Who else was stunned by the plot twist in RotS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
"You were my brother Anakin!"

Was I the only one stunned by the fact that Obi-Wan and Anakin were related to each other? This was quite unexpected; more so than "I am your father!"

Heh, this is confirmed in the novels where Obi-Wan and Owen Lars are brothers. Always count on sneeky Lucas to pull something like this.

Jedi Priestess
OH MY GOD!

SHOCKING!!! jawdrop

slam

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OH MY GOD!

SHOCKING!!! jawdrop

slam laughing out loud laughing

Jedi Priestess
Well jeeez louise. messed

Stealth Agent
*speachless*

Wind Sister
Right no expression

Alliance
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
slam

Nothing says it better.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Razielim

Was I the only one stunned by the fact that Obi-Wan and Anakin were related to each other? This was quite unexpected; more so than "I am your father!"

Heh, this is confirmed in the novels where Obi-Wan and Owen Lars are brothers. Always count on sneeky Lucas to pull something like this.

starwars
shitshitshitshitshitshitshit

DE Luke
Originally posted by Alliance
Nothing says it better. Agreed.

Razielim
Ha ha ha...

overlord
I WASN'T SHOCKED!! I SAW THIS COMING, I SWEAR!!!! I'm such a cool cat.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by overlord
I WASN'T SHOCKED!! I SAW THIS COMING, I SWEAR!!!! I'm such a cool cat.

I suppose Kent told you?

Sith Master X
Padme is Obi-Wan's sister.

PVS
no expression *leaves*

Captain REX
Hate you...so much...

LanceWindu

http://freeweb.supereva.com/esorciccio2002/smilies/giljotiini.gif

Sith Master X
Well was anyone else surprised that Anakin was Palpatine's son?

"I need your help son."

Which is even creepier because if Anakin and Obi-Wan are brothers, that makes the Emperor the father of Kenobi.

Blue_Hefner
Iguess Kenobi and Palpatine were lovers too. "You once told me Obi Wan was a father to you". Padme

Razielim
I guess Star Wars is just one big, messed up episode of Jerry Springer.

moviefreak_173
I could see lucas writing that line and thinking " I will put that line in there and if people believe it was an actual revolation I will take full credit and say it was planned from day one, but if it is never questioned I want mention it. MWA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!"

Razielim
That sure sounds like Lucas.

D4th R3v4n

dots wallbash

KingDubya
Originally posted by moviefreak_173
I could see lucas writing that line and thinking " I will put that line in there and if people believe it was an actual revolation I will take full credit and say it was planned from day one, but if it is never questioned I want mention it. MWA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!"
Quote from an episode of X-Play.

Impersonation of George Lucas: "Buy Star Wars again and again and again and again."

Those two things prove without a doubt that he is evil...

Now, to set aside the joking, we all know that Obi-Wan was speaking metaphorically because they're relationship was similar to that between brothers. If you didn't know that, you truly are idiotic.

SpyCspider
^awww awww u ruined the fun! cool

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by PVS
no expression *leaves*

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by KingDubya
Now, to set aside the joking, we all know that Obi-Wan was speaking metaphorically because they're relationship was similar to that between brothers. If you didn't know that, you truly are idiotic.

Ok, good, so I don't have to say it now... I mean seriousally, Anakin & Obi aren't related, In a (I hate to use the word group but...) group like that everyone are "Brothers" and "Sisters" Even Windu and Yoda! And if you can't see that then you are a true Idiot... Or as Archie Bunker says it: Meat Head!

And Obi and Ani were very close... Closer than Anakin and Padme... sick

Ok, I have put my 2 cents in, thank you! smile

kalsemo
Originally posted by Generic Hero
I guess Star Wars is just one big, messed up episode of Jerry Springer.

laughing laughing laughing

preysin
there was no twist. we all knew anakin was goin to become darth vader.

Captain REX
I didn't. no expression

overlord
Yes, it also scared the hell out of me, I thought he was going to defeat the evil Dooku and Sidious and so rescue the universe and be a hero. But he suddenly became sith?

