A Random Harry Potter Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dumbledorez.gal
Ok, I have DKP and DKH up, which were written by me and my twin sister. So I thought I'd take things into my own hands and write off the top of my head.

Here goes nothing:

The Potter Girl

(written as If im the main character)

My name is Vera Leigh Potter and I'm sixteen years old. I live with a man in an old house. He hardly talks to me and I don't even know his name. I have blackish-red hair, and bottle green eyes.

(I have to go now so i'll write more when i can)

DG

Brit531
Nice idea

OhILuvHP
thats pretty cool-but dont you think we would somehow already know if harry had a sis?

dumbledorez.gal
you have to wait to see the rest about if anyone knows if harry has a sis

dumbledorez.gal
(continued from last sentence)

I have lived with this man all my life. I hardly remember when I was younger. I do remember a little boy, with black hair running around playing with me, while I sat in the garden. What garden, I don't know. I remember a lady with red hair and bottle green eyes, eyes so like my own. And I remember two men. One with messy black hair and brown eyes, the other with long black hair and a beard. But, that's all.

I awoke to darkness in the old mansion in which I lived. I got up, blinking against the folds of black punding down on my eyes and looked towards the window. Sliver's of light were shining through and I walked over. The window was open. But, I was sure I had closed it when I went to bed. I turned back the curtians and blinked against the harsh sunny light.

dumbledorez.gal
"Vera." croaked an old man's voice. I turned and screamed. A man with a long white beard and white hair was standing next to my door. I screamed and tripped backwards, trying to escape. "Vera, hush." he said, with a voice loving, but stern. I stopped, shaking, trembling of the thought of why this man was here. "Vera, I am Albus Dumbledore." he said, walking a few steps forward. "Stay away from me." I said, trembling. "Vera, I am here to take you away from him." I got up, shaking, and said. "Who?" Albus DUmbledore walked forward, and looked me in the eye. "The owner of this house. He is an evil man."

Barker
Confusing, but Intriguing.

Continue. thumb up

dumbledorez.gal
I looked at Albus and said. "Why is this man evil?" Albus started to talk and I heard a footstep outside my door. "Quick, hide." I said, retreating to the shadows. "No, Vera. Your coming with me." He grabbed my hand and we disappeared. I felt like I couldn't breath and then . . . we landed.

I took a breath and looked around. We hadlanded infront of a house that looked hled up by . . . something. I looked at Albus who had just walked ahead. "Follow, Vera." He said. I looked back towards the sun and followled Albus.

dumbledorez.gal
Albus reached the door of this strange house. I looked at the yard. Messy, witha sign on the gate entitled. 'The Burrow.' I looked back at Albus who was talking with a plump lady with bright red hair. I looked post her, but the home was dark. Albus stopped talking to her and she looked at me. "Welcome. Come in, dearie." she said, standing aside to let me in. I must have looked a sight, because I was wearing grey pants and a over large top. I entered and looked around. The room was a jumble of things! It was crazy. I turned towards Albus who motioned to follow the woman. I followled her into a large living room, where a boy sat. He had black hair and bottle green eyes. He was sitting in an armchair, snoring slightly. "Harry. Wake up." said the woman, shaking his arm. He jumped up and looked around. Then, his eyes fell onto me.

dumbledorez.gal
Harry gasped, looking straight into my bottle green eyes. "Harry, this is Vera, your sister." Harry looked from the woman, to Dumbledore to me. "My sister . . ? How!" he demanded. Dumbledore told Harry, the woman and I to all sit down. Then, he told the story:

"Vera is really your half-sister. You have the same mother, Lily Potter. But, your father's are different. Harry's is James Potter. Vera's is Sirus Black. Her real name should be Vera Leigh Black. But, James thought Vera was his child and Lily never told him the truth. When Vera was little, and you were almost a year old, just before Voldemort attacked, her uncle, Regulas Black, came and stole her from the garden in which Sirus, James, Lily, Harry and herself were playing. Regulas stole his neice and she has lived with him all her life . . . until now. I discovered this story from an old diary of Sirus's, who before he died, wrote this all down, to be passed on to his daughter, when she turned sixteen, or if he died. I have been trying to find her and here I am. Harry, even if you had different parents, you should embrace her as your sister. After all you both have Lily's eyes."

