Odin Vs Magus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
well thanos has hung with both even though he lost to them but who would win if these two monsters went at it, battle takes place in asgard.

Mider
bump

Thanos_6383
Not sure who would win.Maybe Odin.

Crease
Odin. Thanos lost to Magus sooooo long ago. I doubt a rematch would end the same way. Now that I think about it, didn't magus have a bunch of the Infinity Gems? Lemme go home and dig into the crates and I'll post later reading

Mider
i dont think the first time they fought he had the gems, he was pretty much slapping him around like a rag doll

Mider
he was a suped up adam warlock basically the champion of life kinda sick, vs thanos champion of death, he beat thanos up pretty bad in there incounters.

bigbran
magus beat him, but thanos didnt have a mark on him, or koed, tough battle, i was thinkin of making it a long time ago...
hmmm, lets say magus 6/10

Mider
if odin really wanted to kill thaons he could have why he didnt im not sure

rotiart
If you're thinking of Infinity Wars, When Magus knocked around Thanos. Magus had the power of 5 cosmic cubes behind him. Can't remember another time they fought off hand.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Mider

Because Thanos is immortal no expression

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Because Thanos is immortal no expression
Immortality is relative. He's immortal the same way that Odin is immortal...A dispersal of his atoms will be enough to kill him. If anyone can do it, Odin can.

As far as Odin vs Magus...I'm not sure who would pull a majority. Odin has power in spades like virtually no one else in the MU. At the same time, the Magus has ridiculous powers AND he's been tutored in the magic arts by Order and Chaos themselves, so there's a good chance that any magic attacks Odin would use could be nullified. He's also insane.

I don't know yet. Interesting choices, Mider.

DigiMark007

Have you seen the fight? Odin used pretty much everything he had and Thanos was still standing. Battered, but standing.

I'm not sure where you can say Odin could kill Thanos if he wanted. He might have the sickest durability this side of Galactus.

Skeets
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Have you seen the fight? Odin used pretty much everything he had and Thanos was still standing. Battered, but standing.

I'm not sure where you can say Odin could kill Thanos if he wanted. He might have the sickest durability this side of Galactus.
Hell yea Odin could have killed him that wasn't even a serious Odin..

bigbran
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I'm not sure where you can say Odin could kill Thanos if he wanted. He might have the sickest durability this side of Galactus. hells ya.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Skeets
Hell yea Odin could have killed him that wasn't even a serious Odin..

Then I'd love to see him serious....really. Because I've never seen him output more hurting than he did for Thanos. Granted, I'm not the hugest fan of him, but I've seen at least a fair share of his showings.

bigbran
pulling out gungir isnt being serios. What the f**k?

bigbran
hmm odin didnt look mad here. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

rotiart
Regular Odin vs. Regular Magus.. .to me.. equals dead magus...

I've never seen the magus take on anyone without a plot device backing him up.

Skeets
Originally posted by bigbran
pulling out gungir isnt being serios. What the f**k?
Not at all a serious Odin was shaking the multiverse Destroying Galaxies etc.

Rols
Odin is by far stronger than the Magus owned powers

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Skeets
Not at all a serious Odin was shaking the multiverse Destroying Galaxies etc.

Odin vs Surtur during the Ragnarok storyline. Galaxies weren't destoyed, Odin probably wasn't taking that fight seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mider
when odin was evil didnt he crush planets in his hands, he was putting all he had into that fight, i dont think so, thanos was hurt, yet odin wasnt even scratched, and he didnt seem to be straining even if it looked like alot of power he may not have been putting all the juice out if he had been he'd have been at least tired dont you think?

bigbran
thanos wasnt tired either, its called high stamina.

bigbran
when odin was evil didnt he crush planets in his hands, he was putting all he had into that fight, i dont think so, thanos was hurt, yet odin wasnt even scratched, and he didnt seem to be straining even if it looked like alot of power he may not have been putting all the juice out if he had been he'd have been at least tired dont you think? odins stamina is prob off the charts.

Mider
yeah right, his hand was withered, his suit was torn, he'd gotten smacked around like nobody's buisness, he found out what its like to be the surfer when surfer takes on thanos, his power cosmic barely phased odin, and didnt so much as hurt him, if odin was going all out fully he probably would have finished the fight early.

MJOILNIR
I would think Odin takes the majority vs magus. I still cant figure out why people say thanos stalemated Odin when he ended up laying on his backside.

Mider
cause in here everyone loves thanos almost, they think he's skyfather level which he has never ever ever EVERRRRRR shown to be.

K Von Doom
Odin saw that his son was captured by a well known villain, his soldiers were routed by the Infinity Watch, why wouldn't Odin give 100% in that fight against Thanos?

Mider
if he had given a 100 percent as in like when he was crushing planets with his bare hands, or when he was fighting and it effected the nine worlds i would think thats going all out but when he wasnt even sweating nope i dont think he was going all out he didnt even take thanos as a serious threat i think.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Odin saw that his son was captured by a well known villain, his soldiers were routed by the Infinity Watch, why wouldn't Odin give 100% in that fight against Thanos?

Because he didnt need to.

An adult doesnt need to use all his/her strength to restrain a 1 year old. If an adult did so the 1 year old might end up dead, which is not what the adult might intend.

Now if it turns out the 1 year old has the strength of a 5 year old, the adult would ba taken by surprise and have to kick it up a couple of notches but that does not mean the adult is anywhere maximum effort. Afterall, it's still a small child. Therefore the adult would restrain the child and give it a chance to quiet down. But sometimes rowdy children like to push limits.

K Von Doom
Odin's 'Ragnarok' fight against Surtur, because it didn't destroy planets or affect the nine worlds, means he wasn't giving 100%?

bigbran
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Because he didnt need to.

An adult doesnt need to use all his/her strength to restrain a 1 year old. If an adult did so the 1 year old might end up dead, which is not what the adult might intend.

Now if it turns out the 1 year old has the strength of a 5 year old, the adult would ba taken by surprise and have to kick it up a couple of notches but that does not mean the adult is anywhere maximum effort. Afterall, it's still a small child. Therefore the adult would restrain the child and give it a chance to quiet down. But sometimes rowdy children like to push limits. im a 14 year old and i would end a 5 year old in a sec, no point there.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by bigbran
im a 14 year old and i would end a 5 year old in a sec, no point there.

So youre admitting to delinquent tendencies ... hmm. Odin, on the other hand, is usually not written as a delinquent and as a result he was merfiful in giving Thanos a chance to give up instead of killing him outright.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Odin's 'Ragnarok' fight against Surtur, because it didn't destroy planets or affect the nine worlds, means he wasn't giving 100%?

Of course he was giving 100% in that fight but Marvel has always shown Odin fight Surtur hand to hand which suggests that the kind of attacks that work on characters like Thanos, Galactus, etc wont work on Surtur.

bigbran
again, he pulls out gungir. plus in this scan, odin looks pissed.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Of course he was giving 100% in that fight but Marvel has always shown Odin fight Surtur hand to hand which suggests that the kind of attacks that work on characters like Thanos, Galactus, etc wont work on Surtur.

Suggests eh?

Actually, Odin and Surtur only went hand-to-hand & grappled towards the end of that fight. Most of it was fought using range attacks, the same type of range attacks regularly used against normal foes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.