Why didn't Yoda/Ben train Luke and Leia from birth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
Who gives a damn Organa wants a baby girl? Who cares about the Lars? These two could have done serious damage with 20 years of training.

Blue_Hefner
Because the Emperor would have known.

Razielim
How? "Sensing through the force" or something like that?

Blue_Hefner
I'm just sure he can tell when there's a threat to him, just like in ROTS when he senses Kenboi is going to kill Vader. I'm also sure he can sense other powerful force sensitives. I could be wrong like always.

Captain REX
When Luke began his training, Emperor Palpatine began to take interest in the fact that the Light Side of the Force was returning. It lessened with the death of Kenobi, but he could sense that someone was being trained.

Give the Twins 20 years of training and Palpatine would have found them far sooner than they were ready for.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Razielim
Who gives a damn Organa wants a baby girl? Who cares about the Lars? These two could have done serious damage with 20 years of training.

Because you see:

1.) Lucas made Episode IV way before he had any idea about making I, II, and III

2.) Because Palpatine would have known

3.) Because Yoda and Obi-Wan needed to remain hidden until the time was right

Razielim
Hm, I see. Thanks.

JediRobin23
Training even Anakins kids would have been dangerous, because they would have had the potential to join the darkisde, perhaps once they learned of their father. In Ep IV, Obiwan took a chance, and in EP V, so did Yoda.

Jedi Priestess
Seems to me that Yoda had begun to rethink taking young Jedi away from their families anmd then training them so early. I think I read that. He felt that the Jedi had become too set in the old ways and that prevented them for finding out about the Sith before it was too late.

queeq
He said Luke was too old to begin the training though...

*waves* Hi JP!

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by queeq

*waves* Hi JP!

Yeah that doesn't add up, had Obi and Yoda planned on training the kids 20 years later then why did Yoda dismiss the idea as if it was a fresh one.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
Yeah that doesn't add up, had Obi and Yoda planned on training the kids 20 years later then why did Yoda dismiss the idea as if it was a fresh one.

I think Yoda planned on him and Obi-Wan fighting the Emperor that or he didn't want to take the chance of Luke falling to the dark side and him telling Vader of his where abouts.

Jedi Priestess

*waves* Hi JP!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Queeq smooches

overlord

*waves* Hi JP! OMG, it's him!

Jam-Jul_Lison
i think after Yoda lost to Palpatine, he fell into an extreme set of depression. After being exiled for so long on Dagobah his depession grew. I would be depressed too if I had to live there. lol. I also thinks he looses his Sanity a little. Then again he has been living alone for a long time. lol.

Luke and Leia were split apart to save them. I do not think that Leia was ever supposed to be trained. As for Luke. I think Obi-Wan would have trained Luke sooner if It had not been for Luke's uncle.

konaha
*Talks like Darth Vader*
Luke, I am your father! Join me and we shall rull the universe as father and son! *breathes (Darth vader style!)*

konaha
*rule

konaha
embarrasment

Captain REX
Edit button. wink

Forcewielder

*waves* Hi JP!

Yoda was just looking for excuses on not to train Luke because he was too depressed over the complete annihilation of his Jedi children.

DRAKONS
Actualy Lucas did know about other epizodes.read it somewere that had the script writen for all movies but he started with 4,5 and 6

Tangible God
The whole script or just the basics of the plot?

aids_lol
Originally posted by Forcewielder
Yoda was just looking for excuses on not to train Luke because he was too depressed over the complete annihilation of his Jedi children.

NO LUKE WAS JUST TO OLD TO MOLEST LOL

Ushgarak
Cut it out with the idiocy.

Jam-Jul_Lison
He might have had a plot in mind but not all the scripts at once. If he had. Then I doubt there would be as many plot holes as they are. Still they are good movies, though in my opinion I believe the OT to be the best.

greenangel
The children could not be trained....they had to be hidden and watched over so that Vader would not sense there presence.....if they were being trained...Vader would have know.......my opinion... angel

preysin
because she was stupid. she got easily caught on the beginin of a new hope. only smart people can become jedis.

AstroFan
There goes your chance.

Archangelysses
Even though it is not strictly 100% canon - the novelisation of ROTS states that the Jedi had become stagnant and that is why the Sith won the day. The sith had evolved, learned, changed and developed. The Jedi were the same Jedi, still thought, acted, and made the same Jedi decisions.

The choice not to train from birth was 2 folds

1. to keep them hidden until time - DER

2. So that Luke could live a life like his Father's and therefore be in a category to best him. Living this life would give him the confidence and the assurance that what he was doing was right and not get confused like dear ol dad.

coolmovies
The thing is they didnt want to lose luke like the way they lost anakin. After all that training he went to the dark side of the force .

AngryDave27
Yoda could have trained Luke and Leia at a very young age on Dagobah and they would grow up learning from the best and been Jedi Masters by the time they met Darth Vader. Dagobah was the perfect place to train a powerful force sensitive without raising any suspicions from the Emperor or Vader because the whole planet was consumed in dark side energy. and by them using the force there wouldnt effect the force signal they produced. They would reach their full potential in 20 years and would be ready to take on Vader and the Palpatine together and win. However Vader would have died a slave to the dark side and you wouldnt see his force ghost at the end.

queeq
Yoda could have, but what we gleaned from the PT is that the Jedi weren't very smart to begin with. Palpy was. His plan was better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.