Things that Piss You Off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Smasandian
Just finished playing FIFA World Cup 2006 and they're was something in the game that made me really mad. So I tried to find a thread about it, but no such luck. So I created a thread about things that piss you off when it comes to games. Stuff that just literally makes you throw the controller.
Thread to vent in. Or rant.
Or a thread to warn people about stuff.

So this is what pissed me off.

Bought the game after reading an review and played the demo. I wondered if it had a create-a-player option like every other sports game. (Had an idea to create this incredible striker and midfielder for Canada), so I looked on the net about it and I found that it did.

I looked around and around to create this player, but no such luck. They're wasnt an option, so I went online again to see if I'm dumb or not...but alas I'm not. EA decided to put an create-a-player option into all the other versions except the XBOX 360's....what the **** is that? It's not like it's tough to put an option that was included to other copies....it's just so frustrating..
Afterthat, I decided to play as England. So, I started the mode, and I wanted to change the formation and stuff and change players because they had shit reserves playing for the team. So I wanted to replace Alan Smith with Michael Carrick...but in true EA fashion, there isnt an option to change him. You can insert Alan Smith into the subs line, or the starting 11, but you couldnt change him for an reserve player. You dont even see his name. Then I went to player stats, and guess who was there, thats right, Carrick. The overall story is that EA's lineup is pretty much the only lineup your allowed.
Sure, you can change the team on the main menu away from the mode, and save it, but once you get into the actual mode, the team reverts back into original EA's lineup.
If anybody knows a way to change this, please let me know.

Does anybody else have an rant about something they saw in the game?

Sin Harvest
What pisses me off is BFME 1 and 2.

BFME 1: The fact that if you are playing against a computer (Hard) they get Balrog/Army of the Dead out in 6 minutes and they seem to never run out of resources.

BFME 2: They always know where all my lumber mills, farms, slaughter houses, basically anything that gives you resources, they some how always know exactly where to find them. I made a lumber mill far out of the way in High Pass and yet they somehow knew 100% where it was.

NineCoronas
The one-shot kills that Jackals have in Halo 2 Legendary.

SaTsuJiN
crappy A.I. that doesnt even try to hide how bad it is...

it could be any game really.. soccer.. fighting... racing..

you poke a pixel out you get headshotted.. you try a 10-hit combo they block all of it without a sweat.. you think you had the ball in that soccer game til they steal it and kick a field goal from all the way across the arena... they get that sudden burst of speed an pass you up in that racing game

its like they pretend to be stupid until you threaten to beat them, then they go godmode.. auto aim.. autopilot.. read your controller movements, and whatever other crap they use to trash your existence.. and all out of nowhere...

thats mostly the crap that gets me mad

BackFire
Cheap Bosses/A.I. - Cheap bosses can be seen in almost every fighting game ever made, the best examples are Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 4. The bosses have more moves, do more damage, and are faster than any other characters and have an inherent advantage. It's such a lazy way of creating a challenge, one that occurs way too much. Cheap AI can be seen in many a FPS game. Farcry suffered a bit from this, but the original Ghost Recon was the main offender that I can remember. Their aim was perfect, which doesn't make sense seeing as most enemies in these games are just untrained terrorists or something. Yet they have the ability to shoot me directly in the head from a a mile away. Cheap AI is also in fighting games as well. Usually on the hard mode, you'll encounter computer controlled fighters that know what you're doing way sooner than is reasonable. You push up and forward and kick to do a jump kick, and they're in the air to counter the move the second the machine processes it. Again, just a lazy way of trying to create a challenge.

The tank rush in RTS games is beyond lame. Thankfully most new RTS games have systems that don't allow the generic 'build as many tanks as possible as fast as possible and rush'. There are now easy counters, as there should be, to such a lazy and unskilled strategy.

Spawn Camping or just camping in general - What can be said about this that isn't already known? It keeps games long, boring and redundant. The only good thing about this is that by camping the player basically submits that they suck and have to play it safe to not die all the time. Go get some skill or go play a ****ing MMO where skill doesn't matter.

"Me too games". These are just games that are copying another original/popular game. The current trend in this category is the ghetto game, inspired by San Andreas.

Every Japanese RPG thinking it's Final Fantasy. Yeah, stop forcing cheesy real world metaphors into your games. It works in FF, it doesn't work for you.

The sad/quiet protagonist. Started by Cloud, further digressed by Squall. Thankfully, somewhat destroyed by Tidus. Still, a lot of RPG's think that it makes their games deeper or more complex if the main character ***** off all the time or is "depressed". I don't play RPG's to play as an emo. Take some Prozac and go to sleep.

