Hollywood(Future Wonder Man) Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Can Hollywood survive this Gauntlet? Or does he die trying? Wonder Man usually hasn't shown any top tier feats often, but in the future he seemed to have a firm grasp of his power set and used it well.

Here's the gauntlet:

1. Thing

2. Colossus

3. Namor The Submariner

4. Hercules

5. Hulk

6. Supreme Power Hyperion(Due to limited combat experience he's below Diana)

7. Wonder Woman(No Lasso/Godwave)

8. Classic Thor

He gets a day of rest and reprieve after each fight.

Fights 1 through 5 happen on Earth.

Fights 6 through 8 happen in space.

Psyquis52
Fight number 5 is going to wind him.
That'll be tough.

He stops at 7 for sure.

Accel
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Fight number 5 is going to wind him.
That'll be tough.

He stops at 7 for sure.
Not necessarily... unless WW uses the Medua Head.

In the future, Simon becomes one tough mofo.

Adam Warlock
He has a good chance agaist Wonder Woman. I'll post scans later showing some of his feats.

golem370
I say he doesn't get past the Hulk it took Hercules Namor Iron Man to give him a good fight Hulk was holding his own with all of them.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by golem370
I say he doesn't get past the Hulk it took Hercules Namor Iron Man to give him a good fight Hulk was holding his own with all of them.

Hulk is strong and fast. Not to mention that healing factor of his. Although speed kills. And this Wonder Man is a bit faster than normal Wonder man. He could take Hulk I think.

7 maybe 8 times out of 10 due to his upgrade in strength, speed, and durability. Add in the fact Hollywood has well over a thousand years of experience behind him.

Validus
This is a weak gauntlet. Hollywood took a blast to the face that destroyed multiple solar systems and was totally unphased. These guys are all dead.

Adam Warlock
1. Thing

2. Colossus

3. Namor The Submariner

4. Hercules

5. Hulk

6. Supreme Power Hyperion(Due to limited combat experience he's below Diana)

7. Wonder Woman(No Lasso/Godwave)

8. Classic Thor

9. Superman

10. Silver Surfer

Added two onto the list.

Can Hollywood make it past the Man of Steel? Can he finally lay a beating on Surfer for leaving Earth to their fate instead of helping out in the battle against the Martians?

For the match with Superman, battle takes place within a huge Adamnatium mystically enchanted sphere making it virtually indestructible. Roughly the size of the Moon.

For the battle with Surfer, they battle within a huge Asteroid Field.

Fight ends when one is dead or incapacitated.

Debate.

Accel
I hear Surfer becomes someone called the Keeper, I believe. Are his power levels any different in Hollywood's timeline, or is that unknown to readers?

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
I hear Surfer becomes someone called the Keeper, I believe. Are his power levels any different in Hollywood's timeline, or is that unknown to readers?
He has the Q bands in addition to the power cosmic.

leonidas
ss did become the keeper.

hollywood's powers are the same but he was pretty confident. still couldn't beat the vision though . . .

hercules stops him.

Accel
Originally posted by leonidas

hollywood's powers are the same but he was pretty confident. still couldn't beat the vision though . . .

hercules stops him.
Seriously doubt that Hercules could beat him. Hollywood resisted the pull of a black hole while standing right next to it.

Validus

hercules stops him.
That was a highly amped up Vision though.

Here's what I was talking about before.

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3655/guardiansofthegalaxy48219jx.th.jpg http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5241/guardiansofthegalaxy48228ib.th.jpg

Rols
This is Hollywood from Guardian of the Galaxy right. He could make it to Thor probably but would lose against Supes maybe. His strength in there is pretty inconsistent. Vince hold him off with TK no problem, and Hawk did a number on him to. I cant remember what issue dough.
As for Keeper, Thats just SS with Quantum band and a lot of exp. in the use of it.

leonidas
a black hole . . .? when? not val's scan, i hope . . .

confused

and was vihz amped? that was galactic guardians, wasn't it? i'll have to check.

herc still beats him most of the time, imo. assuming it's not some watered down herc . . . regadless of experience his power is the same and herc is stronger

bigbran
stronger? when? they already fought and wm broke out of his hold and was ready to fight. wm was kicking the christ out of thor until he hit him full force. this wms stronger and he would beat herc.

leonidas
what fight are you talking about?

