggested? I'm not arguing. I'm just informing.

Ushgarak
Seriously, can we stop with the personal attacks in here now? Thankyou.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm an idiot. Do you mean I should stop describing - and attributing reasons for - EPIIIBITES' behaviour?

EPIIIBITES
?

Really...just move on.

Strangelove
?

Really...just move on. says the originator and perpetuator of the argument roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
Saw it last night...i havent laughed as hard as i did in a while yes Good shyte people...good shyte big grin

The Core
Originally posted by office jesus
Why is there such a big deal over this movie? It's just another guy trying to piss off a whole lot of people. It looks rather stupid and ignorant to me.

The ignorance is that which is outed from the people he baits. Hell, to suggest it's "baiting" is insulting, because it's more or less playing coy, and getting honest opinions.

Playing stupid is amusing.

BackFire
Movie was absolutely hilarious. Some great laughs. Nice to see a film succeed that actually deserves and earned its success for a change.

Solo
It's pretty funny.

The Core
Saw it today and was less than amused overall. It was just too unbalanced for me. Borat came off as too cultured in some things, and not in others, which made no sense. Cinematically speaking, it kept flip-flopping between documentary style and movie style, which lent to the whole "uneven" feel.

There is a reason some things are relegated to television.

InnerRise
I'm just finding out about Borat and would definitely like to see this movie. I'll probably end up seeing it for the first time on DVD though. I know I'll be getting the DVD and I'll also try and watch his shows that are reairing on HBO which I'm just learning about.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

EPIIIBITES
He's hilarious...there's some wierdos around here though that've got some hang-ups on his supposed rudeness.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
He's hilarious...there's some wierdos in here though that've got some hang-ups on his supposed rudeness.

I guess you're talking about me. I just don't see how leading ignorant people into making insults about minorities is funny. Where's the humanity in that? Where's the humanity, god-damn it!?!

-hh-
Movie was absolutely hilarious. Some great laughs. Nice to see a film succeed that actually deserves and earned its success for a change. the fat guy was Armenian by the way thumb up

the only problem for me was that he was speaking in Armenian to Borat and the subtitles were completley wrong stick out tongue

and i wasn't too sure what language Borat was speaking in (probably wasn't even a language)

anway, hilarious movie.

BackFire
Yeah, and mocking pompous ugly feminists isn't funny either, it's soooo offensive, man.

-hh-
Yeah, and mocking pompous ugly feminists isn't funny either, it's soooo offensive, man. laughing

office jesus
Originally posted by The Core
The ignorance is that which is outed from the people he baits. Hell, to suggest it's "baiting" is insulting, because it's more or less playing coy, and getting honest opinions.

Playing stupid is amusing.

..Am I the only one that truly finds him annoying? Sure it was cute at first, with the whole Ali G thing, but now this? Now it's getting old. And he needs to go away.

InnerRise
Well considering the amount of theaters this movie will be spreading to now, he won't be going away anytime soon. Plus his shows are reairing on HBO so yeah. Might even get renewed.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

EPIIIBITES
I guess you're talking about me. I just don't see how leading ignorant people into making insults about minorities is funny. Where's the humanity in that? Where's the humanity, god-damn it!?!

Ya see? Ya see what I mean people...this guy OBVIOUSLY doesn't get the joke!!!

Dude, you need to losen up. Seriously...it's just comedy.

I mean, do you REALLY think people are gonna go out and start throwing Jews down wells?

Seriously...

The Core
In a nutshell, the movie was just too inconsistant for me to enjoy. Too many shifts, in every aspect, and when Borat's true novelty wore off, then came the totally unmerited sex humor. I have to say, a good portion of the movie was tasteless, regardless of whatever agendas or reaction they were shooting for.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ya see? Ya see what I mean people...this guy OBVIOUSLY doesn't get the joke!!!

Dude, you need to losen up. Seriously...it's just comedy.

I mean, do you REALLY think people are gonna go out and start throwing Jews down wells?

Seriously...

Oh, I get it. I get it, alright. It's not a new thing to me either. I saw the first Borat episodes about 5 years ago. Got it then, got it now. I just think the people who find it so funny should question their morals. Laughing at feminists? Is that funny to you? Is it funny if someone says they'd be happy to go on a 'Jew Safari'? I don't think so...I just don't think so.

Shame on you. Shame one you.

Myth
In that case, shame on me wink

You can view people who like this humor in any way, but on the opposite side of things, many people see you as being way to sensitive (btw, my Jew friends loved the movie).

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Then, shame on you and all your money-grabbing, Yom Kippur-loving, Blintz-eating Jew friends.