Finished Dumbledore, looking from Harry to myself and the woman. Harry stole one more look at me before barging outside. Dumbledore followled and the woman turned to me. "Dearie, are you hungry? You very thin." I looked at her and smiled. "Yes, thank you, Madame." She turned into a kitchen and said. "It's Molly Weasley." I smiled and sat down at a table with assorted chairs. I could see into the garden, where Harry was raging at Dumbledore. Mrs Weasley tapped a stick at a pot on the stove and steam rose. "Wow." I whispered softly. "Dearie, haven't you seen magic before?" asked Mrs Weasley, hearing my whisper. "No, Mrs Weasley. I haven't ever seen this magic." She took her . . . wand? towards some bread and poked it, the bread slicing itself. Then, she ladled some soup into a dish and some bread flew over to me. I ate and soon, felt myself growing sleepy. "Vera, dearie. Why don't you go catch a nap? You can sleep on the couch. I'm afraid we've got no spare beds at the monent." I nodded and went to the living room, for a nice long nap.

dumbledorez.gal
"Who do you think she is?" whispered one voice.

"I don't know, but she has Harry's face." said another.

I opened my eyes to face three people. One was a girl with brown bushy hair. Another was a boy with red hair and freckles. And the last was another girl who also had red hair and freckles. I sat up, looking at them. "Who are you?" asked the boy. "She's Vera Leigh Potter-Black, guys." said the voice of Harry, who had just entered the room. The others seperated and Harry walked forward. "Hi, sis." he said, smiling at me. "She's your sister? The one Dumbledore was looking for, mate?" asked the boy. "Yer." I got up and stretched. I was taller than them all, except the youngest redheaded girl. "Woah, taller than me." said the boy. "Vera, these guys are my best-friends and girlfriend. This is Hermione Granger." he said, motioning to the bushy headed girl. I smiled. "And this is Ronald Weasley and my girlfriend, his sister, Ginny Weasley." I smiled at the others and said. "Hi."

Brit531
Thsi is a really good story. I can't wait for more

H. S. 6
Make a new paragraph when somebody speaks.

It's an interesting idea, at any rate.

lotrtres3414
this is a really good story. i like the idea. keep it up!

dumbledorez.gal
"So, your my sister." said Harry, glaring at me. "What's that look for,brother dear?" I asked, looking sweatly back at my older brother. He got up and stalked off. Ginny followled him. I sighed, yet another thing in my life was crap. Hermione gave a me a look of sympathy and Ron grinned and asked "What's for breakfast?" Hermione grinned and said. "So, Vera. When did you get here?" I yawned. "Last night." Then I explained the full story:

"I lived with my uncle, Regulas Black, all my life. Though, I never knew his name was Regulas Black. My mother is Lily Potter, my father is Sirus Black. Harry is older than me by a year. My step-father, James Potter, thought I was his daughter and gave me the name Potter. Now, I have the name, Black-Potter."

I finished and they smiled at me. Then, we went to have breakfast.

Brit531
that is really good keep going

d-fly_girl008
come on, keep going!!

dumbledorez.gal
thx. im at skool atm. ill write more later at home.

DG

dumbledorez.gal
"Ron, how can you eat so much?" Hermione asked, as both us girls looked at him. His cheeks were bulging with food. He shrugged his head and I gave Hermione a look.

After, breakfast, we were going to go outside. But, I had no clothes except my pyjamas. "Umm, Hermione." I said. "Yeh." she replied, looking at me. "I only have these clothes. No others." Hermione smiled and we went upstairs, to get something for me to wear. Hermione paused at a door which read. 'Ginerva's Bedroom.' I looked at her and she said. "Ginny and I are sharing her bedroom. Your using Fred and George's old bedroom, cause they live at their shop now. Harry's also using that bedroom with you. But, I have something you can have to wear." I grinned and we entered a pretty bedroom, with two beds. Hermione walked over to a trunk and rumaged through it. Then, she threw a pair of jeans and a pink sweatshirt to me. I got dressed in these, which fitted perfectly.

d-fly_girl008
more more!!!

dumbledorez.gal
Going outside, I noticed a shadow looming around. It looked like Harry's shadow, but I ignored it and joined the others. They were olding broomsticks and Hermione asked me. "Vera, wanna play Quidditch? it's Me and Gin against Ron, but he needs one more." I looked at her. Quidditch? What was that all about? "Umm, I've never heard of or played Quidditch, guys." Ginny grinned and threw a broom at me. I caught it and it virbrated in my hand. Judging from my look, the others were confident in me. I turned to Ron. "What position do I play?" I asked.