Someone also told me there is another SW trilogy about what happened after RotS? This makes no sense at all, they just immediately made these three new films without me noticing it?

Mišt
Theres more than 3 SW movies?eek!Happy Dance I have to see them, are they in cinemas now or coming soon?confused But I dunno, sounds like they might be lying to us, how could they make 3 more movies after Anakin and Padme died and Yoda went to live by himself?erm Unless they made it in the far future when Anakin's kids were grown up, but they would make no sense and be crap blink

overlord
Yeah, new movies after RotS while all jedi are dead and I haven't seen any commercials or announcements in the newspapers. How can this happen so fast? erm

TheOnes2
Bah, at the speed there releasing them i bet the effects wont be as good as the last 3

mikester

notice he said "you were like my brother" it's kinda a description. But Vader just said "Luke I'm your father"

overlord
You are sadly mistaken. He never said "Luke, guess what, I'm your father" he said "No, I am your father"!!!!!! DIRP!!

Mišt
Yeah, new movies after RotS while all jedi are dead and I haven't seen any commercials or announcements in the newspapers. How can this happen so fast? erm

I dont think its real man, I think they're making it up just so they can fool us into thinking theres more SW, I mean come on, Palpatine got his face melted, Anakin got burned and chopped up, Obi Wan is by himself on Tattooine, Yoda went somewhere by himself, Padme died...man wtf, they cant make anymore, everyone is either dead or crappy. Its all lies man, dont believe the rumours.erm

overlord
Yeah, Lucas probably tried to make a shakespearian ending. All heroes die and even Anakin falls in the lava. It's weird though that Lucas just lets Palpatines face melt off instead of killing him. I guess he's just a sadistic creep or something.

But yeah, if there would already be three new SW movies after RotS I definately would have known.

J.M FcThumbs-Up

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

DarthSidiouss
wow i noticed this a very long time ago.

LovelyOne
I always thought the "I am your brother" was actually him saying how he felt about anikin instead of what he actually is to anikin..or am I wrong?

SpyCspider
^sorry, you're wrong. Anikin and Obi-wan have been separated at birth and only realized when dueling on top of lava that they were blood-related. Lava brings that out in you.

Just like Leia and Luke, except they made out and we're not certain Anikin and Obi-wan did. shifty

LovelyOne
*slow claps* thanks for the sarcasm.. stick out tongue

Darth Sexiest

Are you a dumbass? they were made thirty years ago...

You diden't know?

queeq
laughing out loud

sithsaber408
L laughing out loud L!!!

note to darth sexiest: we're laughing at you, not with you.

Alliance
JELLlaughing out loud!

queeq
Amazing...

SpaceMonkey
Whatever mistakes in dialogue were made, they'll be fixed in the next re-release being called the "ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE DEFINITIVE EDITION".

PVS
turn to mirror and repeat:

Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Are you a dumbass?

exanda kane
There is so much sarcasm in this thread its getting hard to see who's joking and who isnt smile

erskj01
OMG!! R U PEOPLE FOR REAL? ANAKIN AND OBI WAN ARE NOT BROTHERS!! WHEN OBI WAN SAID "YOU WERE MY BROTHER" HE MEANT THIS IN THE SENSE THEY WERE AS CLOSE AS BROTHERS. ALSO OBI WAN AND PADME ARE NOT RELATED. PALPATINE IS NOT ANAKINS FATHER AS ANAKIN WAS A CREATION OF THE MIDI-CHLORIANS AND Y WOULD THE SENETOR OF NABOO **** A SLAVE FROM TATOOINE ANYWAY?! SORRY IM GOIN ON A BIT, IVE JST REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM THATS ALL AND I COULDNT RESIST POSTING ON THIS THREAD COS NO1 SEEMED TO KNOW THE CRACK

PVS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

exanda kane
Originally posted by erskj01
OMG!! R U PEOPLE FOR REAL? ANAKIN AND OBI WAN ARE NOT BROTHERS!! WHEN OBI WAN SAID "YOU WERE MY BROTHER" HE MEANT THIS IN THE SENSE THEY WERE AS CLOSE AS BROTHERS. ALSO OBI WAN AND PADME ARE NOT RELATED. PALPATINE IS NOT ANAKINS FATHER AS ANAKIN WAS A CREATION OF THE MIDI-CHLORIANS AND Y WOULD THE SENETOR OF NABOO **** A SLAVE FROM TATOOINE ANYWAY?! SORRY IM GOIN ON A BIT, IVE JST REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM THATS ALL AND I COULDNT RESIST POSTING ON THIS THREAD COS NO1 SEEMED TO KNOW THE CRACK

I do hope he is joking.