WWII games. Killing Nazi's has officially gone down the toilet. It's okay in some of the good series (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) but there are so many copy cat WWII games that it's become a joke.

Game delays - AKA 'The Duke Nukem Forever' or the Final Fantasy XII. Got a game you're excited for that's supposed to be coming out in the next year or so? Think again, the next Star Wars movie will be out before it. Why will it be delayed? Because the company is too stupid to do their job properly and correctly project when their game will be playable. It's even happening with game demos. The soon to be released game 'Prey' was supposed to have a demo released simultaneously on the 360 and the PC. But oopsy! It looks like some lazy piece of crap didn't bother testing the demo until an hour before it was supposed to be released and realized that the 360 version was broken to some horrible extent. Literally every big game is delayed these days. This has even spread to games that most people don't really give a shit about. The recently released Jaws game was delayed for over a year. Dead Rising has been delayed for several months and will probably suck. If no one cares initially about your game, then delaying it is only ensuring it's poor sales.

NineCoronas
Originally posted by BackFire
Cheap Bosses/A.I. - Cheap bosses can be seen in almost every fighting game ever made, the best examples are Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 4. The bosses have more moves, do more damage, and are faster than any other characters and have an inherent advantage. It's such a lazy way of creating a challenge, one that occurs way too much. Cheap AI can be seen in many a FPS game. Farcry suffered a bit from this, but the original Ghost Recon was the main offender that I can remember. Their aim was perfect, which doesn't make sense seeing as most enemies in these games are just untrained terrorists or something. Yet they have the ability to shoot me directly in the head from a a mile away. Cheap AI is also in fighting games as well. Usually on the hard mode, you'll encounter computer controlled fighters that know what you're doing way sooner than is reasonable. You push up and forward and kick to do a jump kick, and they're in the air to counter the move the second the machine processes it. Again, just a lazy way of trying to create a challenge.

The tank rush in RTS games is beyond lame. Thankfully most new RTS games have systems that don't allow the generic 'build as many tanks as possible as fast as possible and rush'. There are now easy counters, as there should be, to such a lazy and unskilled strategy.

Spawn Camping or just camping in general - What can be said about this that isn't already known? It keeps games long, boring and redundant. The only good thing about this is that by camping the player basically submits that they suck and have to play it safe to not die all the time. Go get some skill or go play a ****ing MMO where skill doesn't matter.

"Me too games". These are just games that are copying another original/popular game. The current trend in this category is the ghetto game, inspired by San Andreas.

Every Japanese RPG thinking it's Final Fantasy. Yeah, stop forcing cheesy real world metaphors into your games. It works in FF, it doesn't work for you.

The sad/quiet protagonist. Started by Cloud, further digressed by Squall. Thankfully, somewhat destroyed by Tidus. Still, a lot of RPG's think that it makes their games deeper or more complex if the main character ***** off all the time or is "depressed". I don't play RPG's to play as an emo. Take some Prozac and go to sleep.

WWII games. Killing Nazi's has officially gone down the toilet. It's okay in some of the good series (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) but there are so many copy cat WWII games that it's become a joke.

Game delays - AKA 'The Duke Nukem Forever' or the Final Fantasy XII. Got a game you're excited for that's supposed to be coming out in the next year or so? Think again, the next Star Wars movie will be out before it. Why will it be delayed? Because the company is too stupid to do their job properly and correctly project when their game will be playable. It's even happening with game demos. The soon to be released game 'Prey' was supposed to have a demo released simultaneously on the 360 and the PC. But oopsy! It looks like some lazy piece of crap didn't bother testing the demo until an hour before it was supposed to be released and realized that the 360 version was broken to some horrible extent. Literally every big game is delayed these days. This has even spread to games that most people don't really give a shit about. The recently released Jaws game was delayed for over a year. Dead Rising has been delayed for several months and will probably suck. If no one cares initially about your game, then delaying it is only ensuring it's poor sales. To add to the bottom of your post, certain games could've benifitted frmo Delaying, such as KOTOR II. An extra three months or four could've done wonders... so to be honest, I can keep my britches on long enough to survive one or two delays, though the Duke Nukem Forever thing is just... [email protected]#%ing extreme.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
crappy A.I. that doesnt even try to hide how bad it is...

it could be any game really.. soccer.. fighting... racing..

you poke a pixel out you get headshotted.. you try a 10-hit combo they block all of it without a sweat.. you think you had the ball in that soccer game til they steal it and kick a field goal from all the way across the arena... they get that sudden burst of speed an pass you up in that racing game

its like they pretend to be stupid until you threaten to beat them, then they go godmode.. auto aim.. autopilot.. read your controller movements, and whatever other crap they use to trash your existence.. and all out of nowhere...

thats mostly the crap that gets me mad

Well look at it like this. You're training so you can get better and be able to beat your friends with ease.

