More Charismatic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
Who was more Charismatic? Dooku or Palpatine (or other. Please elaborate)?

systemshock2
Definitely Dooku, at least based on what was seen from the movies. Palpatine, as Sidious, obtained and maintained his members through fear, as is evident from the way he kept scaring the Neoimodians to keep on going with his plan in Episode 1. But it was Dooku's charismatic charm that helped recruit members into the CIS, as is evident from AOTC meeting he had with the other delegates in Geonosha (sp?). They actively wanted to get in league with Dooku, which gives much credit as to how powerful Dooku's political charisma is. Palpatine, as the Chancellor, used a lot of political charisma too in obtaining votes from the senatorial delegates, but IMO Dooku just oozed charisma.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by systemshock2
Definitely Dooku, at least based on what was seen from the movies. Palpatine, as Sidious, obtained and maintained his members through fear, as is evident from the way he kept scaring the Neoimodians to keep on going with his plan in Episode 1. But it was Dooku's charismatic charm that helped recruit members into the CIS, as is evident from AOTC meeting he had with the other delegates in Geonosha (sp?). They actively wanted to get in league with Dooku, which gives much credit as to how powerful Dooku's political charisma is. Palpatine, as the Chancellor, used a lot of political charisma too in obtaining votes from the senatorial delegates, but IMO Dooku just oozed charisma.

I agree. And it is spelt Geonosis btw. Anyway Sids ruled by fear. If you didnt agree with him you died. Dooku ruled with allies who he recruited in a diplomatic fashion. Dooku is just a far more likable/charismatic/diplomatic character.

Escape81
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I agree. And it is spelt Geonosis btw. Anyway Sids ruled by fear. If you didnt agree with him you died. Dooku ruled with allies who he recruited in a diplomatic fashion. Dooku is just a far more likable/charismatic/diplomatic character.

You disturb me. Seriously. You are the biggest pro-Dooku guy I've ever seen. Ever.

But, yes. Dooku is a more charismatic person than Palpatine - who's charisma is more subtle and more on the manipulative side.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Escape81
You disturb me. Seriously. You are the biggest pro-Dooku guy I've ever seen. Ever.

Hahahahaha. Count Dooku is the coolest/best/strongest guy in SW. But anyway I would put my like of him more down to Christopher Lee's acting. Christopher Lee is by far the best actor in the world and is what makes the Count so great.

Escape81
Dude, it's not funny anymore . . . you're becoming a real pain in debates. I couldn't care less if you liked Dooku better, but when you say that he could own everyone, their mom, and grandparents - we slowly start to have a problem.

Chris Lee owns. Why? He's tall and old. He's done like, more movies than any other actor ever. Yeah, I agree. He's an awesome actor.

But you really need to take a step back and see that Dooku, while powerful, couldn't take Yoda, Sidious, or possibly Anakin.

messed

Jedi Priestess

But you really need to take a step back and see that Dooku, while powerful, couldn't take Yoda, Sidious, or possibly Anakin.

messed

No doubt. Not to mention these topics have been dead and buried for over a year now. Star Wars is pretty much over.

Rampant ox
Dude, it's not funny anymore

It was never intended to be funny.

. . . you're becoming a real pain in debates.

I could say exactly the same to you. We have differing opinions and we debate them. Isnt that what the Vs Forum is for?

I couldn't care less if you liked Dooku better, but when you say that he could own everyone, their mom, and grandparents - we slowly start to have a problem.

Sorry. That was my fanboy side talking again!!!

Chris Lee owns. Why? He's tall and old. He's done like, more movies than any other actor ever. Yeah, I agree. He's an awesome actor.

Christopher Lee is an awesome actor. IMO the best in the world. Im glad we can agree on something.

I never said that Dooku could take Yoda. All I said was the difference of skill is far smaller than you make it out to be. Sids is also stronger, but again not by as much as people think. And Dooku would beat Anakin, however im not debating it here. Go to the Dookus Skill thread if you want to keep debating it.

Jedi Priestess
Funny, I thought Anakin lopped off both Dooku's hands and his head. blink

Or did you see a different movie per chance? laughing out loud

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Funny, I thought Anakin lopped off both Dooku's hands and his head. blink

Or did you see a different movie per chance? laughing out loud

Its not that simple. Besides im not redebating it. Look in the Dookus skill thread if you want to see the facts...

Jedi Priestess
Sweetie, I KNOW the facts, no need for me to check out anyones skill thread. Your boy had his ass handed to him. evil face

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Sweetie, I KNOW the facts, no need for me to check out anyones skill thread. laughing out loud If you say so...

RogerRamjet
i'd say Dooku has more charisma than Sidious, that is because he's of royal descent and knows the etiquette, he even managed to fool the highest ranks in the Jedi Order and he was so far trusted that the council considered making him a member...his only flaw was his arrogance and the inability to let go of his royal heritage and the privileges that it inherits..

now one could say that Sidous achieved many things as Palpatine, like gaining the trust of Armidala and having her install him as Supreme Chancellor and as a result turning a Republic that stood for centuries into a Regime with him as an absoulte regent...but he could never convince the jedi order to trust him...

