Raging Colossus vs X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sai1
I've been reading a lot of Colossus VS (insert X-man member here) posts and the general concensus seems to be that none of them can really damage Colossus. (With the excpetion being that maybe Storm can hurt him with her lightning but I dont see how since he's just one big mass of solid steel and I've seens scans of him taking the brunt of it while holding her. And if she did anything too extreme, I imagine she would probably involve her team mates)

So does a Colossus made of pure rage take them down one by one or do the X-men find a way to subdue him?

DarkCrawler
All X-Men ever against him? huh

Sai1
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
All X-Men ever against him? huh

I suppose that would be alot. I guess the ones I had in mind most vividly are, cyclops, storm, wolverine, nightcrawler, rouge, gambit, beast, and iceman. I'd have to leave out psychics like Jean cause I figure he can't do anything against psychic attacks. Feel free to add any other that wouldn't utterly decimate him.

BTW who are all the current X-men members?

meep-meep
There's no way Colossus could stand up to all the x-men. Some of them he could take for sure like Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue and maybe kitty pryde. He couldn't take them all at the same time, however. People like ice-man, storm are a few he could but ptobably wouldn't. Others like White queen, Pheonix and Prof x he stands no chance against unless he catches them by surprise.

DarkCrawler
Iceman could beat him. Rogue possibly, if she would absorb some of the other's powers. I guess Nightcrawler could teleport his head off if bloodlust was on. Storm probably would find some way to win.

lilnutta12
i feel sorry for colossus with that team

cyclops= takes off visors and unleashes full power - damage

storm= summons some really powerful winds and tornadoes and sucks him away then drops him in the middle of the sea

wolverine= doesn't have much of a chance here

night crawler= depends on were the fight takes place if it was somewhere like a molten factory he teleports him into some molten and watches his metal slowly burn

rogue= steals powers uses ms.marvel sun fire and colossus combined to do some power and strength combos eventually taking him down

gambit= just like in AoA kills him

beast= noway has beast a chance, if it was dark yes way

iceman= i don't think me feeling sorry for colossus can help here

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Sai1

There are three teams. Astonishing X-Men, where there are:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Beast
Shadowcat
Wolverine

X-Men where there are:

Rogue, Iceman, Cannonball, Cable, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind

And Uncanny:

Nightcrawler, Havok, Polaris, Rachel Summers, Warpath, Professor X

I think these are one of the best lineups ever. Best writers too. Mike Carey, ED BRUBAKER and Joss Whedon. Previews look good: (For example Rogue absorbed and combined White Queens and Cyclops's powers, resulting in area attack when diamond reflected Cyclops's beams everywhere)

Soljer
Errrm...if I recall, isn't Colossus immune to Rogues power? I suppose I could be mistaken, but I thought I recalled that.

Also, his armor has been known to withstand EXTREME temperatures and pressure changes, I don't know what a bunch of lightning and hail from Storm is gonna do. Gambit could do it, assuming he had the power to kinetically charge Colossus' entire armor.

And Iceman could certainly decimate colossus in the same way he decimates everyone, assuming Colossus has internal organs under that metallic skin. Even if he didn't, however, Iceman could still prove a challenge for colussus, and a GREAT annoyance, considering that he (colossus) would never be able to stop Iceman.

lilnutta12

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Beast
Shadowcat
Wolverine

X-Men where there are:

And Uncanny:

ok lets see 1st team cyclops and emma team to unleah true energy from eyes crossed with powerful psycihc attacks
while beast and wolverine distract

doubt shadow would do anything to her lover but she could phase his head off....

team 2 rogue absorbs him, iceman freezes him hardcore, canonball flies at him to do damage, cable can do this by himself, mystique - dont no, sabretooth no, mastermind - dont no much about

team 3 = nice and simple teleport , havoks energy, magnetism, phoenix, simply just the word warpath, pro x rapes his head

lilnutta12
Originally posted by Soljer
Errrm...if I recall, isn't Colossus immune to Rogues power? I suppose I could be mistaken, but I thought I recalled that.