We mounted our brooms, I was playing Chaser and Keeper, while Ron played Seeker and Beater. Gin was playing Seeker and Keeper on the other team and Hermione was Chaser and Beater. I kicked off from the ground and flew around. Then, I went over to Ron and grabbed the makeshift Quaffle from him. He grinned stupidly, and went to his beat up trunk of Quidditch balls. He released one bludger, this ball which flys around, hurting people and knocking them from their brooms to the ground, and the Golden Snitch. His wasn't golden though. Ron's snitch was more of a bronze. He released this ball and the game bagan.

I swerved around the hoops, waiting for Hermione to try and score. It was my first try at Keeping and Hermione raced up. But, I swooped as she threw it, and grabbed the Quaffle, racing to the other end. I swerved Ron and threw as hard as i could towards the goal. And it went through. "Yes!" I said, pumping my fist in the air. Ron and the others grinned at me.

Three hours later, dirty and beaten up from Ron's bludger attacks, we trooped inside for showers. Dumbledore had reutnred and was talking with Mrs Weasley and some others.

dumbledorez.gal
We had our showers and came downstairs, to a frantic looking Mrs Weasley and Dumbledore. And those others. Harry had joined Ginny, Ron and Hermione and they were whispering behind my back. I looked at Dumbledore and at this man, who had long lanky black hair, and a familar face. He saw me looking and grinned. I looked back at Dumbledore who then said. "Molly, we need to move to Grimmauld Place soon. He knows I've take her. He found out from Regalus A. Black. Sirus, you need to prepare your home." The man with the black hair nodded and disapparated.

"Harry, Ronald, Hermione, Ginerva and Vera. Go pack your things. Your moving to Grimmauld Place this instant." The others nodded and I followled suit. Then, we all turned and headed upstairs. I had been given a bag of clothes from Mrs Weasley. I put on a white skirt and a pink top. Then, I packed everything else in the bag and brushed my hair. As I sat in the bedroom, Harry entered. He looked over at me and went over to his bed to pack his belongings. I sighed and looked out at the blue sky. "Vera, I'm sorry about the way I acted." I turned and looked at my brother. "It's just, everyone I care about, He hurts. Voldemort has hurt me alot." I walked over to Harry and hugged him. "Apology accepted. And besides, I need a big brother like you. I've never had anyone close to me at all in my life." I said, looking at my older brother. He grinned and finished packing.

We moved into Grimmauld Place quietly. Harry and Ron had a room. Ginny and Hermione had a room and I had my own room. My room was lovely, a pretty room. In it were pictures of my father, and my mother. There were also pictures of my father with another woman and little boy. I walked up to the dresser and looked at one of these pictures. I turned the frame backwards and opened the back. On the back of the photo there was writing. It read:

Sirus Black and Ann Malfoy with their son, Bradley James Black. Malfoy? So, I had another half-brother. But, who and where was he?

dumbledorez.gal
the plot thickens. anyway, Vera would be related to the malfoys anyway. Draco is her second cousin or something. And Bradley James Black. He is much older than Vera. He is like twenty or something like that. havent done maths, but meh.

DG

dumbledorez.gal
hope u lyk so far. ill write as i think. this is all off the top of my head.

DG

Brit531
Post more soon

dumbledorez.gal
Later, I went down to dinner, still thinking about the photo of my father, Ann and Bradley. I entered the kitchen. It was full of people, who stopped speaking as soon as I entered. I looked at Hermione, who was there with Harry, Ginny and Ron. She motioned to come over. "Wondered where you were, sis." said Harry, smiling at me. I looked up from my thoughts and said. "Just thinking. I was thinking alot about something."