NineCoronas
The bombs in Hexic.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Cheap Bosses/A.I. - Cheap bosses can be seen in almost every fighting game ever made, the best examples are Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 4. The bosses have more moves, do more damage, and are faster than any other characters and have an inherent advantage. It's such a lazy way of creating a challenge, one that occurs way too much. Cheap AI can be seen in many a FPS game. Farcry suffered a bit from this, but the original Ghost Recon was the main offender that I can remember. Their aim was perfect, which doesn't make sense seeing as most enemies in these games are just untrained terrorists or something. Yet they have the ability to shoot me directly in the head from a a mile away. Cheap AI is also in fighting games as well. Usually on the hard mode, you'll encounter computer controlled fighters that know what you're doing way sooner than is reasonable. You push up and forward and kick to do a jump kick, and they're in the air to counter the move the second the machine processes it. Again, just a lazy way of trying to create a challenge.


To go even futher, the one thing frustrates me is how games suddenly go into super hard mode and you cant beat it because it cheats.....oh that soooooo angers me... cant thing of anything off the top of my head, but it really really annoying. I dont mind a challenge but I hate it that happens.

It's nice to see that everybody else gets so mad about something, I thought this thread would be an waste of time..

DarkC
When I die in PvP playing World of Warcraft because of lag.

NineCoronas
Lag in ****ing gneral.

Smasandian
Yeah, yah rarely see somebody who likes lag...haha

steverules
Star wars's ep III for gameboy. I'm on the Mustafaar system I get to the droid battle tank but I swear there is no way to get past it. I have tried everything. But nothing works.

DarkC
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, yah rarely see somebody who likes lag...haha
The f*cktards who exploited that in Halo 2 before it was fixed.

NineCoronas
Originally posted by DarkC
The f*cktards who exploited that in Halo 2 before it was fixed. Standbying?

kamikz
Star Wars Battlefront 2, when you have almost all the command posts and you have about 10 reinforcements while the enemy has 40. SOmetimes you loose just to loose, no reason. I swear I could take down those 40 myself, but sometimes I just loose, even when I still have reinforcements.....

DarkC
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Standbying?
I think so.

Vinny Valentine
This is really small, but the Music in some game. The Music really sucks laughing out loud


But on another side, I really hated those people who screamed with the really high pitched voices, which was really hard in the ears.

Or those people who would Spawn Kill....

DarkC
Things that piss me off, game wise:

(These have all actually happened to me.)

1.) Being spawn killed by an AWP. (Counter-strike)
2.) Being KO'ed by the 100th man in the hundred man melee. (SSBM)
3.) Failing in the last fifteen seconds of a seven minute song on heavy difficulty. (DDR)
4.) Surviving the third boss miraculously with one life left, then being bitten by a stupid BAT in the next level. (House of the Dead 2)

The Overmaster
Originally posted by DarkC
Things that piss me off, game wise:

(These have all actually happened to me.)

1.) Being spawn killed by an AWP. (Counter-strike)
2.) Being KO'ed by the 100th man in the hundred man melee. (SSBM)
3.) Failing in the last fifteen seconds of a seven minute song on heavy difficulty. (DDR)
4.) Surviving the third boss miraculously with one life left, then being bitten by a stupid BAT in the next level. (House of the Dead 2)

LOL! You have no idea how many times I pulled out my hair and hit my concrete floor as hard as i could (nearly breaking my hand) because of stupid crap like that.

Bardock42
That the Soviets invented Tetris.

MadMel
Originally posted by DarkC
Things that piss me off, game wise:

(These have all actually happened to me.)

1.) Being spawn killed by an AWP. (Counter-strike)
2.) Being KO'ed by the 100th man in the hundred man melee. (SSBM)
3.) Failing in the last fifteen seconds of a seven minute song on heavy difficulty. (DDR)
4.) Surviving the third boss miraculously with one life left, then being bitten by a stupid BAT in the next level. (House of the Dead 2)
murphy's law erm

Smasandian
Originally posted by Bardock42
That the Soviets invented Tetris.

That Soviet who is currently working in the States because he never got royalities for one the most popular and highest selling videogame of all time.

Tetris is a pretty interesting story if anybody wanted to know.

NineCoronas
Me!

bogen
one word; LAG

Mišt
Originally posted by ESB -1138
BFME 2: They always know where all my lumber mills, farms, slaughter houses, basically anything that gives you resources, they some how always know exactly where to find them. I made a lumber mill far out of the way in High Pass and yet they somehow knew 100% where it was.