Also, his armor has been known to withstand EXTREME temperatures and pressure changes, I don't know what a bunch of lightning and hail from Storm is gonna do. Gambit could do it, assuming he had the power to kinetically charge Colossus' entire armor.

And Iceman could certainly decimate colossus in the same way he decimates everyone, assuming Colossus has internal organs under that metallic skin. Even if he didn't, however, Iceman could still prove a challenge for colussus, and a GREAT annoyance, considering that he (colossus) would never be able to stop Iceman.

actually in AoA he killed iceman

Draco69

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Beast
Shadowcat
Wolverine

X-Men where there are:

And Uncanny:

I think these are one of the best lineups ever. Best writers too. Mike Carey, ED BRUBAKER and Joss Whedon. Previews look good: (For example Rogue absorbed and combined White Queens and Cyclops's powers, resulting in area attack when diamond reflected Cyclops's beams everywhere)

Why the f*** would Sabretooth join the X-Men? Or Mystique? Or Lady Mastermind?

They already have a bad image, and now they want to recruit three known mutant terrorists to their team...?

erm

Sai1
Originally posted by Soljer

I was also under this impression. When they kissed, nothing happened. And if Rouge took anyone's powers, wouldn't that take them out of the battle or leave them too weak to do much?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Draco69

They already have a bad image, and now they want to recruit three known mutant terrorists to their team...?

erm The story behind it hasn't been said...but with writer like that, I am sure it's good. yes

Bachalo seems to be better as artist these days too.

Metalmanx
I suppose that would be alot. I guess the ones I had in mind most vividly are, cyclops, storm, wolverine, nightcrawler, rouge, gambit, beast, and iceman. I'd have to leave out psychics like Jean cause I figure he can't do anything against psychic attacks. Feel free to add any other that wouldn't utterly decimate him.

This team cannot stop him.

Cyclops's best move is to just knock Colossus off-balance. But even then, when Colossus charges, his incredible momentum would pretty much negates the concussive force. I've seen him just run through all sorts of energy blasts before.

Storm's most powerful attack is probably her intense lightning. And that sucks for her. Colossus is a giant conductor with no flesh to harm. The electricity will just go right through him, causing him no harm.

Nightcrawler would most likely not be able to teleport any part of Colossus off, since he's far too dense. (And in relation to the X-men vs. Ultron thread, I renounce my previous comment. Depending on the density of the object, NC may or may not be able to teleport it, so he most likely could not teleport the Hulk's head off, for example).

Wolverine can't cut Colossus. 'Nuff said.

Rogue can't physically hurt Colossus, nor can her absorbing powers affect him.

Gambit could potentially charge Colossus and cause him to explode, but he would most likely remain intact.

Beast would be the last to go down along with Nightcrawler, both able to avoid Colossus's attacks for a good period of time. However, their endurances will eventually give way, enabling Colossus to catch them. (Note: Colossus actually does have a very small degree of super speed when transformed and has limitless endurance and stamina).

Iceman could freeze him, only to witness Colossus breaking free. But Colossus couldn't defeat Bobby either. So, in essence, this one is a stalemate.

I think an enraged Colossus would take this team.

DarkCrawler
Iceman works on molecular level...Colossus wouldn't get free from that...he'd freeze his organs and brains and blood...metallic as all of them may be, I don't think he'd survive a complete deep freeze. And Nightcrawler teleported parts from Nimrod away, didn't he?

As for Gambit, Colossus's metal is organic metal...Gambit can't charge anything organic.