Sin Harvest
Count Dooku reminds me a lot of Saruman of Many Colours for some reason. I guess they had that "voice" that they used to gain the service of others. Saruman drew the Wildmen into his army by using his voice and Dooku did the same for thousands of systems.

Saruman was a pawn to Sauron. Dooku was a pawn to Sidious. They both were very powerful. And they each fell from glory. Saruman was once good but became corrupt, Dooku was once a Jedi but became a Sith.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
Count Dooku reminds me a lot of Saruman of Many Colours for some reason. I guess they had that "voice" that they used to gain the service of others. Saruman drew the Wildmen into his army by using his voice and Dooku did the same for thousands of systems.

Saruman was a pawn to Sauron. Dooku was a pawn to Sidious. They both were very powerful. And they each fell from glory. Saruman was once good but became corrupt, Dooku was once a Jedi but became a Sith.

I agree. Saruman and Dooku are my fav charaters of their respective movies as well. They both have diplomatic influence that can easily be used to manipulate someone. Count Dooku has more charisma in this thread easily.

Sin Harvest
It's like the saying "the pen is mightier then the sword" and both Dooku and Saruman used their words to gain the upper hand instead of Sauron and Sidious using fear and power.

overlord
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Dude, it's not funny anymore

It was never intended to be funny.

. . . you're becoming a real pain in debates.

I could say exactly the same to you. We have differing opinions and we debate them. Isnt that what the Vs Forum is for?

I couldn't care less if you liked Dooku better, but when you say that he could own everyone, their mom, and grandparents - we slowly start to have a problem.

Sorry. That was my fanboy side talking again!!!

Christopher Lee is an awesome actor. IMO the best in the world. Im glad we can agree on something.

I never said that Dooku could take Yoda. All I said was the difference of skill is far smaller than you make it out to be. Sids is also stronger, but again not by as much as people think. And Dooku would beat Anakin, however im not debating it here. Go to the Dookus Skill thread if you want to keep debating it.
Wow, you immediately start a debate and adress every single line like some maniac, you should consider leaving this forum. Save this idiocy for the versus forum.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by overlord
Wow, you immediately start a debate and adress every single line like some maniac, you should consider leaving this forum. Save this idiocy for the versus forum.

And what you just posted isnt idiotic? It has nothing to do with what is being debated. And anyway ill type what I want. I couldnt really care less what you think. So take a good look in the mirror before you call someone else idiotic and a maniac.

Council#13
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
i'd say Dooku has more charisma than Sidious, that is because he's of royal descent and knows the etiquette, he even managed to fool the highest ranks in the Jedi Order and he was so far trusted that the council considered making him a member...his only flaw was his arrogance and the inability to let go of his royal heritage and the privileges that it inherits..

now one could say that Sidous achieved many things as Palpatine, like gaining the trust of Armidala and having her install him as Supreme Chancellor and as a result turning a Republic that stood for centuries into a Regime with him as an absoulte regent...but he could never convince the jedi order to trust him...

It's probably because Dooku was once one of the Order's greatest Jedi that the Council decided to overlook Dooku's shady actions. Mace used to like Palpatine or something, as can be seen in the ROTS novelization, until he began to thaw away at more and more of the Senate's power.

Originally posted by Sin Harvest

Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons why GL chose Christopher Lee for Saruman. Unless I'm making a complete moron of myself again as the two characters were chosen at the same time and that it was an amazing coincidence and the fact that the characters were perfect for Lee.

Oh right, and on a far less important matter.....

let us all take a big, fat, deep breath and remember that even though Rampant Ox is a Dooku fanatic, we all have something we love and that member bashing is against the rules and we don't want to give Ush anymore reason to remove people from our vastly shrinking SW forums population.

Count Kent
Council's right, the jedi even admired Palpatine nad they only started to distrust him after AOTC.

Eleonora
Palpatine is way more charming in his ways, at least in the Prequels. The way he reassures people and tries to be friendly with them is deliciously evil.

Escape81
Touche. Is there a literary difference between "charisma" and "charming"?

Palpatine and Dooku are both extremely charismatic, though Palpatine's is more subtle. I mean, this is the guy who persuaded the Senate to give him everything he ever wanted - so he has to have a hell of a lot of charisma.

Dooku's is just more obvious. The tall, regal figure with the deep booming voice, speaks of obvious intelligence and superiority.

But, I'd sooner trust Palpatine than Dooku. Tall old men with deep voices scare me. stick out tongue

Tangible God
Touche. Is there a literary difference between "charisma" and "charming"?

Palpatine and Dooku are both extremely charismatic, though Palpatine's is more subtle. I mean, this is the guy who persuaded the Senate to give him everything he ever wanted - so he has to have a hell of a lot of charisma.

Dooku's is just more obvious. The tall, regal figure with the deep booming voice, speaks of obvious intelligence and superiority.

But, I'd sooner trust Palpatine than Dooku. Tall old men with deep voices scare me. stick out tongue Yup.

Palpatine used his charm and charisma to make Dooku do what he wanted so...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.