This happens in the first one too, I like to exploit it to my advantage....build up a big army inside your citadel, send a couple of peons out to build a crappy lumbermill or something far off on the other side of the map, the enemy sends all their troops off to destroy it, you move your troops out and into their base while its undefended smokin'

- When you accidently kill a teammate and you instantly lose the mission (CoD2)
- Limted number of save games (Hitman 2...seriously...3 save games allowed in the entire game..cant even overwrite older save games)
- When the Hardest difficulty is still easy as piss (Empire at War)
- When you empty a whole clip into a guy and he still wont die (BF2)
- Running all over the map repeatedly for minor quests (WoW)

Burning thought
any damned cheating AI with no skill i hate..ive played games like Rise of legends that rarely cheat and often gives me and cool, fun and fair game with a reasonable challenge but if you put it to high difficulty it cheats...fair enough but unlike ROL, BFME 2 cheats constantly

they know where all your units and buildings are all the time, they fckin constantly attack buildings, i mean honestly i rarely have a proper battle, their units run right past my men and at my slaughter houses which last seconds, strangely enough though, their 1 horsemen betallion is stronger by far than 3 orc hordes and a troll roll eyes (sarcastic) pisses me off bad

apart from those, generally any game where lag or cheating by AI comes into play

IceJaw
Cheaters and complete assholes on CS : Source ranting

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by IceJaw
Cheaters and complete assholes on CS : Source ranting Agreed. Source seems to be full of both.

MadMel
people who advertise their clan and bring them in on a clan server!!!
no respect..

Tonnochi
That Eidos CANCELLED BACK IN NYC BY THREATENING TO BRING BREADFAN TO COURT (Back In NYC was a Deus Ex Machnima).

AND Eidos won't sell Deus Ex to someone that WON'T LET IT ROT.


I

HATE

EIDOS

Kayne Archeron
bosses that just sit there and wait for you to even move, then suddenly they wtfcannon you

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
bosses that just sit there and wait for you to even move, then suddenly they wtfcannon you rofl yeah.. pure fighting game gold right there

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
bosses that just sit there and wait for you to even move, then suddenly they wtfcannon you i hate it when they sit and stare at you, you stare back, and try attacking when they least expect it, but out of no where they know what you're doing EXACTLY, so they find a way to reflect it or do a counter-attack

Impediment
Cheap or lame boss AI. Perfect example is RE4's final boss, Saddler. Every time I fight him, he's either a one-hitter-quitter, meaning he'll kill me in less than a minute, or he'll just stand there like a fat kid in a helmet and wait for you to grenade to shit out of him until you eventually waste him. I wish it were more evened out, you know, so I can have an enjoyable experience of murdering him.

ESB -1138
How about in racing games when you are like half a lap to a lap ahead of everyone else and they fill in the gap in like 10 seconds and yet when you are behind that far it is impossible for you to catch up.

RedAlertv2
The fact that I dont own a gravity gun in real life

MadMel
LOL...
the fact that a conclusion to the legacy of kain series hasnt been made..............yet..

Ushgarak
Unskippable cutscenes- grievous gaming sin.

Likewise any part of a game that prevents you getting to a menu.

MadMel
for your first...depends no the game and how many times youve played it..
i agree on your second one though..smile..

Ushgarak
No no, the first is an absolute! No game should ever, EVER have cutscenes that cannot be skipped.

This problem manifests in many ways. Most irritating is when a cutscene comes before a difficult part in a game, and cannot be skipped, meaning that every time you reload after failure- a point at which aggravation is high anyway- your anger is stretched further, totally unneccessarily, by being forced to watch something again that you may have already watched a dozen times, when all you want to do is try the hard bit already! Being forced to watch the scene again and again and again is horrendous.

Final Fantasy pushed the concept stlill further by having 'cutscenes' (actually attack forms) inside its battle scenes that were horifficly long; entertaining the first time but which you could easily use a hundred times or more in-game and made you want to shoot yourself by the end.

But even just a general, quiet-time cutscene should be skippable simply on the point that, although the game might not know it, you might have already seen it. At which point the scene has zero value unless you specifically wanted a replay, and so why the hell should you be forced to wait, totally unneccessarily, to actually play the game you paid for?

By the same token, all cutscenes in games should, once accessed, be breplayable from the game menu, in case you do want to see it again, or accidentally skipped it.