Sai1
Originally posted by lilnutta12
i feel sorry for colossus with that team

cyclops= takes off visors and unleashes full power - damage

Colossus seemed to have a pretty decisive victory in the Colossus VS Cyclops thread
storm= summons some really powerful winds and tornadoes and sucks him away then drops him in the middle of the sea

How does this defeat Colossus?

night crawler= depends on were the fight takes place if it was somewhere like a molten factory he teleports him into some molten and watches his metal slowly burn

I'm gonna assume there's no molten factory around but even if there was I don't think that would do much to Colussus except make his puches feel hotter. And isn't Nightcrawler really exauhsted if he transports anything besides himself?
rogue= steals powers uses ms.marvel sun fire and colossus combined to do some power and strength combos eventually taking him down

She cant take Colossus' power. And I'm not sure by how much but I think Colossus is stronger and more durable.
gambit= just like in AoA kills him

Which still baffles me. How the heck does Gambit kill Colossus.

beast= noway has beast a chance, if it was dark yes way

Don't know much about dark beast. Whats he all about?

iceman= i don't think me feeling sorry for colossus can help here

I think Iceman has some upgrades I'm not aware of. How does he do it?

Metalmanx
Wow. There is severe underestimation of Colossus here. He's one of the most powerful X-men for a reason.

None of these X-men, maybe sans Gambit, can really physically harm him.

Edit: I forgot that Gambit cannot charge organic materials. So, I stick by my previous statement. This team does not stop Colossus.

Metalmanx
Iceman works on molecular level...Colossus wouldn't get free from that...he'd freeze his organs and brains and blood...metallic as all of them may be, I don't think he'd survive a complete deep freeze. And Nightcrawler teleported parts from Nimrod away, didn't he?

As for Gambit, Colossus's metal is organic metal...Gambit can't charge anything organic.

He has no organs or blood to worry about. He becomes solid steel. Basically a giant steel statue that can move.

And touche. I forgot about that with Gambit.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Metalmanx
He has no organs or blood to worry about. He becomes solid steel. Basically a giant steel statue that can move.

And touche. I forgot about that with Gambit. Actually during Gambits stint as omega he could charge anything organic and his current Death Incarnation can also but hes not has powerful.

DarkCrawler

And touche. I forgot about that with Gambit. I've still seen him knocked out. Most recently in Astonishing X-Men. You know, when you freeze something down and then smash it, it usually breaks easier. If Iceman would freeze Colossus down in molecular level, and Cyclops would blast him/Rogue would hit him, this would probably happen.

who?-kid
I'm confused... didn't Rogue absorb Colossus' powers when they were fighting Nimrod ?

Grimm22
X-men who beat Colossus:

-Cyclops

-Kitty Pride

-Emma Frost

-Jean Grey

-Rachel Grey

-Cable

-Prof. X

-Elixer

ect...

Draco69
It got retconned for Claramont's purpose of making them a couple...which was quickly abandoned.

Soleran
the X-men could and would beat Colossus

Grimm22
It got retconned for Claramont's purpose of making them a couple...which was quickly abandoned.

Stupid Claremont miffed

He used to be such a good writer, but now... eh erm

Blair Wind
no expression

are you people serious??

Iceman does one of two things:

Freezes his molecules. I dont care if hes metal, he cant move. He becomes a REAL statue

or

Like in AoA, Iceman can teleport/move through molecular inversion. He was also able to take people with him in this form. The process is particularly painful to everyone but Iceman. Im guessing it would hurt more when his head turns into water vapor, but his body doesnt erm

ThePittman

ThePittman
Originally posted by who?-kid
I'm confused... didn't Rogue absorb Colossus' powers when they were fighting Nimrod ? Only when his is not in armor form.

Sai1

ThePittman

Sai1

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

are you people serious??

Freezes his molecules. I dont care if hes metal, he cant move. He becomes a REAL statue

or

Like in AoA, Iceman can teleport/move through molecular inversion. He was also able to take people with him in this form. The process is particularly painful to everyone but Iceman. Im guessing it would hurt more when his head turns into water vapor, but his body doesnt erm

no expression

Grimm22
no expression

Did you just quote yourself for no reason no expression

Soleran
Wolverine doesn't need any help, he just smoked this fool, stabs him in the eyes! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman
Originally posted by Soleran
Wolverine doesn't need any help, he just smoked this fool, stabs him in the eyes! roll eyes (sarcastic) Eye is armored too.