Spartan005
KILL THE JEW EGG BEFORE IT HATCHES! laughing

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by -hh-

the only problem for me was that he was speaking in Armenian to Borat and the subtitles were completley wrong stick out tongue

and i wasn't too sure what language Borat was speaking in (probably wasn't even a language)

I'm sure the subtitles being wrong was intentional.

Borat spoke Hebrew.

J-Beowulf
Funniest movie I've ever seen, it was fantastic.

And the main actor is Jewish, not like he's an anti-semetist.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Myth
In that case, shame on me wink

You can view people who like this humor in any way, but on the opposite side of things, many people see you as being way to sensitive (btw, my Jew friends loved the movie).

Yeah...Yeeeah...YEEEEEEAH! You're way to sensitive Krunk'd Floo! It's not like there's gonna be another holocaust because of Borat! Ooooooh...I said the word "holocaust"...maybe I'm promoting genocide or something...oh, of course I am.

And you're worried about a Jew Safari?...there's no Jews in Africa...friggin idiot! Wrong continent genius!

5 years this guys been watchin' and he still thinks it's about blasting minorities

You know what, I think you're racist to Khazakstani's. How dare you make assumptions about them and their culture!

Here's a new song..."Throw Krunk'd Floo down the well!!!...

...so my forum can be freeeee!"

Feeling oppressed yet *****?

(Yep.....This side is so much more fun..............And I've gone totally insane.)

~Da Rev~
My throat hurts from laughing so damn hard.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah...Yeeeah...YEEEEEEAH! You're way to sensitive Krunk'd Floo! It's not like there's gonna be another holocaust because of Borat! Ooooooh...I said the word "holocaust"...maybe I'm promoting genocide or something...oh, of course I am.

And you're worried about a Jew Safari?...there's no Jews in Africa...friggin idiot! Wrong continent genius!

5 years this guys been watchin' and he still thinks it's about blasting minorities

You know what, I think you're racist to Khazakstani's. How dare you make assumptions about them and their culture!

Here's a new song..."Throw Krunk'd Floo down the well!!!...

...so my forum can be freeeee!"

Feeling oppressed yet *****?

(Yep.....This side is so much more fun..............And I've gone totally insane.)

Oh, right...So now you just throw insults at me because I have a different opinion? Well, that figures seeing as people like you and Borat seem to think that millions of dead Jewish people is something to laugh about. I don't. I have morals. Morals. Even if you throw me down the well, I'll drop some logs to raise the water level. See...I'm smart. I even have a friend who is a professor at a university. Another friend of mine is a member of MENSA. Then, there's another guy who debates for the SPDA. We hold discussions on things like this. We realise that Borat isn't big, and isn't clever. One time, one of my other intelligent friends said that Borat is an anti-metamorphic pseduo-anomly imitating a juxtapositional ambivalent equivalence of a participator. I agree with that. You probably don't even understand it. Oh, well. Go back to your movie and laugh at some dead babies.

§P0oONY
The film was totally different to what I was expecting, I wasn't expecting a storyline and I think that they pulled it off as they kept all the elements of the TV show the same and added a nice little background story to the character. Far better than Ali G Indahouse. Kudos Sacha. Kudos.

EPIIIBITES

Ushgarak must must be like WWWWWTTTTTFFFF???

Spartan005
Oh, right...So now you just throw insults at me because I have a different opinion? Well, that figures seeing as people like you and Borat seem to think that millions of dead Jewish people is something to laugh about. I don't. I have morals. Morals. Even if you throw me down the well, I'll drop some logs to raise the water level. See...I'm smart. I even have a friend who is a professor at a university. Another friend of mine is a member of MENSA. Then, there's another guy who debates for the SPDA. We hold discussions on things like this. We realise that Borat isn't big, and isn't clever. One time, one of my other intelligent friends said that Borat is an anti-metamorphic pseduo-anomly imitating a juxtapositional ambivalent equivalence of a participator. I agree with that. You probably don't even understand it. Oh, well. Go back to your movie and laugh at some dead babies.

Borat is Jewish if you didn't know....

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Spartan005

No he isn't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Core
SBC is Jewish, not Borat, in theory.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Spartan005

You're a holocaust-denier and a Nazi-sympathiser.

T.M
I just got back from this.. and hated every second of it.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by The Core
SBC is Jewish, not Borat, in theory.
Indeed. An antisemitic Kazakhstani concocted by a Jewish comedian.
Originally posted by T.M
I just got back from this.. and hated every second of it.
You must have the sense of humour of a redneck.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>