Darth Subjekt

im sorry...could you repeat that?

Tangible God
OMG!! R U PEOPLE FOR REAL? ANAKIN AND OBI WAN ARE NOT BROTHERS!! WHEN OBI WAN SAID "YOU WERE MY BROTHER" HE MEANT THIS IN THE SENSE THEY WERE AS CLOSE AS BROTHERS. ALSO OBI WAN AND PADME ARE NOT RELATED. PALPATINE IS NOT ANAKINS FATHER AS ANAKIN WAS A CREATION OF THE MIDI-CHLORIANS AND Y WOULD THE SENETOR OF NABOO **** A SLAVE FROM TATOOINE ANYWAY?! SORRY IM GOIN ON A BIT, IVE JST REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM THATS ALL AND I COULDNT RESIST POSTING ON THIS THREAD COS NO1 SEEMED TO KNOW THE CRACK Lol. You're silly.

queeq
VERY silly.... you just won the KMC Silly Poster Award.

SpaceMonkey

Welcome to the forum.... now dust yourself off and come back for more.

queeq
And please get out of that all-caps mode

Alliance

Welcome to KMC. Please take your medication. messed

PVS
ZOMG WELCOME TO TEH INTERNETS!!!!!!!!!!111

Alliance
Please use The Google.

PVS
the internet is a series of tubes

Alliance
Is that what I see on my screensaver? The innerworkings of the internets?

PVS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_of_tubes

Alliance
God bless the Google.

PVS
all the little googles in teh internet tubes...happily frolicking

queeq
Quite

PVS
very much so

queeq
And you like tubes?

PVS
yes, i love teh internets.

queeq
Good... stay a while.

PVS
i just have trouble fitting into the really small tubes.
the internets are confusing sometimes. how are your tubes queeq?

queeq
Fine and dandy, PVS. Maybe you should try losing some weight.

PVS
more cushion for the pushin

Alliance
Whose pushin you? sick

PVS
queeq, dont be shy

Alliance
ahh...I always knewed ya two was teh ghey.

queeq
PVS is... and you sure fancy men. Good thing you two found each other.

PVS
but...what of all those romantic things you whispered in my ear?

are you ashamed of me queeq?

Alliance
I think so. He's trying to dump you on me.

queeq
It's nothing personal. JP doesn't want to share anymore. And I thought you two make an great couple...

It's beyond my control...

Alliance
hmmmm....."The Dark side clouds everything"

queeq
It's beyond my control.

Alliance
Oh really, I thought I was a choice.

queeq
Even choice have to be made beyond my control.

Alliance
So what made the choice then?

queeq
Something beyond my control...

Alliance
Can yo uprovide a real answer?

queeq
It's beyond my control... that's a real answer.

Alliance
No, because it neither provides the real source of the control nor the mechanism through which that source acted.

queeq
It is of no concern to you.

Alliance
I really think it should be.

queeq
Why?

Alliance
Becuase you brought it into discussion.

If you can't back up your force alignment, you really don't deserve to express your opinion.

queeq
I can do anything, I am mod. evil face

Alliance
No. You are primarily a member of the forum.

queeq
Oh no....

Alliance
Yes.

PVS
Originally posted by queeq
I can do anything, I am mod. evil face

member...mod....whatever...just get your little ass back on that street corner and next time i see you, you better have my money

smoker4
You as cold as ice playa

PVS
gotta keep m'bitches in line.

coolmovies
nope this line by obiwan was not shocking

queeq
Wow.... on topic post! Congrats!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.