Soleran
Originally posted by ThePittman
Eye is armored too.

roll eyes (sarcastic) sarcasm

Sai1
no expression

are you people serious??

or

If this is the case, guess I shoulda left him out of the equation. Seems Iceman can take out Colossus by himself without working up a sweat.

So is Iceman pretty much invincible now?

Mr.V
No, Iceman isnt, But Blair Wind Iceman is big grin it's almost as formidable as Mungi's Alpha flight! cool

Metalmanx
I've still seen him knocked out. Most recently in Astonishing X-Men. You know, when you freeze something down and then smash it, it usually breaks easier. If Iceman would freeze Colossus down in molecular level, and Cyclops would blast him/Rogue would hit him, this would probably happen.

You pose a good point there. I guess I'm just picture it being more of an unstoppable raging force, just bursting through anything in his way.

I suppose though, if Iceman saw it coming, he could incapacitate Colossus.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
X-men who beat Colossus:

-Cyclops

-Kitty Pride

-Emma Frost

-Jean Grey

-Rachel Grey

-Cable

-Prof. X

-Elixer

ect...

Why is Cyclops there? He can't beat Colossus.

For that matter...nor can Elixer.

Metalmanx
If this is the case, guess I shoulda left him out of the equation. Seems Iceman can take out Colossus by himself without working up a sweat.

So is Iceman pretty much invincible now?

Actually? Pretty much.

Metalmanx

who?-kid
Cyclops can not beat Colossus. He's just too tough, too durable.

But Cyclops probably can put a hurting on him, Colossus will have a difficult time before he has his steel hands around Cyclops throat : Cyclops is a cunning tactician - in my opinion he's Captain America level, or only a tiny notch below.

Cyclops will use the environment to make it difficult for Colossus, and he will use every trick of the book. In the end, Colossus wins, but it would be a very cool fight.

stormfront13
yes metalmanx...storm can in fact beat colossus. she's basically already done it. during mutant VS monstersick-men VS dracula...storm froze colossus in a block of ice in "the blink of an eye". she did that while bleeding out of her shoulder and almost had no strength left.

Sai1
Originally posted by stormfront13
yes metalmanx...storm can in fact beat colossus. she's basically already done it. during mutant VS monstersick-men VS dracula...storm froze colossus in a block of ice in "the blink of an eye". she did that while bleeding out of her shoulder and almost had no strength left.

Am I the only one thinking Colossus shouldn't have too much trouble breaking out of a block of ice?

Metalmanx
Am I the only one thinking Colossus shouldn't have too much trouble breaking out of a block of ice?

No. No you're not.

ThePittman
Depends on how thick it is and if Iceman makes it soft or hard.

Sai1
Depends on how thick it is and if Iceman makes it soft or hard.

But it's also not like Colossus is just gonna stand there and wait for himself to be totally encased before he attempts to break free. He's currently an enraged beast.

Swanky-Tuna

I'm not so sure about Iceman beating everyone by just freezing them. Every power can be resisted somehow and Iceman's can be resisted to some degree just by moving. And for Colossus to be so "small" yet be so strong, he must have some kind of crazy energy stored in his body.

In fact, the level of which people claim Iceman can freeze is getting so ridiculous. I'm waiting for the day someone will say he can fly up to Surfer, a star, or even friggen Galactus and drain every megafonzie of energy out of them by freezing them.

Grimm22
Why is Cyclops there? He can't beat Colossus.

For that matter...nor can Elixer.

Actually he can no expression

You're underestimating Cyclops.

That and Elixer is a freakin' omea mutant. He can kill as easily as he can heal yes

DarkCrawler
No, I don't think that it can be resisted by just moving. Iceman froze up the particles of Fever Pitch. His power was quite similar to Human Torche's. If he can freeze a guy who is on fire, I don't see him having problems freezing metal.