In any game rating I make, fialing to provide 100% skippable cutscenes loses a game a mark. It really, really aggravates! I say 100% because some games arse around in ways I do not understand,. The second Prince of Persia game, for example, allowed you to 'skip' cutscenes you had already seen. But you couldn't skip them if you hadn;t already seen them (even though this counted for every time you reloaded the damn game), and the 'skipping' was actually just fast forwarding. What is the point of that? Fast forward a three minute scene and I still lose a wasted minute. Just skip it!

Or Lego Star Wars- fine game in many ways, but very werid half measures. You can press Escape to skip the opening crawl for each episode- fair. But then it goes straight from the crawl into the opening cutscene which can't be skipped at all. They realised the skipping for the first bit, why not the second? Luckily they are not long, but the principle is bad. The first Lego Star Wars game was also exceptionally guility of the 'pointless and unskippable cutscene you have to see dozens of times just before a hard bit' crime, in the podracing section.

And you can tell games makers that take REAL care about such things as compared to those who do not. Blizzard have a well-deserved reputation for good gameplay, and they do exactly what I like with cutscenes. You can skip them, and once unlocked you can see them again whenever you want.

Velkyn
Someone that caps you when you first spawn in a game with the ammo and weapons they have been collecting all the time.... just so they can call you a noob cause pistol vs wtfcannon just isn't a even matchup...

Playing battlefield and watching your last teammate refuse to get out of the plane cause he said he waited all day for one, just to watch the ticks count down hopelessly.

PC Game crashes in the most inopportune times after finally beating that boss from hell... but before you would normally save the game...

Beating a game then losing in vs mode to a rookie due to simply luck of the button presses unleasing moves you didn't have a clue were in the game.

Fake difficulty by just adding more of the very easy level AI that waits patiently to be headshot...

IceJaw
Originally posted by Velkyn
Someone that caps you when you first spawn in a game with the ammo and weapons they have been collecting all the time.... just so they can call you a noob cause pistol vs wtfcannon just isn't a even matchup...

Playing battlefield and watching your last teammate refuse to get out of the plane cause he said he waited all day for one, just to watch the ticks count down hopelessly.

PC Game crashes in the most inopportune times after finally beating that boss from hell... but before you would normally save the game...

Beating a game then losing in vs mode to a rookie due to simply luck of the button presses unleasing moves you didn't have a clue were in the game.

Fake difficulty by just adding more of the very easy level AI that waits patiently to be headshot...

Velkyn
Oh yeah, an addendum.. making an Oblivion or Morrowind character that owns the wilderness... (stealthy archer) just to be put in an underground maze he has no hopes in surviving... which suddenly brings out the realization a restart is in order.

Gregory
Any RPG that expects you to spend hours leveling up. If you have to do that, it means that the game is not properly balanced, and should have been fixed before it went on the market.

I completely agree about unskippable cutscenes.

MadMel
No no, the first is an absolute! No game should ever, EVER have cutscenes that cannot be skipped.

This problem manifests in many ways. Most irritating is when a cutscene comes before a difficult part in a game, and cannot be skipped, meaning that every time you reload after failure- a point at which aggravation is high anyway- your anger is stretched further, totally unneccessarily, by being forced to watch something again that you may have already watched a dozen times, when all you want to do is try the hard bit already! Being forced to watch the scene again and again and again is horrendous.

Final Fantasy pushed the concept stlill further by having 'cutscenes' (actually attack forms) inside its battle scenes that were horifficly long; entertaining the first time but which you could easily use a hundred times or more in-game and made you want to shoot yourself by the end.

But even just a general, quiet-time cutscene should be skippable simply on the point that, although the game might not know it, you might have already seen it. At which point the scene has zero value unless you specifically wanted a replay, and so why the hell should you be forced to wait, totally unneccessarily, to actually play the game you paid for?

By the same token, all cutscenes in games should, once accessed, be breplayable from the game menu, in case you do want to see it again, or accidentally skipped it.

In any game rating I make, fialing to provide 100% skippable cutscenes loses a game a mark. It really, really aggravates! I say 100% because some games arse around in ways I do not understand,. The second Prince of Persia game, for example, allowed you to 'skip' cutscenes you had already seen. But you couldn't skip them if you hadn;t already seen them (even though this counted for every time you reloaded the damn game), and the 'skipping' was actually just fast forwarding. What is the point of that? Fast forward a three minute scene and I still lose a wasted minute. Just skip it!

Or Lego Star Wars- fine game in many ways, but very werid half measures. You can press Escape to skip the opening crawl for each episode- fair. But then it goes straight from the crawl into the opening cutscene which can't be skipped at all. They realised the skipping for the first bit, why not the second? Luckily they are not long, but the principle is bad. The first Lego Star Wars game was also exceptionally guility of the 'pointless and unskippable cutscene you have to see dozens of times just before a hard bit' crime, in the podracing section.