Validus
a black hole . . .? when? not val's scan, i hope . . .

confused

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4134/galacticguardians040144co.th.jpg

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Validus
That was a highly amped up Vision though.

Here's what I was talking about before.

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3655/guardiansofthegalaxy48219jx.th.jpg http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5241/guardiansofthegalaxy48228ib.th.jpg

Damn... Val beat me to it.

Well this is a scan of what happens just before that explosion goes off:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy48-20.jpg

That guy was Overkill. He was using Stark's technology. Only thing it was thousands of years advanced.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Rols
This is Hollywood from Guardian of the Galaxy right. He could make it to Thor probably but would lose against Supes maybe. His strength in there is pretty inconsistent. Vince hold him off with TK no problem, and Hawk did a number on him to. I cant remember what issue dough.
As for Keeper, Thats just SS with Quantum band and a lot of exp. in the use of it.

I remember a tussle between Starhawk and Wonder Man here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-13.jpg

Vision in this future is no longer called Vision. He's Mainframe. He was the one who teleported Simon and Silverback right next to the Black Hole.

Also for this thread, it's normal Surfer VS. Hollywood, not the Keeper. The Keeper would probably straight out own Hollywood.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
I remember a tussle between Starhawk and Wonder Man here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy57-13.jpg

Vision in this future is no longer called Vision. He's Mainframe. He was the one who teleported Simon and Silverback right next to the Black Hole.

Also for this thread, it's normal Surfer VS. Hollywood, not the Keeper. The Keeper would probably straight out own Hollywood.

Don't talk with your mouth full of teeth. Man, when Wonder Man gets old he loses any comeback powers he had in his youth.

What? I can't hear you. Don't talk with a mouth full of teeth! Ner-her-her! sick

leonidas
umm, how did his not being pulled into a black hole reflect his strength? confused he's a strong flier maybe . . .

i know vihz was mainframe, but i DON'T know why you say he was amped. nor do i have any idea why you think hollywood is better than wonderman. he's not even a version of the ionic energy wm who seemed better than classic wondy. immortal herc beats him the majority imo.

Validus
How is he not better? Wonder Man died when Hyperion put him through a planet. This one takes a multiple solar system destroying blast, literally right to the face and is unharmed.

umm, how did his not being pulled into a black hole reflect his strength? confused he's a strong flier maybe . . .
He stood right next to it and was unaffected. He never even flew off.

leonidas
How is he not better? Wonder Man died when Hyperion put him through a planet. This one takes a multiple solar system destroying blast, literally right to the face and is unharmed.

He stood right next to it and was unaffected. He never even flew off.

when did hyperion put wm through a planet? confused do you mean gladiator?? wm wasn't actually even rendered unconscious by that attack, i don't think. he was just buried for a while and had to dig out. in the mean time, glads got punk'd by thor and living lightning.

and since he was in space, he must have been flying. it's not like he used muscle to stay out of the hole . . . just whatever it was that kept him in the air. unless wondy developed 'flying muscles' in the 31st century! stick out tongue

but just cuz you're wrong here, doesn't mean you're not still my number one!! big grin

Validus
when did hyperion put wm through a planet? confused do you mean gladiator?? wm wasn't actually even rendered unconscious by that attack, i don't think. he was just buried for a while and had to dig out. in the mean time, glads got punk'd by thor and living lightning.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8190/hyperion13uf0la.th.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1060/hyperion31li3fj.th.jpg http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/720/hyperion49jc4zc.th.jpg

He was standing on an asteroid/planetoid when that happened.

leonidas
hmph. you're getting on my nerves . . .

so, did the asteroid get sucked into the hole? what did he hold onto to keep from being dragged in?

i'd forgotten about the hyperion issue. but hype has also been shown to beat the crap out of thor, so know surprise there. didn't wondy survive the negabomb explosion that wiped out the kree in galacticstorm? that wondy barely survived a slugfest with abomination. hollywood was also ko'd by vihz who certainly doesn't pack the wallop of a solar system destroying blast. what i'm saying is -- like all characters, wondy and hollywood have high and low showings (hollywood less of both because so few appearances) but comparing highs and lows of each, i still see no reason why hollywood would be tougher than wondy, experience advantage and confidence levels aside. pure power should have remained the same though.