Sai1

That and Elixer is a freakin' omea mutant. He can kill as easily as he can heal yes

I don't think he is. Most don't if you check out the Cyclops vs Colossus thread.

And as far as elixer goes, Colossus took him and his team out during a training session.

Swanky-Tuna
No, I don't think that it can be resisted by just moving. Iceman froze up the particles of Fever Pitch. His power was quite similar to Human Torche's. If he can freeze a guy who is on fire, I don't see him having problems freezing metal.
His power is based on drawing the kinetic energy, or heat, out of objects. Movement creates heat. It's some form of resistance. And you know he's not just a uniform mold of metal.

I'm not saying he can't do it, I'm saying it's not just some completely irresistable attack.

As for Fevered Pitch, he looks cool, but his bio on wiki makes him sound kind of suck. And I expected more of a dance theme.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm not so sure about Iceman beating everyone by just freezing them. Every power can be resisted somehow and Iceman's can be resisted to some degree just by moving. And for Colossus to be so "small" yet be so strong, he must have some kind of crazy energy stored in his body.

In fact, the level of which people claim Iceman can freeze is getting so ridiculous. I'm waiting for the day someone will say he can fly up to Surfer, a star, or even friggen Galactus and drain every megafonzie of energy out of them by freezing them.

He froze the Stranger no expression

Swanky-Tuna
He froze the Stranger no expression
That's like saying someone beat Solomon Grundy. The Stranger's about as well defined as my abs and that ain't defined at all. He obviously can't be that smart if he fires orange jello out of his eyes.

snoopdogg
Is Colossus fighting all of these guys at once? Or one on one?

If he's fighting them all at once it would be kinda hard for Colossus. One on one when he lets his rage take over is a different story.

jrodslam
In the recent issue of Astonishing, Colssus fought Shaw to a pounding. Little did he know Shaw was absorbing the energy and when he hit him, LIQUID came from Colossus's nose. Am i the only one who noticed that? Iceman will manipulate the liquid inside Colossus's body.

stormfront13
No. No you're not.

yeah..well it happened in a canon comic. he had a tough time breaking out and we don't know iof he did or of kitty phased him out. either way a big enough block like a half a mile wide radius would keep him in there

snoopdogg
Is there anybody who can actually beat Godlike Iceman?

I'm curious.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Is there anybody who can actually beat Godlike Iceman?

I'm curious.

To be honest, i think they would have to be GOD-Like. Telepathy and Matter manipulation wise.

There was a time where Iceman couldnt reform due to no moisture in the air, but he was still talking to a telepath through his consciousness.

Can his mind be wiped in that instance? Hard to say considering the telepath wouldnt know where it is exactly.

Example would be when Black Tom took over the X-Mansion and his consiousness wasnt even there.

Sai1
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Is Colossus fighting all of these guys at once? Or one on one?

If he's fighting them all at once it would be kinda hard for Colossus. One on one when he lets his rage take over is a different story.

I was intending for it to be all 8 that I first mentioned at once. (Maybe leaving out Iceman if he's just gonna do stuff like turn Colussus' head into water vapor like Blair Wind said.) Lets say that they are about to kill his parents and sister (if they were still alive) unless he stops them. smile

snoopdogg
I was intending for it to be all at once. Well he took out the New X-men without even trying too hard. But this team is more experienced than the New X-men though.

But if Colossus is in a rage then he will do some damage and snap some knecks before he goes down.

Sai1
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah..well it happened in a canon comic. he had a tough time breaking out and we don't know iof he did or of kitty phased him out. either way a big enough block like a half a mile wide radius would keep him in there

Can Storm or Iceman encase him in ice that large? Again, I would think he wouldn't let it get that far though...

Sai1
I was intending for it to be all 8 that I first mentioned at once. (Maybe leaving out Iceman if he's just gonna do stuff like turn Colussus' head into water vapor like Blair Wind said.) Lets say that they are about to kill his parents and sister (if they were still alive) unless he stops them. smile

So how exactly does he go down after snapping those necks?