Brit531
It was good. Post more please

dumbledorez.gal
ill most sum more today. im working on my website. its a work in progress

Brit531
interesting

dumbledorez.gal
im currently stuck on ideas. grr. writers block. ill play around on a few sites and get bak 2 u smile

dumbledorez.gal
also im uploading pics to photobucket. so i can delete them from my comp

Brit531
Ok, i hate writers block also

dumbledorez.gal
"What were you thinking about, Vera?" asked Harry. "Oh, nothing." I looked over at Mrs Weasley, who had just looked at me, with a strange look. "Dinner's ready, everyone." she said, looking away. I grinned and everyone sat down to enjoy Mrs Weasley's wonderful cooking.

After dinner, I went back to my bedroom. Harry followed me. "Vera, spill it. What were you thinking about?" he said, sitting down on my bed. I reached under my pillow and took out the picture of my father, Ann and Bradley. "I found this. It's of my father, and a woman named Ann Malfoy. And a boy named Bradley Black. I've heard of Bradley before, at the mansion where I lived. A woman was always crying about him whenever she came to visit." "Wow, that little boy looks alot like Sirius." said Harry, examining the photo. "And I think the woman at the mansion where I lived was Ann Malfoy. She looks like the Ann in the photo."

Brit531
That was good Can not wait for more..... To..... good bunny

dumbledorez.gal
thanks. ill write more today. im stuck atm

Brit531
well, OK just post eventually and when I mean eventually i mean soon, but no rush I am a patient person

dumbledorez.gal
"But, if this is Ann Malfoy, and the boy is Sirius's son, why haven't we met him?" Asked Harry, looking at me. I sighed and took the photograph from Harry. "I have to find him." I said. Harry nodded. He smiled and left for bed.

The next day, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and I were sitting at the breakfast table, when several letters suddenly appeared. "Our Hogwarts letters!" said Ron, jumping up and grabbing them.

Brit531
good good good good post, post more soon

dumbledorez.gal
"It's our Hogwarts letters!" shouted Ron, handing them out to Ginny, Hermione and Harry. I looked over Harry's shoulder. "Oh, and there's one here for you, Vera." I looked at my brother, then at Ron. "Oh, is there? I've never gotten mail before." I took the letter and read:

Dear Miss Potter,

You have been acceped into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the request of an unknown person. The person request you attend the school and be sorted at once. Please find enclosed your book list for your 6th year. You have been placed into the same 6th yr classes as your brother. You will attend Defence Against the Dark Arts, transfiguration, Charms, Herbology and Potions. You may apply for the other avable subjects. Good Luck.

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

I looked up from the letter and looked at the others. "I'm going to Hogwarts!" I said, grinning at them. Harry grinned at me and Ron slapped my back. Hermione and Ginny both congratulated me. "What year do you have to go as?" asked Ginny. "6th yr. I've been put into the same classes as Harry." I replyed.

dumbledorez.gal
-Skip to September 1st. Vera is going to be sorted with the first years and meets someone related to her on the train to Hogwarts. He has switched from Durmstrang to Hogwarts for his last two years of school.-

I waited with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Ron's parents. We were going through the barrier to catch the train to Hogwarts. Ron's dad came up and said. "Go now, all five of you." We waved bye and went through the barrier. "let's hurry up and find a compartment before we miss out on one." said Harry. Ron and Hermione left to Prefect meetings, promising to catch up with them, and Ginny left to find her friends. Harry and I dragged our trunks to the last carriage and dragged them aboard. We found a compartment and were joined by a boy and a girl. "Hi Neville! Hi Luna!" said Harry, grinning. The boy named NEville sat down next to Harry, and the girl sat near the window. I looked at them both. "Who's this, Harry?" asked Neville. "This is my long lost sister, Vera Leigh Potter." I grinned. "Hello." I said, sticking out my hand. "Hi, I'm Neville Longbottom." "And i'm Luna Lovegood." said the girl, dreamily. She had large radish earings that looked stupid. Luna disappeared behind a magazine.

Later, near lunch time, an old lady with a trolley loaded with sweets and things came past. "Anything from the trolley dearies?" she asked, smiling at us.

dumbledorez.gal
Harry got up and went to the door. "Some cauldron cakes and Bertie Bott's Every flavour Beans please." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet money bag. "That will be 7 Galleons thanks." Harry paid up and brought over the sweets. We were eating when a boy with long lanky black hair passed. I looked at him, just as he looked at me. Bradley Black! I thought. I got up and went into the corridor. "Excuse me, but by any chance, is your last name Black?" I asked. He turned and looked at me. "Yes . . . how did you know?" He said. "Well, is your first name Bradley?" he nodded. "i'm Vera Leigh Potter-Black, your half-sister." "So, your Vera. I was told I'd find you here . . . by my uncle." He said, looking at me.