Accel

so, did the asteroid get sucked into the hole? what did he hold onto to keep from being dragged in?

i'd forgotten about the hyperion issue. but hype has also been shown to beat the crap out of thor, so know surprise there. didn't wondy survive the negabomb explosion that wiped out the kree in galacticstorm? that wondy barely survived a slugfest with abomination. hollywood was also ko'd by vihz who certainly doesn't pack the wallop of a solar system destroying blast. what i'm saying is -- like all characters, wondy and hollywood have high and low showings (hollywood less of both because so few appearances) but comparing highs and lows of each, i still see no reason why hollywood would be tougher than wondy, experience advantage and confidence levels aside. pure power should have remained the same though.
He didn't hold onto any thing. He just resisted it. The guy who was sucked in (Silverback) can't say the same.

Plus, the fact that he not only survived an explosion powerful enough to wipe out multiple solar systems at once and come out without a scratch really says a lot about his durability. Not to mention, he got the better of Starhawk, whose power has been compared to stars being born and who also has taken blows from the Keeper.

Validus

No since it closed right after Silverback was sucked in.

You're acting like it's the same Vision who was turned to junk metal by She-Hulk. The Vision planet had enough power and held enough sway in the universe to summon Eternity so obviously he plays a whole different ballgame.

Wonder Man's power level did in fact increase over time. Hollywood's high feats crap on Wonder Man's pure and simple. He was the strongest person on the Guardian team and single handedly fought people the rest of the team got trashed by, capable of hurting an amped up Dormammu, etc.

Adam Warlock
He was the strongest person on the Guardian team and single handedly fought people the rest of the team got trashed by, capable of hurting an amped up Dormammu, etc.

This guy Cuchalin was trashing the Guardians all by his lonesome. Look what Simon does to him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/d7f3a_cuchulain1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/9fcd1_cuchulain2.jpg

rotiart
For a second, I thought Silver Surfer at level 10... Surfer has almost no hand to hand fighting skills.. then it dawned on me... Wonderman is comprised of ionic energy.. like the hulk is gamma... When Hulk fought surfer, surfer removed the gamma radiation. So therefore, Surfer just also remove the Ionic rays that had gotten wonderman. Hence. Wonderman loses 10/10 against a surfer that uses his powers wisely. as he does every so often. Otherwise, surfer written by idiots to job just to showcase a pis storyline... well that surfer will win 1/10 only.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by rotiart
For a second, I thought Silver Surfer at level 10... Surfer has almost no hand to hand fighting skills.. then it dawned on me... Wonderman is comprised of ionic energy.. like the hulk is gamma... When Hulk fought surfer, surfer removed the gamma radiation. So therefore, Surfer just also remove the Ionic rays that had gotten wonderman. Hence. Wonderman loses 10/10 against a surfer that uses his powers wisely. as he does every so often. Otherwise, surfer written by idiots to job just to showcase a pis storyline... well that surfer will win 1/10 only.

Your right. He wouldn't fare too good against Surfer. Surfer will probably stop him.

leonidas
without having to get out my books, how do you know it was a multiple solar system destroying blast? in any event, the nega bomb was likely even MORE powerful (galaxy-class destruction iirc), and simon survived that. simon has been shown getting the better of thor, he's also ko'd thor with a single shot as well. in his energy form didn't his strength increase with rage or adrenelin? couldn't he shift his size as well? he's gone blow for blown with the hulk and has even beaten up the avengers!

as far as the black hole -- so no, the asteroid didn't get sucked in? did it have super strength to resist as well? big grin and of course silverback was pulled in -- he couldn't fly.

i'm also curious -- when did vizh summon eternity? i have most of the gotg series, but don't really recall that. simon didn't do much to dormammu either -- galactic guardians did the only real damage, and of course krugarr.