Basically what I was thinking was, if juggernaut could do it shouldn't Colossus be able to? Sure he's not as strong as juggernaut but strong enough to do to the X-men whatever juggernaut would do to them. Should be resistant enough too even if not as resitant as Juggies.

stormfront13
Can Storm or Iceman encase him in ice that large? Again, I would think he wouldn't let it get that far though...

how can he stop it though? you can't stop nature. storm, froze him while he was moving when she first froze him. the scene went like this:

storm knocked him down, and before colossus could even stand up he was in a block of ice. yes, the comic stated that he was frozen in the blink of an eye. a block of ice a half a male wide and thick would keep him occupied, and he probably wouldn't be moving for a while.

ThePittman

Grimm22
I don't think he is. Most don't if you check out the Cyclops vs Colossus thread.

And as far as elixer goes, Colossus took him and his team out during a training session.

I know he took the new X-men with ease, but this was before Elixer tapped into more of his power. The kid is an omega mutant so Colossus cant really do much to him no

Elixer has the potential to be on or above Iceman level no expression

xmarksthespot

ThePittman

superbatman86
Well if Iceman can freeze the hulk then he can do it to col.

Metalmanx

You have me confused with someone else.

I NEVER underestimate Cyclops. I give him all the props he deserves.

But he has nothing on Colossus.

When did Elixer gain the power to kill? I haven't kept up with Academy X.

ThePittman
You have me confused with someone else.

I NEVER underestimate Cyclops. I give him all the props he deserves.

But he has nothing on Colossus.

When did Elixer gain the power to kill? I haven't kept up with Academy X. In the last issue he killed Striker, but he is all messed up now. Skin turned black.

Metalmanx
In the last issue he killed Striker, but he is all messed up now. Skin turned black.

How did he do so? I mean, what's his new power?

xmarksthespot
How did he do so? I mean, what's his new power? Not so much a new power as an extension of his pre-existing power to manipulate organic molecules. He basically just melts Stryker's face off or something along those lines iirc. He did something similar in HoM.

Colossus being organic protects him from Gambit but he'd be susceptible to Elixir. But Elixir would still need to get close enough to do any harm.

ThePittman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
But Elixir would still need to get close enough to do any harm. Well that we've seen so far, being an Omega level mutant I'm sure they will make it possible from a distance but that's not really relevant right now. However Nightcrawler could just pop in and drop in behind him or over him with Elixir in tow.

ExodusCloak
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3695/uxm208page19zx1.th.jpg

I had to find a relevant thread to post this in....

Grimm22

erm

Sabertooth? Because Marvel realized they cant have Wolverine in every X-book, so they want the closest thing big grin

Mystique? Hot blue chick? I have no problem with it wink

Lady Mastermind? Who? no expression

ExodusCloak
Sucks for the Rogue/Colossus retcon...

Lady Mastermind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Mastermind

juggernaut66666
How angry is colossus?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
How angry is colossus?

He apparently thinks the X-Men are about to mutilate his entire family...or that's at least what I read...so far...

juggernaut66666
Is this the gay version?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Not so much a new power as an extension of his pre-existing power to manipulate organic molecules. He basically just melts Stryker's face off or something along those lines iirc. He did something similar in HoM.

Colossus being organic protects him from Gambit but he'd be susceptible to Elixir. But Elixir would still need to get close enough to do any harm.

Basically Elixir is just like Lionel Jeffries/Scramble

ExodusCloak
Is this the gay version?

I think it's assumed to be the 616 version....

juggernaut66666
How old is he?

King_Mungi
How old is he?

Elixir? mid-teens I assume

Rols
X-men should win the fight both teams Uncanny and regular X-men, theres just to many of them, hed be overwhelm 10/10 X-men..

Metalmanx

A raging Colossus? He'd take out most of the team. He's not just a lumbering powerhouse that a lot of people think he is. He's actually quite the smart, tactical fighter.

The only ones able to stop him are Iceman and Storm I suppose, only through ice-incapacitation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.