And you can tell games makers that take REAL care about such things as compared to those who do not. Blizzard have a well-deserved reputation for good gameplay, and they do exactly what I like with cutscenes. You can skip them, and once unlocked you can see them again whenever you want.
hmm..
take the LOK series..its a fairly linear game series, and all the story explanations are in the cutscenes...if you did skip it, and you havent played it before, ur pretty screwed..
and for lego SW, if youve beaten the game and you dont want the cutscenes, you can just go to free play and it skips automatically..

Smasandian
Random battles.

Oh how much I hate unavoidable random battles.

Love Skies of Arcadia, but after some time, flying around the world got soo tedious because of them. I all go for random battles in dugeons....but running to places....oh god I hate that...and to make matters worst, the controls were tooo twitchy so if you missed the area (the secret caves thingys) you had to go through umpteenth random battle...ahahhhhhh ****...so hated that.

Velkyn
Random battles are a pain, especially when you can't see a thing then you rget a message that says "Encounter!"... please... especially if it is like 10 ogres or something like that... Tell me you can see a snake from two hundred feet away then some 10 ogres surprise you... yeah...

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Velkyn
Random battles are a pain, especially when you can't see a thing then you rget a message that says "Encounter!"... please... especially if it is like 10 ogres or something like that... Tell me you can see a snake from two hundred feet away then some 10 ogres surprise you... yeah...

OGRES???

MAN I GOT AN OGRE-SLAYING KNIFE

IT DOES +9 DAMAGE TO OGRES XD


but yeah...nothing really gets on my nerves in games other than bosses

MadMel
LOL..
i love that scene!!
COOL IM GETTING DRUNK!! laughing out loud..

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
OGRES???

MAN I GOT AN OGRE-SLAYING KNIFE

IT DOES +9 DAMAGE TO OGRES XD


but yeah...nothing really gets on my nerves in games other than bosses

But bosses are the pinnacle of videogames. You have to have bosses.


You dont need random battles.

ESB -1138

Roland
Since I have no console right now (PS2 laser that reads CD's broke waiting on new one.) I have been playing WoW like 24/7.

HATE IT

1. Players who ninja items.
2. Dieng in PvP b/c of lag as said before.
3. When in an instance someone who just runs into a room and agro's everything.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Smasandian
But bosses are the pinnacle of videogames. You have to have bosses.


You dont need random battles.

oh, i don't think bosses should be gotten rid of... those are just the only things that tend to get in my way in games. alot of enemies you fight in games have no impact on the story; they're just there to get in your way and possibly give you exp. in some cases. random battles are just another way to run into them

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
oh, i don't think bosses should be gotten rid of... those are just the only things that tend to get in my way in games. alot of enemies you fight in games have no impact on the story; they're just there to get in your way and possibly give you exp. in some cases. random battles are just another way to run into them

Most online games where all you do is fetch quests over and over and over and over again like with World of Warcraft, Everquest, and so on. All you do is fetch items that have to be in the darkest cave you could find.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by MadMel
hmm..
take the LOK series..its a fairly linear game series, and all the story explanations are in the cutscenes...if you did skip it, and you havent played it before, ur pretty screwed..
and for lego SW, if youve beaten the game and you dont want the cutscenes, you can just go to free play and it skips automatically..

First, I addressed that when I said cutscenes should always be re-viewable.

Secondly, that's irrelevant. You still have to play story mode a lot.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Most online games where all you do is fetch quests over and over and over and over again like with World of Warcraft, Everquest, and so on. All you do is fetch items that have to be in the darkest cave you could find.

there's online games where you don't? XD

Krone
when you shoot a man in the head from point blank and miss because of Lag ....

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
there's online games where you don't? XD

Yeah there's....... .....umm....let me think.....okay.....can't think of any

General Kaliero
Beating an extremely difficult boss with barely any health, only to have some minion land a lucky hit on me.

Making it all the way to the final boss without k.o.'ing once to face the REAL final boss, only to have the overpowered and cheap fake final boss block every single attack and push me off the platform with an unblockable. Puck you, Abyss... (SoulCalibur 3)

Jumping in FPS games. Especially Metroid Prime Hunters, when I've just completed a 50-minute mission to get a key and bonuses through a ton of warpy rooms, only to miss a moving platform jump and DIE. Why, MP:H, why couldn't you be like MP2?!

Kayne Archeron
i hate using all my resources to kill what i think is the final boss, only to have the real final boss own me when i have nothing left

Smasandian
I agree General K, I hate those bosses where you beat the guy, and your sweating buckets, and then that one minion hits you...and your **** off.