so we have old simon: survives galaxy-level blast (though i believe he was ko'd and his powers were later mucked up), beating thor h2h, ko'ing thor with a shot, drawing against hulk, even doing damage to count nefaria AND having a very good showing against cosmic korvac.

hollywood: survives solar system level blast (?), beats cuchulain. the black hole thing makes no sense as a strength feat, imo . . . erm

no evidence of a power-up, no mention of a power-up. simon's confidence was always a weakness. he overcame that problem apparently and improved his skill no doubt. i see no reason to think he was more powerful though.

as for mainframe --vihz could always interact with computers -- he was certainly better connected in gotg. more powerful though in his android form? why would he be? he seemed to have the same powers while they fought and increasing his connectivity wouldn't necessarily increase in personal power in a battle . . .

he could beat herc, but not the majority imo, and he wouldn't beat hulk the majority and certainly not thor. thor stops him almost everytime and of course reg ss kills him easily.

Accel
without having to get out my books, how do you know it was a multiple solar system destroying blast? in any event, the nega bomb was likely even MORE powerful (galaxy-class destruction iirc), and simon survived that. simon has been shown getting the better of thor, he's also ko'd thor with a single shot as well. in his energy form didn't his strength increase with rage or adrenelin? couldn't he shift his size as well? he's gone blow for blown with the hulk and has even beaten up the avengers!

as far as the black hole -- so no, the asteroid didn't get sucked in? did it have super strength to resist as well? big grin and of course silverback was pulled in -- he couldn't fly.

i'm also curious -- when did vizh summon eternity? i have most of the gotg series, but don't really recall that. simon didn't do much to dormammu either -- galactic guardians did the only real damage, and of course krugarr.

so we have old simon: survives galaxy-level blast (though i believe he was ko'd and his powers were later mucked up), beating thor h2h, ko'ing thor with a shot, drawing against hulk, even doing damage to count nefaria AND having a very good showing against cosmic korvac.

hollywood: survives solar system level blast (?), beats cuchulain. the black hole thing makes no sense as a strength feat, imo . . . erm

no evidence of a power-up, no mention of a power-up. simon's confidence was always a weakness. he overcame that problem apparently and improved his skill no doubt. i see no reason to think he was more powerful though.

as for mainframe --vihz could always interact with computers -- he was certainly better connected in gotg. more powerful though in his android form? why would he be? he seemed to have the same powers while they fought and increasing his connectivity wouldn't necessarily increase in personal power in a battle . . .

he could beat herc, but not the majority imo, and he wouldn't beat hulk the majority and certainly not thor. thor stops him almost everytime and of course reg ss kills him easily.
Overkill himself said the explosion would consume entire solar systems and kill trillions and since he was the one that exploded, he would know. The narration also described the explosion as rippling across multiple lightyears. Hollywood took it right to the face and wasn't even phased by it.

Even if he only resisted the black hole's gravitational pull using flight power, that still says a lot. The fact that not even light can escape the gravity of a black hole but Hollywood could resist it without even straining is s great strength feat imo, kind of like when Superman uses his flight power to help him move the moon.

Validus
Leo is a freaking n00b.

Adam Warlock
Leo is a freaking n00b.

laughing

Hollywood is a top tier brick. But I'm pretty sure he is still susceptible to energy manipulation attacks from beings like Surfer and what not.

Adam Warlock
Here he catches up with the aliens that killed off most of earth heroes back in his reality, and these things were thousands of years more advanced than the ones that attacked Earth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy62-39.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy62-33.jpg

leonidas
Leo is a freaking n00b.

big grin

Adam Warlock
Oh, for those of you who don't know who Cuchalin was, he was a Celtic God and he joined the Gaurdians for a short while. He defeated Drax The Destroyer in a close match within those issues. It was the big dumb version of Drax, but he went toe to toe with Drax in a slugfest.

Simon flooring Cuchalin in one punch says just how much his strength improved.

leonidas
or it says how full of pis that scene was . . . shifty

bigbran
no, how strong he was,

leonidas
or it says how full of pis that scene was . . . shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.