Brit531
That was really good post more soon

d-fly_girl008
Post soon!

dumbledorez.gal
i've got writers block i hate it ill write more tommorrow

Brit531
if you have writers block then how are you going to post tomyorrow or is your writers block like only a day or a couple hour thing?

dumbledorez.gal
I was going to post the day after i wrote it, but my mum banned me from the computer for a day sad the longest day of my life!

Brit531
that sounds sad and bad. hopefully you will post soon

dumbledorez.gal
ty. I'll write it today. I'm writing Salem De Beers and This one. And trying to figure out the other one, DKH. I prob wont post on that for a month or so.

Brit531
That is upsetting and good at the same time

dumbledorez.gal
Originally posted by dumbledorez.gal
the plot thickens. anyway, Vera would be related to the malfoys anyway. Draco is her second cousin or something. And Bradley James Black. He is not much older than Vera. He is like seventeen or something like that. havent done maths, but meh.

DG

had to edit it, but wouldnt let me, so i quoted it. Bradley is in his 7th yr, while Vera is in her 6th. wink I've allowed Sirius and Dumbledore to be alive, so Vera can meether father and such . . .

dumbledorez.gal
He grinned cheekily. "Who's your uncle, Bradley?" I asked. "Regulas. I've lived with him in an old mansion. It's often cold there. He said you disappeared and I'd find you here, at Hogwarts. I'm switching schools for my 6h year." I nodded and returned to my compartment.
Later, Hermione and Ron returned. Hermione sat down and Ron grabbed several Cauldron cakes. "Man, I'm starving." He groaned, shoving them into his mouth. Hermione shook her head and turned to me. "How's the trip been so far, Vera?" "Really good. Guess who I met." Harry listened in and I said. "Bradley Black, my other half brother." Harry looked at me. "What, you met him?" I nodded. Hermione took on a serious look, as a boy with blonde hair had just paused at the door of the compartment. Bradley was with him, looking ashamed. "So, here is the Pothead, with the usual scum. But, ah, your sister, Black." said the blonde boy. I stood up and went to the door. "Bradley, what's going on?" The blonde boy scowled and poked me back. "You stood on my foot, Black." He snapped. I slammed down my foot once more and said innocently. "No, I didn't . . . Malfoy." I knew him from the voices I had heard at the manor. I had heard his voice many times, along with several adults. He looked at me. "You know my name, you . . . you half-blood! How dare you say my name accross your dirty half-blood lips?" he said, bring up his hand and hitting me accross the face. I grabbed his hand and twisted his arm around. "Don't you ever touch me again, Malfoy. And leave my family alone." I puched him forwards, and he smashed into the glass window of the compartment opposite my own. There were several Slytherin 7th years, who looked at Malfoy and shoved him out. I grinned and closerd the door of my own compartment.
The others were looking at me with amazed looks. "What?" I asked. "Wow ..." said Ron, his mouth full of cauldron cakes. "Oh, it's nothing. Just something I taught myself.

dumbledorez.gal
There, another installment. You should also know, I will be limiting my posts when school returns. I'll have too much homework and such.

DG

Brit531
Ok, that was really good. Post when you have time to

dumbledorez.gal
okies, i wont have time till after skool. it ends at 2:55pm AEST

Brit531
where do you go to school that begins in July

dumbledorez.gal
australia
NSW

Brit531
oooo, explains why

dumbledorez.gal
yer. ill post tommorrow or monday the nxt part.

Brit531
ok

Brit531
Sorry for the double post, but you said you would post and you never did

dumbledorez.gal
^^About that ...
Yer ... -advoids question- i was sick...? No, actually, Jess was sick. And my brother's gf had another baby. a lil girl.
================
oh, and i shall post asap. ... maybe. I have 4 assignments, two from my English teacha. DAMM YOU! -has moment.

sorry...

Brit531
it's fine it's fine so your an aunt how fun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.