Really, why cant boss battles be 1 on 1....not 1 on boss plus respawing minions.

Jumping does suck in games, but I think jumping is alright when you can quicksave and quickload in less than 10 seconds...pretty much like Half Life when it came out, or any other FPS game. If the game has jumping puzzles and you cant quicksave...thats just annoying.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Making it all the way to the final boss without k.o.'ing once to face the REAL final boss, only to have the overpowered and cheap fake final boss block every single attack and push me off the platform with an unblockable. Puck you, Abyss... (SoulCalibur 3)

Happened to me in Final Fantasy 7. Defeated Bizarro Sephiroth and thought that was it and next thing I knew I was facing Safer Sephiroth. I only had Cloud left and used everything already on Bizarro.

And with Final Fantasy 6 with those 3-4 Big Boss Battles before finally reaching Kefka. Good thing when someone dies they get replaced with someone else or else that boss would be almost unbeatable.

And Final Fantasy 8 with the final bosses. You defeat one to get a overpowered one pop up followed by a friggin' god like boss at the end that has about a million hit points.

grey fox
Innovation.

Oooh we create a console that looks really good , has the capability to download other games...and then we **** up the controller. Don't CARE how damn 'innovative' it is. My controller has at least FOUR damn buttons and a friggen analogue stick.

MadMel
????
ur not talking about wii are you?? mad

ESB -1138
Bad camera angels, no lock on making guns usually, jumpy controls, useless endings, taking away the speed of a game because you have to stop...basically Shadow the Hedgehog in general.

IceJaw
Originally posted by MadMel
????
ur not talking about wii are you?? mad He can't adapt himself erm

Ushgarak
Gee, if innovation in gaming pisses you off, you want a future where gaming is dead.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gee, if innovation in gaming pisses you off, you want a future where gaming is dead.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gee, if innovation in gaming pisses you off, you want a future where gaming is dead.

General Kaliero
Sony fanboys are afraid of change. yes

Lana
Yep...

Oh, Ush, I'm guessing your cutscene rant has to do with FFX...while you can't skip the long plot ones, there is a menu setting that turns off the ones for summoning/magic/overdrives/etc after the first time that particular scene is shown. I think. Haven't played in a while. And in one of the cities (Luca) is a sphere theater where you can buy spheres with all the cutscenes and music. Good way to use up money you've otherwise got no use for.

Anyway, things that piss me off...yeah, cheap AI is up there on the top. Perfect Dark, I'm looking at you. Stupid bad guys that are able to hit you through walls and kill you with one shot yet it takes like five headshots to put them down.

Lag with online games is just obnoxious. Especially when I'm playing RO and people are stupid and kill steal. Loot my drops, will you...rude little idiots are lucky I don't play on PK servers or I'd turn around and kill them.

Impediment
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Happened to me in Final Fantasy 7. Defeated Bizarro Sephiroth and thought that was it and next thing I knew I was facing Safer Sephiroth. I only had Cloud left and used everything already on Bizarro.

You don't have Knights of the Round? One shot of that bad boy will take out Bizzaro Sephiroth so you can face Safer Sephiroth fully stocked. Or if you want a fair fight, you can always use the Final attack-Revive materia combo with W-Summon and Mime.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Impediment
You don't have Knights of the Round? One shot of that bad boy will take out Bizzaro Sephiroth so you can face Safer Sephiroth fully stocked.

It was my first time fighting Sephiroth almost 10 years ago. I didn't know about Knights of the Round Table.

MadMel
this isnt a major one, but in open world game (like GTA) the harder difficulties just arent harder..i dont know why..

Smasandian
Is lag really the fault of the developers, or the fault of shitty public servers?

I just think lag is part of any online gamers day.

MadMel
same...we (my clan for SW: BF2) dont get it much on our clan server anymore..

CrazyEyes
RPGs
You have managed to do well through a difficult boss match and you only need to hit him once more to win. Suddenly "Full Heal" comes into effect before "Super Ultimate Mega Blast" which completely takes you entire sqaud down. The worse offender of this is Golden Sun)

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Lana
Yep...

Oh, Ush, I'm guessing your cutscene rant has to do with FFX...while you can't skip the long plot ones, there is a menu setting that turns off the ones for summoning/magic/overdrives/etc after the first time that particular scene is shown. I think. Haven't played in a while. And in one of the cities (Luca) is a sphere theater where you can buy spheres with all the cutscenes and music. Good way to use up money you've otherwise got no use for.

Anyway, things that piss me off...yeah, cheap AI is up there on the top. Perfect Dark, I'm looking at you. Stupid bad guys that are able to hit you through walls and kill you with one shot yet it takes like five headshots to put them down.

