Green Lantern vs Mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
How would each one of these Green Lantern's do against The Mandarin?

Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
Jon Stewart
Kilowag
Sinestro
Alan Scott
Jade

That's enough.

If you don't know who the Mandarin is then you're either too young or haven't been in comic books for long. He used to be Iron Man's arch nemesis. Very tough and he out-numbers any one GL in rings...that's a joke. Not a good one but still a joke. Here's an idea of his powers:

Mandarin's Rings and Their Abilities

LEFT HAND

LITTLE FINGER: "Ice Blast" - The ring emits waves of cold which can be used to stun an opponent. The ring usually causes the air in the path of its blast to turn to ice, and can lower an object's temperature to nearly absolute zero.

RING FINGER: "Mento-Intensifier" - The ring magnifies the wearer's own psionic energy, allowing him to place one or more people under his mental control and to transmit orders to them mentally. This ring can affect only one person at a time and only at a distance of ten feet.

MIDDLE FINGER: "Electro-Blast" - The ring emits electricity in amounts and intensities mentally determined by the wearer. The maximum voltage attainable is not known.

INDEX FINGER: "Flame Blast" - The ring emits infrared radiation, or heat, at intensities mentally determined by the wearer. Usually the heat produces flame through incandescing the molecules in the air in the path of the blast. The heat beam can be used to trigger chemical explosions. The maximum amount of heat it can generate is not known.

THUMB: "White Light" - This ring can emit various forms of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum.

RIGHT HAND

LITTLE FINGER: "Black Light" - The ring can create an area of absolute blackness that seems to absorb all light used within it. Although "black light" is a term used to refer to ultraviolet radiation, the darkness created by the ring is probably a form of the "darkforce" used by Cloak, Darkstar, and the Shroud.

RING FINGER: "Disintegration Beam" - The ring emits a beam of energy that destroys all Ponds between the atoms and molecules of the object it strikes. This ring needs twenty minutes to recharge after use.

MIDDLE FINGER: "Vortex Beam" - The ring causes the air to move about at high speed in a vortex. The vortex can be used as an offensive weapon, as a means of levitating objects, or as a means of propelling the ring's wearer through the air.

INDEX FINGER: "Impact Beam" - This ring can project various forms of energy, most frequently that of fast neutrons with the concussive force of 350 pounds of TNT. The ring has also been used to project intense sonic vibrations and to create magnetic waves to attract or repel objects. The ring may be capable of emitting other forms of energy as well.

THUMB: "Matter Rearranger" - This ring can rearrange the atoms and molecules of a substance, or speed up or slow down their movement, so as to produce various effects. The ring has been used to condense water vapor in the air to liquid water, to solidify gasses, and to create lethal poison gas from the air. The ring cannot transmute elements, nor can it rearrange the atoms and molecules of Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years the Mandarin has established a strong psionic link with his rings, which was made many times stronger during the period in which his mind / spirit actually inhabited them. One result is that no one who wears the rings other than the Mandarin himself can command them. The Mandarin can now command the rings even when they are separated from him by vast distances, and mentally monitor events taking place around a ring that has been separated from him.

For more info check out:http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mandarin.htm

Psyquis52
Hal Jordan = 6/10
Kyle Rayner = 6/10
Guy Gardner = 3/10
Jon Stewart = 2/10
Kilowag = 4/10
Sinestro = 6/10
Alan Scott = 7/10
Jade = 3/10

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Not really. embarrasment

Tron
Only about three of Mandarin's rings pose any kind of problem to any GL, or Sinestro, but not any they should have any problem overcoming. They take the win more often than not.

rotiart
I agree with Psyquis52.. EXCEPT for the one trick question. Sinestro isn't a green lantern anymore.. him bad guy. so since Sinestro doesn't have a ring... he dies 10/10. meaning he wins 0/10
Hal Jordan = 6/10
Kyle Rayner = 6/10
Guy Gardner = 3/10
Jon Stewart = 2/10
Kilowag = 4/10
Alan Scott = 7/10
Jade = 3/10

Tron
Ummmm, Sinestro isn't a GL anymore, but he still has a ring of his own, and is still a very serious threat to the Corps.

Validus
Originally posted by rotiart
I agree with Psyquis52.. EXCEPT for the one trick question. Sinestro isn't a green lantern anymore.. him bad guy. so since Sinestro doesn't have a ring... he dies 10/10. meaning he wins 0/10

I take it you haven't read a GL comic in the last 40-50 years? stick out tongue

Psyquis52
I was actually using the Sinestro from when he was a GL.

Sorry, I should have specified.

Psyquis52
Oh. BTW, did you know that Mandarin's costume emits a force field?

That and he's a highly skilled martial artist.

ixie
Hasn't Wanda beaten Mandarin when she was still weak and not uber witch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.