Lag with online games is just obnoxious. Especially when I'm playing RO and people are stupid and kill steal. Loot my drops, will you...rude little idiots are lucky I don't play on PK servers or I'd turn around and kill them.

There might have been a tiny bit of aggravation with Perfect Dark...

ESB -1138
I really hate games where it is very, very hard to tell the men from the women. Here's looking at you Final Fantasy XII.

Lana
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There might have been a tiny bit of aggravation with Perfect Dark...

Damn that game.

Didn't help that I could never get my controller to let me aim precisely or anything...

Kayne Archeron
Perfect Dark Zero is a disgrace to the original x-x

Robby001
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I really hate games where it is very, very hard to tell the men from the women. Here's looking at you Final Fantasy XII.

Yeah what the hell they should call it Final Fantasy XII Fabio Strikes Back. Guy looks totally queer. eek!

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Robby001
Yeah what the hell they should call it Final Fantasy XII Fabio Strikes Back. Guy looks totally queer. eek!

again, better than the main character looking like Billy Bob Thornton

Robby001
Yeah you do have a point there. but shhh.shifty There maybe spies here to get info like that just to f*ck games up.

MadMel
im looking at you robby *pulls out shotgun*...shifty

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
again, better than the main character looking like Billy Bob Thornton

I dunno. At least you can tell that Billy Bob is a guy instead of having to look it up on google.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I dunno. At least you can tell that Billy Bob is a guy instead of having to look it up on google.

i only agree with that for FF12

Robby001
Originally posted by MadMel
im looking at you robby *pulls out shotgun*...shifty

Hey now. 2guns

supercrazy
ICO is a crap game there no point to it, another thing is that when you start you don't know what your supposed to do, i eventually completed it but it took 3 weeks to do so, because i died a million times.

MadMel
i have to wait a month longer than everyone else for a wii mad

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by MadMel
i have to wait a month longer than everyone else for a wii mad y?

MadMel
cuz im an aussie, it aint out till december 7 here...

crazy_shadow
ouch....

ps3, wii, and those 3 games i really want all come out on the 7th? wow what a choise..."i want ps3...NO wii...NO gears of war...NO rainbow six vegas...NO FEAR for xbox360...."

what to choose? i'm getting the 3 games XD

MadMel
ps3....*shudder*..so needlessly expensive..

crazy_shadow
ps3 is for rich people only lol

MadMel
note the word, needlessly..

crazy_shadow
yeah

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by supercrazy
ICO is a crap game there no point to it, another thing is that when you start you don't know what your supposed to do, i eventually completed it but it took 3 weeks to do so, because i died a million times.


wow, don't take it out on the game because it bugs you to use a little BRAIN-POWER, i'm glad Ico didn't try to be easier for american gamers (one of the only things that pisses me off about Okami)

pr1983
star wars battlefront 2's cheap kills... i hate that shit... many a time i've played a level like kamino, wiped the floor with an entire platform of droids, and started to take the cp, when one f*cker hits me with a turret or sniper rifle out of nowhere...

i've probably mentioned it before, but playing pro evo soccer, getting an early goal, hitting everything but the back of the net, defending like a tiger, and in the last minute their striker rises like a salmon to head an equalizer... makes me want to go apeshit...

the developers of lego sw: ot, not enough customization... too many damn capes... yeah, i'm picky...

MadMel
lol....spammers and noobs in star wars bf2..
they're so annoying ranting..

Mišt
I was playing BF2 before droolio Feckin' love Mygeeto, that level kicks so much ass.

BF2 - Not enough Heroes...so they repeat the heroes for both CW and GCW *cough* Death Star level *cough* no expression Yeah, I really want to play as Palpatine both times...no expression

Oblivion - Too many goddamn bugs! What the hell? I open a door, game crashes. I load a save game, game crashes. I kill a guard, game crashes. I cast a spell, game crashes. Feck you Bethesda ermmad

THPS3 - Gameplay is waaay too fast, I cant make a move without crashing into a pole or something.

pr1983

MadMel
lol..
they mist, ur an aussie right?? why dont you join the AUS clan big grin aussies only big grin..

Mišt
Originally posted by MadMel
lol..
they mist, ur an aussie right?? why dont you join the AUS clan big grin aussies only big grin..

What server do you play on? I've never played online before, does my slightly non-legit copy work?dodgy

MadMel
lol...anyways...first of all it has to be the pc version...second, you need the patch....3rd, you need to sign up here (http://sw.aus-squad.com/) and wait for acceptance....and last of all - the server is AUS - battlefront..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.